Jesus and Paul -two different gospels?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Some followers of Jesus-Yeshua tend to give Paul more credence than they give the Twelve.

Paul's name does not figure on any of the Twelve Foundations of New Jerusalem.. This is worthy of study and meditation for any who will.

Whenever there is scripture that lends to confusion among those who profess to believe , it is usually somet6ing credited to Paul. When this occurs with me, and I am able, I find my heart soul, and mind settled by what Jesus=Yeshua teaches directly on the given subject.

I read Paul almost daily but I am always settled by our Savior.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
This is known as anti-Pauline and it is heresy. Paul taught no confusion.

This applies:

2Pe 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
2Pe 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Some followers of Jesus-Yeshua tend to give Paul more credence than they give the Twelve.

Paul's name does not figure on any of the Twelve Foundations of New Jerusalem.. This is worthy of study and meditation for any who will.

Whenever there is scripture that lends to confusion among those who profess to believe , it is usually somet6ing credited to Paul. When this occurs with me, and I am able, I find my heart soul, and mind settled by what Jesus=Yeshua teaches directly on the given subject.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

This applies:

2Pe 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
2Pe 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
This heresy charge is uincalled for. Read my post. You will see no denial of Paul having been sent out, however two basic truths are given. 1. His name does not figure with the original Twelve Apostles.. 2. It is almost inevitable there is confusion on various subjects touched upon by Paul.

kActually there is a third here, Jesus-Yeshua does settle the heart, soul and mind on all.

I will not report this infantile accusation of my being an heretic for it is obvious itstems from the confusion spawned by not having read what is posted.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Paul teaches faith-based salvation which is what Christ taught.

What Paul does is explain the Christian theology in exhaustive detail using far fewer parables. The book of Romans, for example, is a thorough explanation of the Christian theology.
Which verses are you referring to ?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

What we see is people think the 4 Gospels are more authoritive than Paul's writing( especially those red words ) , instead of rightly dividing .

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
You spoke of Paul and people being confused. If you aren't opposed to Paul's teachings then you worded your post poorly.

This heresy charge is uincalled for. Read my post. You will see no denial of Paul having been sent out, however two basic truths are given. 1. His name does not figure with the original Twelve Apostles.. 2. It is almost inevitable there is confusion on various subjects touched upon by Paul.

kActually there is a third here, Jesus-Yeshua does settle the heart, soul and mind on all.

I will not report this infantile accusation of my being an heretic for it is obvious itstems from the confusion spawned by not having read what is posted.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

We should recognise all scripture is equally ' credible '. I went to a church one time and they spent the whole time just preaching from the 4 gospels. If they did preach on Paul's letters it would be done through the lens of the 4 gospels. Especially Matthew.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

This applies:

Forgive me but this particular line of reason reeks of being a cult , the result of brainwashing and no study.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
You spoke of Paul and people being confused. If you aren't opposed to Paul's teachings then you worded your post poorly.
Please, your desperation is becoming more and more evident.

Were I to "post poorly" it would have been to underscore what is self-evidently ridiculous.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Do you oppose the teachings of Paul or not?

Please, your desperation is becoming more and more evident.

Were I to "post poorly" it would have been to underscore what is self-evidently ridiculous.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
OK, now your little inquisition. What next? First the heresy nonsense, now the Francisco Jiménez de Cisneros treatment. Perhaps you will band your people together with pitchforks and torches for the burning at the stake, or maybe even an a hanging. Is this your joy?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Through various discussions on the board here. It seems there is a view that there are two gospels.

Basically it says that Jesus taught a different gospel than that of Paul. Are there two gospels? One that Jesus taught then a different one that Paul taught?
There is only one Gospel.. Paul and Jesus both preached it..

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Romans 11:13

“For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:”

Yes.

May the readers also see Acts 22:10-23, esp vv.10b ('all that you [singular] have been appointed to do') and 21 ('I will send [G1821 ('from 1537 /ek, "out from" intensifying 649 /apostéllō, "commission, send forth"'] you...').

Notice that John the Baptist had said (of himself), "And I [John] did not know Him; but the One having sent [G3992 - pempo / pempsas ] me to baptize with water, He said to me, 'Upon whom you shall see the Spirit descending and abiding on Him, He is the One baptizing with the Holy Spirit.'" - John 1:33

--Paul later said (of himself), "For Christ did not send [G649 - apostelló / apesteilen ] me [Paul] to baptize, but to preach the gospel; not in wisdom of discourse, so that the cross of the Christ should not be emptied of its power." - 1Cor1:17

... as well as that word being used in his testimony before king Agrippa in Acts 26:15-18, esp. v.17. (See also 28:28.)

--also, in 2Cor11:2, it says, "For I [Paul] am jealous as to you [corporate, plural 'you'] with the jealousy of God. For I have betrothed you [corporate, plural 'you'] to One Husband, to present A CHASTE VIRGIN [SINGULAR] to Christ."

--see also Col1:25 "to complete the word of God"

These items ^ Paul has been tasked to do.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Yes.

May the readers also see Acts 22:10-23, esp vv.10b ('all that you [singular] have been appointed to do') and 21 ('I will send [G1821 ('from 1537 /ek, "out from" intensifying 649 /apostéllō, "commission, send forth"'] you...').

Notice that John the Baptist had said (of himself), "And I [John] did not know Him; but the One having sent [G3992 - pempo / pempsas ] me to baptize with water, He said to me, 'Upon whom you shall see the Spirit descending and abiding on Him, He is the One baptizing with the Holy Spirit.'" - John 1:33

--Paul later said (of himself), "For Christ did not send [G649 - apostelló / apesteilen ] me [Paul] to baptize, but to preach the gospel; not in wisdom of discourse, so that the cross of the Christ should not be emptied of its power." - 1Cor1:17

... as well as that word being used in his testimony before king Agrippa in Acts 26:15-18, esp. v.17. (See also 28:28.)

--also, in 2Cor11:2, it says, "For I [Paul] am jealous as to you [corporate, plural 'you'] with the jealousy of God. For I have betrothed you [corporate, plural 'you'] to One Husband, to present A CHASTE VIRGIN [SINGULAR] to Christ."

--see also Col1:25 "to complete the word of God"

These items ^ Paul has been tasked to do.
Thanks .
15And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

16But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

17Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

18To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

19¶Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:

28¶Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it

B

Blackpowderduelist

I quoted the scripture saying Paul was largely abandoned at the end of his life

It’s up to you to decide what to do wth it
You said it to me in response to a statement that I had made. In context of a conversation.

B

Blackpowderduelist

Oh yes the difference between "the savior is here to save you" and "the savior was here to save you, and this is what he did when he was here." Does not make the salvation different. Or even two different stories. The savior was there and was headed to the cross and the subsequent resurrection, which would effect salvation for those who believed. Which is the same Gospel from the begining.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
There is but one Gospel, that of Yeshua-Jesus. Paul teaches if any man teach another he is a liar.
No, Paul says if anyone is preaching another Gospel than the one HE preached / delivered to them and other than the one THEY received then its wrong . Paul is not saying there is only one Gospel. This is what some are imagining he is saying. Yet another example of not Believing what it SAYS .

Jan 12, 2019
You said it to me in response to a statement that I had made. In context of a conversation.
Yes, so that was an answer to your point "teachings that were never taught throughout church history. Like the entire church was just wrong for 1900 years"

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
No, Paul says if anyone is preaching another Gospel than the one HE preached / delivered to them and other than the one THEY received then its wrong . Paul is not saying there is only one Gospel. This is what some are imagining he is saying. Yet another example of not Believing what it SAYS .
Gal_1:8 (KJV) But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

There are many references in the Word. If any man teaaches something other than the gospel of Jesus, he is a liar.