Joel & Victoria Osteen: This Blew My Mind

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
Then he should have said that rather than what he did say..
He is a false accuser and you are not only a defender of that but also a gaslighter. We have no further conversation. Thank you. We are disfellowshipped.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I doubt if Jesus would disfellowship someone on the grounds you are. Then should we 'disfellowship' with everyone here who has a different view? That sounds like the enemy's plan.
Amen Divide and conquer

“Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us:

and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Nov 26, 2021
India
At one time, I too thought it was fairly cut and dried that "prosperity Gospel" was an error. However, further study showed me many Biblical verses in its favor. God does want to bless and prosper us, and this includes not only eternal and spiritual blessings, but also temporal and material blessings. As long as we are not greedy, but want to share our blessings with others (and how can we do that in the first place, if we don't have them, or don't believe God wants to give them to us), then there's nothing wrong with believe God is going to give you temporal blessings also, if you faithfully serve Him, love Him, obey Him and do His will (which includes blessings others with the blessings that God has blessed you with).

Deut 28:11: "The Lord will make you abound in prosperity, in the offspring of your body and in the offspring of your beast and in the produce of your ground, in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers to give you."

Deut 28:2 "All these blessings will come upon you and overtake you if you obey the Lord your God:

Prov 3:16: "Long life is in her right hand;
In her left hand are riches and honor."

oyster67

May 24, 2014
My sources clearly reveal that Paul did in fact doodle as he listened at the feet of Gamaliel.
Jesus taught all of them how to doodle.

John 8:6
“This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.”

Nov 26, 2021
India
Proverbs 10:22: "It is the blessing of the Lord that makes rich,
And He adds no sorrow to it."

Psalm 128:2 "When you shall eat of the fruit of your hands,
You will be happy and it will be well with you."

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
My sources clearly reveal that Paul did in fact doodle as he listened at the feet of Gamaliel.
I was as surprised to learn this as you were Oyster67. Apparently he was also quite the malfesant often found in detention cleaning erasers for shooting spitballs and once for putting a tack on the teacher's seat.

Nov 26, 2021
India
Psa 21:

"Praise for Deliverance.
1 For the choir director. A Psalm of David.
O Lord, in Your strength the king will be glad,
And in Your salvation how greatly he will rejoice!
You have given him his heart’s desire,
And You have not withheld the request of his lips. Selah.
For You meet him with the blessings of good things;
You set a crown of fine gold on his head.
He asked life of You,
You gave it to him,
Length of days forever and ever.
His glory is great through Your salvation,
Splendor and majesty You place upon him.
For You make him most blessed forever;
You make him joyful with gladness in Your presence"

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022

“This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.”
I had not even considered the Lord's example. How negligent of me. Glad you are here.

L

Locoponydirtman

1 John 4 states, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world." We should ask God to show us who truly is a man or woman of God, before we start following their teaching/preaching, and believing what they say and do. This includes anyone who is an evangelist, preacher, teacher, or friend for that matter. Satan will use anyone and anything he can in order to get us to fall away from our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. We need to be careful with this, and always pray on these things first, so we are not led down Satan's rabbit hole.
Of coarse pray, but we should be reading and studying scripture, this is His word to us, and the word reveals the phonies.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

“And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭31:18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Thou shalt not commit adultery.”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭20:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, they say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:3-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:6-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭51:4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last:

and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:9-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

how much would she now love Jesus she was just his word away from death and he would have been obeying Moses law but that’s not our Gods way

it’s wonderful How Jesus drives accusers away and stands alone with this sinner giving her a new life saving her from death required by the law

Its when we’re contrite , and left alone with Jesus we start to see the light

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: A broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭51:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

L

Locoponydirtman

I doubt if Jesus would disfellowship someone on the grounds you are. Then should we 'disfellowship' with everyone here who has a different view? That sounds like the enemy's plan.
False accusations of not loving scripture and gaslighting. Yeah, I think He would

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I don’t know Joel Osteen’s heart, but that he won’t unequivocally say that Jesus is the ONLY Way, and that without Him everyone will perish, is exceedingly bad. Especially for someone with his secular appearances in the world.
Oprah and Ostien go through preaching the Gospel of Santa Christ and the true men of God have to try to clean up the mess he leaves in his wake. At least we get introduced to some real men like Paul Washer and John MacArthur.

Blessed57

Dec 2, 2022
Of coarse pray, but we should be reading and studying scripture, this is His word to us, and the word reveals the phonies.
That's why I quoted God's Word here to help us understand what God says about testing the spirits..........

L

Locoponydirtman

Would you then forgive someone who denied you were the Christ, as Peter did? Or would you have 'disfellowshipped' with him?
Jesus gave Peter a chance to repent and Peter repented.
I gave those guys a chance, and they mocked.
Disfellowshiping is a method of giving an endless oppotunity to repent.