Jehova's Witness Beliefs?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

slave

Senior Member
Mar 20, 2015
6,307
1,093
113
This can become a bit touchy for some but I will tell you my beliefs versus what I know the Jehovah's witness believe.

1. I believe that Jesus was more than a man.- That He was God-man. Col. 2:9. They believe He is nothing more than a man, a good man, even a perfect man, but only a "Messenger" from God, who as a mere man "represented" God on Earth for a few short years.

2. I believe in the Redemptive power of the Blood of Christ. Ephesians 1:7. They believe that, as a man, Christ died only to provide a "Ransom" and who's death meant only that a lonely man was dying on a meaningless cross.

3. I believe in the Christ who physically rose from the grave. Rom. 1:4. They believe Christ is dead , forever dead.

4. I believe in the Christ who is coming back to Earth again even in like manner as He went away. Acts 1:11. They believe that Christ came back to Earth in 1914 and is now invisible, only waiting for the Battle of Armageddon, when He will avenge Himself on His enemies.

5. I believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God. 2 Tim. 3:16. They believe that the Bible had to be "Russellized" before it could be meaningful to those in search of truth.

6. I believe in the reality of the Holy Spirit as a person/ part of the triune of God. John 16:13. They believe in a "Spirit" who "Is not God", but only the "Influence" of Jehovah.

7. I believe that death is the end of man's probationary period. Heb. 9:27. They believe that death is extinction, annihilation, and that during the millennium all will be raised again for a second chance at salvation.

8. I believe that salvation only comes thru faith in the atoning blood of Christ. Titus 3:5-6. They believe in "Salvation" by Works- regardless of how frantic or sacrificial.

9. I believe in a future life of eternal Reward or punishment, for everyone. Matt. 25:46. They believe that Hell is non-existent and that the wicked will be annihilated while heaven will be reserved for only those choice "Witnesses", 144,000 while all the rest of those who have been obedient to God during their lives will be relegated to this Earth, where they will eat, drink, propagate, and live forever with perfect mortal bodies an Edenic paradise.

10. AND FINALLY I BELIEVE THAT NO MAN AS QUESTIONABLE IN MORALS, DISREPUTABLE IN CHARACTER, AND DISTORTED IN THINKING AS CHARLES TAZE RUSSELL COULD BE THE FOUNDER OF A RELIGION THAT IS THE ONLY TRUE REVELATION OF GOD.THE ONLY REMEDY FOR THE ILLS AND INJUSTICES OF THIS WORLD, AND THE ONLY HOPE FOR THE LIFE TO COME.

I know this issue has been floating the threads for awhile yet, I see people who are concluding many things without any facts...I just want people to know some of these facts to better conclude their beliefs..
 
I want all JW's to know I love you all.We all have to rest our heads on a conclusion to our beliefs in life. God asked us to conclude our beliefs...I am saying these things in that framework...MY conclusions, based on God's Word.... God will be MY judge. I pray we all find the truth of His inner most truths found in scripture. May His spirit and Voice be heard. May all our hearts be attached to the truths He would have us be forged from and attached to.
 
Last edited: