Jesus did not die for all mankind

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AnandaHya

Hehe. Not too much really, as I believe these are things indeed relating to eternity, about which we know not much at this side of same. I believe these issues is not for us to know all about. But what we can know about them is they are a reality.. I don't hence toss in any "interpretations" on Romans 8 and 9 that would appeal to logic or reason, I rather let these scriptures speak for themselves. My personal position on the matter is single predestination. As said, I believe that there is a difference as how to God deals with His people in contrast to those who are not His people.

The Bondage of the Will <- link
"single predestination"?

lol ok that will be my new theological term of the day.

now to read the article and try and figure out what it means.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
"single predestination"?

lol ok that will be my new theological term of the day.

now to read the article and try and figure out what it means.
You mean you never heard it before? Second time it happened here. I assumed most frequent posters here would know the term well.

It is, in short, the mainly lutheran view of predestination, which differs from the view of double predestination, held by many calvinists.

Predestination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <- link

Double Or Nothing: Martin Luther's Doctrine of Predestination by Brian G. Mattson <- link

What Did Luther Believe About Predestination? <- link

Luther and Predestination - The Wittenberg Trail <- link

Erasmus, Luther, and Calvin on Free Will and Predestination <- link

A

AnandaHya

You mean you never heard it before? Second time it happened here. I assumed most frequent posters here would know the term well.

It is, in short, the mainly lutheran view of predestination, which differs from the view of double predestination, held by many calvinists.

Predestination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <- link

Double Or Nothing: Martin Luther's Doctrine of Predestination by Brian G. Mattson <- link

What Did Luther Believe About Predestination? <- link

Luther and Predestination - The Wittenberg Trail <- link

Erasmus, Luther, and Calvin on Free Will and Predestination <- link
nah I just started studying the early church fathers since I joined the site earlier this year.

Before that I just read the Bible, prayed and went to church and Bible studies but didn't spend that much time in theology. At least not reformed Christian theology. I had exposure to liberal post modern Christian theology (the kind where you can have Christian witches, homosexual bishops, and Christian who say that they get more life advice from the Buddhist sutras then the Bible), new Age theology, Charismatic theology and such. Though in my heart I was troubled by their teachings, since they were my elders in the faith (in that I was newly converted and they claimed to be Christians for many years and claim to have a clearer understanding of the Bible) I kept quiet and study and pray.

Now I study because of my children for I would have them taught Truth and not lies, even though they are only 6 and 3 years old. I figured it will take a few years to sort it all out with the help of the Holy Spirit.

S

See_KING_Truth

Yes, there are God's elect: 144,000--12,000 from each of the twelve tribes of Israel, but don't forget the multitude that no man can number that have made it through the great tribulation washed clean in the blood of the Lamb.

Revelation 7 KJV
9After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

10And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
11And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
12Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
13And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? 14And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

If it is a multitude that no man can number it has to be at least millions and millions, if not billions.

S

See_KING_Truth

However there will be a day when creation will be as it should be and lion will lay down with lambs and eat veggies instead of each other as it stated in Genesis. obviously we aren't there yet.

can you imagine a world where snakes aren't posionous, No death, disease, famine, etc?
I soooo look forward to this.

Oct 12, 2011
The Lion did lay down with The Lamb.
Did you miss it?

He is The Lion of The Tribe of Judah
He is The Lamb slain from before the foundation
of the World. He is both.

This happened on the Cross.
And they both laid down together in Death.

Although that is not written, yet it did happen .