Jerusalem Is The Whore, Mystery Babylon The Great, The Seven Hilled City

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Just an fyi, you must know Roman Catholicism to reveal it. Error is exposed by contrast in the light of truth. That hasn't happened. Well not to Catholic teaching anyway.
Truth doesn't need defending it defends it'self. Error is exposed by contrast in the light of truth. Express truth and error is exposed.
The most common error in regards to the RCC is the Dogma that Simon / Peter was the first Pope.

Actually after Jesus crossed the Sea of Galilee and fed fishes and loaves to the Gentiles. The first Decuple sent to the Gentiles by the Lord was Paul. Check your Bible. Romans my friend, are Gentiles.

The Roman ruler Emperor Constantine (the Great) Was the first to legalize Christianity in the year 312. He was anticipating a battle and saw some clouds that looked like a cross. He played sort of "let's make a deal with God. If God would help him win he'd stop persecuting Christians. He won and kept his word.

The problem was that Rome was pantheistic and christianity was monotheistic. The Romans who worshiped several gods and goddesses, idols, numbers and dates, praying to spirits of the dead... resisted. In order to help them merge together peacefully the authorities sort of looked the other way and by 380 am Catholicism merged with the Roman government, became one and the Pope had full legal authority like a king,

What they did wrong was breaking the second commandment and Levitical Laws by allowing things like statues, crosses, praying to the saints and Mary Mother of Christ. Changed the Sabbath (the fourth Commandment) day from Saturday to Sunday (The 7th Day Adventists and the Jews still retain Saturday as the Sabbath) Am I going too fast. I'll stop here and let you digest it check out what I said for yourself and maybe look up some words.

Over and over the Israelites were told these things and when they disobeyed they were severely punished. We shall not have reverence to or pray to the dead like Mary or the Saints. Only Jesus has the power to forgive sins and save souls. Not communion, not the repetitive praying (which Jesus taught us not to do in Matthew 6:7) you might call penance or saying the rosary or lighting candles or any thing else. Crosses and statues should not be allowed in church.

Leviticus 26:1&2

The Blessings of Obedience
1“You must not make idols for yourselves or set up a carved image or sacred pillar; you must not place a sculpted stone in your land to bow down to it. For I am the LORD your God.2You must keep My Sabbaths and have reverence for My sanctuary. I am the LORD.…
Berean Study Bible ·

Got it?

S

Scribe

Jerusalem Is The Whore, Mystery Babylon The Great.

Isaiah 57:3KJV
3 But draw near hither, ye sons of the sorceress, the seed of the adulterer and the whore.

The Dressing Of The Levitical Preisthood Is Clothing The Woman Of Purple, Scarlet, Gold, Precious Stones Delivered To Moses/Aaron

Revelation 17:4KJV
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Exodus 39:1-2 & 8-13KJV
1 And of the blue, and purple, and scarlet, they made cloths of service, to do service in the holy place, and made the holy garments for Aaron; as the Lord commanded Moses.
2 And he made the ephod of gold, blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen.

8 And he made the breastplate of cunning work, like the work of the ephod; of gold, blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen.
9 It was foursquare; they made the breastplate double: a span was the length thereof, and a span the breadth thereof, being doubled.
10 And they set in it four rows of stones: the first row was a sardius, a topaz, and a carbuncle: this was the first row.
11 And the second row, an emerald, a sapphire, and a diamond.
12 And the third row, a ligure, an agate, and an amethyst.
13 And the fourth row, a beryl, an onyx, and a jasper: they were inclosed in ouches of gold in their inclosings.

Another fact that Jerusalem is mystery Babylon its clearly identified as (The Great City)

Jerusalem Is (The Great City) Where Jesus Christ Was Crucified.

Revelation 11:-8KJV
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Revelation 14:8KJV
8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

Revelation 17:18KJV
18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Jerusalem has filled the cup of Wrath, not Rome!

Matthew 23:32KJV
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers

Revelation 18:5-6KJV
5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

The armies of the world are gathered to Armageddon/Jerusalem not Rome, Jerusalem Is The Great City, that will be divided into 3 parts, not Rome!

Revelation 16:12-19KJV
12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.
18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.
19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.
Connecting her clothing with Aaron is a stretch. Probably simply wealth and luxury and royalty imagery.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Connecting her clothing with Aaron is a stretch. Probably simply wealth and luxury and royalty imagery.
Stretch, Not At All, We Will Disagree :)

The Dressing Of The Levitical Preisthood Is Clothing The Woman Of Purple, Scarlet, Gold, Precious Stones Delivered To Moses/Aaron

4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

1 And of the blue, and purple, and scarlet, they made cloths of service, to do service in the holy place, and made the holy garments for Aaron; as the Lord commanded Moses.
2 And he made the ephod of gold, blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen.

8 And he made the breastplate of cunning work, like the work of the ephod; of gold, blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen.
9 It was foursquare; they made the breastplate double: a span was the length thereof, and a span the breadth thereof, being doubled.
10 And they set in it four rows of stones: the first row was a sardius, a topaz, and a carbuncle: this was the first row.
13 And the fourth row, a beryl, an onyx, and a jasper: they were inclosed in ouches of gold in their inclosings.

Aug 14, 2019
And once again I was Catholic for my childhood and teenage years. I was composing a PM to send to you but someting went wrong and at least 2 hours worth of composition and research got deleted in a blink.
Thank you for that time and effort. How frustrating. Technology...oy vey😌

S

Scribe

Stretch, Not At All, We Will Disagree :)

It is a very bad hermeneutic because it is referencing an Old Testament scripture but not the ones you are posting.

Jer 51:7 Babylon was a golden cup in the LORD’s hand, making all the earth drunken; the nations drank of her wine; therefore the nations went mad.
You see Jeremiah is not referencing the priesthood gone bad here.

She is... MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
Rev 17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication

Rev 18:3For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

the purple and scarlet, gold, and precious stones is typifying her luxury and part of the intoxication of her cup.

2 Sam 1:24 “You daughters of Israel, weep over Saul, who clothed you luxuriously in scarlet, who put ornaments of gold on your apparel.

Luke 16:9 “There was a rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and who feasted sumptuously every day.

Also there are scriptures about Kings who had gold cups. Even Joseph in is royal office in Egypt had a Gold Cup.

1 Kings 10:21
All King Solomon's drinking vessels were of gold,

She is a Whore, dressed in luxurious wealth as a queen with a royal cup that she makes kings drink of and they are maddened by her luxurious influences.

It is MYSTERY BABYLON so I agree that it was not Babylon that existed in the 1st century or it would not be MYSTERY.
I understand why some say Jerusalem based on the scriptures that have already been present by several in this thread.
I understand why others think it might be a false religious system.

I am leaning toward something that originated in Babylon as the explanation or... a possible rebuilding of Babylon that will fulfill this description in the future. This might still qualify as a MYSTERY BABYLON but maybe not.

Regardless, even if it were Jerusalem, the pomp of scarlet, purple, gold, jewels and the golden cup is speaking of luxuries and I think it is obvious if you consider the verses I have posted such as Rev 18:3 and Jer 51:7 which has no context to the priesthood.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
It is a very bad hermeneutic because it is referencing an Old Testament scripture but not the ones you are posting.

Jer 51:7 Babylon was a golden cup in the LORD’s hand, making all the earth drunken; the nations drank of her wine; therefore the nations went mad.
You see Jeremiah is not referencing the priesthood gone bad here.

She is... MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
Rev 17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication

Rev 18:3For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

the purple and scarlet, gold, and precious stones is typifying her luxury and part of the intoxication of her cup.

2 Sam 1:24 “You daughters of Israel, weep over Saul, who clothed you luxuriously in scarlet, who put ornaments of gold on your apparel.

Luke 16:9 “There was a rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and who feasted sumptuously every day.

Also there are scriptures about Kings who had gold cups. Even Joseph in is royal office in Egypt had a Gold Cup.

1 Kings 10:21
All King Solomon's drinking vessels were of gold,

She is a Whore, dressed in luxurious wealth as a queen with a royal cup that she makes kings drink of and they are maddened by her luxurious influences.

It is MYSTERY BABYLON so I agree that it was not Babylon that existed in the 1st century or it would not be MYSTERY.
I understand why some say Jerusalem based on the scriptures that have already been present by several in this thread.
I understand why others think it might be a false religious system.

I am leaning toward something that originated in Babylon as the explanation or... a possible rebuilding of Babylon that will fulfill this description in the future. This might still qualify as a MYSTERY BABYLON but maybe not.

Regardless, even if it were Jerusalem, the pomp of scarlet, purple, gold, jewels and the golden cup is speaking of luxuries and I think it is obvious if you consider the verses I have posted such as Rev 18:3 and Jer 51:7 which has no context to the priesthood.
I apprecuate your response and dialogue :)

You have covered just one aspect of the Whore, in your belief of her clothing, we disagree, I believe it's the priesthood of Jerusalem symbolically speaking as explained.

Next Identifier:

1. Will you argue against Jerusalem being on seven hills/mountains?

2. Will you argue against, only Jerusalem fits the description of

(In her was found the blood of prophets, and of all that were slain upon the earth, as Matthew 23:29-37 explains a below, Rome didn't exist be Guilty of the Prophets blood?

Scribe you move to establish Rome as the whore, Rev 18:24 Removes this claim, in and of itself, Matthew 23:29-37 is the interpretation identifier, and nails in the coffin of Rome being a fulfillment?

Revelation 17:9KJV
9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

List of cities claimed to be built on seven hills - Wikipedia
Jerusalem, Israel: Jerusalem's seven hills are Mount Scopus, Mount Olivet and the Mount of Corruption (all three are peaks in a mountain ridge that lies east of the Old City), Mount Ophel, the original Mount Zion, the New Mount Zion and the hill on which the Antonia Fortress was built.

The Roman Empire didnt exist to be guilty of the Prophets blood seen below, Jerusalem did.

Revelation 18:24KJV
24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Matthew 23:29-37KJV
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
The answer to many of the references found in Revelation that puzzle people can be found in other parts of the Bible. The seven hills or Mountains found there are to be found in Matthews Gospel.
There are seven references to Jesus going up to a mountain to pray or to teach. These are the seven Hills. Only Matthew includes them. Mountains represent among other things the presence of God
Jesus fulfilled OT prophecies and revealed himself as the King and Messiah to those who had been given the spiritual insight to see. This is a complex subject but it includes Prophecies in Isaiah
Jeremiah and parts of Daniel. Also Deuteronomy and Chronicles.

Unbelieving Israel is the represented in Revelation as a Harlot and is called such by the Prophets
Spiritual Israel is the Bride that comes from Heaven.

S

Scribe

I apprecuate your response and dialogue :)

You have covered just one aspect of the Whore, in your belief of her clothing, we disagree, I believe it's the priesthood of Jerusalem symbolically speaking as explained.

Next Identifier:

1. Will you argue against Jerusalem being on seven hills/mountains?

2. Will you argue against, only Jerusalem fits the description of

(In her was found the blood of prophets, and of all that were slain upon the earth, as Matthew 23:29-37 explains a below, Rome didn't exist be Guilty of the Prophets blood?

Scribe you move to establish Rome as the whore, Rev 18:24 Removes this claim, in and of itself, Matthew 23:29-37 is the interpretation identifier, and nails in the coffin of Rome being a fulfillment?

9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

List of cities claimed to be built on seven hills - Wikipedia
Jerusalem, Israel: Jerusalem's seven hills are Mount Scopus, Mount Olivet and the Mount of Corruption (all three are peaks in a mountain ridge that lies east of the Old City), Mount Ophel, the original Mount Zion, the New Mount Zion and the hill on which the Antonia Fortress was built.

The Roman Empire didnt exist to be guilty of the Prophets blood seen below, Jerusalem did.

24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
I would not argue AGAINST Babylon being Jerusalem because I think that there is credence to the reasons why. I mentioned that I
understand why based on the scriptures you have mentioned.
I also understand why some think it is Rome.
I don't think either fit very well.
I am still open to either interpretation until I learn more.

Right now I am leaning toward the hills representing kingdoms, and not physical hills. Like the heads. It is parallelism or repetition. Like mountains representing kingdoms in so many passages. Governments or dominions, or empires that can be traced in biblical history. Like what you read in Daniel. I think Daniel is a companion book to Revelation to help interpret the symbolism.

I don't have it figured out yet. It is still MYSTERY BABYLON for me.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
I would not argue AGAINST Babylon being Jerusalem because I think that there is credence to the reasons why. I mentioned that I
understand why based on the scriptures you have mentioned.
I also understand why some think it is Rome.
I don't think either fit very well.
I am still open to either interpretation until I learn more.

Right now I am leaning toward the hills representing kingdoms, and not physical hills. Like the heads. It is parallelism or repetition. Like mountains representing kingdoms in so many passages. Governments or dominions, or empires that can be traced in biblical history. Like what you read in Daniel. I think Daniel is a companion book to Revelation to help interpret the symbolism.

I don't have it figured out yet. It is still MYSTERY BABYLON for me.
Scribe when you look at the verse below, it shows symbolic (Heads) then it gives you the literal interpretation (Mountains) revealing the mystery (y)

S

Scribe

Scribe when you look at the verse below, it shows symbolic (Heads) then it gives you the literal interpretation (Mountains) revealing the mystery (y)

I appreciate your response and dialog also. :)

But verse 10 makes it obvious he is not talking about piles of earth and rock but kings...
ESV Rev 17:9-10
9This calls for a mind with wisdom: the seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman is seated; 10they are also seven kings,

The ESV, NASB, HCSB (all considered the best English translations for functional equivalent or attempt at word for word from original language) all say "they are seven kings". Now I know that KJV says "there are seven kings" which could be read as if it is a new subject but the KJV stands almost alone with this wording.

Some translations skip this statement and start with ..."five are fallen" as if the Greek meaning is clear that the mountains are to be interpreted as .. five are fallen.. etc because they are kings.

Even the NIV which is an excellent Dynamic Equivalent (attempt to convey the Greek meaning as the original audience would have understood it) says .."They are also seven kings" which might be the best but I will not contend for it since I am not a Greek scholar and rely on those who are.

At this point I think verse 10 gives me a clear interpretation of taking the mountains to be symbolic of kings. But there is more.

Remember how I brought up Jer 51 which is a clear quote here in this text by John. Notice what else Jer 51 says about Babylon. He calls it a MOUNTAIN. So again using the actual context of the prophecy being referenced by John from Jer would be the best hermeneutic or the most authoritative when it comes to determining the key to the MYSTERY.

Consider this excellent explanation by Joseph A. Seiss, a brilliant commentator from the 19th century. From his excellent 800 plus page commentary on the book of Revelation available in the public domain as a freely downloadable .pdf from many places on the internet.

"A mountain, or prominent elevation on the surface of the earth, is one of the common scriptural images, symbols, or representatives of a kingdom, regal dominion, empire, or established authority. So David, speaking of the vicissitudes which he experienced as the king of Israel, says: “Lord, by Thy favor Thou didst make my mountain to stand strong” — margin, “settled strength for my mountain,” “meaning his kingdom and dominion. (Psalm 30:7.)

So the Lord in His threat against the throne and power of Babylon said: “I am against thee, O destroying mountain, which destroyest all the earth; and I will stretch out mine hand upon thee, and will roll thee down from the rocks, and will make thee a burnt mountain.” (Jeremiah 51:25.)

So the kingdom of the Messiah is likened to “a stone, which became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.” (Daniel 2:35.)

And this is exactly the sense in which the angel uses the word here, as he himself tells us.
He does not say “the seven heads are seven mountains, where the Woman sitteth upon them,” and there leave off; but he adds immediately, “and they are seven kings,” or personified kingdoms. The mountains, then, are not piles of material rocks and earth at all, but royal or imperial powers, declared to be such by the angel himself."
Apocalypse: Lectures in Revelation by Joseph A Seiss

S

Scribe

I appreciate your response and dialog also. :)

But verse 10 makes it obvious he is not talking about piles of earth and rock but kings...
ESV Rev 17:9-10
9This calls for a mind with wisdom: the seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman is seated; 10they are also seven kings,

The ESV, NASB, HCSB (all considered the best English translations for functional equivalent or attempt at word for word from original language) all say "they are seven kings". Now I know that KJV says "there are seven kings" which could be read as if it is a new subject but the KJV stands almost alone with this wording.

Some translations skip this statement and start with ..."five are fallen" as if the Greek meaning is clear that the mountains are to be interpreted as .. five are fallen.. etc because they are kings.

Even the NIV which is an excellent Dynamic Equivalent (attempt to convey the Greek meaning as the original audience would have understood it) says .."They are also seven kings" which might be the best but I will not contend for it since I am not a Greek scholar and rely on those who are.

At this point I think verse 10 gives me a clear interpretation of taking the mountains to be symbolic of kings. But there is more.

Remember how I brought up Jer 51 which is a clear quote here in this text by John. Notice what else Jer 51 says about Babylon. He calls it a MOUNTAIN. So again using the actual context of the prophecy being referenced by John from Jer would be the best hermeneutic or the most authoritative when it comes to determining the key to the MYSTERY.

Consider this excellent explanation by Joseph A. Seiss, a brilliant commentator from the 19th century. From his excellent 800 plus page commentary on the book of Revelation available in the public domain as a freely downloadable .pdf from many places on the internet.

"A mountain, or prominent elevation on the surface of the earth, is one of the common scriptural images, symbols, or representatives of a kingdom, regal dominion, empire, or established authority. So David, speaking of the vicissitudes which he experienced as the king of Israel, says: “Lord, by Thy favor Thou didst make my mountain to stand strong” — margin, “settled strength for my mountain,” “meaning his kingdom and dominion. (Psalm 30:7.)

So the Lord in His threat against the throne and power of Babylon said: “I am against thee, O destroying mountain, which destroyest all the earth; and I will stretch out mine hand upon thee, and will roll thee down from the rocks, and will make thee a burnt mountain.” (Jeremiah 51:25.)

So the kingdom of the Messiah is likened to “a stone, which became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.” (Daniel 2:35.)

And this is exactly the sense in which the angel uses the word here, as he himself tells us. He does not say “the seven heads are seven mountains, where the Woman sitteth upon them,” and there leave off; but he adds immediately, “and they are seven kings,” or personified kingdoms. The mountains, then, are not piles of material rocks and earth at all, but royal or imperial powers, declared to be such by the angel himself."
Apocalypse: Lectures in Revelation by Joseph A Seiss
Sometimes, I want to give myself a trophy. :)

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
Interesting post. They seem to be somehow combined, the two cities, the whore and the beast.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Jerusalem is the Whore. Anyone who has read the Prophets should realise that. The seven hills or Mountains as translated in some English Bibles can be found in Matthews Gospel. In that Gospel
Jesus is said to descend up to a Mountain seven times. Its the only Gospel that mentions seven occasions when he does so . A Mountain in Scripture can represent both Human and Spiritual power and authority depending on context.

At the height of his reign King Solomon's empire embraced land as far as modern Lebanon and Syria by which time he had slid into Idolatry. His Empire had an opening to the Sea. Babylon the Great cited in Revelation is a symbol of Godless Jerusalem and its details are taken mainly from the description of his Empire in the books of Chronicles among which we find Merchants and 666 bars of gold. There is so much to say about this. But I will end by saying that if anyone wants to understand
this subject they need a good grasp of both Testaments and an understanding of Jewish symbolism

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Jerusalem is the Whore. Anyone who has read the Prophets should realise that. The seven hills or Mountains as translated in some English Bibles can be found in Matthews Gospel. In that Gospel
Jesus is said to descend up to a Mountain seven times. Its the only Gospel that mentions seven occasions when he does so . A Mountain in Scripture can represent both Human and Spiritual power and authority depending on context.

At the height of his reign King Solomon's empire embraced land as far as modern Lebanon and Syria by which time he had slid into Idolatry. His Empire had an opening to the Sea. Babylon the Great cited in Revelation is a symbol of Godless Jerusalem and its details are taken mainly from the description of his Empire in the books of Chronicles among which we find Merchants and 666 bars of gold. There is so much to say about this. But I will end by saying that if anyone wants to understand
this subject they need a good grasp of both Testaments and an understanding of Jewish symbolism
I agree, Solomon and the gods brought from the Babylonian captivity clearly shows Jerusalem mystery Babylon

Matthew clearly explains Jerusalem is guilty of the Prophets blood, and all slain upon the earth, it's a done deal (Jerusalem) is the (Great City) where Jesus Christ was crucified, not (Rome) as many falsely teach