I've fallen on some hard times.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
And things are really starting to go downhill for me.

I'm in a very dark place in my life. Nothing seems to be going right, but a lot is going wrong. And things seem to be getting worse.

I keep thinking about how it's always darkest before the dawn. Or how things will get worse before they get better. But I have my doubts.

People might say how God can do miracles and turn a bad situation around. But I'm starting to lose hope. And since I doubt, some people might tell me my faith was never that strong to begin with. But I'm only human. And it's easy to become discouraged when I keep hoping and praying for solutions to my problems, but no solutions ever come. And like I said, things seem to be getting worse rather than better.

I spend my days feeling down, scared, worried about things going on my life. The problems, obstacles that I'm facing. I just think....why me? Why has it come to this?

Bottom line: I just need prayer. Not prayers for a miracle, but for God to give me strength. Strength to carry on bravely and deal with whatever the future holds. That's all.

I know I'm being very vague and non-specific about what's going on in my life, but I'd rather not go into details. Please don't ask. Just please pray for me. Believe me....I need prayer now more than ever. And I could go on, but I think now is a good time to stop writing. If you've read through all this, you probably have a good enough idea of how I'm feeling.

Please just pray for me.

Thank you all.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009

I'm in a very dark place in my life. Nothing seems to be going right, but a lot is going wrong. And things seem to be getting worse.

I keep thinking about how it's always darkest before the dawn. Or how things will get worse before they get better. But I have my doubts.

People might say how God can do miracles and turn a bad situation around. But I'm starting to lose hope. And since I doubt, some people might tell me my faith was never that strong to begin with. But I'm only human. And it's easy to become discouraged when I keep hoping and praying for solutions to my problems, but no solutions ever come. And like I said, things seem to be getting worse rather than better.

I spend my days feeling down, scared, worried about things going on my life. The problems, obstacles that I'm facing. I just think....why me? Why has it come to this?

Bottom line: I just need prayer. Not prayers for a miracle, but for God to give me strength. Strength to carry on bravely and deal with whatever the future holds. That's all.

I know I'm being very vague and non-specific about what's going on in my life, but I'd rather not go into details. Please don't ask. Just please pray for me. Believe me....I need prayer now more than ever. And I could go on, but I think now is a good time to stop writing. If you've read through all this, you probably have a good enough idea of how I'm feeling.

Please just pray for me.

Thank you all.

Dear Lord,

We ask that you would please be with our brother, GN, and that you would give him hope and a direction to go in that lets him know he is fulfilling his purpose and Your will.

Please lead him step-by-step, day-by-day, and even minute-by-minute when the burden seems too great.

Just as when the prophet Elijah told you he was ready to give up, You strengthened him and provided what he needed to complete the rest of his journey... In this same way, Lord, we ask that you would encourage, lift up, and strengthen Going to keep walking on the path you've set for him, and please allow him to see a hope and a future past his current challenges.

In Jesus' name we pray,

Amen.

Praying for you, Going.

Please keep us posted. And feel free to share if you are wanting to. Blessings to you!

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
@Going_Nowhere ...I want you to know that right now at this moment I am praying for you 😇 and will be praying for you... ❤

24T

Oct 31, 2017
Hi Going, I just wanted to let you know that people are seeing this, and that it is important. Of course, Jesus sees all, knows all, and cares about what you are going through at this very moment. Don't worry about disclosing everything, as we are trusting God to move and help with whatever is going on in your life. You are important to God. Remembering you in prayer today and in days to come.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Your words have been heard, and I pray you find hope and some encouragement within here.
Whatever the issue, in some way it must be dealt with, no matter who, or what is involved.
I learned long time ago, God's help comes upon myself, willing to change and earnestly strive to
act upon and apply God's 'principles' of life...believe it, it works so long as I persevere on a daily basis,
to the best of my understanding and desire to do so.
Also, I learned that at one of my worst and most fearful experiences, I had a profound spiritual 'awakening',
that forever changed my life. It does happen, believe it.
I pray you stay strong and face what is before you with hope, and to know, whatever it may be, shall
pass with probably, an unknown outcome. The Holy Spirit, I pray to be of a guiding light upon your life."
'Amen'
Thank you Lord, of these words to be heard."

man-praying - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Prayers lifted up for you brother...
...xox...

Mar 4, 2020

Please just pray for me.

Thank you all.
Sometimes it just about the testing of our faith. Like you said, sometimes it's darkest before the dawn. Be faithful during this time. Praying for you.

stepbystep

Aug 31, 2020
Amen! I will be blessed to pray for you Brother. Your comment makes me think of that old quote "these are the times that try mens souls...." I know how hard it can be to simply "hold fast" to our faith during times that the deceiver is attacking us. Especially if he seems to be winning at every turn. Yet, I know and am persuaded that times such as these are only temporary, for Jesus has promised that He will NEVER forsake us. The hardest part is to accept that His time is not the same as our time. And, while we are wondering "are You ever gonna step in here Lord and lift me up?" He will when He wills!

Praying for you

Dec 30, 2020
Hi, GN. I will definitely pray that God will lift your spirit up. Just a loving reminder :
1 John 2: 15-17 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world, If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust of it; but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever.

Simply put: The life that we live now is short and we should live with God as the top priority over anything that happens. As long as you are driven with love in your heart and the desire to do God's will, hating your sins when you mess up and asking God for strength to overcome, then you are doing God's will.

The degree of emphasis that you put on a worldly situation and the hurt that might come with it can be lessened when you consider that God is in total control and loves us. God wants to use us , strengthens us , and helps us to grow when we overcome the trials we face by turning to him for help and perseverance. From readng your post I believe you are on the right track.

EternalFire

Jan 3, 2019

Please just pray for me.

Thank you all.
The Psalms seem to perfectly address these types of feelings and situations.

Psalm 25:16-18
Turn to me and be gracious to me,
for I am lonely and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged;
bring me out of my distresses.
Consider my affliction and my trouble,
and forgive all my sins.

Dec 30, 2020
1 Peter 1:6-9 In this ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold trials, That the trial of your faith, being more precious than that of gold that perisheth , though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honor and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.
Whom, having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see Him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory,
Receiving the end of your faith, even( that is) the salvation of your souls.

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
Maybe things will get worse before they get better. Or that's what I tell myself so that I can find some solace in this low point of my life.

I don't really have good days though. I have days when I feel kind of low. And then I have days when I feel REALLY low.

But despite my uneasy feelings, I'm trying to put my faith and trust in God, hoping that He'll bring me through this somehow.

Maybe this is a test. Like how the Almighty tested Abraham and Job. Maybe I just have to have faith. And see what happens.

Dec 30, 2020
Maybe things will get worse before they get better. Or that's what I tell myself so that I can find some solace in this low point of my life.

I don't really have good days though. I have days when I feel kind of low. And then I have days when I feel REALLY low.

But despite my uneasy feelings, I'm trying to put my faith and trust in God, hoping that He'll bring me through this somehow.

Maybe this is a test. Like how the Almighty tested Abraham and Job. Maybe I just have to have faith. And see what happens.
Do you know why you are feeling so low? Have you devised a plan to overcome? Have you confided or sought advise from family, other Christians, or friends? Chances are your struggles are not unique and many on Christian Chat have gone through the same. You are on the right track when you pray to God and ask for help, but you also have to be active in figuring and finding a solution to why you feel so low. You can't languish in your misery. Lift yourself up by doing good deeds.

EternalFire

Jan 3, 2019

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).

Shandy

Sep 12, 2020

Please just pray for me.

Thank you all.
Dear Brother I feel your pain so much

I have been in so many dark places and cried out to God but felt He was a million miles away. We know it isn"t true though. The Lord has promised He will be with us even unto the end of the world. He will carry you through this. Touch the end of His garment and don't let go.
I'm prayimg for you. God Bless you and show you the way out.

CS1

May 23, 2012

Please just pray for me.

Thank you all.
Heavenly Father,

I come to you in thename of Jesus.

Lord the Holy Spirit has drawn my attention to this prayer request. Lord I ask you to comfort this this person right now.

Lord Jesus , you said you would never leave us nor forsake us and you do not lie. Right now Lord let faith raise up in this person, and give strength. We rebule the devil and ask you Lord to remove all attacks of the enemy. You Love this person and They are going somewhere, because you are with them. Lead this person Lord I pray . in Jesus name , amen.