John 3:16 Symposium

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 18, 2021
Most christians world-wide think John 3:16 is saying this:
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosover believes in him should not go to Eternal Damnation,
but Gets to Go to Heaven when they die"

Is that what it's saying?

Jan 12, 2019

That is the Billy graham legacy.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015

Hello HighPremise,

Yes, that is what it is saying. This is found right in the verse by the words "whoever believes in Him should not perish," which would infer that whoever does not believe in Him will perish, i.e. eternal separation from God in the lake of fire. Many other scripture support this as well:

"Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe has already been condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son."

"Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life. Whoever rejects the Son will not see life. Instead, the wrath of God remains on him.”

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I smell a "Here's what it really says..." coming.

I won't hold my breath... but I might hold my nose.

L

Live4Him

I smell a "Here's what it really says..." coming.

I won't hold my breath... but I might hold my nose.
This is the best response that I've seen since joining the forum.

We can all go home now...lol.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013

What Bible do you read?

My Bible (KJV) says........

John 3:16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

If one reads the entire Chapter, it is made very clear what verse 16 says/means. I would add that the ONE thing not always understood is that in verse 16, the word "believeth" is speaking of a "continuous, never ending" belief and not just a one time thing. A lot of people do not pick up on this without some nudging........

There is argument between "heaven" as our eternal reward, and the "new earth" as our eternal living place. I believe in "heaven" because Jesus said He was going to prepare a place for us and would come back to get us and take us there to be with Him forever.......

John, Chapter 14:

1) Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2) In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Jan 12, 2019
What Bible do you read?

My Bible (KJV) says........

John 3:16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

If one reads the entire Chapter, it is made very clear what verse 16 says/means. I would add that the ONE thing not always understood is that in verse 16, the word "believeth" is speaking of a "continuous, never ending" belief and not just a one time thing. A lot of people do not pick up on this without some nudging........

There is argument between "heaven" as our eternal reward, and the "new earth" as our eternal living place. I believe in "heaven" because Jesus said He was going to prepare a place for us and would come back to get us and take us there to be with Him forever.......

John, Chapter 14:

1) Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2) In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
When Nicodemus and the other Jews hear about Jesus talking about the kingdom of God, prior to John 3:16, what do you think they are thinking about?

Are they just thinking about getting eternal life?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Yes, that is what it is saying. This is found right in the verse by the words "whoever believes in Him should not perish," which would infer that whoever does not believe in Him will perish, i.e. eternal separation from God in the lake of fire. Many other scripture support this as well
I agree. However, don't forget that you are dealing with a troll who wants people to respond to his nonsense. Don't feed the trolls.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
What Bible do you read?
He reads the Bible according to High Premise. He has the audacity to question what John 3:16 says, and then someone who should know better says "That's Billy Graham's Legacy". Next we will be hearing that this verse should not even have been in the Bible. Someone just inserted it for fun.