Jesus and Paul -two different gospels?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Through various discussions on the board here. It seems there is a view that there are two gospels.

Basically it says that Jesus taught a different gospel than that of Paul. Are there two gospels? One that Jesus taught then a different one that Paul taught?

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Through various discussions on the board here. It seems there is a view that there are two gospels.

Basically it says that Jesus taught a different gospel than that of Paul. Are there two gospels? One that Jesus taught then a different one that Paul taught?

Paul is a disciple of Christ and was directly taught by Christ. They teach the same gospel.

B

Blackpowderduelist

It odd to me how so many people are willing to accept teachings that were never taught throughout church history. Like the entire church was just wrong for 1900 years

Jan 12, 2019
It odd to me how so many people are willing to accept teachings that were never taught throughout church history. Like the entire church was just wrong for 1900 years
Perhaps the following statements by Paul, at the end of his life, could explain this

2 Timothy 1:15 This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

2 Timothy 4:16 At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge.

At the end of his life, Paul's distinctive gospel (Romans 16:25) has been abandoned in favor of the gospel that was preached in the 4 gospels and early Acts, including by those Galatians he was addressing in Galatians 3 (2 Timothy 1:15).

E

eternally-gratefull

How many ways are their to heaven?

Mar 4, 2020

Paul teaches faith-based salvation which is what Christ taught.

What Paul does is explain the Christian theology in exhaustive detail using far fewer parables. The book of Romans, for example, is a thorough explanation of the Christian theology.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015

That belief is just something that people have introduced into the church. They did the same thing during Paul's time, calling him a false apostle and that his teachings came from men.

Everything that Paul taught came directly from the Lord, except in certain places where he had no word from the Lord on a specific matter and he gave his insight on.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
that's called "hyperdispensationalism" and i used to not understand why people say it's a heresy.
through various discussions on the board here, i've come to a clearer understanding of the accusation

Jan 12, 2019
That belief is just something that people have introduced into the church. They did the same thing during Paul's time, calling him a false apostle and that his teachings came from men.

Everything that Paul taught came directly from the Lord, except in certain places where he had no word from the Lord on a specific matter and he gave his insight on.
I think the clearer question would be

Did the ascended Christ taught Paul exactly the same gospel as what he taught the 12 while in the flesh during his 1st coming?

If you believe the answer is yes, then yes, you would hold the doctrine that Paul preached exactly the same gospel as Jesus and the 12 preached in Matthew to Acts.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

There is but one Gospel, that of Yeshua-Jesus. Paul teaches if any man teach another he is a liar.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Perhaps the following statements by Paul, at the end of his life, could explain this

2 Timothy 1:15 This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

2 Timothy 4:16 At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge.

At the end of his life, Paul's distinctive gospel (Romans 16:25) has been abandoned in favor of the gospel that was preached in the 4 gospels and early Acts, including by those Galatians he was addressing in Galatians 3 (2 Timothy 1:15).
So all the church was apostate including the church fathers who God used to cannonize the Bible, until Darby came along. How preposterous.
These modern cultic philosophies undermine the Bible and people just don't even think. God never used pagans to establish scripture, and the church never disappeared from the earth, leaving pagans to canonize the Bible and establish the scriptures so that one day a second savior could come along and open the books and say eureka, I have discovered the gospel and re-established the church. These ideas are utter rubbish from debased men influenced of Satan to discredit the Bible which all we have of the scriptures.
This is what comes of not knowing church history. Not understanding the actual consequences of these imaginings of debased men.
Revivalism has truly been the most destructive ideology to ever infiltrate Christendom.
The Anglicans saw John Darby as heterodox and booted him out, but American revivalists latched on to his teachings because they had no grasp of actual history or the church founders, no scholatics only pietistic emotionalism. And all manner of nonsense them spread.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Anyone who comes along and says I'm the first person to understand the scriptures since Paul died is a satanic deceiver.

Jan 12, 2019
So all the church was apostate including the church fathers who God used to cannonize the Bible, until Darby came along. How preposterous.
These modern cultic philosophies undermine the Bible and people just don't even think. God never used pagans to establish scripture, and the church never disappeared from the earth, leaving pagans to canonize the Bible and establish the scriptures so that one day a second savior could come along and open the books and say eureka, I have discovered the gospel and re-established the church. These ideas are utter rubbish from debased men influenced of Satan to discredit the Bible which all we have of the scriptures.
This is what comes of not knowing church history. Not understanding the actual consequences of these imaginings of debased men.
Revivalism has truly been the most destructive ideology to ever infiltrate Christendom.
The Anglicans saw John Darby as heterodox and booted him out, but American revivalists latched on to his teachings because they had no grasp of actual history or the church founders, no scholatics only pietistic emotionalism. And all manner of nonsense them spread.
I quoted the scripture saying Paul was largely abandoned at the end of his life

It’s up to you to decide what to do wth it

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
I quoted the scripture saying Paul was largely abandoned at the end of his life

It’s up to you to decide what to do wth it
It has no meaning other than to demonstrate how ignorant some people are concerning Paul. God used Paul to write most of the NT bible and that is a great blessing.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

There's more than two . And it means 'good news '. If anyone thinks Luke 9.6 is the same as 1cor 15 . 1-4 then you've lost the plot ,literally.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
What happens in this discussion is the ' Gospel ' gets turned into a general message about salvation , then every time the word gospel shows up regardless if its before the cross ,after the cross or after / before the tribulation ,this is handled as all the same message. Just because the word 'gosepl 'is mentioned . If you notice it usually says ' the Gospel of ... ' or ' my Gospel ' ' ect . There are distinctions given .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Paul is a disciple of Christ and was directly taught by Christ. They teach the same gospel.
Those two things don't necessitate that they taught the same ' good news ' . WHAT Jesus taught to Paul is key .