It's that time again: New years resolutions !

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 12, 2020
Post the top 5 things that you want to accomplish in the next year to better yourself! I posted this in singles forum because this can tie into finding a special someone too. Maybe there's things that are holding you back from finding that person, well what say you cc ?

1. Get down to 150 lbs ( currently 165 )
2. Finish first year of university
3. Learn Spanish
4. Finally do that cross country road trip to California
5. Smile more! (Because people say I'm far too serious haha 😂)

Belka

Aug 24, 2017
Hi Salvajito!

Thanks for sharing your "resolutions" for the new year : )
If you don't me asking, why do you want to get down to 150 lbs? 165 lbs seems fine for a man, no?

Those are really nice goals too, and actually doable! I hope you will accomplish them. And if you don't accomplish all of them, I hope you won't be disappointed or hard on yourself.

As for me, I actually haven't thought about it ^^'

But pondering it now, a few things come to mind:
- no more complaining
- making peace with whatever situation / circumstance I find myself in
- & even finding joy in the midst of my circumstances
- hopefully witnessing about Jesus more ♥

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
I accomplished one from last year. Praise God ❤😇

I bought my own place a small townhouse for my retirement lol 😅

1.To grow more in my walk with the Lord Jesus
2 .To stay healthy and fit
3. To go home in 2021 to see the house I bought and spend time with my loves(family)
4. Get married (just putting this just in case) lol 😂
5. Make resolutions for next year again 😅

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Hmm not much of a hit
You posted it two days before Christmas. Nobody has time to think about this two days before Christmas. We gotta get to the store and buy the food ingredients we forgot, and then go back seven times for other things we STILL forgot.

Today, though... today and for the next week, this will probably be the most popular topic, here in the forum and in local conversations everywhere.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
... We gotta get to the store and buy the food ingredients we forgot, and then go back seven times for other things we STILL forgot.
One Christmas, we were almost ready to sit down to our family Christmas dinner feast when it was discovered there were no potatoes for mashing. Christmas day, dinner time, my ex goes out in search of potatoes :LOL: He finally found a Chinese corner grocery store to buy the required missing ingredient to complete our celebratory repast :D

Nov 12, 2020
You posted it two days before Christmas. Nobody has time to think about this two days before Christmas. We gotta get to the store and buy the food ingredients we forgot, and then go back seven times for other things we STILL forgot.

Today, though... today and for the next week, this will probably be the most popular topic, here in the forum and in local conversations everywhere.
Hahaha excellent point I haven't looked at it that way 😂

Nov 12, 2020
Hi Salvajito!

Thanks for sharing your "resolutions" for the new year : )
If you don't me asking, why do you want to get down to 150 lbs? 165 lbs seems fine for a man, no?

Those are really nice goals too, and actually doable! I hope you will accomplish them. And if you don't accomplish all of them, I hope you won't be disappointed or hard on yourself.

As for me, I actually haven't thought about it ^^'

But pondering it now, a few things come to mind:
- no more complaining
- making peace with whatever situation / circumstance I find myself in
- & even finding joy in the midst of my circumstances
- hopefully witnessing about Jesus more ♥
165 is not too bad but for the body fat percentage I want to attain 150 is just about perfect. There's some wiggle room though

She_is_Legendary

May 30, 2019
hmmmm.... New Years resolutions. You know this topic is pretty awesome, but how many folks are actually going To KEEP these resolutions? Lol especially if we are STILL dealing with covid.

But I’m sure some people will try their best to make things happen; and if that’s the case these are mine;

1)be more attentive to my boys.
2) less focus on electronics
3)try to cook more meals
4) try something new every chance I get
5) be the best mommy to my boys.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
huh making them already?
what about the ones you made last year did you keep them? If not, you still got a few more days. Or just do the same ones as last year.

I was taught in business school you had to make SMART goals. But I have forgotten what SMART stands for....lol

I'd like to learn to read chinese. I think it would be handy to recognise on restaurant menus especially, or the boxes in the garage that mum has labelled in chinese. uh Mum whats this scribble?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
My New year's resolution is the same as the one I made last year. I resolved not to make any New year's resolutions.

This resolution of course breaks itself. And with the making and breaking out of the way, I am free to enjoy New year's eve.

Nov 12, 2020
huh making them already?
what about the ones you made last year did you keep them? If not, you still got a few more days. Or just do the same ones as last year.

I was taught in business school you had to make SMART goals. But I have forgotten what SMART stands for....lol

I'd like to learn to read chinese. I think it would be handy to recognise on restaurant menus especially, or the boxes in the garage that mum has labelled in chinese. uh Mum whats this scribble?
Makes learning Spanish seem like child's play

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Post the top 5 things that you want to accomplish in the next year to better yourself! I posted this in singles forum because this can tie into finding a special someone too. Maybe there's things that are holding you back from finding that person, well what say you cc ?

1. Get down to 150 lbs ( currently 165 )
1. Get up to 150 lbs (currently 130)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
huh making them already?

I don't even have a SMART phone.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I don't even have a SMART phone.
I think it's SMART to avoid getting something you don't need just because "everybody has one." For some people a smartphone really just does not fit their use case.

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
I plan to turn over a new leaf.... The same one I turned over last year :)

Belka

Aug 24, 2017
huh making them already?

I studied this lol.

Specific
Measurable
Ambitious
Realistic
Time-bound

There are other alternatives though :)

IToreTheSky

Aug 20, 2020
N.Y.
I don't really make new years resolutions. I sort of think of them in the same way I think of Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Ppl always say at Thanksgiving you should take stock of your life,what you have,family,friends etc.
I think I should be thankful daily,not just once a year.
At Christmas we're told it's a time of giving to others without thought of what we get in return.
Again,I feel like I should be like this year round,not just one day where things seem all magical and festive.
I'm not knocking the holidays at all. They're great! But really shouldn't we be doing these things in our lives,or at least trying to anyways?
New Years resolutions can be made daily,and put into practice all the time.
Sometimes I just don't like all the hype surrounding these occasions.
If it helps to make a list of things you resolve to do or be in the upcoming year I suppose ... 😄

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I studied this lol.

Specific
Measurable
Ambitious
Realistic
Time-bound

There are other alternatives though :)
ambitious? I thought it was achievable....(but how do you even know this, you might set a goal nobody else has ever done before?)