Just moved from South Africa to start a new life in the Palm Springs, CA area! (how often do you get guys like that on this forum?)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 26, 2020
Hello again Roy :) These posts we make are called posts, not emails :) If you say email, it suggests something completely different :geek: <- that's the geek face :D Geek as in nerdy for yes, my perfectionism, which spills over into other areas besides my art panels for Scripture and prayers. That was very insightful of you to pick up on that, and I have noticed your tendency to gushing, also. I don't say that/this to be unkind, but you may want to rein it in a bit, especially the tendency to overthink and/or jumping to conclusions as to why someone may have said something, or used an emoticon, as with the wink I gave in letting you know SoulWeaver is a woman, which I did simply because you said "thanks man" to her. I know she is perfectly capable of speaking for herself, but I do want you to know that she is a very happily married woman, and that there was no other hidden message or meaning in my attempt to correct your seeming to think she was a guy :)

To answer some of your questions, hmmm, no, I do not have a graphics tablet... just a 15" HD laptop with touchscreen capabiliies. My other one does still work and even connects to the internet when this one goes mysteriously awol, which has been quite handy at times, and though I do not have Photoshop on it, I could at least transfer images from one device to the other if it came down to that :) After the older one fell on the floor twice, it did something to the hard drive wifi, and since it was no longer under warranty, I tried other work-arounds rather than sending it in to be fixed, which would/could have taken many weeks (leaving me with no device), and cost too much - like getting some USB thingy to connect, but it sill kept trying to go through the machine set-up, and when my boss found out what I had been dealing with for months, he immediately went and bought me a new laptop (which of course I did pay for). He did that because we had just been through an upset at work, and he wanted to do something nice for me. He is also an IT guy and knew how frustrating and crazy making it would have been for him to deal with that type of issue over a long period of time. He also knows how much time I spend on my computer :giggle: I am quite fortunate, also, because when it was not busy at work, I was allowed to do as I wished on my laptop :D I am laid off now due to the whole COVID thing, but during more normal times, our work is somewhat seasonal, so there were times when I would spend the majority of my day at my desk on my laptop, getting paid LOL.

I work in a photo lab :D Or did ;) And have, for over forty four years, at three different places of employment :D

I do not really know much about autism, but it does get represented through character developments in certain shows, especially more so now that it has been on the rise. Years ago I watched a documentary type show on it, that related autism to diet and the workings of the digestive tract. Have you looked into it from that angle?

i hope your musical aspirations work out for you! I did listen to a couple of your compositions earlier today, and enjoyed them :)
Hi Magenta,

I forgot to tell you about that 'exciting prospect' I had for you, since you were so kind to reply to me. When I upload a new song to Sound Cloud, I have to upload the .WAV file and type in the song title, with other details about the song as well (I usually type up the song lyrics as well). They also encourage you (this is just optional) to upload an image for the song, which is just the size of a thumbnail.

SO!!! If I send you the song title of a new song I've just uploaded, would you like to create a thumbnail image for it? It would be a way to minister to people and with every new song I upload, I provide a Sound Cloud link to it on this website so people on here will be able to play the song, read the lyrics and will see your art as well! Just send me .JPG files of the thumbnails and I'll upload the images for that particular song.

How about it?

God Bless, Roy.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Hi Magenta,

I forgot to tell you about that 'exciting prospect' I had for you, since you were so kind to reply to me. When I upload a new song to Sound Cloud, I have to upload the .WAV file and type in the song title, with other details about the song as well (I usually type up the song lyrics as well). They also encourage you (this is just optional) to upload an image for the song, which is just the size of a thumbnail.

SO!!! If I send you the song title of a new song I've just uploaded, would you like to create a thumbnail image for it? It would be a way to minister to people and with every new song I upload, I provide a Sound Cloud link to it on this website so people on here will be able to play the song, read the lyrics and will see your art as well! Just send me .JPG files of the thumbnails and I'll upload the images for that particular song.

How about it?

God Bless, Roy.
Hello Roy :) Designing a thumbnail for your .WAV files sounds like quite a doable little project :) I usually save my final image files as .pngs for posting, but can save as a .jpg if you prefer :) I did also see your previous message to me, and just want to clarify that I understand that saying something like "hey man" does not necessarily mean you think the other person is a guy, as I am from the olden hippie days LOL, and hey man was fairly commonplace jargon back then. On our older platform (which changed just over two years ago), people's names displayed as either pink or blue, so gender was more easily ascertained :)

I am currently working on a panel now, and have another request ahead of yours, but if you tell me what you might like on your thumbnail, or at least a color scheme, and maybe some of your favorite things, maybe it could just be a musical note or clef? Please don't hesitate to let me know any preference you might have :)

Jun 26, 2020
Hi Magenta,

I've got some songs here which are already on my Sound Cloud account. I think they need thumbnail images - especially the first one! I'd love to see what you come up with for "Colonel Von Sting". Use your imagination!

COLONEL VON STING (with his left prosthetic wing) By Roy Nel Of Soul Harmonies
PRAISES TO THE GREAT "I AM"
WE'VE COME THIS FAR (DON'T QUIT NOW!)

DREAMS OF CALIFORNIA

I'm about to write another song about giving more than you take, so please see what you can come up with for that

Thank you! God will bless you for this.

God Bless, Roy.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

For Roy ^ ^ That is 200 x 200 pixels :)

^ ^ I tilted the blue note the other direction :D

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hi brothers and sisters-in-Christ,

I've got millions of things to share with you guys, and so many text chats to go through. But with such a good Christian community like yours, should that be a bad thing? I don't think so! I'm actually looking forward to it! You'll probably notice how active I am on this website all day, every day. I'm probably going to stay logged into this website all day; I'm tired of bouncing all over Internet looking for Christian friends. I think I'll stick with you guys.

Wow, where do I start? Born in Zimbabwe (I have Africa in my blood), moved to South Africa with my elder brother Garth and my parents when I was just 5 (I'm now 44). Arrived about 5 weeks ago in California after a traumatizing 8 years, 3 months living apart from my Mother who now has me back. So much to do to get my new life up-and-running, but COVID-19 has closed everybody up and I flipped with frustration this week, admitting myself to RI International in Palm Springs, CA but they did very little for me. I'm still looking for a job. But it was refreshing doing text chats on this website last night, and God threw not one, but TWO friends my way! So I'd like to keep that up every day.

I was diagnosed in October 2007 with high-functioning autism, and this has caused heaps of damage to my love-life. Been through hundreds of break-ups. More break-ups, more trauma, more desperate to get married a second time (I lost my bipolar wife to suicide after just 5 months of marriage. I was in a psychiatric clinic at the time, unable to get to my wife where she was living alone, and unable to talk her out of suicide). I've been despairing that I'll ever get married again, and even Christian dating websites have disappointed me because they're full of scammers and con-artists. I've met too many "ladies" who hide behind their fake profiles and profile photos that most probably are of somebody else. Because the moment I request a video chat with them, they run away and I've never heard from them again! I love having video chats and joining in Zoom sessions, and I hope I can do those right here on this website.

I want to meet as many guys and girls as I can, and form a circle of Christian friends that I haven't had for 5 solid weeks. If I meet my second wife on this website, all the better! I'm ready to dive into everything on this website. It would be great to have somebody in daily contact with me to walk a journey with me. I have issues of severe impatience, selfishness and my "my way or the highway and I'll throw one massive adult tantrum and sulk all day" kind of attitude. I also seem to be very touchy these days. These issues need attention before I move into any kind of intimate relationship with a lady. They will cause lots of damage, and probably cost me my first marriage.

That's all for now! I'll be logged in all day and probably avail myself for text chats in the main room as well. I'm unemployed and ready for anything in my new life. Please, let's chat! I want to make friends. If you're reading this, please drop me a text in the chat room.

God Bless you all, Roy.
I enjoyed reading your post and appreciate your openness that allows the members to get to know you. God bless you too Roy.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Wow, that's incredible! What graphics software do you use for this? Adobe? I'm quite au fait when it comes to learning Windows 10 software in general, and enjoy doing software support. I've used Paint on Windows myself, and can resize, rotate and insert text etc.

Thank you so much for your condolences for my late wife, whom I lost to suicide.

I have a Sound Cloud account if you want to hear my music at all?
I joined this site a month after losing my late wife who died prematurely. I know from experience that this is a very hard thing to experience and it is traumatic. I will pray for God to comfort you and for the Holy Spirit to guide you.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Wait! I have brightened it up a bit :D:giggle:

Another member has seen it and is wondering if you would be willing to share it with him?

If not, I can make another; that took about an hour I think, but was still pretty quick :)

And now I need a nap :cool:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
How does THIS look? I used the thumbnail you brightened up a bit for a few of my songs.....

You Are My God by Roy Nel of Soul Harmonies
Roy, it is not displaying as a thumbnail :eek: I purposefully sized it to 200 x 200, but because it is being displayed larger than that, it has gone blurry. I did design it larger... let me give you a bigger file :D This is 600 x 600 pixels :) I also "popped" some of the colors some more :D

Let me know what size is optimum if it does not automatically size down :)

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Hi brothers and sisters-in-Christ,

I've got millions of things to share with you guys, and so many text chats to go through. But with such a good Christian community like yours, should that be a bad thing? I don't think so! I'm actually looking forward to it! You'll probably notice how active I am on this website all day, every day. I'm probably going to stay logged into this website all day; I'm tired of bouncing all over Internet looking for Christian friends. I think I'll stick with you guys.

Wow, where do I start? Born in Zimbabwe (I have Africa in my blood), moved to South Africa with my elder brother Garth and my parents when I was just 5 (I'm now 44). Arrived about 5 weeks ago in California after a traumatizing 8 years, 3 months living apart from my Mother who now has me back. So much to do to get my new life up-and-running, but COVID-19 has closed everybody up and I flipped with frustration this week, admitting myself to RI International in Palm Springs, CA but they did very little for me. I'm still looking for a job. But it was refreshing doing text chats on this website last night, and God threw not one, but TWO friends my way! So I'd like to keep that up every day.

I was diagnosed in October 2007 with high-functioning autism, and this has caused heaps of damage to my love-life. Been through hundreds of break-ups. More break-ups, more trauma, more desperate to get married a second time (I lost my bipolar wife to suicide after just 5 months of marriage. I was in a psychiatric clinic at the time, unable to get to my wife where she was living alone, and unable to talk her out of suicide). I've been despairing that I'll ever get married again, and even Christian dating websites have disappointed me because they're full of scammers and con-artists. I've met too many "ladies" who hide behind their fake profiles and profile photos that most probably are of somebody else. Because the moment I request a video chat with them, they run away and I've never heard from them again! I love having video chats and joining in Zoom sessions, and I hope I can do those right here on this website.

I want to meet as many guys and girls as I can, and form a circle of Christian friends that I haven't had for 5 solid weeks. If I meet my second wife on this website, all the better! I'm ready to dive into everything on this website. It would be great to have somebody in daily contact with me to walk a journey with me. I have issues of severe impatience, selfishness and my "my way or the highway and I'll throw one massive adult tantrum and sulk all day" kind of attitude. I also seem to be very touchy these days. These issues need attention before I move into any kind of intimate relationship with a lady. They will cause lots of damage, and probably cost me my first marriage.

That's all for now! I'll be logged in all day and probably avail myself for text chats in the main room as well. I'm unemployed and ready for anything in my new life. Please, let's chat! I want to make friends. If you're reading this, please drop me a text in the chat room.

God Bless you all, Roy.

Wow, what an intro, brother Roy! You seem to be a gifted writer! Don't get too depressed about your limitations, for they are only temporary. In the long run, all that will matter is that we are in love with Jesus. He will make everything else ok very soon!:) I would be honored to be called your friend, Roy.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Oy. upon closer inspection I do see the thumbnail :D Still, the
first image is displaying blurry because the file is not that large :)

The larger file should be better, plus with the colors "popped,"
the thumbnail should also display a little more clearly :)

Jun 26, 2020
Wow, what an intro, brother Roy! You seem to be a gifted writer! Don't get too depressed about your limitations, for they are only temporary. In the long run, all that will matter is that we are in love with Jesus. He will make everything else ok very soon!:) I would be honored to be called your friend, Roy.
Hi Oyster67,

Thanks for your post. You ARE my friend now! I was feeling very down today, and it’s always about my love-life and how complicated it is to get married again. There’s been improvement over the past few days, but I’m not “there” yet. We had visitors today, my Mom and I, and I think something one of our two visitors said struck a nerve.

I hardly want to eat or sleep these days. All I want to do is pray and read my Youversion Bible app reading plans. They’re all necessary actually!

I’m sorry about the passing of your wife. So we’re both widowers. Do you ever despair that you’ll ever get married again? I do.

Something still confuses me about drawing people (prospective wives specifically) to me, and making myself look attractive to them, so much so that they’ll be tripping over themselves and competing with each other to marry me, and make things that much easier for me to pick a wife.

I’m sure you’ll agree it’s very evident here that never in my life have I been lucky enough to have ladies running after me, begging to marry me like they’re the paparazzi!

Something I DO understand is that I need to get stuck into God and reading His Word and pray every day and then ladies that I meet will see Christ reflected in me and one lady will want to spend the rest of her life married to me?

Now, I did say that I have high-functioning autism, which affects my life in so many ways. One way, which is problematic, is that I don’t detect signals that people send to me, or misinterpret them. How will I know if 1) a lady is interested in marrying me, 2) a lady I’m involved with is the right one to marry, and 3) What must I say and/or do to attract anybody - especially prospective wives - to me?

Last and 4th question for this post: How would ladies pick up that I’m a spiritually strong guy when they set eyes on me for the first time? What would that look like? Or would I have to actually step up to prospective wives who are complete strangers and say “in case you haven’t noticed it in my face and the change in clothes that I wear these days, I’m growing closer to God, I read His Word and pray every day so if you’d like to have a husband one day, I’d highly recommend that you get involved with me, because I’m spiritually strong these days and I’ll do my best to give to you all the time!” Sounds like bragging and pride to me!

Wow, so many questions. Sorry if I dumped the motherload on you! Please help if you can! I really do need help and I’m so close to tears right now.....:cry:

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Hi Oyster67,

Thanks for your post. You ARE my friend now! I was feeling very down today, and it’s always about my love-life and how complicated it is to get married again. There’s been improvement over the past few days, but I’m not “there” yet. We had visitors today, my Mom and I, and I think something one of our two visitors said struck a nerve.

I hardly want to eat or sleep these days. All I want to do is pray and read my Youversion Bible app reading plans. They’re all necessary actually!

I’m sorry about the passing of your wife. So we’re both widowers. Do you ever despair that you’ll ever get married again? I do.

Something still confuses me about drawing people (prospective wives specifically) to me, and making myself look attractive to them, so much so that they’ll be tripping over themselves and competing with each other to marry me, and make things that much easier for me to pick a wife.

I’m sure you’ll agree it’s very evident here that never in my life have I been lucky enough to have ladies running after me, begging to marry me like they’re the paparazzi!

Something I DO understand is that I need to get stuck into God and reading His Word and pray every day and then ladies that I meet will see Christ reflected in me and one lady will want to spend the rest of her life married to me?

Now, I did say that I have high-functioning autism, which affects my life in so many ways. One way, which is problematic, is that I don’t detect signals that people send to me, or misinterpret them. How will I know if 1) a lady is interested in marrying me, 2) a lady I’m involved with is the right one to marry, and 3) What must I say and/or do to attract anybody - especially prospective wives - to me?

Last and 4th question for this post: How would ladies pick up that I’m a spiritually strong guy when they set eyes on me for the first time? What would that look like? Or would I have to actually step up to prospective wives who are complete strangers and say “in case you haven’t noticed it in my face and the change in clothes that I wear these days, I’m growing closer to God, I read His Word and pray every day so if you’d like to have a husband one day, I’d highly recommend that you get involved with me, because I’m spiritually strong these days and I’ll do my best to give to you all the time!” Sounds like bragging and pride to me!

Wow, so many questions. Sorry if I dumped the motherload on you! Please help if you can! I really do need help and I’m so close to tears right now.....:cry:
Proverbs
30:18 There be three [things which] are too wonderful for me, yea, four which I know not:
30:19 The way of an eagle in the air; the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maid.

It sounds like we are on the same ship and in the midst of the same sea. We are on the Good Gospel Ship of Salvation and surrounded by a sea of beautiful Christian women. If we were to just pick one, all the rest would be heartbroken:confused:. I have decided to just be friends with all of them.:)

Please don't cry. Life will get much easier in the very near future. Our redemption and glorification draweth nigh! We are going to the grandest wedding of all time. I am pretty exited about that! How about you?:)

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Wait! I have brightened it up a bit :D:giggle:

Another member has seen it and is wondering if you would be willing to share it with him?

If not, I can make another; that took about an hour I think, but was still pretty quick :)

And now I need a nap :cool:

That is really nice Magenta. :)

Jun 26, 2020
Proverbs
30:18 There be three [things which] are too wonderful for me, yea, four which I know not:
30:19 The way of an eagle in the air; the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maid.

It sounds like we are on the same ship and in the midst of the same sea. We are on the Good Gospel Ship of Salvation and surrounded by a sea of beautiful Christian women. If we were to just pick one, all the rest would be heartbroken:confused:. I have decided to just be friends with all of them.:)

Please don't cry. Life will get much easier in the very near future. Our redemption and glorification draweth nigh! We are going to the grandest wedding of all time. I am pretty exited about that! How about you?:)
Thanks for those Bible verses, but I need to pray tonight. I'm still working a few things out. Do you by any chance live in California? I'm in the Palm Springs, CA area.

Sleep well!

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Thanks for those Bible verses, but I need to pray tonight. I'm still working a few things out. Do you by any chance live in California? I'm in the Palm Springs, CA area.

Sleep well!
Nope. I'm an eastern oyster.

:sleep:.