R
Raine
Guest
I think I've might of read a similar thread but just thought I'd try throwing this out there again.
I know most some, most or all of us probably desire a future spouse to share the rest of our life with: our joys, our sorrows, our laughter, our tears... and I know often times in the waiting we can be discouraged (me included) and wonder if the Lord will fulfill this desire in our hearts.
However, the Lord calls us to "Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong in Christ Jesus." - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
So over this year of waiting... the Lord has been revealing this to me more and more. Even in my singleness, and occasional sense of loneliness, the Lord calls me to live in joy. God doesn't want us moping around and feeling sorry for ourselves (not saying that you guys are, but I'm sure we've all been through that) but instead, he calls us to live a vibrant life, to sprinkle sunshine on each other! (Great song btw).
We are single right now, meaning most of us have free time or are not obligated to someone else at this time... so how can we use our singleness to live in joy and to bring more joy and love to others? I believe this is the kind of life that God wants us to live, a life that brings a smile to his face... a life that lives and thrives in him alone.
Lord, make us joyful loving singles! May we rejoice in the time we get to spend with you more! This kind of joy might attract a future spouse too. O: