Judge mental people

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I don't get what the title has to do with anything. Is it supposed to be about judging people with mental illness? Or people who are judgemental?

B

betty047

I don't get what the title has to do with anything. Is it supposed to be about judging people with mental illness? Or people who are judgemental?
People who are judgemental
As a child of GOD we should not judge others spiritual walk or relationship with GOD we are not perfect

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The spiritual man judges all things, but he himself is not subject to anyone’s judgment.
1 Corinthians 2:15

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I think Christians should give mental illness lots of prayerful thought. Mental illness has physical causes, judging them is like judging people for getting a cold.

On the other hand, it could be demon possession, not mental illness and we need to know the difference.

I took a mentally ill woman into my home because she was homeless. Her illness caused her to attack me. She had grown up in such fear that the Lord would take her parents away in the rapture that for years she woke every night to check on them to be sure they were still there. Could this have brought on her mental illness?

Is mental illness always only a physical malfunction, or is more sometimes involved?

T

TheIndianGirl

I think Christians should give mental illness lots of prayerful thought. Mental illness has physical causes, judging them is like judging people for getting a cold.

On the other hand, it could be demon possession, not mental illness and we need to know the difference.

I took a mentally ill woman into my home because she was homeless. Her illness caused her to attack me. She had grown up in such fear that the Lord would take her parents away in the rapture that for years she woke every night to check on them to be sure they were still there. Could this have brought on her mental illness?

Is mental illness always only a physical malfunction, or is more sometimes involved?
I think it is difficult to identify between demonic possession and other types of mental illness. Sometimes we can pinpoint what causes the mental illness, such as drugs, alcohol, bad childhood/trauma, other bad events in life. I think your friend's mental illness was caused by homelessness, and maybe some church that put that fear in her head. If the mental illness can be fixed by a pill, sounds more like a physical cause. However, if they cannot be helped at all, maybe there is some other factor in play.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I think it is difficult to identify between demonic possession and other types of mental illness. Sometimes we can pinpoint what causes the mental illness, such as drugs, alcohol, bad childhood/trauma, other bad events in life. I think your friend's mental illness was caused by homelessness, and maybe some church that put that fear in her head. If the mental illness can be fixed by a pill, sounds more like a physical cause. However, if they cannot be helped at all, maybe there is some other factor in play.
I have made a study of exorcism, and I think there should be more work in the Christian church to make this service available to Christians. With the many advances in psychology, it is possible to tell the difference between a physical malfunction and demon possession.

However, a glandular disorder can cause mental illness, and the thoughts we allow in our minds can affect how our glands work. There is a glandular reaction to our thoughts. Think of how our mind works when we are triumphant about something, and when something depresses us. It is hard to think a depressing thought when you are extremely happy about something. It is hard to feel happy when we think of something depressing. This effect has to do with how our glands are reacting to our thoughts.

B

betty047

Way off no one talking about mental illness
Just people who like to judges others
Sorry if me saying judgemental people makes people think I’m speaking about someone with mental illness not my intentions at all

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Sorry if me saying judgemental people makes people think I’m speaking about someone with mental illness not my intentions at all
Your thread title has judge and mental as two words ;)

The very first response pointed this out...

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
I have made a study of exorcism, and I think there should be more work in the Christian church to make this service available to Christians. With the many advances in psychology, it is possible to tell the difference between a physical malfunction and demon possession.

However, a glandular disorder can cause mental illness, and the thoughts we allow in our minds can affect how our glands work. There is a glandular reaction to our thoughts. Think of how our mind works when we are triumphant about something, and when something depresses us. It is hard to think a depressing thought when you are extremely happy about something. It is hard to feel happy when we think of something depressing. This effect has to do with how our glands are reacting to our thoughts.
A friend of mine went off the deep end a few years ago. Turns out her thyroid was out of whack.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
I think we are all guilty of this ...whether we admit it or not. We've judged people wrongly and some people judged us wrongly too...usually some of those people's actions usually have not much to do with us....

It hurts but most of the time I just shrugged and laughed about it when they judged me wrongly...

'Just tell myself They dont know me...and it is true that no ones else knows you more than yourself and the Lord Jesus..the things that the other people can't see and don't know about me God can see it. GOD knows me and everything about me and in the end it is between me and the Lord...and it is between them and the Lord Jesus 😇

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
People who are judgemental
As a child of GOD we should not judge others spiritual walk or relationship with GOD we are not perfect
Luke 6:43-45

The Tree and Its Fruit
43 “A good tree can’t produce bad fruit, and a bad tree can’t produce good fruit. 44 A tree is identified by its fruit. Figs are never gathered from thornbushes, and grapes are not picked from bramble bushes. 45 A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart

Also somebody should have told Paul this. For it was him that declared the incestuous couple in the church be cast out of the church. If Paul was alive today and said this I wonder how many would have called him judgemental.