Jesus and Paul -two different gospels?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Nowhere in the Bible, as you know, does it say what I have said above.

Yes, the disciples were certainly preaching Circumcision of the Heart, for to be lifted of the Curse is the answer to Salvation, and only Christ can lift it.

Romans 2:28-29 NKJV - "For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which [is] outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who [is one] inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God."
Yes that s Paul preaching there .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
no, m8. it's the same. the One on the throne of the Kingdom of God is the Risen Lamb. Agnus Dei.
so when they say 'the Kingdom of Heaven is here! repent!" they are preaching the Messiah. just because they don't at that moment comprehend every detail of the ascension to the throne and the reign of the Messiah doesn't make their announcement that the King is come a 'different gospel'

if i tell you i'm coming to pick you up it's still me coming to pick you up when i'm not in the car you thought i was going to be driving.
Can anyone today be saved by anything you said just now ?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
I didn't say that. I said that I have studied the Bible for thousands of hours.

Is it your objective to pick an argument? I don't understand what you're attempting to do.
The Gospel

16¶For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for IT is the power of God unto salvation to every one that BELIEVETH ; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

1 cor 15 . 1-4
1¶Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have BELIEVED in vain.

3¶For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Romans 10
8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith , which we preach;

9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved .

10For with the heart man BELIEVETH unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11For the scripture saith, Whosoever BELIEVETH on him shall not be ashamed

How is it that Christians are struggling to say what the Gospel is today from scripture?? I'm not being argumentative, I'm just perplexed why folks on here can't tell me what the gospel is ??

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
in luke 9.6 was not the same as ' christ crucified ' nor ' christ resurrected. Both in which must be believed in order to be saved today .

Where does it say that ? And was that what they were preaching in Luke 9.6 ?

Your obsessed with Luke 9:6. Have you not read the whole book. I think it will help you to do so ;). Your the only one who quotes that verse.

But what a verse... preaching the good news about Jesus our Lord!

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
The Gospel

16¶For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for IT is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

1 cor 15. 1-4
1¶Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3¶For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Romans 10
8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed

How is it that Christians are struggling to say what the Gospel is today from scripture??
Um . . . because they don't know what it is?

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
It's actually a super important verse, and all of John chapter 9 tells us why. John 9 tells us what those healings are about. :)

Of course it is thats why I added ''But what a verse... preaching the good news about Jesus our Lord! ''

Plus my point is we don't rely on one verse...as throughfaith tries to insinuate.

Jan 12, 2019
the gospel. God is Salvation

and Abel was a prophet ((Luke 11:50-51)) -- what did he prophesy? it's in Genesis 4. find it. Acts 10:43 is a hint -- all prophets testify of Christ.
Gospel means "good news". Noah received a good news in Genesis 9

Jan 12, 2019
who are the children of Abraham?

what saith the scripture

same gospel, if your eyes are open to see Jesus in Genesis. entirely different if they are closed
I was quoting his statement literally.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Your obsessed with Luke 9:6. Have you not read the whole book. I think it will help you to do so ;). Your the only one who quotes that verse.

But what a verse... preaching the good news about Jesus our Lord!
Take any verse you like prior to Acts and you won't find Paul's Gospel.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Take any verse you like prior to Acts and you won't find Paul's Gospel.

lol, Very true Paul was far too busy persecuting the early Christians. But the other apostles where spreading the good news of Jesus daily long before Paul stopped persecuting the church. Then Paul was called by God given the same good news from Jesus. The one true message.

The life, death and resurrection of Jesus. We worship our Lord not Paul.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
lol, Very true Paul was far too busy persecuting the early Christians. But the other apostles where spreading the good news of Jesus daily long before Paul stopped persecuting the church. Then Paul was called by God given the same good news from Jesus. The one true message.

Prior to Acts 11 no one was getting saved anything like how we are saved today . Through Paul's gospel.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Thru your post, I am reminded once again that people who have the doctrine of “there is only ONE gospel” for all times, are basically interpreting the Bible thru the lens of covenant theology.
i learned a lot about covenant theology in the last few years and i'm not sure what you're saying is true. in general they believe in dozens of different covenants over the ages with the covenant of grace being the final one, which, if you read the scripture you see many covenants being mentioned besides the obvious one like that with Abraham or Israel at Sinai. the covenant of salt. the covenant with David. the covenant with Hagar. they also add 'implied' ones not spoken of in the Bible, like a perceived covenant with Adam that he would have eternal life as long as he never ate from the tree of surely die.

they don't see the Adamic or saline covenants as being tantamount to the covenant of Christ's blood, but precursors. so it's not much different than your hyperdispensationalism, in that they don't particularly regard the message from God to man as being a completely unified one.

we should keep in mind that there are more than two boxes to fit theologies in. you're not automatically 'covenant' theologian just because you're not 'dispensational' just like you're not necessarily 'Pelagian' just because your not 'Calvinist'

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

Gal 1v11,12: "But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ."

Gal 2v1-10: "Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and also took Titus with me. And I went up by revelation, and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to those who were of reputation, lest by any means I might run, or had run, in vain. Yet not even Titus who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised. And this occurred because of false brethren secretly brought in (who came in by stealth to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage), to whom we did not yield submission even for an hour, that the truth of the gospel might continue with you. But from those who seemed to be something — whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man — for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me. But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles), and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. They desired only that we should remember the poor, the very thing which I also was eager to do."

1Cor 1v23,24: "but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God."

Rom 1v16: "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I used to hold the covenant theology lens too, until I realized it’s better to interpret scripture literally instead, taking context into account.
i don't think any covenant theologian on earth would agree with your implicit accusation that that they don't take scripture literally and ignore context.

so who's wrong? they don't know their own thoughts or you don't know theirs?

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Gal 1v11,12: "But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ."

Gal 2v1-10: "Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and also took Titus with me. And I went up by revelation, and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to those who were of reputation, lest by any means I might run, or had run, in vain. Yet not even Titus who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised. And this occurred because of false brethren secretly brought in (who came in by stealth to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage), to whom we did not yield submission even for an hour, that the truth of the gospel might continue with you. But from those who seemed to be something — whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man — for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me. But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles), and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. They desired only that we should remember the poor, the very thing which I also was eager to do."

1Cor 1v23,24: "but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God."

Rom 1v16: "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

That's right, Paul preached Jesus.

I love those last two verses you supplied they show that there is only one good news for both Jews and gentiles. Amazing grace indeed.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
many prophets had no understanding of their spoken prophecy. See 1 Peter 1.

Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
(1 Peter 1:10-11 kjv)
this doesn't say the prophets didn't understand that the Messiah would come and suffer and then enter His glory when they testified that the Messiah would come and suffer and then enter His glory. 1 Peter does not say the prophets were idiots with no comprehension of what was coming out of their mouths. is this what 'gaslighting' means?

this says it wasn't revealed to them when & how.

they prophesied the gospel. just not every intricate detail of it. that doesn't make it a different gospel.