Jacob The Heel Catcher - Spiritual Adultery

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “The Next Best Thing”

The next “best thing” in your life will often come as the result of the latest “worst thing” you have ever experienced. While it is tremendously difficult to come to appreciate trials, we must come to understand that they have a profitable purpose for the believer. A trial can help produce the ability to remain faithful in difficult circumstances. The believer learns that despite the confusion of the moment, God always has events under control. Trials may be an issue we never saw coming, or the event we ran into as we marched around the corner, that heartache we never willfully caused or knowingly set in motion. We must learn to rejoice in the knowledge that God will bring something great out of the current negativity. Trials can be helpful to the growth of the Saint, especially when they “squeeze out” of us, self-sufficiency, self-interest, self-gratification, and other distracting tendencies of the flesh. In the heat of our anger and in the horror of our hurt, we must look to the author and finisher of our faith. Rest assured that what Jesus starts, Jesus will finish. He only asks that we trust Him until the night passes and the Daystar arises new in our hearts. And it will!

Romans 5:2-3 - By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. (3) And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016
Proverbs 23:1
When thou sittest to eat with a ruler, consider diligently what is before thee:

This proverb focuses on being able to discern properly the reality of where we are, who we are in the company of, and what might be the wrong intention of others. We are told that those who are spiritual among us will judge all things (1 Corinthians 2:15). This word judge doesn’t refer to condemning someone, but rather to judge righteous judgment as Jesus taught us to do (John 7:24). This judgement will always be according to God’s Word in its liberating context which is the work of Christ on the cross.
Eating with a ruler will require discernment on our part as to why he actually has us there eating with him, and our looking and waiting on the open door to present to him the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Seeking God in His Word and experiencing Him through faith in the sacrifice of Christ!
Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Your Word for Today

“and, behold, one came and said unto Him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And He said unto him, Why do you call Me good? There is none good but One, that is, God: but if you will enter into life, keep the Commandments (Mat. 19:16-17).

Why did Jesus tell this rich young ruler to keep the Commandments, when He knew it couldn’t be done?

Putting together the facts from the three Evangelists, this man was young, noble, wealthy, strong, courteous, educated, and religious. Most men would esteem him to be perfectly happy; however, despite all of his claims of keeping the Law, he was conscious that he had no “life.” He desired to get it, and he asked what he should do.

Christ answered him in the way He did for two reasons:

First of all, Christ, as a Minister unto the Circumcision under the First Covenant, replied that a perfect obedience to the Law would be rewarded with everlasting life.

Second, the Lord would draw him out, thereby proving the foolishness of his claims.

The young nobleman affirmed that he had rendered perfect obedience. But yet, something was lacking. Spiritually, the young man was blind.

As to the requirement to keep the Commandments, his ridiculous answer was, “Which?”

Jesus was patient with him and named several Commandments, when, in reality, they all had to be kept, and kept all the time, if life was to derived from that source, which, of course, was impossible!

Jesus then hit at the heart of the young man’s problem, which was money. The Lord told him to sell all he had, “And come and follow Me.”

The Scripture is clear. “He went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions” (Mat. 19:22).

Overhearing the exchange, the Disciples were astonished that it should be impossible for a highly moral man, such as this ruler, to go into the Kingdom. They did not understand that there is no good in man; and they quite forgot the declaration of Psalm 14.

Entrance into the Kingdom of God by man, as man, however cultivated and moral, is here declared by the Infallible Judge to be impossible. It is quite impossible for a man to change his color or a leopard, his spots, because that which he exhibits externally is in his nature. But God can do it, for with Him all things are possible. What then cannot be obtained by merit may be received by gift; for the Gift of God is eternal life (Rom. 6:23).

The condition of man, even moral man, is the reason for the Cross!”

—Donnie Swaggart (taken from the “Word for Every Day”)
Donnie Swaggart

May 1, 2019
Wow! Lot of great words, BUT her is an important point:

1Co 13:1-3 KJV Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. (2) And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. (3) And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Seriously, start here. Slow down, talk to people one on one. Answer questions, be patient. Don't try to bowl us over with sermons!

May 1, 2019
Well, I hope you mean well, but this is a "Bible Discussion Forum". You have not met the intent and purpose of this catagory.

If you want to learn then listen to these words;

Do not use what you perceive as truth and what may be truth as a tool to bludgeon people. People do not want to be assaulted with a canned sermon. Try if you can to start up conversations/discussions with us and then go scour your database archives of JSM info and bring forward a reply that is edifying. 1 Cor 14:12. It doesn't matter if you can't spell well or form good sentences. If you are self conscious about that, don't let that pride stand in the way of sharing your thoughts. Yeah, you might get a rebuttal, but that is how we learn here!

I don't want a thumbs down from you...say something, write something!

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Theology vs Faith”

What men know about God is expressed in the term theology. The definition of theology is simply the study of God. The best source to learn about God is the Bible, the vehicle through which God has chosen to reveal Himself. We should dedicate much of our thinking to the content of the Word. It discloses to us the nature and workings of God. We should study intently God's redemption plan and learn what it provides for those who will believe. While the study of a subject produces the groundwork for faith, it is the application of that subject that truly profits the believer. Knowledge in itself has the ability to “puff up” those who learn. However, it is the trial or the test that God furnishes for us that will cement truth into the heart. If we read and acknowledge that God can supply our each and every need, God just might place us in a situation where only He can meet our need. As we hold to His Word and we watch God supply what He promised, the theology in the head becomes the everlasting reality of the heart. Until we have learned to hold to the Cross in the midst of the battle our faith is nothing but untested theology."

Hebrews 10:22 - Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016
Proverbs 23:2
And put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite.

When the Christian is invited to sit and eat with a ruler, discernment will be required so that we will not be pulled into something through the spread that is laid out before us. The delicacies could be used to deceive and bring us into a place of deceit. We must guard our hearts at all times for out of it will come the issues of our lives (Proverbs 4:23). The phrase, “to put a knife to our throat” doesn’t mean to kill ourselves, but rather to eat as if the knife were at our throat, which means very cautiously while discerning the reason why we are there in the first place. Only those who fight to maintain their faith in the work of Christ at the cross will have the wisdom of the Holy Spirit and discernment in these situations.

Seeking God in His Word and experiencing Him through faith in the sacrifice of Christ!

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Your Word for Today

“but woe unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the Kingdom of Heaven against men: for you neither go in yourselves, neither suffer you them who are entering to go in. You serpents, you generation of vipers, how can you escape the damnation of Hell? (Mat. 23:13, 33).

The Jesus of this Chapter is not the Jesus of the modern pulpit or the fashionable way, for this Jesus denounced eight “Woes” upon the Preachers of that day; in terrific language, He condemned them to the damnation of Hell.

The first twelve Verses are addressed to the Disciples and the multitude; the remainder, to the Scribes and Pharisees, who, in effect, were the religious leaders of Israel of that day.

The phrase, “Sit in Moses’ seat” (23:2), means that they were the official custodians and teachers of the Bible. But, actually, they shut up the Kingdom of Heaven, took away the key, i.e., the Bible, for they withheld it from the laity, and they nullified it with their own traditions.

Presently, the Bible is under attack as never before. It is not so much ridiculed as it is corrupted. Untold translations, so-called, are making their debut, which actually are no more than interpretations or paraphrases. As a result, many modern Believers, if you could call them that, little know what the Word of God actually says.

For those who pervert the Word of God, would appellatives, such as “serpents,” “hypocrites,” and “vipers,” be suitable?

The outburst of Verse Thirty-seven is extremely moving. The God of Israel stands in His Temple. He suddenly turns from these blind and impure hypocrites. The sinless anger that burns on His Face and in His Eyes melts into anguish and pity, as, it may be assumed, spreading out His Arms, He looks down upon the city spread before and beneath Him, and cries out, “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem. How often would I have gathered you!”

Then, once more addressing the Pharisees, He says, “Behold your House is left unto you desolate,” after which He goes out and departs from the Temple.

Men only saw a simple man leaving the Temple, but the Angels saw the God of Glory and the Glory of God forsaking it. The Glory of God dwelt in Solomon’s Temple; but, in the Second Temple, as predicted by Haggai, the God of Glory Himself!”

Donnie Swaggart

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Well, I hope you mean well, but this is a "Bible Discussion Forum". You have not met the intent and purpose of this catagory.

If you want to learn then listen to these words;

Do not use what you perceive as truth and what may be truth as a tool to bludgeon people. People do not want to be assaulted with a canned sermon. Try if you can to start up conversations/discussions with us and then go scour your database archives of JSM info and bring forward a reply that is edifying. 1 Cor 14:12. It doesn't matter if you can't spell well or form good sentences. If you are self conscious about that, don't let that pride stand in the way of sharing your thoughts. Yeah, you might get a rebuttal, but that is how we learn here!

I don't want a thumbs down from you...say something, write something!
Sadly, two "thumbs down" from MoTc should tell you all you need to know about him.

He is not interested in learning, discussing, or interacting. He is only here to be a mouthpiece for Jimmy Swaggart Ministries in some deeply misguided attempt to spread the "gospel" as Mr. Swaggart has reinterpreted it. I'd like to be wrong about him, but his feedback to you demonstrates otherwise.

May 1, 2019
Sadly, two "thumbs down" from MoTc should tell you all you need to know about him.

He is not interested in learning, discussing, or interacting. He is only here to be a mouthpiece for Jimmy Swaggart Ministries in some deeply misguided attempt to spread the "gospel" as Mr. Swaggart has reinterpreted it. I'd like to be wrong about him, but his feedback to you demonstrates otherwise.

Thank you. I tried. It is entirely possible that he is illiterate. Cut and paste and thumbs down are all he or she is comfortable with. Or it could be possible that they are under strict direction not to open their mouths, but to just regurgitate JSM words.

Happens too often, but I tried. Maybe someone some day will get through.

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Who God Uses”

God uses imperfect people because there is no other kind. Justification is the declaration of God extended to those who believe in Christ. Our simple faith placed in His Son causes God to apply a judicial verdict to our lives. He sees us as if we have never sinned. With the foundation of justification secure, God then begins the process of progressive sanctification. This is a life time undertaking. People who are justified and who are in the process of being changed are those whom God uses for His work. None are perfect! So if God could maintain relationship with a sneak like Jacob, a drunk like Noah, and a liar like Abraham; perhaps there is hope for me! If God could use a hater like Paul, an adulterer like David, and a failure like Peter; perhaps there is hope for me! Just think, God overcame the rebellion of Jonah, the doubt of Thomas, and the timidity of Timothy. So…If you think you went too far and can’t come home to Jesus, think again! God never encourages or condones wrong action or sin! But on the other hand, He never turns away from those who come to Him in honest heartfelt repentance. If you don’t quit - He won’t quit !

John 6:37 - All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016
Proverbs 23:3
Be not desirous of his dainties: for they are deceitful meat.

The phrase, “Be not desirous” means do not lust after the ruler’s delicacies, as he may be using them to draw the child of God into his deceit. If the child of God realized he was on a mission everyday and was being equipped for the work of the ministry during the worship services, he would be more discerning and aware of what could be going on. There are many who run around looking for a devil under every bush, but that is altogether different than having and using the wisdom of God in these situations. The only proper discernment comes through the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit through our faith in Christ’s sacrifice.

Jesus told Nicodemus that no one could enter or even see the Kingdom of God except he be born again (John 3:3-5), this proving the only eyesight comes through faith in the cross of Jesus Christ. Never think that just because you are a born again child of God that you cannot go blind, as Peter wrote that it is very possible (2 Peter 1:9). Trust the Lord at all times and acknowledge Him in all of your ways and He has promised to direct your path (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Your Word for Today

“and as He sat upon the Mount of Olives, the Disciples came unto Him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? And what shall be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the world? (Mat. 24:3).

Jesus, the God of Israel, having forsaken His House, it becomes morally leprous — as all become that He forsakes — and in harmony with Leviticus 14:45, He predicted that not one stone of it should be left upon another. He began His Ministry on a mountain, the Mount of Beatitudes, and closed it on another mountain, the Mount of Olives.

Christ offered the Kingdom to Israel, but He and it were refused. Consequently, even as He will say in this Twenty-fourth Chapter, this subjected the world to continued wars, famines, earthquakes, etc. — a continued time frame which has lasted now for nearly twenty centuries.

Most of this Chapter refers to Israel; however, the first fourteen Verses refer to the Church Age directly, and the Church, per se, indirectly. Three particulars stand out. They are:

1. “Deception”: “For many shall come in My Name, saying, I am (of) Christ; and shall deceive many.” Deception is one of Satan’s most powerful weapons. The answer to deception is a firm understanding of the Word of God, which translates into a firm understanding of Christ and the Cross.

2. “False prophets”: “And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.” If the Message is not “Jesus Christ and Him Crucified,” then the person must be labeled
a “false prophet.”

3. “The Gospel”: “And this Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; then shall the end come.” Despite the false apostles and the false ways, the prediction is that the Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached “unto all nations.” It does not say, “all people”; but it does say, “all nations.” We have personally aired Gospel programming by Television in approximately 35 nations, with the Message translated into their language, whatever that language might have been.

The phrase, “And then shall the end come,” plainly tells us that the Gospel of Jesus Christ being preached all over the world proclaims the fact that the Church Age is about over.

The Fifteenth Verse of the Twenty-fourth Chapter of Matthew signals the Great Tribulation. All of this means that the Church should be getting ready for the Rapture (I Thess. 4:13-18).”

Donnie Swaggart

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Recognizing True Love”

Much has been said about the need of the body of Christ to love. Love is certainly the ultimate evidence of Christ in the life of a believer. However, one should be very careful when it comes to the practice of identifying what actions of an individual actually display love. That is, the true love that is birthed of God compared with actions that are just an active labor of man, put on display for the purpose of impressing others. Not every act of kindness or gentle word is evidence of God's love in motion. At times, an empty shallow show of kindness is as far from the love of God as man can be. In contrast, a strong rebuke could very well be the love of God extended in the form of concern and care. Just saying you love somebody is not evidence that the selfless love of God is active in you. When we finally arrive at the place where someone else's over-all well-being is more important than our personal concerns. More important than our comfort, our reputation, our position, or the opinions of others, then perhaps the true agape love of God has been successfully birthed in us by the power of the Holy Spirit.

1 Thessalonians 3:12 And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you:

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016
Proverbs 23:4
Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom.

Very powerful Words of the Lord here revealing that those who labor to be rich are trusting in their own wisdom. Our own wisdom will work our fingers to the bone, forfeiting time with our families as we just can’t get enough. Some will work themselves into such debt that there will be no end of their labor until they can’t breathe any longer. No need to wait until your on your deathbed to admit that you should have trusted the Lord when you can begin today. Come back to the cross of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit will not only give you the direction and wisdom that you need, but also the power to walk in the direction of God’s Word.

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Your Word for Today

“and then shall appear the sign of the Son of Man in Heaven: and then shall all the Tribes of the Earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of Heaven with power and great glory (Mat. 24:30).

This speaks of the Second Coming, which will be the single most cataclysmic event in the annals of human history. The Coming of the Son of Man to deliver His ancient People will not be secret, but Worldwide. In fact, during the Great Tribulation, many false messiahs will arise, claiming to be the one which Israel desperately seeks.

At the beginning of the Great Tribulation, the Antichrist, the greatest of them all, will make his debut, with Israel announcing to the world that he is the Messiah. In fact, he will sign a seven-year treaty with Israel guaranteeing their protection. He also will enable them to rebuild their Temple.

But in the midst of the Great Tribulation, he will show his true colors and attack Israel, in which she will suffer her first defeat since again becoming a nation in 1948.

That’s what Paul was speaking of when he said, “For when they (Israel) shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction comes upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape” (I Thess. 5:3). Israel would then be destroyed, but events will draw away the Antichrist and he will leave Israel for another day — the Battle of Armageddon.

When all of these false messiahs come forth at that time, Jesus said, “Believe it not!” Then He said, “For as the lightning comes out of the east, and shines even unto the west; so shall the Coming of the Son of Man be” (Mat. 24:27). In other words, it will be obvious and on a Worldwide basis, with the entirety of the heavens putting on a display of glory such as it has never done before, because the King is coming home. There will be no doubt as to Who He is!

As stated, this is the Second Coming!”

Donnie Swaggart

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Proverbs 23:4
Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom.

Very powerful Words of the Lord here revealing that those who labor to be rich are trusting in their own wisdom. Our own wisdom will work our fingers to the bone, forfeiting time with our families as we just can’t get enough. Some will work themselves into such debt that there will be no end of their labor until they can’t breathe any longer. No need to wait until your on your deathbed to admit that you should have trusted the Lord when you can begin today. Come back to the cross of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit will not only give you the direction and wisdom that you need, but also the power to walk in the direction of God’s Word.

Pastor Curtis
I believe we should always remind others of the reserection along with the cross. Jesus to our sins upon his flesh and died for us at Calvary but let's never forget he triumphed over sin and death 3 days later at Golgotha. Luke 24:50-51 50When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed them. 51While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven.

He's comming back, SOON!