John MacArthur - our nation is drifting away - repent and pray - I listened last night

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The above proverbs should not be confused with a prosperity gospel nor with rejoicing over our enemy:s misfortune..................these activities are reserved for the Kingdom

There is no such thing as a gospel of preperity from the Lord, and vengeance is certainly His.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Sometimes the bible uses humour and sarcasm :)
1 kings 18.27
And at noon Elijah mocked them, saying, “Cry aloud, for he is a god. Either he is musing, or he is relieving himself, or he is on a journey, or perhaps he is asleep and must be awakened.”

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The above proverbs should not be confused with a prosperity gospel nor with rejoicing over our enemy:s misfortune..................these activities are reserved for the Kingdom

There is no such thing as a gospel of preperity from the Lord, and vengeance is certainly His.
John MacArthur is anything but a prosperity preacher.

Blade

Nov 19, 2019

What are you talking about? No offense but who are you to tell others what a verse in Gods word really means? Also I don't know of one Faith preacher that believes in "prosperity gospel". I watched them say from their mouth "there is no such thing as prosperity gospel in the word of God". So why keep saying it? Its not words of life. Does not help them in any way. It does make them look bad and....what believer would do that to Gods Children? :) Remember Christ will say to the nations "if you did it to the least of these my brethren you did it unto me". Jesus shows up to Paul and says why are you persecuting me ?" Paul never did.

Yeah...we best understand we that LOVE and believe in Yeshua/Jesus Christ do not get to tell GOD who is and who is not really His Children. I do listen to Word of Faith and John MacArthur and in both cases do not agree with everything they teach.

LOL there is no perfect Church, preacher thats preacher the 100% truth. Get over it.. you me all believers are ONE body. Don't like the other hand other foot.. we get no say. HE alone is the head. He is the vine.. we are just branches... its not what the others are doing or preaching. Its what are YOU doing.. what fruit are you showing. Thats what He will be looking at asking you and me when we stand before Him. Now what we thought of some other believer. He takes care of them.. Hes really good at His job.

Be if faith or Catholic or baptist etc.. see what HE started He will finish. So I pray for them all. And never what I personally believe. I can be wrong.. duh.

So when the righteous..ooh thas ME! thrive "good, goodness, beauty, gladness, welfare" the city rejoices and the wicked perish, there are shouts of Joy.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016

What is wrong with a prosperity gospel is that its values are worldly. Those whose values are from Christ thinks of prosperity in terms of fruits of the spirit.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
I've heard John MacArthur teaches a lordship salvation.. where someone is making God Lord of their life right at salvation.

John 3:16 shows belief in Jesus for eternal salvation. After this someone then can submit every area of their life to Jesus.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
What are you talking about? No offense but who are you to tell others what a verse in Gods word really means? Also I don't know of one Faith preacher that believes in "prosperity gospel". I watched them say from their mouth "there is no such thing as prosperity gospel in the word of God". So why keep saying it? Its not words of life. Does not help them in any way. It does make them look bad and....what believer would do that to Gods Children? :) Remember Christ will say to the nations "if you did it to the least of these my brethren you did it unto me". Jesus shows up to Paul and says why are you persecuting me ?" Paul never did.

Yeah...we best understand we that LOVE and believe in Yeshua/Jesus Christ do not get to tell GOD who is and who is not really His Children. I do listen to Word of Faith and John MacArthur and in both cases do not agree with everything they teach.

LOL there is no perfect Church, preacher thats preacher the 100% truth. Get over it.. you me all believers are ONE body. Don't like the other hand other foot.. we get no say. HE alone is the head. He is the vine.. we are just branches... its not what the others are doing or preaching. Its what are YOU doing.. what fruit are you showing. Thats what He will be looking at asking you and me when we stand before Him. Now what we thought of some other believer. He takes care of them.. Hes really good at His job.

Be if faith or Catholic or baptist etc.. see what HE started He will finish. So I pray for them all. And never what I personally believe. I can be wrong.. duh.

So when the righteous..ooh thas ME! thrive "good, goodness, beauty, gladness, welfare" the city rejoices and the wicked perish, there are shouts of Joy.
No offense, but who are you to tell me how I have been given by the Hoy Spirit t understand and share it.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Apparently @throughfaith hates John MacArthur and anyone else who believes in God's sovereignty, feels they deserve to be mocked as Elijah did those who served a false god.
Acts 21 .
27¶And when the seven days were almost ended, the Jews which were of Asia, when they saw him in the temple, stirred up all the people, and laid hands on him,
28Crying out, Men of Israel, help: This is the man, that teacheth all men every where against the people, and the law, and this place: and further brought Greeks also into the temple, and hath polluted this holy place.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
John MacArthur is anything but a prosperity preacher.
True. By the same token many of his teachings are false.

But this thread seems to be somewhat disjointed. Evidently MyrtleTrees heard MacArthur preaching about how America is drifting away (quite true) and connected it to Proverbs 11:10, which does not seem to connect with the state of America right now. Psalm 9:17 would be more appropriate:

The wicked shall be turned into Hell, and all the nations that forget God.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
I've heard John MacArthur teaches a lordship salvation.. where someone is making God Lord of their life right at salvation.

John 3:16 shows belief in Jesus for eternal salvation. After this someone then can submit every area of their life to Jesus.
That it is true . He is a false teacher .

NOV25

Nov 23, 2019
24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God."
25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished, saying, "Who then can be saved?"
26 But Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." - Matthew 19:24-26

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
I know some Christians think that about John MacArthur, as I've read about it. But I've heard no evidence of that, in the preaching messages I've heard of his, online. I believe repentance is necessary, in order to get saved. And that one should be willing to let God be Master of their lives, before they make the decision to accept Jesus as Savior. But I agree it isn't possible to get saved by good works alone - one must first accept Jesus as Lord (God) and Savior of their life, first.

Acts 2:38

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
KJV

Acts 3:19

19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
KJV

The thief on the cross, who repented and became a follower of Jesus, is one good example that no more is required but repentance and accepting Jesus as Lord (God) and Savior - is all that is required in order to get saved, at the point of conversion. But if it is a true conversion - works (sometimes called "fruit") will follow, the Bible indicates.

I looked in Youtube just now, with search terms of "John MacArthur lordship vs. works" - and listened to the message some. I didn't hear anything he said that I saw to be error according to the Bible. He mentioned this verse, and I agree with it as Jesus Himself said that surrendering to God in order to get saved, is necessary:
Matt 16:24-25

24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
KJV
This is that message I just now listened to:

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014

True, we are to be peacemakers, as Christians, and it has always been required by God for people to be peacemakers in daily life. Though it's true that God has used wars to help stop evil and also government and law forces, such as the police. We are to honor them and pray for them and for God to help (as much as is possible) there to be peace and safety in the world. I agree that being a follower of the Lord, doesn't necessarily mean that God will keep all of His people from being poor in this life. I agree that the prosperity preachers are false prophets and not to be trusted. It is true that God seems to help a nation have better prosperity than if they choose not to serve God. But again - not that there is no promise that every one of God's people will be spared from poverty in this life. Even Paul suffered great poverty.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
I know some Christians think that about John MacArthur, as I've read about it. But I've heard no evidence of that, in the preaching messages I've heard of his, online. I believe repentance is necessary, in order to get saved. And that one should be willing to let God be Master of their lives, before they make the decision to accept Jesus as Savior. But I agree it isn't possible to get saved by good works alone - one must first accept Jesus as Lord (God) and Savior of their life, first.

Acts 2:38

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
KJV

Acts 3:19

19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
KJV

The thief on the cross, who repented and became a follower of Jesus, is one good example that no more is required but repentance and accepting Jesus as Lord (God) and Savior - is all that is required in order to get saved, at the point of conversion. But if it is a true conversion - works (sometimes called "fruit") will follow, the Bible indicates.

I looked in Youtube just now, with search terms of "John MacArthur lordship vs. works" - and listened to the message some. I didn't hear anything he said that I saw to be error according to the Bible. He mentioned this verse, and I agree with it as Jesus Himself said that surrendering to God in order to get saved, is necessary:
Matt 16:24-25

24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
KJV
This is that message I just now listened to:
Its because what your saying is also the error of Lordship salvation. ( As John M teaches. This is a false message .