Jesus Fully God and Fully man - Chalcedon

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Blackpowderduelist

So we should use the pagan church as a guide as to how we should interpret scripture?

Say it is not so

The jews tried this form of interpretation and it led them to crucify Christ.
Did I say pagan? No I did not. Or are you suggesting that the church of the first second and third century had given way and became pagan as such that there was no true church?

B

Blackpowderduelist

I have went through the lineage after the Apostles, their own Disciples, and fully feel if John trusted Polycarp-Irenaeus-Papias then we should as well. I firmly believe that [core] turning at the turn of the 1st Century was smoking hot on Fire for God as we see John the Beloved as Bishop of the Church of Ephesus and Polycarp-Ireneaus-Papias in roles that I call the associate Pastors.

In my opinion, Christ ensured John would survive till just after the 1st Century so he and his Disciples would be teaching the hardcore Gospel of Christ. And to claim [[they were PAGAN]] just shows the TRUE IGNORANCE of today's minds!
Exactly. Further more if they had become pagan before the canonization of the bible, then what does that say about the canon that we call the Bible? People are just too ignorant to understand the consequences of their claims.

E

eternally-gratefull

No, the Jews knew the Tanakh like the back of their hand. Personally, I think God sent a [Delusion], much like He has in these latter and final days, where the jews could not recognize Yeshua as the Messiah. They accused Yeshua of Treason! Which they claimed Yeshua equaled Himself to God.

Now, You and I hopefully, after hearing Yeshua teach, perform Miracles, and can testify His character was a good and Godly one. But then again, If Yeshua came today, I doubt any of us would've accepted Him similar to the Jews of His day.
Their issue was they thought they were righteous by the law. Because they listened to their fathers who told them this, taking the law out of context

E

eternally-gratefull

Did I say pagan? No I did not. Or are you suggesting that the church of the first second and third century had given way and became pagan as such that there was no true church?
No, I do not look To church history, I think we have adequate proof the Roman church burned records of any theology in which they did not agree with,

you should do the same those in charge write history, look how history today is being changed in front of our eyes.

E

eternally-gratefull

Exactly. Further more if they had become pagan before the canonization of the bible, then what does that say about the canon that we call the Bible? People are just too ignorant to understand the consequences of their claims.
Actually the Bible was considered the bible long before anyone canonized it. I did not need men outside the Bible to tell me what books belonged,

B

Blackpowderduelist

Actually the Bible was considered the bible long before anyone canonized it. I did not need men outside the Bible to tell me what books belonged,
So you did your own canon? Or you accept the canon given, or you modify the canon given?

B

Blackpowderduelist

No, I do not look To church history, I think we have adequate proof the Roman church burned records of any theology in which they did not agree with,

you should do the same those in charge write history, look how history today is being changed in front of our eyes.
When?

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Wacky, fringe ideas abound in our day but that aside, perhaps your standards are too stringent?
Or you may be misjudging people?

To say there is not one teaching the truth is a bit extreme.
I see. Would you feel better if I were to lie and say otherwise?

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Then how can anyone be saved?
All people are fantastic at understanding the Purpose of Christ, but few recognize the Effectual Work of Christ. The Core of the Gospel, which I have never heard one person preach thereof, is Colossians 2:9-15.

Let me make this 100% perfectly clear - In order to receive Eternal Life, a person MUST have their Heart Circumcised by Christ. Why do people not adhere to these Seven Perfect Verses? Because if they did, they'd realize that their out-of-control sin will prove that they are not saved. Anyone with a Circumcised Heart will be exactly as Abraham . . . to walk blamelessly before the Lord.

The Bible is clear: We MUST possess the Faith of Abraham, and that Faith comes by way of a Circumcised Heart, which is the simple lifting of the Curse that was instituted from the Garden of Eden.

To understand the Gospel, we must know both the Purpose of Christ and the Work of Christ, which is the only Work that saves souls.

Colossians 2:9-15 KJV - "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: 11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with [him] through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15 [And] having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it."

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Really? Then perhaps your understanding of the "actual Gospel" might be flawed. So why don't you lay out your "actual Gospel" clearly and with supporting Scriptures?
Why does my comment surprise you? Shouldn't my comment be viewed in light of the word, "Remnant"?

E

eternally-gratefull

If you want to talk to me about dispensationalsim, used the word of God, not what so called church history told you, the Bible is inspired, what some man 100 years later said is not,

do you want to be serious or just waste my time?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Really? I don't know of anyone that teaches the Truth . . . the actual Gospel of Jesus Christ. I mean it . . . not one person.
Do you include yourself in that assessment? Or are you the sole exception? :unsure:

Seriously curious about comments like this...

E

eternally-gratefull

All people are fantastic at understanding the Purpose of Christ, but few recognize the Effectual Work of Christ. The Core of the Gospel, which I have never heard one person preach thereof, is Colossians 2:9-15.

Let me make this 100% perfectly clear - In order to receive Eternal Life, a person MUST have their Heart Circumcised by Christ. Why do people not adhere to these Seven Perfect Verses? Because if they did, they'd realize that their out-of-control sin will prove that they are not saved. Anyone with a Circumcised Heart will be exactly as Abraham . . . to walk blamelessly before the Lord.

The Bible is clear: We MUST possess the Faith of Abraham, and that Faith comes by way of a Circumcised Heart, which is the simple lifting of the Curse that was instituted from the Garden of Eden.

To understand the Gospel, we must know both the Purpose of Christ and the Work of Christ, which is the only Work that saves souls.

Colossians 2:9-15 KJV - "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: 11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with [him] through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15 [And] having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it."
Abraham blameless?

let’s see,

he had sex with his maid, not only in lack of faith to God in keeping his promise, but in adultry so we have two prety grave sins, that grave sin has caused a war so deep it is even here today

he failed to trust God and called his wife his sister because he was afraid of a king.

face it man, if no one knows the true gospel. No one is saved,

I was circumcised because I had faith in God, a d was baptized by his spirit (col 2, with rom 6 and 1 cor 12) where I received the washing of regeneration of the Holy Spirit (titus 3) not because I walk blameless,

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Do you include yourself in that assessment? Or are you the sole exception? :unsure:

Seriously curious about comments like this...
My comment shouldn't surprise you. Two things:

1. I said that I [haven't met] anyone that teaches the Truth. What's wrong with that?
2. My comment falls in line, perfect, with the Biblical Truth of the Remnant. Look at how Israel was sifted down to a very small number, especially after being brought back from Babylon. The Vine of True Jews is very, very, very small.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
My comment shouldn't surprise you. Two things:

1. I said that I [haven't met] anyone that teaches the Truth. What's wrong with that?
2. My comment falls in line, perfect, with the Biblical Truth of the Remnant. Look at how Israel was sifted down to a very small number, especially after being brought back from Babylon. The Vine of True Jews is very, very, very small.
I did not say I am surprised... I said I was curious about your statement.

If absolutely nobody teaches the Truth, that would necessarily include you.

Though you did not answer the question.

Which does not surprise me.

Please do not take this as a personal attack.

It is just an observation and coming to a logical conclusion.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Abraham blameless?

let’s see,

he had sex with his maid, not only in lack of faith to God in keeping his promise, but in adultery so we have two pretty grave sins, that grave sin has caused a war so deep it is even here today

he failed to trust God and called his wife his sister because he was afraid of a king.

face it man, if no one knows the true gospel. No one is saved,

I was circumcised because I had faith in God, a d was baptized by his spirit (col 2, with rom 6 and 1 cor 12) where I received the washing of regeneration of the Holy Spirit (Titus 3) not because I walk blameless,
Awww . . . I would have figured that you'd understand. Abraham's Heart was Circumcised by Christ . . . a Spiritual Circumcision. This Circumcision is what separates a person from any worldly Laws, for a person who is in Christ is not judged by worldly Laws, but by Spiritual Laws. This is how we are to view Abraham as blameless, for as Paul taught, where there is no Law, there is no Transgression. Abraham was set apart from the Law . . . that is the only way to be viewed as "blameless."

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
I did not say I am surprised... I said I was curious about your statement.

If absolutely nobody teaches the Truth, that would necessarily include you.

Though you did not answer the question.

Which does not surprise me.
Again . . . you have misunderstood me, though after I made myself very clear. I did not say that "absolutely nobody teaches the Truth." You said that I said that . . . but I didn't say that.

This surprises me.

Oct 19, 2020
Just a quick observation here:

We are [given], we do not posses Faith from just being born into this life, God gives each one of us a [MEASURE] of Faith.
If my Faith Measure happens to be greater/less than Abraham's, how is it possible [to ever] posses the same Faith as Abraham?
Now, if we're only using the [SAME MEASURE] to view and accept God to believe in God, then I agree.
But if we're discussing that we believe everyone was given the [SAME MEASURE] of Faith, then i 100% disagree!

E

eternally-gratefull

Awww . . . I would have figured that you'd understand. Abraham's Heart was Circumcised by Christ . . . a Spiritual Circumcision. This Circumcision is what separates a person from any worldly Laws, for a person who is in Christ is not judged by worldly Laws, but by Spiritual Laws. This is how we are to view Abraham as blameless, for as Paul taught, where there is no Law, there is no Transgression. Abraham was set apart from the Law . . . that is the only way to be viewed as "blameless."
well you could have said that to begin with. You should no assume people just understand what you mean.