Jesus or Paul?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
So do you agree with the definition of the word repent I presented to you?
I will defer to Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, Tenth Edition. One of it's definitions is: To turn from sin and dedicate oneself to the amendment of one's life.

Dec 19, 2009
Well, if all scripture is valid and good for instruction, then it cannot contradict itself. If YOU see a contradiction, who do you think is mistaken?

I think you are creating a crisis where there is none.
I am stating you can't use Paul's words to nullify the words of Jesus.

Dec 19, 2009
Since Paul said what Jesus told him to say, how about just assuming whoever tells you that you don't have to repent is wrong?
Yes, I am assuming that. Without repentance, my life would be a mess.

Dec 12, 2013
Paul tells us we are not under the law, and people on this website use that to mean that repentance of our sin is not important. When Jesus tells us to repent, he is telling us to repent of our sin. Anything else wouldn’t make sense.
Actually the word repent means to change your mind and agree with God.......at it's root core meaning....

Dec 19, 2009
Actually, in that case, I think that is on you. I have seen many people say many things to you, but you rarely hear what they're saying before misinterpreting it.
But I have experienced the transformation that occurs when Jesus leads us to repent. When time after time people tell me I am wrong about the value of repentance, I feel I must defend my position.

Dec 12, 2013
We all try to do that. Paul was a great man but not on the level of Jesus.
You should learn to read....I never said he was on the level of JESUS....but will note the following...

a. He was taught by direct revelation from JESUS
b. Was inspired by the Holy Spirit to write what was written
c. Preached, taught and penned the word of GOD
d. Taught the things JESUS wanted to teach but the disciples were not yet ready

PAUL gave the words of JESUS....get over it...the words he penned were and are the words of GOD himself....end of story!

The ONLY exception found is when PAUL clearly states he speaks from his own view......maybe once or twice.....!

Dec 19, 2009
You should learn to read....I never said he was on the level of JESUS....but will note the following...

a. He was taught by direct revelation from JESUS
b. Was inspired by the Holy Spirit to write what was written
c. Preached, taught and penned the word of GOD
d. Taught the things JESUS wanted to teach but the disciples were not yet ready

PAUL gave the words of JESUS....get over it...the words he penned were and are the words of GOD himself....end of story!

The ONLY exception found is when PAUL clearly states he speaks from his own view......maybe once or twice.....!
I believe most of what Paul wrote was inspired by the Lord, but not this:

[33] For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,
[34] the women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says.
[35] If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.
[36] What! Did the word of God originate with you, or are you the only ones it has reached? 1 Cor 14:33-36 RSV

Embankment

Feb 28, 2017
The Savior told us to repent of our sin (Matt 4:17).
I would repent then.... Keep in mind that Jesus lived and taught under the old covenant. The same covenant that he fulfilled with his death and reserection.
We now live in a new covenant and under new rules. The apostles taught how we are to live in the new covanent that Jesus established.

Dec 19, 2009
I would repent then.... Keep in mind that Jesus lived and taught under the old covenant. The same covenant that he fulfilled with his death and reserection.
We now live in a new covenant and under new rules. The apostles taught how we are to live in the new covanent that Jesus established.
No. Jesus is our Lord. Obey his commandments.

Dec 19, 2009
[2] By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments.
[3] For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:2-3 RSV

Embankment

Feb 28, 2017
I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. 6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

FrankLee

Jun 30, 2016
The Gadarene demoniac found no place of argument or contention. He simply grabbed Jesus and wouldn't let go. Such was I, so glad to be found by Him I won't let go. If you're drowning you won't ask for the pedigree of the hand outstretched to you. Oh Lord be merciful to me a sinner!