Jacob The Heel Catcher - Spiritual Adultery

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 3, 2016
The Miracle of God’s Word

Galatians 6:6
Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.

If we are learning the Truth of God’s Word, which is the Word of The Cross of Christ throughout The Bible, we should communicate with those who are teaching us. The word communicate refers to becoming partakers with, being in fellowship with, and to begin to distribute alongside the Minister teaching the Word of God’s power (Hebrews 1:3). “Unto him” refers to being a blessing to the very Pastor we are planted within the local Church. Not where mom and dad went to Church, not where my friends go to Church, but where the Truth of the Cross of Christ is being ministered and the people are full of the Holy Spirit. The New Covenant Church!

The next verse of Scripture reveals that God will not be mocked, but that every man will reap that which he has sown. Why did Paul bring this up at this point? The reality of this is that God cannot be mocked, but when we run from what we know He is attempting to lead us in, we will reap far worse things sooner or later from that rebellion. We sweeten it with words of our own wisdom, but rebellion it remains to be. The overall context of the letter to the Galatians is concerning their departure from the message of The Cross of Christ to a focus on themselves, which is what we are sowing to when we are trusting in anything other than what Christ did for us on the Cross! I’m sure most then did not heed the Lord’s reach through the Apostle, but the main question today is, “Will you?”

Seeking God in His Word and experiencing Him through faith in the sacrifice of Christ!

SHARE the Gospel of Jesus Christ on Social media!
Youtube: curtishutchinson316
10/11/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “When Only God Will Do!” October 12

In the life of the believer, it is necessary to understand that God desires to do far more for His people than we realize. Far too often we take on the simple tasks of life as if we have the capacity to foresee all the nuances in every situation. We are often confronted with things that range far beyond our grasp of comprehension, even when it involves some of the most elementary tasks in life. God desires to be involved in all that we do and all that we encounter. The believer must begin to develop a sensitivity to the inner presence and voice of God that abides within the heart of every true Christian. God wants us to lose our stubborn self-sufficiency and become dependent upon His guidance and leading for every daily decision. He is aware of the immediate dangers and the future pitfalls that lie hidden from our ability to see, just around the corner of life. We must come to grasp the simple truth that in every choice we make, it would be far better for us if we were to approach it with a consistent attitude that declared, only the mind of God will do!

John 8:29 - And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Galatians 6:7
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Again, never leave the context of what you are reading in Scripture. Here we are seeing the Galatians encouraged through being warned that God cannot be mocked. The word mocked refers to the nose being turned up at and sneering at, or to make mouths at. Here the Apostle Paul lets the Galatians know that whatever they think they are doing toward God, they themselves will reap what they are sowing, not God. We desperately need to know that whatever we are sowing in any capacity, we will reap the reward, and here Paul is referring to sowing to the flesh or the Spirit (v. 😎.

When anyone opposes God, whether it’s a lost person or a Child of God, they are also opposing themselves (2 Timothy 2:24-26), and the only avenue of repentance is to acknowledge the Truth. When we are not acknowledging and trusting in the Truth, which is Christ (John 14:6), and His work at the Cross (John 8:32, Romans 6:3, 14, Galatians 2:20), we are sowing to the flesh, even if we have some outer form of godliness, nevertheless we are denying the power (1 Corinthians 1:18, 2 Timothy 3:5). The Lord is just as faithful to see we reap the blessings of true biblical faith in Christ and His Redemptive plan as He is to see that we reap corruption to the flesh when we are opposing Him (2 Timothy 2:12). Let us be found again today denying ourselves, taking up our Cross and following our faithful Master, for we are either denying ourselves through faith in the Cross, or we are denying Him!

Seeking God in His Word and experiencing Him through faith in the sacrifice of Christ!

10/12/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Goin’ Home!” October 13

Jesus told His disciples that He was going away. But He also informed them that His leaving had a tremendous purpose. He stated that He was going back to heaven to prepare a place for all of His disciples. This world that we live in is not all that we have to look forward to. For each and every believer, Christ has already designed, built, and furnished a home in the heavens, specifically designed for each individual. I am sure that His chosen design is something that everyone present will enjoy. I am not a betting man, but I would even wager that every single place He builds is a unique, one-of-a-kind construction; furnished with things the mind simply cannot conceive of. The neighborhood is going to be pretty good too! No crime, no hate, no riots, no politics, no false religion, and no unbelievers. Finally, I will be somewhere where everybody wants to be and would never dream of leaving. He said He has gone away to get that special place ready for us. And if it is true that He went to do that, then it is also true that He is coming back. Where He is, I will forever be. Come quickly, Lord Jesus!

John 14:2-3 - In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. (3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Galatians 6:8
For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Sowing to the flesh is simply to trust in anything other than that which Christ provided everyone through His death on the Cross. Everything God offers humanity, He has offered through what He sent His Son to accomplish on the Cross for all. When Adam and Eve sinned, God rushed into the Garden of Eden to preach to them the Message of The Cross in type and shadow, but nevertheless this is surely what He preached to them. He not only preached this message unto them, but then He showed them actually how it would come to pass, which was through an innocent sacrifice (Genesis 3).

Sowing to the Spirit is explained in this very letter to the Galatians (Galatians 3:1-3), which was exactly what they had turned away from. Sowing to the Spirit is FOLLOWING AFTER the Spirit. To follow after the Spirit is to believe the Truth the Spirit of Truth is revealing to us (John 16:13) as He teaches us God’s Words of Truth in their RIGHTEOUS context (Proverbs 8:8, 12:17, Romans 1:16-17). He will only point to the One who is Truth, and what He did at the Cross so we can daily experience Him as our Truth. Following the leading of the Holy Spirit is going from Faith to Faith, which cannot be done outside of the RIGHTEOUSNESS of God being revealed in the Gospel to us (Romans 1:16-18), for there alone is the Life of Christ laid hold on, and we are FOUND living by faith!

10/13/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “The Burden Bearer” October 14

There are times in life where the situations we face are just too difficult to bear. The load feels so much greater than our ability to carry it. Our hearts are discouraged, our minds are confused, and our willpower is all played out. It is in times like these, when the burden is more than we can bear, that a real friend shows their true colors. They know that they cannot eliminate this burden that we are facing. They realize that the suffering we are enduring is something they cannot change. They do what they can do to make the crushing load a little lighter. They come alongside and love us, speaking an encouraging word to us. They might hold our hands or just give a silent hug and a warm smile. Perhaps they take on some of our responsibilities, just to allow us the chance to catch our breath. These are the burden bearers that make life bearable when we are too beaten down to carry on. Like Simon who helped carried the Cross of our Lord, they enable us to complete our journey. They cannot change the facts that surround us, but they do give us the temporary strength by which we may finish our course. Are you a burden bearer?

Galatians 6:2 - Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Galatians 6:9
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Sowing to the Spirit, which is maintaining one’s faith in the Cross of Christ, is the only avenue of not becoming weary, but rather enduring in well doing to the very end of this great race of victory the Lord has set before us (Hebrews 12:1). The context of this letter is to point the Galatians back to a commitment to the Way of the Cross of Jesus Christ, the very place they began in the Spirit (Galatians 3:3) through faith in His work on the Cross. The only avenue for denial of self is the Way of the Cross, for it is where self was put to death and remains dead. It is only as we continue to daily consider the One who endured the contradiction/hostility of sinners that we will not grow weary and faint in our minds (Hebrews 12:3).

The answer for everything you have been looking for from the Lord will only be found through faith in Christ and His work at the Cross. Imagine the millions upon millions who have been saved by the blood of Jesus, but later turned away from faith in the Cross unto fables, the works of their own hands and all the other ways which we sow to the flesh instead of simply believing in the Cross of Jesus Christ, which is sowing to the Spirit. The Church for the most part has no clue of this which you are reading, and the sad thing is, they are not interested in it. You can come back to the Cross today, which is God’s EXCLUSIVE WAY of sowing to the Spirit!

10/14/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Stay True” October 15

Everywhere we turn today it seems as if someone is telling us about a product or an event that will “change our lives.” If we will just invest a little money in this or in that, our lives will be made so much better! Take this once a day! Put this in your kitchen! You need one of these in your bathroom! No bedroom is complete without this! The promises come swift and sure guaranteeing wholeness, wealth, and satisfaction. I have found that the only thing that is truly of value are the truths found in God's Word. Day by day I search through the passages of scripture as God's Spirit ministers to the need of my heart. It is not always easy to find the answers that I need. But I know if my heart is right and if I stay in tune with the Holy Spirit, I will be sure to find my way through this “maze” we call life. Do not be fooled by the empty promises that are bantered about constantly. These cannot deliver what they promise. However, I have found the true prescription for spiritual and temporal success. Keep your nose in the book and your heart in the heavens.

Romans 8:14 - For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016

Galatians 6:10
As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

The Child of God who is FOLLOWING AFTER the Spirit of God will be LOOKING for the opportunity to do good unto ALL men, but mostly to those of the household of faith. Which household of faith are you planted in? Paul has encouraged the Church not to faint and grow weary of well doing, but rather to keep looking unto Jesus because He flows in and through each of His Children who are bearing each other’s burdens in the faith.

We need to be doing good unto all while we have the opportunity. There will come a day that all opportunities will be cut off and our time to FOLLOW Christ, and to lay up treasures will have come to an end on this earth. Let us today be found looking unto the Cross of Jesus Christ so that we can EXPERIENCE the true move of God and His will for our lives and for others through us! Even the world at times does that which appears to be good among themselves, but it is the Lord who is working in US both to will and to do of His good pleasure, therefore let us fight to keep our faith in His Redemptive plan so that our assurance can be of the Holy Spirit!

10/15/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “Speak to that Mountain!” October 16

The believer should not be afraid to say what he or she believes. There is a principle of scripture that proclaims the truth that a believer should declare what He believes to be the will of God. When faith is properly placed in Christ and what He has done for us at Calvary, covenant promises lie waiting to be claimed. The confession principle is proper and spiritually helpful for the kingdom of God, when the Christian is faithful to maintain the practice of self-denial and the object of their faith remains in the Cross of Christ. Salvation does not make man a “little god.” Salvation causes the believer to become a child of God who is always to be subservient to the Father. As God reveals the truths of covenant provision to us, we as believers are called upon to claim them. Our speech does not provide the provision, the Cross did that. Instead, our proclamation is an exhibition of our faith in what God has provided for us through Christ at Calvary. Do not let the abuse of the confession principle that now exists in the body of Christ, stop you from understanding or participating in saying, claiming, even prophesying what you are daring to believe that God has prepared for you.

Mark 11:23 - For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries

Sep 3, 2016
When one’s faith is not in the Blood of Christ, their faith is not really in God’s Word at all, for it is only the Blood of the covenant that concerns ALL OF GOD’s WORDS!

Exodus 24:7-8

7 And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the Lord hath said will we do, and be obedient.

8 And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, BEHOLD THE BLOOD of the covenant, which the Lord hath made with you CONCERNING ALL THESE WORDS.

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016

Galatians 6:11
Ye see how large a letter I have written unto you with mine own hand.

Not only is Galatians a long letter, but Paul wrote it himself in his own hand instead of a scribe writing for him. More than likely this was because toward the end of Paul’s ministry, instead of having a large following, with huge congregations, all those in Asia (The seven Churches) had turned away from him (2 Timothy 1:15), along with many others. The true ministries of Redemption who, like the Apostle Paul, become determined to know nothing other than Christ and Him crucified, will experience the same. The message of the Cross will NEVER be the most popular message or that which the most of God’s people will gather to hear, but it is the witness and the power of God!

The message of the Cross saves the sinner and also this same message, if the Scriptures are believed and learned without replacing the object of our faith (The Cross), will teach the Saint HOW to live in victory over the Sin Nature. There is a Sin Nature, a Devil, a Flesh, Principalities, Powers and Wickedness in high places. Nothing has been removed, but through FAITH IN THE CROSS alone, we have been separated from the domination and power of all of these. We as the Church for far too long have been crippled and paralyzed just like the Galatians were as we chased after preachers, denominations, fads, conferences, books, etc…, while denying the power of God. Deception is horrible, as it can make us think we are following hard after God, while sprinting 100 miles an hour in the opposite direction from Him. Come back to the Cross today!

10/16/2020

Pastor Curtis

Sep 3, 2016
Bread Crumbs “A Family Fight” October 17

The most difficult people in the world to get along with can be the members of one's family. There are several reasons for this phenomenon. Number one, because we are close to family and because we trust them, we are more likely to operate in the flesh and with less restraint than when we are around fellow workers or even strangers. We are not as concerned about acting the fool in front of some of those who we are close to because the relationship with them is a secure one. Secondly, when we have had a bad day, when things have not gone our way at work, at school, or even at the house, frustration can cause us to treat loved ones unfairly and unjustly. We feel the need to release our frustration and the closest one at hand often has to bear the brunt of our dissatisfaction. Remember that being hurt by someone you love, and trust can often create the deepest wounds. In these moments just described, we need to be aware of our spiritual condition, and cry out to God for grace to help in our time of need. With God's help we can learn to treat the ones we love the most with a consistent God-like love.

John 15:17 - These things I command you, that ye love one another.

Pastor Loren Larson
Loren Larson Ministries