Just for Christian Chat

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GaryA

NEW - Just for Christian Chat!

Look for it in my signature.

Check it out!

Some time ago, I wrote a simple program to convert scripture to BB code - for inserting into posts. If you look at any of my more recent posts with scripture in them, you will see the end result. ( If you go to the web page and try it out, you should see the same result. )

I call the program 'Christian Chat Bible Text'.

Well, I decided to throw together a web page that will allow other CC members to utilize it.

Right now, it is fairly primitive. It may not look like much, but it gets the job done.

Perhaps later, as I find time, I may "spruce it up a bit"... ( adding COLOR options, etc. )

In the meanwhile -- it is functional.

Try it out! Tell me what you think!

Please let me know if you encounter any 'bugs'.

G

GaryA

As an example...

I generated the following "in one shot" by setting the book to Romans and putting '1:18-25;3:10,23;6:23;8:14-22,35-39' in the Chapter / Verse blank:

Romans 1:

[SUP]18[/SUP] For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; [SUP]19[/SUP] Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. [SUP]20[/SUP] For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: [SUP]21[/SUP] Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. [SUP]22[/SUP] Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, [SUP]23[/SUP] And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. [SUP]24[/SUP] Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: [SUP]25[/SUP] Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Romans 3:

[SUP]10[/SUP] As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

[SUP]23[/SUP] For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 6:

[SUP]23[/SUP] For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 8:

[SUP]14[/SUP] For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. [SUP]15[/SUP] For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. [SUP]16[/SUP] The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: [SUP]17[/SUP] And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. [SUP]18[/SUP] For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. [SUP]19[/SUP] For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. [SUP]20[/SUP] For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, [SUP]21[/SUP] Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. [SUP]22[/SUP] For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

[SUP]35[/SUP] Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? [SUP]36[/SUP] As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. [SUP]37[/SUP] Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. [SUP]38[/SUP] For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, [SUP]39[/SUP] Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

G

GaryA

Updated / Improved

G

GaryA

**** BUMP ****

Addison

Jun 28, 2014
Heya Gary.

This is really quite nice.

For the verse number ([SUP]), perhaps you could lower the font size to a minimum each time but maybe bold it as well.

Perhaps you could also consider a more elegant font for the verses.

Most of all, "Chapter(s) / Verse(s):" is too simple of a format description on how to use this feature on your site without needing to constantly refer back to your second post here.

It's a little too confusing for someone new to this.

So maybe add all input examples on that page or better drop down menus.

Oh, and add a "Copy All" or something button. Not everyone knows CTRL-A, followed with a CTRL-C.

It's coming along great though, and you should be very proud of what you've done. :eek:

Feb 5, 2017
Hey GaryA you will have to give me some tips on how to get such a thing on to a website and web hosting. I really want to get into programming again, but need some motivation! I have some amazing ideas I would love to express in my original ways. For a start what language did you use here, C#?

G

GaryA

Hey GaryA you will have to give me some tips on how to get such a thing on to a website and web hosting. I really want to get into programming again, but need some motivation! I have some amazing ideas I would love to express in my original ways. For a start what language did you use here, C#?
It is a perl script.

G

GaryA

Heya Gary.

This is really quite nice.

For the verse number ([SUP]), perhaps you could lower the font size to a minimum each time but maybe bold it as well.

Most of all, "Chapter(s) / Verse(s):" is too simple of a format description on how to use this feature on your site without needing to constantly refer back to your second post here.

Oh, and add a "Copy All" or something button. Not everyone knows CTRL-A, followed with a CTRL-C.

It's coming along great though, and you should be very proud of what you've done. :eek:
Thank you for your response.

My [ ultimate ] hope is to "spruce it up" with options for every part of it. However, after two months and 350 views, absolutely no one has shown any interest in it whatsoever. ( until post #6 in this thread )

Another program I wrote that I sometimes use when posting converts a single quote into multiple quotes based on paragraph separation. I call it 'ParaQuote'. I have even thought about adding it to my 'Just for Christian Chat' web page. And, there are other possible future projects I may do - and, add to that web page also.

But, if there is no interest...

So then - I appreciate the show of interest -- by any and all who are sincerely be interested.

G

GaryA

Updated / Improved

G

GaryA

For now, the superscript will be the "natural" size for whatever font size you make it.

( For now, ... )

The program sets the font to the default 'sans' font. The resulting text should be the default 'sans' font in the editor unless-and-until you change it.

For now, I have added the example from post #2 to the web page.

For now, I have added a simple instruction on using Ctrl-A and Ctrl-C to copy the text box contents into the user's Clipboard buffer.