Jesus being Michael the archangel

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 19, 2020
I see no need to discuss the finer points of the Trinity in a thread about Jesus and Michael. :)
Thanks for your reply. My comment was in response to your statement, I quote: ‘Jesus is the creator’ in this very thread. Maybe you are correct and I need to find a thread devoted to the Trinity doctrine.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Thanks for your reply. My comment was in response to your statement, I quote: ‘Jesus is the creator’ in this very thread. Maybe you are correct and I need to find a thread devoted to the Trinity doctrine.
There are a few active presently. I don't think the issue you raise is insubstantial, but this particular OP (LeeLoving) has been asking very basic questions for several months. Getting into the weeds (so to speak) isn't going to help her. :)

Apr 19, 2020
One God ''The Father'' and His Word become flesh , same one God in terms we can relate and understand .. God the Father has never been apart from His Word but can exist however He sees fit .. God Himself came to die and redeem us in the only way possible ... How great is that ? ''My Lord and my God'' Jesus of Nazareth .. 16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me. YHVH=Jesus

Regarding your comment YHVH=Jesus. From this I understand you are saying that Jesus is Almighty God. Correct me if I am wrong. This being the case how do you explain the following scriptures:

1 Peter 1:3 - In part: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ........
John 20:17 - In part: .......I ascend unto my Father and your Father: and to my God, and your God. (Jesus words)
Ephesians 1:3 - In part: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ ............

Question: Who is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ referred to in these verses if Jesus is Almighty God?

Apologies if this is the wrong forum for discussing this.

Mar 28, 2016
Ok, last time, please give me a verse where Jesus clearly came to the aid of an angel. We are not twisting meanings, I am using angel in the sense of Michael the Arch Angel or as in...
Hebrews 1:5-7 KJV
[5] For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? [6] And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. [7] And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

not the generic term ‘messenger’ as one of the meaning of angel.
Let’s not play around with this topic as many young Christians get convinced that Jesus is a created being.
Faith that comes from hearing God who is not a man is not something to play with. But rather to believe God by and through as he works in the creature like Jesus to both will and do the good pleasure of God. .

We must not deceive the young Christian to believe that God is a man.

Its not one of the meaning but the meaning. Adding new meaning changes the foundation of the world. Messenger (angel) One who bring the message of another. .

Jesus came to aid believers as other messenger sent out with the gospel No meaning can be added to messenger. Again all do the same will of the father not seen. .

You asked when did Jesus a prophet and high apostle help another believer that was a stranger? Every time he opened his mouth and revealed the will of the father not seen.

He is the only angel that God called Son. Do you know another?

Michael meaning who is like God ? No one God is not a man

Mar 28, 2016
FYI, I have asked Garee directly several times whether he believes that Jesus is divine, and he has danced around it repeatedly, responding with irrelevant and voluminous bafflegab.
LOL

I have given you straight answers with scripture as a reference source.. You the one that dances around the parables declassifying them as non gospel . literalizing the signified tongue of God.

Some do work to make eternal God who is Spirit into a man ? I serve a different Good Teaching Master .The one the Son of man Jesus served.

Why do you respond with irrelevant and voluminous bafflegab? learn what it means that without parables Christ spoke not .Then having established that foundation of faith ( prophecy) through various manners. We can move forward.

Mark 10:16-18 King James Version (KJV)And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.
And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to
him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Which Good Teaching Master will you serve today ? The philosophies of men? Or the perfect seal of God law that works in men called the gospel.?

The eternal not seen or the things of men the temporal seen?

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

God is not a man . No power coming from the corrupted flesh of Jesus . While we were yet powerless (no faith) he gave us his understanding as ears to hear .

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
LOL

I have given you straight answers with scripture as a reference source.. You the one that dances around the parables declassifying them as non gospel . literalizing the signified tongue of God.

Some do work to make eternal God who is Spirit into a man ? I serve a different Good Teaching Master .The one the Son of man Jesus served.

Why do you respond with irrelevant and voluminous bafflegab? learn what it means that without parables Christ spoke not .Then having established that foundation of faith ( prophecy) through various manners. We can move forward.

Mark 10:16-18 King James Version (KJV)And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.
him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Which Good Teaching Master will you serve today ? The philosophies of men? Or the perfect seal of God law that works in men called the gospel.?

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

God is not a man . No power coming from the corrupted flesh of Jesus . While we were yet powerless (no faith) he gave us his understanding as ears to hear .
Now you're saying Jesus ''without spot or blemish'' was corrupted ? lolol

Mar 28, 2016
Now you're saying Jesus ''without spot or blemish'' was corrupted ? lolol
Amen. . .Yet without sin,

Not His Spirit ''without spot or blemish' that power worked in the Son of man to both will and strengthen Jesus to do the unseen will of God. . but his corrupted body he inherited from his mother. It profited for nothing zero. . Same corrupted flesh and blood that came from Eve. (powerless)

His body according the the promised denonstration must be signified as if it was sinful flesh .In that way the demonstration of faith . . .mankind crying out for spiritual strength will continue to the end. Jesus a prophet set the example how to cry out in our anxieties longing to be clothed with the incorruptible .

The question is when he comes on the last day will he find faith or will experience . . walking after the temporal be the new gods in the likeness of men ?

Romans 8:2-4 King James Version (KJV)For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Again the power of God that works in us to do the the things seen weak flesh could not do. Having no power to perform. Not being yoked with Christ. .

If no flesh signified as sinful. Then no power to demonstrate the unseen work of God .The father and Son working. One work of faith. Men deny both if they deny one.. Can't have one without the other .

God's Love in us . The binding power of marriage according to the gospel of peace. .

acts5_29

Apr 17, 2020
Hopefully this should make it clearer:

The reason why some people thought Michael was Jesus is because of Michael's name in Hebrew. Michael = "who is like God?" Mi=who, cha=like, El=Elohim.

Well...who IS like God? Only Jesus. Only Jesus is like God. Therefore, Michael is Jesus.

Two places where that logic breaks down. I will go over one: the book of Micah. Micah's original name in Hebrew is Michayah, which we shortened to "Micah". What does the name Michayah mean in Hebrew? Mi=who, cha=like, Yah=Yahweh.

Conclusion: Jesus wrote the book of Micah. [which is obviously specious reasoning]

acts5_29

Apr 17, 2020
But usually that's not how the name "God" appears in the Masoretic Texts. Usually it's just "yod yod", which looks like quotes, or what we use in English as a "ditto" symbol, i.e. ''. As we know, Hebrews reverently treated Yahweh as "the name that shall not be named," so this is what they did. When Jews read the text out loud, they use "Adonai", or "Lord". Which is referring to God's rank, rather than His name.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
''My Lord and my God''

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
LOL

Changing the subject is one form of dancing around.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Keep following.
It is not improper for anyone to share learning fromt he Word without having to quote chapter and verse. After all my Savior did not recite chapter and verse rather would way simply the words He had to say in reference to the Word. Oh, Right! He is the Word.

As far as the comment icons you have selected, it is my considered opinion these two last ones should not even be an options. I would not use either, however I see you do not mind at all.
I wish there was an icon like this... ???

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Faith that comes from hearing God who is not a man is not something to play with. But rather to believe God by and through as he works in the creature like Jesus to both will and do the good pleasure of God. .

We must not deceive the young Christian to believe that God is a man.
Do you believe Jesus is...

1. Fully God/fully man?
or
2. Michael the Archangel?

Just state 1 or 2 and not a bunch of blather. Thanks.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
''My Lord and my God''
Looks interesting. Can you explain the stick figures with the saying, 'Behold, the Nail, Behold, the Hand? Or are those 'stick figures' Ancient Hebrew script?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
If Jesus isn't Michael the archangel, could someone (or maybe more than one person) explain why?
This sounds like JW jargon. Jesus is Jesus and Michael is Michael. Are you JW?