Jacob The Heel Catcher - Spiritual Adultery

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 3, 2016
Your Word for Today

"For we must all appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he has done, whether it be good or bad (II Cor. 5:10).

The Apostle is speaking here to Believers. All Believers must appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ, where our work — but not our sins, for they were eternally abolished at Calvary — will be tested; if found incorruptible, with “gold, silver, and precious stones” serving as examples (I Cor. 3:12), it will be declared “good,” but, if found to be corruptible, with “wood, hay, and stubble” serving as examples, it will be declared “worthless.”

The “work” or “works” of every single Believer who has ever lived will be judged first of all by the Lord Jesus Christ, Whose Judgment is Perfect, as would be understood. He will judge not only the action of our works, but also our motives, which are, in fact, the most important. For every individual, rewards will be given or withheld according to the perfect judgment of Christ.

More than anything else, however, Judgment by the Saviour is going to be based on the foundation of the Gospel, of which Paul was the Master builder, appointed such by the Holy Spirit (I Cor. 3:10-15). That “foundation” is the Cross of Christ, which was actually formulated in the Mind of God before the foundation of the world (I Pet. 1:18-20).

So if anything is built on that foundation of the Cross, it must be compatible with the Cross or else it’s unacceptable. On this basis, the greatest degree of judgment will be rendered — the standard of Faith regarding the Cross of Christ."

—Donnie Swaggart (taken from the “Word for Every Day”)
Donnie Swaggart

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “The Power of the Cross”

Because of Christ’s finished work on the Cross, it is easier for God to save and sanctify the believer than it is for Satan to stop it! Let faith arise and accept this statement as truth. Satan is greatly limited as to what he is able to do in the life of a believer. The book of Job teaches us that God's children have a hedge around about them and that Satan is unable to bridge that hedge unless God Himself grants him access. It is God’s plan to save mankind. It is God's will that every person who is saved be conformed into the image of Christ. God works to perform these goals and is usually hindered more by the believer than by any other source. Satan will try to move the believer’s mind into thought processes that aren't of God. If he is successful then the believer himself limits God’s work in his life. But if the believer will trust God and allow Him to work as He desires, there is no situation, failure, or tool of the enemy that is greater than God's grace. He sees the broken one and works to repair and restore. The believer can rest assured that help is on the way!

Matthew 12:20 - A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016
The Miracle of God’s Word

Proverbs 27:10
Thine own friend, and thy father's friend, forsake not; neither go into thy brother's house in the day of thy calamity: for better is a neighbour that is near than a brother far off.

As the previous verse reveals that a man's friend can bring him hearty counsel, which is that which is Godly counsel for his soul, and we see now that we should not forsake that friend or the friend of our Father. It is obviously better to have the help of a friend who has hearty counsel to offer who is close, rather than waiting to see a brother that is far off.

When we find ourselves in a time of calamity, which refers to bending down, ruin, and or destruction, we need help immediately, not tomorrow or the next day. God loves us and at all times we can call on Him. We can approach His throne through faith in the blood of Jesus Christ and obtain mercy and find grace in our time of need Hebrews 4:16). The need is to be restored, and He is faithful to remind us that He will restore our souls if we will allow Him to lead us in the paths of His Righteousness (Psalm 23:3).

Thank God that Jesus is a friend who is closer than a brother and is always present caring for our needs. Trust in His work at Calvary, and experience Him as the One who is mediating all the benefits of His death for you!!

Seeking God in His Word and experiencing Him through faith in the sacrifice of Christ!

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Your Word for Today

“Moreover, Brethren, we do you to witness of the Grace of God bestowed on the Churches of Macedonia; How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy in their deep poverty abounded to the riches of their liberality. For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves; Praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the Saints. And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the Will of God (II Cor. 8:1-5).

In Chapters Eight and Nine of II Corinthians, the Apostle Paul gives the greatest dissertation on giving found anywhere in the Word of God. Ironically, the Holy Spirit chose the poorest Churches to serve as examples — the Churches in Macedonia.

Some years before, because of some type of insurrection, the Roman army had gone through this area and denuded it, which greatly impoverished the area and the people. Of course, God’s People also were greatly affected in an adverse way. The Apostle Paul likened their situation to “deep poverty,” which means they were doing the best they could to keep the proverbial body and soul together.

The Apostle was taking up an offering among all the Churches, including the Churches of Macedonia, in order to help the Christian Jews in Jerusalem, who were being greatly persecuted for their stand for Christ. Thousands had lost their jobs, because they were excommunicated from the Synagogue immediately upon their acceptance of Christ, which meant they lost everything. The Apostle, therefore, receives an offering to hopefully alleviate somewhat the situation.

He had thought that possibly the people of the Churches of Macedonia could give a small amount, but, due to their “deep poverty,” they would not be able to do very much. But they gave far more than he could ever think of expecting, so much so that he didn’t even want to receive it. But they insisted that he do so.

That which prompted them to conduct themselves as they did was that they “first gave their own selves to the Lord”; then they gave themselves to “Paul by the Will of God.” In other words, they believed what the Apostle said about the need in Jerusalem, and they determined to do what they could, even beyond what it was believed they could do.

So the Holy Spirit uses these Churches, the poorest possibly in the Roman Empire of that day, to serve as an example. If they could do what they did, well then others could do even much more.

“But this I say, he who sows sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he who sows bountifully shall reap also bountifully” (II Cor. 9:6).

I believe Paul had in mind the Churches of Macedonia when he wrote this Verse. Every evidence is that the Lord saw to it that the people in the Churches in Macedonia who had sowed bountifully now would reap bountifully. How the Lord did it, the Apostle didn’t say.

Paul said we should give to “prove the sincerity of our love” (II Cor. 8:8). If we say we love the Lord, we will give to support His Work. It’s just that simple! The opportunity and privilege of giving to the Work of the Lord is a privilege indeed! Truly, one cannot out-give God. Every true Christian will give liberally to the Work of the Lord.

In the entire two Chapters of this dissertation, the Holy Spirit through the Apostle did not mention tithing one single time.

Why not?

These two Chapters present the idea that the Believer not be hidebound by ten percent. The Bible definitely teaches that ten percent should serve as a base or foundation of our giving; still, the Holy Spirit wants us to know that everything we Believers have, which, incidentally, has been given to us by the Lord, belongs, in turn, to the Lord. We are to be at His beck and call! The Lord may want some to give ten percent, and He may want far more than that from others. And He no doubt does!

So if tithing had been addressed, many Christians would have missed the whole point of the dissertation. We are to be led by the Holy Spirit in our giving, and the Holy Spirit will never lead us wrong.

I like what one of my Evangelist friends said. Some Christians had remarked to him that the Lord had never spoken to them about anything. He replied, “Just ask the Lord what He wants you to give to His Work. You’ll find out that He’ll speak to you instantly.” My friend is right!

If we truly love the Lord, we are going to be very generous with our giving to Him, always realizing that the Lord is the One Who has sent every Blessing that has come our way. We are not our own, we have been bought with a price.

In closing, it is imperative that we know where our money goes and what it does. It’s not enough to just give. Believers are to be good stewards, understanding that what we give will turn into souls. Sadly, most giving to what purports to be the Work of the Lord is anything but. Too much of it goes to line the Preacher’s pockets, or else is wasted on frivolous projects that have nothing to do with the true Work of God.

The Believer should not only ask the Lord how much to give, but also to whom it should be given! Both are equally important!

Donnie Swaggart

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I don't believe that anyone is interested or reading this thread. This will be my last entry.
I myself am quite confused as to the purpose. Comes across as robotic and unrelatable. I attempted wading through some of it, and then scrolled through to see if anyone else had posted about a month ago.

A lot of this stuff I neither agree nor disagree, which for me is troubling. Possibly it has merit but wading through this much text...it seems like a distraction.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I myself am quite confused as to the purpose. Comes across as robotic and unrelatable. I attempted wading through some of it, and then scrolled through to see if anyone else had posted about a month ago.

A lot of this stuff I neither agree nor disagree, which for me is troubling. Possibly it has merit but wading through this much text...it seems like a distraction.
Another thing is that all of this member's posts are just cut-n-paste from Jimmy Swaggart Ministry's. Very little contribution written in the member's own words. I'm surmising that nobody bothers to read this stuff anymore. I am here for interaction fellowship and that entails getting to know a member through their posts. I'm not going to bother to fellowship with a robot.

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Put Off the Old Life”

Much of the Christian process of sanctification has to do with “putting off” our old lifestyle. To “put off” something means to lay it aside like a garment you no longer desire to wear. It does not indicate the need for a struggle, or even a battle. It would be wrong to think that the believer has the ability in and of himself to change his character, habits, way of reacting, or any other action. Sin is and always shall be greater than the willpower of man. There is only one thing greater than sin and that is the activity of God’s grace moving upon the heart and mind of the new creation man. Grace is always released from heaven as a result of properly placed faith. Our faith must be placed in Christ and His finished work. So the ability to put sin off, to lay it aside, to remove oneself of old ways of thinking and living, can only come through the agency of the grace of God. As the believer continually trusts in the fact that Christ’s sacrifice on Calvary has defeated every aspect of sin, the grace of God continually enables us to “put off “our former lifestyle. All by grace through faith!

Colossians 3:8 - But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Proverbs 27:11
My son, be wise, and make my heart glad, that I may answer him that reproacheth me.

Jesus teaches us that wisdom is justified of her children (Matthew 11:19). This means that those who walk in wisdom justify the One from where their wisdom comes. All the treasures of God’s wisdom are found only “In Christ” (Colossians 2:2-3). When our faith is in Christ and His sacrificial work for us, God is pleased (Galatians 2:20, Hebrews 11:6), and the uprightness of His name is being manifest (Psalm 23:3, Psalm 92:12-15).

The Lord rejoices over those who are His, even with singing (Zephaniah 3:17), as His heart is glad toward ALL those who are In His Son Jesus Christ! The Lord tells us through the wisdom in Proverbs that the Way of Life to the wise is above that they may depart from the hell that is beneath (Proverbs 15:24). As the children of God we are told NOT to walk as fools, which by the way means that we can if we refuse to fight to maintain our faith in the cross of Christ (Ephesians 5:15). The blood is still enough!

Seeking God in His Word and experiencing Him through faith in the sacrifice of Christ!

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Your Word for Today

“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the Knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience to Christ (II Cor. 10:3-5).

Paul deals here with spiritual warfare, which every Believer must engage more or less.

In the last few years, I have observed all type of ridiculous proposals regarding “spiritual warfare.” Without enumerating them, every last one was of the flesh and, therefore, useless as it regards the situation.

I remember, some years ago, watching a particular Preacher over Television, whom the Lord definitely was using; however, he knew absolutely nothing about the Cross and precious little about the Holy Spirit, at least as it regards spiritual warfare.

Without going into any detail, his claim to victory was being militant against the Devil, which meant screaming at him and conjuring up all type of physical contortions.

Observing that situation, I remember telling one of my associates that our dear brother was in for some hard days. Tragically and regrettably, that’s exactly what happened. He lost his family, his Ministry, perhaps for many reasons, but the major reason was that he was trying to live this life, even as the majority of the modern Church, in all the wrong ways.

What are the “weapons of our warfare”?

First of all, Paul says they aren’t “carnal,” which means they aren’t anything we think up; irrespective as to how religious it might be, the Lord judges such as being “carnal,” which means unacceptable. This takes in the “family curse” theme, “generational curses,” “Purpose Driven Life” doctrine, “Government of Twelve” teaching, “the confession principle,” “Denominationalism,” etc. All of these things are “carnal,” meaning that they were conjured up out of people’s minds, or were generated by “angels of light” (II Cor. 11:13-15).

The weapons of our warfare are Faith in Christ and what He did for us at the Cross, and that exclusively. Of course, that includes the Word of God, which proclaims the Cross as the means by which the Holy Spirit carries out His Work (Rom. 6:1-14; 8:1-2, 11). Once our faith is properly placed in the Finished Work of Christ, the Holy Spirit, Who Alone can carry forth this conflict to total victory, will then work mightily on our behalf. All that is required of us is Faith, but Faith in the proper Object, which must be ever the Cross of Christ (I Cor. 1:17-18; 2:2).

This which I have just stipulated is “mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds,” which is God’s Way. To be sure, the Evil One will try to erect spiritual strongholds of evil in our lives, designed to destroy us, and he succeeds with many Christians. But if we function according to the Word of God, total victory will be ours.“

Donnie Swaggart

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Count It All Joy”

The trials that we face as believers are never enjoyable. They are often times designed to reveal to us some aspect of our Christian life that needs to be adjusted. Perhaps we have need of patience, so God places us in a position where we must wait. Perhaps we have need of developing a sensitivity to the needs of others. So God places us in a situation where we are the only solution for somebody else's problem. We are made uncomfortable, unsure, unsatisfied, and we certainly will not enjoy the “many-colored” situation we have just encountered. However, the scripture commands us to approach these situations with joy! Not because the circumstances we find ourselves in brings joy to our heart; far from it! But we can rejoice in knowing that God is changing something that needs to be changed about our character, our heart, our way of thinking, or our way of doing things. And when this simple trip to the reality of our need has accomplished God’s goal and is completed, God will have taken one more step towards conforming us into the image of Christ. This is why I can count my current trial as a joy! God is doing something internal for the benefit of my eternity!

James 1:2 - My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Proverbs 27:12
A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself; but the simple pass on, and are punished.

Prudent means to be subtle and cunning, but not in a bad way, but rather with eyes the Holy Spirit gives the believer, when He looks through the blood of Jesus Christ (John 3:3-5, 2 Peter 1:9). Anyone can discern between right and wrong (Romans 2:14-15) because ALL have a conscience, but only those who have their faith in the cross of Jesus Christ have the wisdom to discern the coming evil and to remain hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3).

Everything the child of God is offered by God, he is offered through faith in Christ, and one of the great blessings for the child of God is to be able to foresee the evil that would carry them away, and to know that Christ and His cross has provided their hiding place!!

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Your Word for Today

“But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he who comes preaches another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if you receive another spirit, which you have not received, or another gospel, which you have not accepted, you might well bear with him (II Cor. 11:3-4).

The Gospel of Christ, i.e., “the Message of the Cross,” is very simple and easy to understand. In fact, a little child can understand it. It is “Jesus Christ and Him Crucified,” and our Faith in that Finished Work. But Satan seeks to pervert the Gospel by introducing his wares, which he always does through the Church. In other words, religious men come up with all types of attractive schemes, which seem right to the carnal mind, but which, in fact, are very wrong. They are wrong because they do not make Christ and the Cross the central theme of their belief system.

The problem in Paul’s day, i.e., the method Satan was using, concerned Jewish Preachers from Jerusalem or Judaea who claimed Christ as the Messiah, but who also claimed that the Gentiles had to also keep the Law of Moses, that is, if they were to be saved (Acts 15:1).

Their gospel would not win souls, as no false gospel will win souls, so they had to parasite off the Churches which Paul had planted. They tried to turn these converts, whether in the Church at Corinth, Ephesus, or Galatia, etc. They wanted to turn them from Grace to Law.

So Paul’s statement is according to the following:

Unless the Message is “Jesus Christ and Him Crucified,” then whatever is being preached is, pure and simple, “another Jesus.” It is produced by “another spirit”; the end result is “another gospel,” which will help no one. In fact, it will greatly hurt and hinder, as should be obvious.

Tragically and sadly, most of that which is presently being preached in the Churches in America, in fact, all over the world, is “another Jesus.” I say that simply because I also know that the Cross is little preached. It is alluded to at times regarding Salvation, and there are certainly some who strongly uphold the great Salvation Message that “Jesus died for us.” But most know absolutely nothing about the Cross of Christ as it regards Sanctification. In other words, to tell someone how to live for God, they will propose things which aren’t Scriptural, and which fall out to “another Jesus.”

That’s the reason the Apostle said that we must “examine ourselves, whether we be in the Faith” (II Cor. 13:5).“

Donnie Swaggart

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “The Best Thing”

What is the best thing that has ever happened to you? What event in your life means more to you than any other? What situation really turned your life around for the better? What situation did you enter into that, even to this hour, puts a smile on your face or a tear in your eye when you take the time to consider it? Was it the day you met your future spouse? Was it the moment you knew you had found your purpose in life? The time when the “perfect job” became yours? While some people may place these exhilarating events at the top of the list, I have to say that the most important day of my life and the happiest day of my life was the day I surrendered my heart to Jesus Christ. Instantly things began to change for the better. It has not always been easy. It has not always been simple. The path has not always been clear and the road at times has been rocky. But after all this time I can honestly say I would not trade one moment of my relationship with Jesus for any other event I have ever experienced. My relationship with Him is the greatest thing I have ever known! Do you know Him?

1 John 5:12 - He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Proverbs 27:13
Take his garment that is surety for a stranger, and take a pledge of him for a strange woman.

We are told to take one’s garment for collateral when one is indebted to us, and to take a pledge of him when he borrows for a wayward woman.

These are the things men do due to trust issues, but I’m so thankful that our Jesus can be trusted in every situation and at all times. The only thing He requires is our faith, and when we place our faith in His sacrificial work at the cross, He clothes us with His robe of righteousness. It is His faithfulness and His righteousness that we are trusting in!

Pastor Curtis