JOHN 14:6--ONE WAY OR MANY WAYS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BaptistBibleBeliever

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6).

People, this is a fact! No man cometh unto the Father except through Jesus Christ. That's the truth! I don't want to hear about your Mohammed or whoever you got. I mean, it's nice that you got it. I'm going to be nice to you, I'll respect you a little bit. But you are going to die and burn in hell! And you are going to get mad at me for telling you that. And you are going to tell me that it is not my job to tell you that. But my Lord commanded me to tell you that because it's true! People are dying and going to hell. Don't care what they think they are going to get there on, if it's not the Lord Jesus Christ--they are not getting there. So you can be nice, you can be gracious--but you give them the Gospel. And then when you show them this verse--I guarantee you--when you show them verse 6, my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ said that "He is the way, the truth and the life." In other words, if you believe something different--it ain't the road. Buddha, Hindu, Good Works ain't the road. All these others, it ain't the road. Jesus is claiming His personal road, period, and He says "no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." And don't you like this? He is the "way, the truth and the life."

And the only way you are going to get the truth and the life is Jesus Christ and the only way you are going to know the truth is His Word. And His Word is Him! "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was (not 'a') God." You can't separate the Words of God from God. And that is why He promised to perfectly preserve His Word. Not the originals. You couldn't find the originals to save your life. There are copies of copies of copies out there of the languages. But you think that God didn't know there was an English-speaking people coming on the scene? Give me a break!

Everything you believe you should be able to substantiate from the Word of God. And you ought to teach your kids the verses. We believe this . . . because of this. We believe that because of that. They will read it, Lord willing, they will memorize it--some of it is easy. Memorize it. How do you know you are saved? Book, chapter and verse. Who saved you? Jesus. Right down the line. Little bus kids know this stuff. Our kids ought to know that.

I mean, we are to live to God glorified, fruitful, Christian lives. That's the battle! "I'm sick of fighting!" Don't ever say that, please! Maybe in the cancer ward and you know you are about to go home to be with Jesus, you go like this, "Wheeew! It's over! Finally! No more fight, man!" But you don't stop fighting. You rest in God, but you just keep fighting! Because you are saved!

I add this quote from Francis Dixon:

When I stand before the throne dressed in beauty not my own,
When I see Thee as Thou art, Love Thee with unsinning heart,
Then O Lord shall I fully know—Not till then how much I owe.​

Remember, Jesus is the only way . . . and He keeps that soul that on Him reposes upon Him.

The soul that on Jesus has leaned for repose,
I will not, I will not desert to its foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I’ll never, no never, no never forsake.​

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
14:6 I am the way. This is the sixth of Jesus’ great “I am” assertions and, no less than the others, is a clear claim of deity.

14:6 the life. He did not come to show us the way, teach us the truth and give us the life, though He does all of this. He is the Way to God, the Truth of God, and the Life in God.

14:6 unto the Father. The exclusiveness of this claim is a stumbling block to those who are supposedly searching for truth, or who desire a different kind of life some other way. It is probably the main reason why Christians are persecuted by others. Nevertheless, one cannot be a Christian and believe otherwise, for “there is none other name under heaven, given among men, whereby we must be saved” (Acts 4:12). Christians are not being unloving when they try to win others to Christ, for they know that those others are eternally lost without Him.

7seasrekeyed

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6).
Amen and praise God!

Chester

May 23, 2016

14:6 unto the Father. The exclusiveness of this claim is a stumbling block to those who are supposedly searching for truth, or who desire a different kind of life some other way. It is probably the main reason why Christians are persecuted by others. Nevertheless, one cannot be a Christian and believe otherwise, for “there is none other name under heaven, given among men, whereby we must be saved” (Acts 4:12). Christians are not being unloving when they try to win others to Christ, for they know that those others are eternally lost without Him.
Amen! Only Jesus is . . .
The way is not Muhammed, or Buddha, or Hare Krishna . . .
The way is not Peter, or Elijah, or Moses, or Paul . . .
The life is not the Baptists, the Methodists, the Charismatics, or the Lutherans . . .
The life is not money, or country, or heritage, or prestige, or power . . .
The truth is not doctrine, or practice, or orthodoxy, . . .
The truth is not knowledge, or experience, or spirit, . . .

Jesus is the way.
Jesus is the life.
Jesus is the truth.

Period! End of story! That's it!

J

jaybird88

JOHN 14:6--ONE WAY OR MANY WAYS
i would say in todays Christianity it would have to be many ways being as every denomination has a different way of interpreting the scripture.
i also think most agree it has nothing to do with the example of Christ, after all one of those Hindus or Muslims can do that, but being as they are different and have a different name, they go straight to hell.

IMO John 14:6 has to be the most misunderstood and abused passage in the bible.

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
i would say in todays Christianity it would have to be many ways being as every denomination has a different way of interpreting the scripture.
i also think most agree it has nothing to do with the example of Christ, after all one of those Hindus or Muslims can do that, but being as they are different and have a different name, they go straight to hell.

So, denominations determine what God has to accept? btw, it has nothing to do with Christ's example. That would imply that we have to live like He did in order to 'earn' our free gift of salvation. Seeing as how He lived a perfect life . . . well . . . I don't think you can measure up.

Better embrace the clear meaning of Scripture while there is still time.

J

jaybird88

So, denominations determine what God has to accept?
???

btw, it has nothing to do with Christ's example.
thats what i just said

That would imply that we have to live like He did in order to 'earn' our free gift of salvation. Seeing as how He lived a perfect life . . . well . . . I don't think you can measure up.
with an attitude like that you never will. Jesus said we could move mountains if our faith was strong enough. didnt Peter walk on water with Jesus, but he didnt make it all the way, i dont remember Jesus telling him to give up, Jesus told him to have greater faith.

Better embrace the clear meaning of Scripture while there is still time.
clear meaning according to who? avery group has a different meaning.

if its all about theology and nothing about actions, it sure does not add up with what Jesus taught. when the pharisees taught Jesus didnt seem to have issues with their teachings, He condemned their actions. do what they say but dont do what they do. Jesus said feed the hungry, heal the sick. James speaks of being a dooer of the law. these are all actions that define ones example, not theology.
actions lead to the church doing the greater good for the benifit of the many.
theology is just talk and leads the church to splinter over and over.

Dec 12, 2013
14:6 I am the way. This is the sixth of Jesus’ great “I am” assertions and, no less than the others, is a clear claim of deity.

14:6 the life. He did not come to show us the way, teach us the truth and give us the life, though He does all of this. He is the Way to God, the Truth of God, and the Life in God.

Literally....I MYSELF AM THE.............

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I'm going to be nice to you, I'll respect you a little bit. But you are going to die and burn in hell! And you are going to get mad at me for telling you that. And you are going to tell me that it is not my job to tell you that. But my Lord commanded me to tell you that because it's true! People are dying and going to hell.
I would like to know just where in scripture you are commanded to tell people they are going to burn in hell. While I agree with the premise of the OP, Christ is the only door to salvation, but you go too far.

You might get your kids to serve Christ because you scared the hell out of them. Fear of hell will not perfect a walk with Christ in love with grace. One of these days we will hear preaching on the gospel of Jesus not the gospel about Jesus. There is a difference. :)

PS

Jan 11, 2013

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6).

Are you saying Jesus is a liar?

PS

Jan 11, 2013
The life is not the Baptists, the Methodists, the Charismatics, or the Lutherans . . .

Jesus is the way.
Jesus is the life.
Jesus is the truth.

Muhammed, Buddha, Hare Krishna et. al. are all dead. Jesus is alive for evermore. Praise God!

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore. (Rev 1:18 KJV)

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
I would like to know just where in scripture you are commanded to tell people they are going to burn in hell. While I agree with the premise of the OP, Christ is the only door to salvation, but you go too far.

You might get your kids to serve Christ because you scared the hell out of them. Fear of hell will not perfect a walk with Christ in love with grace. One of these days we will hear preaching on the gospel of Jesus not the gospel about Jesus. There is a difference. :)
You will find the answer in the book of Jude.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

Amen and praise God!
One may "amen" to Kingdom come, but if he does not believe Jesus in all He teaches it is lip service only.,

Learn when Jesus says any who teach agains the least of the laws will be least in the Kingdom.

No one is truly free until he no longer needs to fear the curse of the law, death, yet lives in the grace and mercy by the Blood of the Lamb. This, not known by any who claim to believe Jesus demonstrated the veil of Moses is yet binging the person.

J

jaybird88

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6).

Are you saying Jesus is a liar?
wow, your very confused about something, not sure how to even begin. first of all if you disagree with something i have said, why not just say that and explain why.
your quoting John 14 6, Jesus is the way, and i never said different, so i have no idea what that has to do with me being accused of calling Jesus, Son of the Most High a liar. i always have thought this was such an ugly accusation to make at someone over a difference of opinion.
what i said was people interpret the passage many different ways.

J

jaybird88

Jesus is the way.
Jesus is the life.
Jesus is the truth.

so are these Muslims, Hindus and Buddhist all going straight to hell at the end of their life?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
We are to never pronounce on the eternity of ayone, but most know this.

One good thing to keep in mind is God has said, "So what if I should justify the ungodly." Now we all know all sinners before being saved are definitely ungodly and enemies of God, but as in many writings, there may be more than one intention in this declaration."

Praise God, He is worthy, not we.

Chester

May 23, 2016
so are these Muslims, Hindus and Buddhist all going straight to hell at the end of their life?
Only God determines the final destiny of persons: but the only way anyone gets eternal life is through Jesus.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
wow, your very confused about something, not sure how to even begin. first of all if you disagree with something i have said, why not just say that and explain why.
your quoting John 14 6, Jesus is the way, and i never said different, so i have no idea what that has to do with me being accused of calling Jesus, Son of the Most High a liar. i always have thought this was such an ugly accusation to make at someone over a difference of opinion.
what i said was people interpret the passage many different ways.
You said there are many ways. Just be be clear on this, Jesus is the ONLY way.

Jesus is the only way to heaven for several reasons. Jesus was “chosen by God” to be the Savior (1 Peter 2:4). Jesus is the only One to have come down from heaven and returned there (John 3:13). He is the only person to have lived a perfect human life (Hebrews 4:15). He is the only sacrifice for sin (1 John 2:2; Hebrews 10:26). He alone fulfilled the Law and the Prophets (Matthew 5:17). He is the only man to have conquered death forever (Hebrews 2:14–15). He is the only Mediator between God and man (1 Timothy 2:5). He is the only man whom God has “exalted . . . to the highest place” (Philippians 2:9).

Jesus spoke of Himself as the only way to heaven in several places besides John 14:6. He presented Himself as the object of faith in Matthew 7:21–27. He said His words are life (John 6:63). He promised that those who believe in Him will have eternal life (John 3:14–15). He is the gate of the sheep (John 10:7); the bread of life (John 6:35); and the resurrection (John 11:25). No one else can rightly claim those titles.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-only-way.html

Your post below clearly cast doubt on the whole teaching of the Gospel.

"i would say in todays Christianity it would have to be many ways being as every denomination has a different way of interpreting the scripture.
i also think most agree it has nothing to do with the example of Christ,......"

J

jaybird88

Only God determines the final destiny of persons: but the only way anyone gets eternal life is through Jesus.
so some of these Muslims, Hindus and Buddhist may have eternal life?

Chester

May 23, 2016
so some of these Muslims, Hindus and Buddhist may have eternal life?
LOL! You are funny!

Only those who believe in Jesus have eternal life.

I will not judge a person on the name of their religion or culture: God judges a person on the basis of their belief in His Son:

Jesus: John 14:6: "I am the way, the truth, and the life"