Jonathan: Name some Modern prophets please

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

This is not necessary. You do get bapyized with the spirit, at least some people do.
If your not baptized with the spirit. Your not saved. Your still dead in your sin and still need cleansed by God.

E

eternally-gratefull

When do you believe people speak in tongues?

If anyone speaks in tongues (languages) it is only because God needs them to. To speak to someone else in their language. Fortunately. most known languages have Christians. So if God needs to get someone the gospel, he will send them someone who speaks their language. They did not have this ability at pentecost. which is why God had all these men speak in a foreign tongue so people could hear their word.

PS. are you going to answer my questions? Why do you hesitate? Again. If you are a prophet God will reveal it to you. You should not be afraid.

DinoDillinger

Jul 28, 2009
I believe a prophet is someone who delievers a message from God, I don't think you can say it has to be a new revelation. Infact alot of what is in the books of the prophets is the same message over and over again.

S

systemdown101

I believe a prophet is someone who delievers a message from God, I don't think you can say it has to be a new revelation. Infact alot of what is in the books of the prophets is the same message over and over again.
That's MOSTLY true, yes, but I offhand can't think of a prophet that didn't at some point foretell the future. Lemee see ...

Abraham, who was the first person called a prophet in the OT: "God will provide Himself a sacrifice"

Moses: Prophesized about the Prophet, and the curses that would befall Israel when they disobeyed the Lord.

Samuel: VERY specific prophecy regarding what would happen to Saul after he left.

Isaiah: Many Messianic prophecies.

Jeremiah: Seventy years, and Israel returns.

Ezekiel: Doom against the nations.

Daniel: End time prophecies.

I could go on, but you get the point.

A

Abiding

Dino this is done daily by the power of the Holyspirit. I could give it many names, preaching, sharing,
but i wont call it Prophecy even if in a way your correct. Hey bud :)

G

Graybeard

lol ok. You keep believing a prophets TEACHES things already revealed.. Wow. You just told the whole world you have issues.

I will pray for you. But from the sound of your posts I doubt it would do any good.

Those who are blind can't see truth when it stares them in the face.. Open your eyes. A prophets speaks future things, a teacher teaches past thing or things known. If you don't know this. There might not be any helping you!
really? is that all they do?....this is what The Bible says about prophets:

1Co 14:3 But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men

A

Abiding

1Co 14:3 But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men
prophecy in that verse isnt talking about a prophet.

E

eternally-gratefull

yeah? does it not edify men when someone says this will happen and it does? This is what separates a true prophet of god from a false prophet. Gods prophesies ALWAYS come true. False prophesies rarely if ever come true. and then some "like nostradomis" only come true if we read things into it.

This comforts people. especially Gods people!

E

eternally-gratefull

Remember you said that when you face Jesus on judgment day
I won't have to remember, Even if most of my works are burnt, I will still be saved, even as through fire. Because I have been baptized by the spirit. thus all my sin is washed away, They are hidden in Christ. I will just be praising God for saving a sinner such as myself!

You though? I have doubts. if you can't even get the washing ministry of the HS correct. how could you get the rest of the gospel correct?