John 3:16-18 is not about God's universal love (there is no such thing).

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 12, 2019
I will give you a more biblical and to the text itself Paraphrase:

16 “For God so loved the world,[a] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

For God has manifested his Love not to just Israel but to a world of sinners through Jesus Christ, indeed the all who are believing will not be condemned to just hellfire but have everlasting life, For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn (they thought he did) but to bring life to a world of sinners....NOW........OBVIOUSLY THE BIBLE IS NOT DESTROYING ELECTION WITH THESE VERSE! SINCE THE BELIEVERS ARE ALL ELECT AND GOD HATES THE REST IN RIGHTEOUSNESS.

SHALL NOT THE JUDGE OF THE EARTH DO WHAT IS RIGHTEOUS??

Apr 12, 2019
HEY FRED GUESS WHAT, I STUDIED THE VERSE AND CONTEXT, THAT'S WHAT JOHN 3:16 IS ONLY ABOUT.

THERE IS NO UNIVERSAL SAVING LOVE OF GOD! ITS NOT IN THE BIBLE, ITS ALWAYS BEEN AND WILL ALWAYS BE PARTICULAR IN NATURE!

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
God loves a world of sinners who believe and to believe is to be elect.
For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God Romans 3:23.
and who are the 'All'? that includes you and me. So that the word 'world' means whole not just a part. I am a firm believer of ABC=Always by the Context.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
HEY FRED GUESS WHAT, I STUDIED THE VERSE AND CONTEXT, THAT'S WHAT JOHN 3:16 IS ONLY ABOUT.

THERE IS NO UNIVERSAL SAVING LOVE OF GOD! ITS NOT IN THE BIBLE, ITS ALWAYS BEEN AND WILL ALWAYS BE PARTICULAR IN NATURE!
Are you trying to bait me with universalism vs particularism? A fine discussion would be always directed to the scripture and what it says.;)

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015

Why CAPS letters?

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
Well you have a good point, but yeah just trying to do my best, i think one of the more important points is the word 'WORLD" because if World means universalism then we have major contradictions with other texts in the bible.

Universalism being the idea that God loves everyone savingly, which is a wicked lie!
God did not go to university to learn to Love but I think you did and failed like the rest of us. Now it's about learning of Him.
"If any man thinks he Knows, he does not Know as he should; but if any man Loves God, the same in Known of Him."

Jan 12, 2019
Why not? There’s nothing in these passages that suggest we should not take it literally.

Acts 19:10 And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.

Romans 16
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Colossians 1
5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;
6 Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:

23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
China existed during OT days. It is said that they had historical record of a very long day, the time when the Sun stood still during the times of Joshua

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Hello, Nehemiah6, i hope your doing well, hang on a second......are you condemning all Calvinists to eternal hell? surely you have more fear of God in you......... as Calvinist and Arminians believe on the essentials.

Sorry but Galatians 1:8 is talking about people who believe and are preaching that your saved through works! and not grace.

Anyway, hope that helps.

God will judge you for your idle words, i would be more careful in the future with chucking around Anathemas.
I would hope you would look to your own soul being that it is you that states there is no such thing as God's universal love.

That's all I have to say in this thread.

Apr 12, 2019
Yeah, nice excuse, maybe you should read my post, not just the title.

God has common grace, im not talking about that, im talking about there is no universal saving love, its only for the elect.

Apr 12, 2019
its never to late to turn back and repent :)

There is only one true full faith, if your faith doesn't include election then it aint biblical.

(this doesn't mean your damned, it means your in serious error)

To deny unconditional election, is to be in rejection against the Gospel of Grace, which is an electing grace, this is no small matter.

Opening up Romans 9 is a good place to start just be honest with the Lord.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2018
Hello, Nehemiah6, i hope your doing well, hang on a second......are you condemning all Calvinists to eternal hell? surely you have more fear of God in you......... as Calvinist and Arminians believe on the essentials.

Sorry but Galatians 1:8 is talking about people who believe and are preaching that your saved through works! and not grace.

Anyway, hope that helps.

God will judge you for your idle words, i would be more careful in the future with chucking around Anathemas.
FYI...according to him, ALL Calvinists are lost. Unless we bow to his impotent god, we are lost. Best to avoid him.

Oct 25, 2018
well Amen, God is Love and that is seen in the gospel ofcourse, God being loving, doesn't mean God can't have particular love, or wait according to those who twist the word of God, it can!

Man distorts God into his own image.... GOD IS LOVE, therefore God loves everyone!...

Is that what it said? NO.

Oh the wickedness of Arminianism, God hates it.

God IS LOVE!

INDEED GOD IS LOVE, JACOB I LOVED SAYS GOD! ESAU I HATED SAYS GOD!

DOWN WITH YOUR WICKED IDOLS AND EXALT THE TRUE GOD!

GOD IS NOT MOCKED, IF YOU WANNA FOLLOW PAGAN DOCTRINE YOU WILL REAP ITS CONSEQUENCES.

FEAR GOD AND DEPART FROM EVIL.

TIME FOR A WAKE UP:
I have that CD. Love it and especially that song. 👍🏆

S

selfdissolving

I am simply quoting what is in Scripture, which means that Calvinists should take that passage in Galatians very seriously, ask themselves whether or not they have a false gospel

Paul says *ANY OTHER GOSPEL* twice (verses 8 & 9). Which is generic for all false gospels. While Galatians is about the false gospel of salvation through faith in Christ + strict Torah observance, this passage (vv 6-12) covers all false gospels, even those which may be presented by an angel (e.g. Mormonism).

Why is Calvinism a false gospel?

1. It denies that Christ died for the sins of the whole world (all humanity)

2. It denies that God offers salvation to all humanity.

3. It distorts the Gospel of Grace and substitutes a gospel of sovereignty.

4. It denies that men can and do resist the grace of God.

5. It denies the power of the true Gospel and the power of the Holy Spirit in bringing sinners to salvation, and claims that the unsaved are regenerated BEFORE they believe.

6. It denies that when the Gospel is preached men will either obey or disobey the Gospel.
1 Thessalonians 1:4-5
4 For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you, 5 because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction.

S

selfdissolving

Acts 2:38-39
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

S

selfdissolving

Joel 2:32
32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

S

selfdissolving

John 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

S

selfdissolving

If Jesus dies for the sins of the "whole world" as Arminians understand it, then did his death actually pay the price for the sins of all people? Did he bear those sins on the cross and atone for them? If so, why do some go to hell? They would be repaying a price that has already been paid.

The Bible teaches that Jesus Christ bore the sins of the redeemed in his body on the cross:
1 Peter 2:24
"He himself bore our sins" in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; "by his wounds you have been healed."

So how do unbelievers end up in hell?

S

selfdissolving

Jesus atoned for the sins of all people without distinction. This means Jew and Gentile, rich and poor, white and black, man and women.

Jesus did NOT atone for the sins of all people without exception. This means every last individual.

You get this wrong and you either end up with universalism or a death on the cross that only makes salvation possible, but didn't actually save anybody, and you still have to answer the question of who's sin did Jesus bare in his body on the cross.