Jesus is not coming back. He already did in 70 A.D.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
The resurrection, judgment and new heavens and earth happened in 70 A.D. Let me try and see if this helps:

Daniel 12: 1, "At that time Michael shall stand up, The great prince who stands watch over the sons of your people; And there shall be a time of trouble, Such as never was since there was a nation, Even to that time. And at that time your people shall be delivered, Every one who is found written in the book." The sister verse to Daniel 12: 1 is Matthew 24: 21.

Matt 24: 21, "For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be."

We know that this is restricted to 70 A.D. Matt 24: 21 comes before verse 34 and Daniel 12: 1 says "At that time" which is during the end of Daniel's 70 weeks which is also 70 A.D. This is all about Daniel's people, the Jews.

Daniel 12: 2 is the resurrection from the dead and if you look at the context of Daniel 11 and 12 this happens in the first century during the 4th kingdom of the Romans. It happens in 70 A.D. It cannot happen at the alleged "end of the world".

All of Matthew 24 and 25 is talking about 70 A.D. All of Revelation was fulfilled in 70 A.D. 7 times in the prologue and epilogue of the book in Rev 1: 1, 3 and Rev 22: 6,7,10,12 and 20 Jesus says that He is coming soon.

Revelation is about 2 brides. One is a harlot - Mystery Babylon aka Jerusalem - and the other is the Lamb's wife.
I disagree all of Revelation was not fulfilled in AD70. The NT as a whole teaches a resurrection of the dead which is not
just a spiritualised resurrection. Jesus clearly states in his parables that there will be one. He made it clear to Martha in the death and resurrection of Lazarus that there would be one on the last day. Revelation speaks of a new heaven and earth. Peter confirms
it in his letters. I am not minimising the events of AD70 but they are not the full picture. Full Preterism is the opposite extreme to
Futurism neither position allows for any acknowledgement of the other.

Feb 6, 2019
I disagree all of Revelation was not fulfilled in AD70. The NT as a whole teaches a resurrection of the dead which is not
just a spiritualised resurrection. Jesus clearly states in his parables that there will be one. He made it clear to Martha in the death and resurrection of Lazarus that there would be one on the last day. Revelation speaks of a new heaven and earth. Peter confirms
it in his letters. I am not minimising the events of AD70 but they are not the full picture. Full Preterism is the opposite extreme to
Futurism neither position allows for any acknowledgement of the other.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Bible hub?

God destroys the wicked, son of righteousness wins , I get it
Generation does not mean contemporaries. You need to look up what generation means in the dictionary. When Noah is called by God righteous in all his generations Hes meaning offspring.

You are mixing up with thinking generation means 'peers'.
The Disciples didn't have Dictionaries. Jesus used the same word meaning the present Generation in other places where the context clearly shows that he meant those that he was talking to. Imposing an interpretation on text to justify a position doesn't make the
position correct.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
According to the Bible, Jesus' second coming was in 70 A.D. Here is a few Scriptures in support of this:

Matt 16: 27-28, "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.
Hello Roku23,

And where do we have the proof of Jesus return? Why isn't He still here? When did we see His angels gather anyone and when was anyone rewarded?

Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”
Those "standing here who shall not taste death" were Peter, John and James. This prophecy was fulfilled a week after Jesus said this when He took them up on a high mountain where Jesus was transformed into His glorified state. This is what He was referring to when He said, "till they see the Son of Man coming in His glory" and not the end of the age.

Matt 24: 30-31, "Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. " This is the Olivet Discourse and in verse 34 it says "ALL these things will come upon this generation" Not some things but ALL these signs will come upon this generation.
The "this generation" that Jesus was referring to is the one where all of those signs take place that He mentions throughout Matt.24. The fact is that, none of those things have taken place. First, the church would have to have been removed from the earth, the antichrist would have had to have been revealed, the wrath of God would have had to have taken place via the seals, trumpets and bowl judgments and so many other things would have had to have taken place before the Lord can return to the earth to end the age.

Matt 10: 23, "17 But beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils and scourge you in their synagogues. You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles. But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak; for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you. “Now brother will deliver up brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death. And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved. When they persecute you in this city, flee to another. 23 For assuredly, I say to you, you will not have gone through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.
Obviously, the Son of Man has not yet returned, because if He did return in 70AD, we would have already gone through the millennial kingdom and the new heaven, new earth and new Jerusalem would already be here and would be in our immortal and glorified bodies.

I have many more Scriptures I can provide if anyone is interested in discussing this. God bless.
None of the scriptures above have proven anything, only that those events must still take place. You basically posted scriptures without showing any literal fulfillment of them.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Everything you just quoted is from Matthew 24 and before verse 34 when Jesus says ALL these things will happen to this generation. His contemporaries.

The Greek word for earth is "Ges". It can be equally translated as land. In this case the land of Israel. They were weeping because they saw Jesus coming in judgment to destroy them for rejecting Him.
Your error is that, when Jesus returns, He's coming to stay, not to leave again.

Matt.24 is in reference to Jesus' return to the earth to end the age. Leading up to His return will be all of the signs that He mentions prior to Matt.24:30-31.

When Jesus does return, Armageddon will be taking place where all of the kings of nations and their armies will be gathered together where they will be wiped out! Then the beast and the false prophet (when haven't even been revealed yet), will be capture and thrown alive into the lake of fire (Rev.19:20). In the same time frame, a mighty angel having the key to the Abyss will seize Satan and throw him into the Abyss and seal him in for a thousand years.

You have zero fulfillment for any of these events.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
I apologize for the confusion and if it doesn't make sense to you. What I am saying is that Jesus promised to come back in His generation and He did in 70 A.D. He kept His promise. The kingdom of God was established when He returned with it in 70 A.D.
When Jesus said "this generation" He wasn't referring to the generation that He was living in, but the one where all of those signs take place. Below is the scripture in question:

"Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its branches become tender and sprout leaves, you know that summer is near. So also, when you see all these things, you will know that He is near, right at the door. Truly I tell you, this generation (the one where those signs take place) will not pass away until all these things have happened."

Branches begin to blossom = Summer is near

When you see all these signs = The end of the age is near

You are simply, repeating what you have read of Amillennialism/preterism.

In order to make your claim, you have to be able to show the proof of what those scriptures are saying.

"Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him—even those who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. So shall it be! Amen. " - Rev.1:7

The world has not yet experienced the every eye seeing Him, much less all of the events which must take place leading up to His return.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Matt 5: 17-18, "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to FULFILL. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled."

This verse is telling you that not even the tiniest bit of the law can pass away until all things that are written in the law and prophets are fulfilled. Now let us look at these verses:
You need to do your own studies and stop just repeating these false teachings!

Jesus did indeed fulfill all that the prophets had written about Him. And He also met the righteous requirements of the law, fulfilling it completely and fully and that on every believers behalf. If you think that when Jesus said that "not the smallest bit of the law would pass away" meant that human beings would fulfill it completely, you are gravely mistaken, as no has or ever will be able to keep the law perfectly, which is why Jesus came and did what we couldn't do.

You don't to be concerned about word studies here, for this is a matter of recorded proof, of which you have provided none. You just continue to post scriptures and then say "See!" Below is a list off the top of my head of events that must take place prior to the Lord's return to end the age:

Jesus will appear and take His Church back to the Father's house

Antichrist, who is represented by the first seal rider on the white horse must be revealed and which begins God's wrath

The seals, trumpets and bowl judgments will continue throughout the entire seven years leading up to Christ's return

The antichrist/beast stops the daily sacrifices and offerings and sets up the abomination

The desolation takes place where the woman/Israel flees out into the desert where she is cared for during the last 3 1/2 years of the seven year period

The antichrist/beast is given power to make war and to conquer the great tribulation saints during that last 3 1/2 years

The mark of the beast becomes the only valid way to buy or sell from the middle of the seven years to the end

Sometime after the seventh bowl has been poured out, Jesus returns to the earth to end the age and the church with him riding on white horses - Rev.19:6-8, 14

Armageddon takes place where the kings and their armies are killed by that double-edged sword

The beast and the false prophet are captured and thrown alive into the lake of fire - Rev.19:20

Satan is seized and thrown into the Abyss and sealed in for a thousand years

Millennial kingdom

Nov 26, 2012
According to the Bible, Jesus' second coming was in 70 A.D. Here is a few Scriptures in support of this:

Matt 16: 27-28, "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”

Matt 24: 30-31, "Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. " This is the Olivet Discourse and in verse 34 it says "ALL these things will come upon this generation" Not some things but ALL these signs will come upon this generation.

Matt 10: 23, "17 But beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils and scourge you in their synagogues. You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles. But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak; for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you. “Now brother will deliver up brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death. And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved. When they persecute you in this city, flee to another. 23 For assuredly, I say to you, you will not have gone through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

I have many more Scriptures I can provide if anyone is interested in discussing this. God bless.
You are just wrong. Too many points to consider. So He came back and....failed? What was the mark of the beast? No record of the prophets returning then dying, being left in street and getting up again. Where’s the lake of fire located?

SIMON55

Feb 15, 2019
MO,OK,AR
That is something Historicists teach with their "day for a year" principle. It is not biblical.

The Olivet Discourse is in Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21. In Mark and Luke you can see that the disciples ask Jesus 2 specific questions. When will the temple be torn down and what is the sign it is about to happen. It is also the same 2 questions in Matthew but people think there are 3 questions there because Matthew words it differently but it is the same. The Jewish age "the end of the age" happened in 70 A.D. at the same time Jerusalem was destroyed and the temple was torn down and Daniel's 70 weeks ended.

Matt 16: 27-28 limit "this generation" to Jesus' contemporaries. If Jesus wasn't talking about His generation then He was lying to the disciples and deceiving them since they asked about when the destruction of the temple would take place. I don't think either one of us think Jesus was lying or trying to deceive the disciples.
It most certainly is biblical there is like 10 verses throughout the bible including the 40 yrs wandering in the desert with Moses .!
Better learn to. start searching the scripture before FALSELY claiming something is unbiblical
You must also mistakenly think the rod of iron that Jesus is now ruling with is a wet noodle. And the Glorious Kingdom of Heaven is postage stamp sized Vatican city.
That is most appropriate and
HILARIOUS !
Nailed it !

S

SpoonJuly

Matt 16: 27-28, "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”

I have no idea how people can believe such stupid things.
You need to throw away any material that teaches this, stop watching vidios that teach this, and avoid any teachers that teach this.
It is obvious that you and those you are influenced by have zero understanding of Scripture.

Your post is not worthy of any farther discussion.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Less gooooo!

The preterist gimmick again.

Lets apply the scientific method and test the preterist theory:

Revelation 21 says there are no more tears and no more death in the new heaven and new earth. Do you know anyone who has died recently? That puts a dent in your theory now doesnt it? Try reading preterist literature and remain serious, you cant avoid but to shed a couple of tears, that debunks your theory now doesnt it?

Full-preterism is a WICKED heresy! If you believe there is no more resurrection for us living today, you are not even saved, sad to say. There will be a resurrection in the future, coming up one of these days.
Jesus makes it clear that when He returns, there are no ifs buts and debates about it. Nobody is going to sit around thinking "did He return? Is He there in the chambers?" NO! Everyone will notice! Dont let the full-preterist lie to you!

Noose

Apr 18, 2016

You assert but fail to draw any connection - the verses you quoted only confirmed that Jesus was to come soon but why did you choose 70AD?

Matt 24:6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. These things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.

According to Jesus, all these things including the 70AD things were only the beginning but the end was not yet even for that generation.

Matt 24:15So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination of desolation,’a described by the prophet Daniel (let the reader understand), ...

70 AD events are not the abomination that Daniel spoke of, the real abomination requires understanding and understanding requires wisdom; seeing an army physically destroy a city and a temple doesn't require anyone to have wisdom, does it?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I'm intrigued by this subject. I've been investigating the preterist perspective and, so far, have found a lot to commend it. I haven't come to any conclusions yet.

Frankly, I'm disgusted by the tone of responses so far. Are we as Christians incapable of discussing a position without attacking the person presenting it? Has nobody learned that ad hominem attacks and strawman arguments are meaningless? Have we utterly neglected Scripture which states, "To answer before listening--that is folly and shame" and "In a lawsuit the first to speak seems right, until someone comes forward and cross-examines" (Proverbs 18:13 and 17)?

Even if, having investigated the matter thoroughly, you still disagree, fine, but do so with respect.

Mar 28, 2016
The Greek word is "Genea" for generation. It is used 43 times in the New Testament. It never means a race of people. There is a different Greek word for that. Jesus uses the word generation, or the phrase "this generation", 25 times in the New Testament. He uses it 3 times in the 3 accounts of the Olivet Discourse so we won't count those since we are debating their meaning. The other 22 times Jesus uses the word for generation it always means His contemporaries. There are no exceptions.
The time of reformation has come. The use of Jewish flesh to be used as a shadow or types in the signified language, parables had come to a end.

The word generation simply means "beginning", its like the word "genesis". "This generation" spoken of in the new testament is limited to the genealogy of Christ in respect to the unseen seed, the gospel. The blessed generation.

Matthew 1 King James Version (KJV)
The book of "the generation of Jesus Christ", the son of David, the son of Abraham.

When it speaks of those who have no faith it is referred to below the generation of Adam, natural unconverted man also called the evil generation or adulteress generation.

It is not used in the new testament as the generation of the flesh the temporal (flesh give birth to flesh) but the generation of Christ those born of the Spirit of God the eternal .

Matthew 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

Luke 11:29 And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet.

K

kaylagrl

The Bible says "EVERY EYE SHALL SEE HIM" until that happens,it ain't happened. It's that simple folks.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I'm intrigued by this subject. I've been investigating the preterist perspective and, so far, have found a lot to commend it. I haven't come to any conclusions yet.

Frankly, I'm disgusted by the tone of responses so far. Are we as Christians incapable of discussing a position without attacking the person presenting it? Has nobody learned that ad hominem attacks and strawman arguments are meaningless? Have we utterly neglected Scripture which states, "To answer before listening--that is folly and shame" and "In a lawsuit the first to speak seems right, until someone comes forward and cross-examines" (Proverbs 18:13 and 17)?

Even if, having investigated the matter thoroughly, you still disagree, fine, but do so with respect.
The preterist view = an impotent Christ bereft of glory

Beyond that it simply does not resolve all of Scripure the way that a future pre-trib rapture does.

BTW....where is the Third Temple? Surely a blatant deficiency.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The preterist view = an impotent Christ bereft of glory

Beyond that it simply does not resolve all of Scripure the way that a future pre-trib rapture does.

BTW....where is the Third Temple? Surely a blatant deficiency.
Thanks, but I'll come to my own conclusions through examination of Scripture and evidence.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
That's correct - he came back in judgement at the head of the Roman armies.

Hebrews stated he would not tarry harry:

Heb 10:37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

The a little while means that his return was very near.

In the days of that event "Jerusalem compassed with armies" Jesus stated that all that was written would be fulfilled:

Luke 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

Luke 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

Peter stated that all the prophets foretold of the days THEY were living in.

Acts 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Thanks, but I'll come to my own conclusions through examination of Scripture and evidence.
Preterists are lacking a 3rd Temple and Abomination of Desolation. Sorry it doesn't meet the requirements of Scripture. Not even close. Frankly I find the view absurd to the extreme.