Jesus Fulfilled the Law. But What Does That Mean?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
Aaron56 please consider the passages below;
1Jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Obeying the commandments frees from sin not the reverse!;
Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, thenare ye my disciples indeed;
Joh 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Joh 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
Joh 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
Joh 8:35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
Joh 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

As you know sin is defined as breaking the commandments, it is why they were given in the first place. Our Holy Father in Heaven wants his children to be Holy and sin no more. The penalty Jesus paid with his own blood, but does this mean we let go the goodness of the law?

1Pe 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
1Pe 1:14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
1Pe 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
1Pe 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

I could go on and on but your mind seems to be made up about the commandments.

Blessings brother.
De. Mon. Ic.

There is healing for what happened to you in your formative years if you seek it out.

Grace911

Nov 11, 2018
you have

You have been deceived and believed a lie. No need to answer back.
Yes, it is not you ThyKingdomComeSoon who is Demonic. It is the teaching that they have inherited and been taught with misconstrued verses.

Jeremiah 16:19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.

ThyKingdomComeSoon

Apr 1, 2023
Yes, it is not you ThyKingdomComeSoon who is Demonic. It is the teaching that they have inherited and been taught with misconstrued verses.

Jeremiah 16:19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.
Thank you for this verse. I realized when i researched for this thread how accurate and precise the prophecy of Jeremiah are they are also pointing to the end days for which we are at the beginning. Jeremiah is truly a great prophet inspired by GOD, I have to study Jeremiah and Isaiah more closely. I have new threads to prepare on the kingdom of GOD, it is coming soon within a few years I think, I am researching this also .

Blessings.

Grace911

Nov 11, 2018
Thank you for this verse. I realized when i researched for this thread how accurate and precise the prophecy of Jeremiah are they are also pointing to the end days for which we are at the beginning. Jeremiah is truly a great prophet inspired by GOD, I have to study Jeremiah and Isaiah more closely. I have new threads to prepare on the kingdom of GOD, it is coming soon within a few years I think, I am researching this also .

Blessings.
Yes, I believe soon. The countdown clock ticking starting with Abomination of Desolation? Not sure, but, yes, soon.

May 24, 2023
It's twofold. On one hand Jesus fulfills the Law's commandments and ordinances because he is the only person that ever kept the Law and never even committed even the small sins. On the other hand the Law is much more than just commandments and ordinances, though it is that too, but it also contains blessings and curses and the fullness of destiny. Jesus'birth to the virgin, life and ministry as recorded in the four canonical Gospels, crucifixion for the sins of mankind, resurrection by the promise of God, ascent into heaven, promised return to destroy the corrupt Earth and the Devil's kingdom, and role as judge over all that ever lived and institute the eternal Kingdom of God contains all the totality of the fulfilment of the deeper issues, promises, and prophecies recorded in all the Law and Kings of Judah and the Prophets. PRAISE JESUS!

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Grace is probably a hard estate to live in because we have so few examples to emulate.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
you have

You have been deceived and believed a lie. No need to answer back.
Really? Bold statement backed up with nothing no offense. Yes yes you posted a bunch of scriptures before (praise GOD for His word) but this is done almost every day here and other Christian forums. Many and I can say many do it because they are trying to share their truth. when someone tells me what GOD CHRIST the sweet sweet holy spirit was really saying.. Praise GOD.. I disagree sometimes share why but what we see in others as in how do you talk to a wall.. sometimes we are being the wall.

He and others are not deceived that is not something you would know. If they said Christ was not the messiah didn't come in the flesh you can say you are deceived. If someone says I have no sin.. you deceive your self and the truth is not in you.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
[QUOTE="Nehemiah6, post: 5123859, member: 258921]
"the day christ was crucified, the Law came to an end. Thus Paul said that "Christ is the end of the Law for righteousness".[/QUOTE]

Some good posts, i like the article by winston, that thykingdomcomesoon. I think that would be easier typed TKCS 🤔🤣.

I liked your post aswell Nehemiah, but this last bit puzzled me. "the day christ was crucified, the Law came to an end. Thus Paul said that "Christ is the end of the Law for righteousness"

I would take that to mean we stand before God as declared to be just (right) in Christ. And not by any means or merit of our own doing. Paul is contrasting those in verse 3b (seeking to establish their own (justification by works) , they did not submit to God's righteousness.

I would say the (moral) law is still in effect, as there is no longer any need for temple/priestly laws, nor, societal laws as bith are gone. And we are now one family jew and gentile in Christ. So there is a definate disconiuation with New from the Old but also a continuation in part as regards to. Moral law and faitj.

We also fulfill the law if we also follow christs teachings that we love the lord with all our heart, might and strength and. Love our neighnour as ourselves as that is the essence and full meaning of the moral law.

I agree with most of your post, and if you mean the law has come an end in the sense of justification then i agree with all your post.

What are your thoughts.. Or anyone else for that matter, be intereating to hear and learn.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
It’s clear: if one puts a veil over their own face, having once been veil-free in Christ, there is little that can dislodge the one from his place. I’m out of this thread.

ThyKingdomComeSoon

Apr 1, 2023
Really? Bold statement backed up with nothing no offense. Yes yes you posted a bunch of scriptures before (praise GOD for His word) but this is done almost every day here and other Christian forums. Many and I can say many do it because they are trying to share their truth. when someone tells me what GOD CHRIST the sweet sweet holy spirit was really saying.. Praise GOD.. I disagree sometimes share why but what we see in others as in how do you talk to a wall.. sometimes we are being the wall.

He and others are not deceived that is not something you would know. If they said Christ was not the messiah didn't come in the flesh you can say you are deceived. If someone says I have no sin.. you deceive your self and the truth is not in you.
No offence? demonic in 3 different posts, he calls demonic the words of Jesus! that I quoted see his post 81. Blasphemy! Also know there is only one GOD and One truth! The words of Jesus the son of GOD, the messiah, are true!

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I don't often speak so plainly about certain doctrines but...

The idea that the Law, including the 10 Commandments, is our guide for living is demonic.

Those in bondage to sin are led by the Law. They are slaves to death and sin.

Sons are led by the Spirit of God. They are slaves to Christ.
It is true that Christ gave us spiritual law, and it is true that cutting flesh or regulating diet does not, and never has, been completely obeying the law. They were like the schoolmasters, leading stdents to the school of the law. Christ put the law in our hearts, we need to follow Christ, we no longer should be led by the schoolmaster.

BUT! To say that when God gave us the ten commandments as written instructions for living is God leading us in demonic ways IS demonic. God breathed the 119th Psalm, it is truth telling us it is good to be led by the Lord.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
1Jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, thenare ye my disciples indeed;
Joh 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
Joh 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
Joh 8:35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

As you know sin is defined as breaking the commandments, it is why they were given in the first place. Our Holy Father in Heaven wants his children to be Holy and sin no more. The penalty Jesus paid with his own blood, but does this mean we let go the goodness of the law?

1Pe 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
1Pe 1:14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
1Pe 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

Blessings brother.

Blessings brother.
A perfect example of cherry picking verses to support an interpretation.

Now what commandments is John referring to in his first letter?

John actually quotes the two commandments in his first letter.

1 John 3:23-24
This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Tell me, are these are not the two new covenant commandments?

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
No offence? demonic in 3 different posts, he calls demonic the words of Jesus! that I quoted see his post 81. Blasphemy! Also know there is only one GOD and One truth! The words of Jesus the son of GOD, the messiah, are true!
You keep mentioning the ten commandments to the neglect of the rest of the law.

Exodus 22:22
You shall not oppress any widow or orphan.

You neglected one of the more important laws.

I think your interpretation is erroneous.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I do not see anything more or less than sharing understanding and quotes fsrom the Word? I see it fro you both, but Jesus is the Authority always.
He teaches clearly in the quotes from Matthew.
It is very important to keep in mind always that the spirit of apostasy was already present at the time of the Twelve Apostles and Paul.
All too many people believe that Moses made up the law, this is not so, otherwise his writings should not be included in God'[s Word. He simply wrote them down.
There had been rabbinical corruption by the time of our Lord's first advent, however our blessd Savior made clear in His teachings how they are to be observed. It is all in the book. Obeying God is not a burden, no, it is a delight.

ThyKingdomComeSoon

Apr 1, 2023
You keep mentioning the ten commandments to the neglect of the rest of the law.

Exodus 22:22
You shall not oppress any widow or orphan.

You neglected one of the more important laws.

I think your interpretation is erroneous.
When you tell me you believe in the 10 commandments that they are still in effect, I may discuss the rest with you but not now, there is no point.

Peace.

ThyKingdomComeSoon

Apr 1, 2023
A perfect example of cherry picking verses to support an interpretation.

Now what commandments is John referring to in his first letter?

John actually quotes the two commandments in his first letter.

1 John 3:23-24
This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Tell me, are these are not the two new covenant commandments?
I do not cherry pick but quote what comes to mind in the proper context, also I do not interpret scriptures that are crystal clear ( the words of Jesus the son of GOD the Almighty )

Peace.

Ted01

May 14, 2022
How many brides will Jesus have? Wouldn't that make the bridegroom a polygamist?
My point was that it seems that you keep trying to highlight the importance of Jews. Many people take pride in their heritage... nothing wrong with that.

But Jesus has only one bride and that's the Church.

Gal. 3:28 (ESV)
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

I wish that you could try to understand that.