Just my tale.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
It also makes an individual seem much less valuable. I mean... we already have too many of us. Who cares if one or two or five hundred people get mad at me? There's always another group of people I can make my friends. Who cares if something kills this group of people? It's no great loss...

You see it a lot on the job, from management and employees alike. Who cares if you don't like this job? We can find somebody else. Who cares if they fired me? I can get twenty other jobs.

Mar 1, 2021
Yeah... plus, especially in this world, I have been guilty of devaluing people and being devalued by someone, too... all because, at the time, each of us found something... better.

Also... there seems to be a VERY common trend these days where it's just... okay to block or get rid of people. In some cases, it might be necessary if you're dealing with someone who is just obnoxious and wants to be rude for the sake of being rude. But... it's also like... since there are plenty of people out there, I guess everybody can afford to be pickier... and if anything, I think some people have become more strict and nitpicky over what constitutes as toxic behavior.

I mean... how exactly do you draw the line between, "Oh that's just them being them" and "This is intolerable and I don't have to take it so I'm outta here"?

Like... it seems like in the olden days, people were a bit more... tolerant of some things, or they were even willing to play other people's games, at least to an extent, if it meant keeping someone. These days... I dunno, it's just different. Though there also seems to be a greater emphasis sometimes on, "Family and friends are who you choose, it has nothing to do with blood or anything else."

To some extent... even though I consider the awareness of mental disorders and other psychiatric issues to be very important, as it has helped me learn a lot of things about myself and how to get better, it also just seems like... some people take it to the extreme. "I can't have this person be around me in this way or watch that kind of movie around me because Triggers."

I just feel like... in the olden days, at least some people were doing things a bit better... or at least differently, I'm unsure which. It seems like everything in this day and age has changed from, "I don't like some of the things s/he does, but I'll tolerate it because s/he is my spouse and I can't change them," to, "I'm gonna speak my mind every single time you do something I don't like and I expect you to change/tow the line around me."

I'm.... not sure which is better. I guess it really is about balance.

Either way.... I did read somewhere online once that we do seem to live in a "throwaway culture". Maybe part of that is because there are so many people and so much diversity, I dunno. (Then again... diversity is alright, I think, as long as it doesn't... fragment people too much.) But it does seem like, if two people get mad at each other, it's sooo much easier these days to simply go, "Oh well. There's somebody else I can go shopping with."

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
not sure if it was better in the olden days for people. People tend to look back on the past with rose tinted glasses a lot of the time.

I would say that there are issues with overcrowding in cities I have been around long enough to watched communities grow, like boom and yes its exciting but eventually they may go bust with the current rate of expansion and with increasing problem. to deal with.

On the other scale in smaller towns were everyone leaves as theres no jobs...they have the opposite problem.

Ive always been unfashionably 'green' when others just didnt care about stuff like fresh air and water. But thats because some people just take it for granted and never valued it. People often dont value what is essential because they chase after the things of this world, the pride of life, lust of the eyes, money etc. They lose sight of what makes life worth living. People are like 'I can just go shopping' when actually, they dont really need to go shopping. And they are priveliged to go shopping when others cant even afford to go anyway.

Mar 1, 2021
I'd like to hear your thoughts. What would you say are the greatest things that make life worth living?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Either way.... I did read somewhere online once that we do seem to live in a "throwaway culture". Maybe part of that is because there are so many people and so much diversity, I dunno. (Then again... diversity is alright, I think, as long as it doesn't... fragment people too much.) But it does seem like, if two people get mad at each other, it's sooo much easier these days to simply go, "Oh well. There's somebody else I can go shopping with."
That goes back to what I was saying earlier about the difference between finding somebody to love, and finding somebody to love me. To wit: If I'm looking for a spouse, am I looking for somebody I can love or for somebody who I think will supply my needs in a relationship?

It's an important question to ask, because it determines whether the relationship will be love or exchange-of-services. And a LOT of relationships I have seen seem to be the latter. So many people I know don't want a relationship because "This person is so cool that I want to be with her forever!" They want a relationship because "I need somebody so I won't feel lonely, somebody to talk to, somebody who is fun and witty and good in bed and financially secure and..."

It comes down to "What do I get from you, and what do I have to give you to keep you around?" That's why so many people complain about their partners, because they want more for what they are paying. And that's why so many leave their partners, when they finally decide "Nope! It's not worth it any more, I'm outta here."

Shortcut: When you fall in love with somebody, the best way to ascertain your own motives is to ask yourself, "If this person was in a wheelchair with a terminal illness and could do nothing else for me until she died six months from now, would I still love her?"

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I'd like to hear your thoughts. What would you say are the greatest things that make life worth living?
That seems to depend on the age of the person you are asking. For young people excitement and adventure are paramount. The older a person gets, the more it becomes security and comfort.

I seem to have been born old...

Mar 1, 2021
Firstly... yeah, I suppose I am slowly evolving past the stage where I feel like I want excitement and adventure. I've had enough of that to last me a lifetime and some of it I didn't even ask for. And I find myself getting more set in my ways and the idea of change or being without a home scares me.

A few years ago, I thought I really wanted to make one final, radical adventure and move to Norway... but even that feeling seems to be dying now.

And... I am really beginning to feel old.

Anyway... you also brought up some good points, and they do humble me a bit and make me really think about some things. I guess the brutal, honest truth is...

In some ways... there are some areas at least where I kinda, at least, still like to be a kid. Just being honest. And I have found that that trait in me is a turn-off even in casual friendships sometimes, because.... even if sometimes a sorta surrogate parent dynamic can develop between two people (especially online) for a while... it does wear after a while, and it's not so great for anyone anymore especially when you pass 30.

And honestly... I do like the idea of just being able to get what I want and be able to do what I want, although I am told I am very helpful around the house so that is something at least. (Though I don't clean anywhere as much as I prolly should... but the floors do get cleaned once or twice a month, I wash dishes daily, I clean the kitchen counters...)

I... will have to meditate on the question of whether I could still like someone or be able to handle it if they were suddenly in a wheelchair, (I'm just being brutally honest here and working through things honestly) because.... well, I suppose it depends? If you go after someone in pursuit of a relationship, chances are.... you do have certain desires you want fulfilled. "I originally got attracted to this person because they will help me feel comfortable, secure, keep a home in place, and because he's attractive in some way...."

I think one key thing to look at here is the difference between, "This is what I sought after originally/what I am getting when I enter this relationship now" vs "This is... how things have changed over time when unfortunate circumstances have occurred."

I guess... that's just one of the bumpy uphevels of life (although sometimes I know God can use change and circumstances to humble us) is... well, if you're fully willing to START a relationship on the understanding of, "Yes, this person is in a wheelchair and I may even need to help him sit on the toilet and such cuz he can't use his arms..." If you go into that with full prior knowledge and consensual understanding on both sides, you should be alright. It's just.... if the mentality is more like, "I got into this because I wanted a hot prince who will say the sky is the limit forever" and that person loses their business empire and becomes wheel-chair bound... I'd say at the very least, you'd be in for a significant shock.

Honestly... I am unsure if I am even capable of loving anyone in the ideal way that members of a partnership should love each other. I dunno if it's partially due to depression or the fact that I've been disappointed too many times in my life, but... sometimes, I find that the only reason I do things for other people is because there is simply nobody else there to do it. Which... I suppose is valid enough, people often go to work not because they're overjoyed to do so, but because they have to. I'm just... not sure how loving that is.

I.... honestly sometimes wonder if part of my attitude or whatever might go back just a tad to how I was brought up. To be fair, when I was younger anyway, I wasn't a stranger to hard work; I grew up on a farm. These days, I'm more like a spoiled suburban girl, even if I have household responsibilities. (Plus I have some health issues that would prevent me from doing heavy labor kind of work anyway, but I can still do plenty.)

But the point is... my parents really have idolized me, especially my dad, and again... he was totally convinced back when I was 17 that God was going to bring someone special into my life once I turned 18, and he had always told me up to that point that I was really awesome and that a man would be very pleased to have me.

The only thing was.... he didn't really get to know me or give me many chances to grow or develop as a person, and seemed to feel he had done a very good job raising me.... and he seemed blinded to the fact that sometimes I could be greedy, petty, selfish, and sometimes a real diva, particularly during my twenties. I still have a mildly greedy side, sometimes.

I think... maybe it can do something to your mentality or expectations if.... well, on the one hand, it is good to have parents who absolutely adore you and will love you no matter what. But if you end up developing a mentality that you're just awesome the way you are, an absolute prize, and if this is partially fueled by the Disney-like mentality that anyone worthy should be willing to slay dragons, lasso the moon and be anything you want or need...... you are kinda screwed up in the head and will have to eat some serious humble pie and tone down your expectations.

I am a very introverted, daydreamy person... and that is one of my biggest hangups I suppose. Some of my best friends have been imaginary, or I have projected imagination onto others sometimes, I guess.

Apparently I get that from some of my relatives, too. My mother, Grandmother to an extent, and at least one of my aunts have kinda... done this too. Not good at dealing with reality in at least some ways, even if functioning in the real world is possible when you need to, but otherwise... it's soooo much nicer just to dream and keep to your little private fantasies instead of having to deal with an icky world where everybody else has their own ideas of what should be what or have their own stuff going on, too.

So yes.... I will end this for now by fully acknowledging that I probably sound like a major child in some ways here, but... at least I am trying to be brutally honest, and it is helping me process through things and be openly honest. Maybe I can learn more about myself and find clarity in whatever it is I want or think I want in the process.

It.............. could very well be that somehow, one way or another, I am better off single anyway. Especially since one of my former friends once said that the only time I seem to think or talk about the idea of getting into a relationship is when I'm worried about my future financial security.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Ironically (for those who think Christians have cornered the market on agape love) one of the sweetest expressions of real love I know comes from a comic made by an atheist. Randal Monroe, author of the xkcd webcomic, has a wife who was diagnosed with cancer in 2010 (when she was his fiancee.) Cancer featured in a few of his comics from then on.

Partial transcript from his "Ten Years" comic:

HIM: You did it. Ten years.
HER: It doesn't seem real. When they showed me my 10-year survival chart, I really didn't believe I would make it here.
HER: I don't understand why you married me when it looked so bad. But it was very sweet.
HIM: You make it sound like an act of grace, and not something I desperately wanted to do and was worried I wouldn't get to. You're the coolest person I've ever met. I just wanted whatever time we could have.

ten_years.png

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
My favorite line from that whole comic:

"When they estimated your survival odds, I think they made some optimistic assumptions about your hobbies" as she photographs an alligator... or crocodile, hard to tell from here.

Mar 1, 2021
I would just like to say thank you to everyone who has posted in this thread, because all of the replies have been very helpful. You guys have also been great listeners, and you've really helped me work through some things... although I think some things are gonna continue to be an ongoing process.

For now... the only further thing I'd like to say is... I have been meditating on what was said about how when you're young, you crave excitement and adventure, and when you're older you crave comfort and security more.

Thing is.... Well, I would definitely say I was pretty wild in my own way (though prolly pretty tame by some rebellious phase standards cuz I never stole anything more than a few quarters and I never did drugs or booze beyond drinking a couple of screwdrivers at a lounge once or twice... boring activity, btw) and I couldn't wait to get out of the small, boring town I was living in. I guess the joke was on me, considering all the crazy moves that happened after I moved out of that town.

I think what I'm struggling with right now is... I just feel like I'm... insecure and uncertain about the future. Perhaps it might be paranoia based upon past experiences, but... I am not convinced that my current residence is gonna be the permanent home, particularly since I'm not the rent-payer here and I'm only in my almost-mid-thirties while my parents are approaching elderly range. Right now, our living situation is absolutely perfect in every way for a number of reasons. Buuuut... due to the delicate balance of our dynamic and the role each household member has brought to the household, let's just say... if one party passes away, we're screwed. Especially since we're loners, we are far away from any of our extended relatives, (and none of them could help us much anyway) annnnd we don't really have any friends or longterm roots in the state we're living in now.

I want to believe God has a plan, and that all I need to do is keep seeking Him. Whenever I pray, I just keep the strong sense to keep waiting and maintain the status quo as it is right now. Maybe whatever is next just isn't ready yet. Maybe I still have some growing and healing to do in the meantime, maybe God is waiting for me to stop being stubborn about some things, I dunno.

But I'm just saying... I am pretty well convinced that I will be moving eventually for one reason or another. Especially since... I can tell my parents are slowing down and feeling their age. But I also feel in my heart and soul that I am being commanded to wait, to keep going as I am, and... things will change eventually when the time is right. I simply know that I have never been able to stay in ONE place longterm, it's just not how my life has gone for whatever reason. The longest I've been able to stay in one place was nearly ten years at one house (until we were kicked out) and we have almost matched that record at our current residence cuz we've been here for seven years now.... but I am already wondering what is gonna happen in the next few years. Cuz again, I have NEVER been able to stay in one place for too long.

Honestly... one of the reasons I ended up fixating so heavily on Norway is because the nature and somewhat rural areas seem soooo much like the rural area I grew up in in the Northeast. Besides really liking a guy who lives there, I also just... somehow got it into my head that going there would be like going home. Except... logically, I also know it would NEVER be that simple, because 1: it would cost a fair bit just to GET there (and I've never even been outside the US before... I don't even have a passport so I'd have to get one of those, too) and 2: Even if I could somehow get there, I know that, to become a permenant resident, I'd need to get a job and learn the language.

Logically... if all I really want to do is visit a place that sounds like it would remind me of my childhood home and fulfill a starry-eyed fantasy of playing house with an internet crush... that's a lot of wasted time and money and wouldn't be worth the effort. Especially since... I'm not really interested in learning another language.

Honestly... I have had my nutty episodes throughout my life, and this is one of them, most likely. But.....

I also just feel like... I dunno, maybe I continue to fixate on it because I still don't know what is on the horizon. And... you never know, God does work in mysterious ways, so maybe part of the reason why I can't seem to let go of the dream of going to Norway might be because my future destination may oneday lead there... maybe for reasons and due to circumstances I can't even imagine right now.

Either that............. or, as I said, I simply continue to cling to the dream because it's been my favorite, obsessive fantasy for a few years now and I haven't found anything potent or prominent enough to take it's place yet in the void that it would leave if I did try to take my mind off the fixation.

It still goes back to the question.... does Norway remain a fixture in my mind and heart because I could end up there oneday, and it really is something in my future, or is it just my own insanity because the future is otherwise a majorly uncertain, invisible, silent, untouchable thing and I feel like I need to fixate on this?

If any of you guys wouldn't mind... I really would appreciate it if you would pray on my behalf for my future, whatever it is. I just... wish God could be a little clearer somehow. Is Norway gonna happen eventually, or is it just an obsessive, childish daydream that I should try harder to give up on? I'm still not sure.

Mar 1, 2021
I guess there is another thing I have been really struggling with. Perhaps... it is still a normal thing that has to do with being in your thirties after a rather... wild decade of being young and somewhat rowdy in my twenties.

I don't know if this will sound stupid or a bit childish or whatever, but.... I feel like something that has really been eating me over the last few years is that my mind and imagination don't quite work the same way it used to.

Years ago, even in my mid-twenties, the only thing it took to make me really happy and keep me enthralled for a few weeks, a few months, maybe even a couple of years if I was really fortunate, was just a new book series, a new game with an excellent storyline, or a new TV series. I think a huge part of that is because I basically spent my entire twenties being heavily social online, and there were plenty of people who wanted to RP and co-author fanfiction with me. All I had to do was write some stories, strut my stuff a little, and people would read and get interested in doing more of it with me. It was almost too easy to find people to do that kind of thing with.

These days.... EVERY SINGLE ONE of my old writing partners and friends have moved on and grown in different directions. And... I find myself not interested in that scene anymore because it's just not worth the energy anymore, and I feel like I already had the best of the best of all the peeps on the internet you could have a grand time with, and... they're gone now. That era of time is over. And... my imagination isn't quite what it used to be, either.

Thing is.... these days, it almost breaks my heart a little and makes me depressed, whenever I have a little bit of mad money to spend on anything I choose... I find myself looking at the book section online or maybe at a store, and I almost want to cry a little inside. I remember years ago how I used to aspire to be an author (which I don't anymore) and there were different types of books that would enthrall me, or I'd see one and just HAVE to have it.

These days.... browsing books or even the DVD section has become a dull experience because nothing interests me anymore. It could be that I've seen most of it already, at least anything that's worth seeing, and... maybe part of me feels like I wasted an entire decade or so living in fandoms and... especially since my old group of buddies has moved on, it's just... lost all appeal. And I can't seem to be that person again who could just read books in the same way I would've as a child or teenager.

I just... really miss the days when I was younger and it was a lot easier to be able to say, "Yes, I want this, this is exactly what will keep me enthralled for at least a few weeks" and then be able to lose myself in it. Because... it's like.... I dunno, I'm not sure how to explain it.

In some ways, I actually feel that I live a lot healthier these days, because back then all I was doing was trying to hide from reality and my crazy family back when everything was dysfunctional. These days.... both my mom and I find it extremely difficult to read anything anymore or delve into TV shows quite like we used to. We're a bit more grounded in reality I guess, and we actually communicate a lot better than we used to. It's just....

Maybe in some ways... I'm still trying to recover from some things and figure some stuff out. Buuuuuuut.... it also just seems like.... what exactly ARE you supposed to do with yourself, when you finally outgrow the one thing that used to be your consistent go-to for more than a decade?

I'm in my third decade of life now... gradually crawling toward my fourth. In some ways, I'm happier, but I also feel more confined, feeling like I've lost a lot and been left behind by a lot of people, and... I still feel like I haven't exactly found that thing yet that is supposed to be the next direction in my life.

It feels like all I have right now is my household routine and responsibilities, my family unit, God, and.... this stupid, vain hope I might go to Norway oneday. And I still don't know yet if the lattermost is based in any kind of reality or not.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
Try something new...explore more...If you stay at home most of the time maybe try something like baking...try cooking new dishes 😊...plant something in your backyard...grow some flowers, or vegetables...or maybe teach English online...😊

Maybe in some ways... I'm still trying to recover from some things and figure some stuff out. Buuuuuuut.... it also just seems like.... what exactly ARE you supposed to do with yourself, when you finally outgrow the one thing that used to be your consistent go-to for more than a decade?

I'm in my third decade of life now... gradually crawling toward my fourth. In some ways, I'm happier, but I also feel more confined, feeling like I've lost a lot and been left behind by a lot of people, and... I still feel like I haven't exactly found that thing yet that is supposed to be the next direction in my life.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
your thirties are a great time to explore things, but it takes time to reach that equilibrium
But its not till you reach 40 I suppose that God really puts you on track for everything Hes trained you for.
(If youve lasted that long) .

Im supposing Norway is quite a way way from where you are right now and its not like you can just hop on a plane and go there. Without quarantine or anything!

There are lots of places I havent been to yet (I did a lot of travelling in my twenties) that Id love to go one day but I know in my heart where my home is, (on this earth anyway) and its good to have roots. God has appointed the times and places where we are born. I often think of that verse in the Bible when I want to question Him like why wasnt I born anywhere else? Why this particular family?

I could have been born in Hong kong, Paris, or Timbuktu for all I know!

Gardening is actually very healing, I would recommend it for all. When God was like you need a sabbatical and learn how to garden, I was like wHat? I was at a point in my life where I was had a seemingly good steady job but was bored to death of it and there was this glass ceiling or more like brick wall that I kept hitting.

Boy was my mum mad when I quit my job lol. She probably thought the gravy train had ended. You dont just quit a job. Or if you do you find another one like straight away. But I cant live like that and be a robot.
My soul wont let me. haha

thirties angst is understandable. It usually in thirties that both men and women completely panic and start hooking up with anyone thats left, scared to death they will never find anyone else, and make really bad decisions that they then need to undo ten years later....?! Cos I know people like that.

Mar 1, 2021
Well, maybe I'll end up in Norway during my 40's then if it is truly something that is meant to be lol. (Which is still doubtful, but for some reason I'm hopeful.)

Anyway I get what you're saying. Many years ago, I once had a friend who went through some terrible things, and since she never talked to me about it much I don't even know the full details to this day. But... I know she had been married twice, and she had heavily implicated that she regretted getting married because she once wrote on her blog, "Never get married just because you're lonely... just because you think that being alone is more unbearable." Or something to that extent.

I know for a fact that she came from a household where... well, I don't even know much, but apparently her mom was a born-again-Christian, her dad was an atheist, and.... I don't know anything else, simply that apparently some very, very insane things went on while she was growing up. Perhaps that is a huge part of why she chose losers, as she once said herself.

Her first ex ended up being arrested for second degree murder long after their divorce. Her second ex was apparently very unstable. Her third ex ended up being a womanizer who made her feel happy and fulfilled at first, until she found out she was just the latest in a long run of ladies he'd befriended and he already had a new one lined up despite still being with her at the time.

I guess my point is... I still can't help but wonder if upbringing has something to do with choosing the wrong person sometimes.

At the very least............... I can honestly say I never chose anyone who did anything THAT bad, and for the most part... anybody I developed a crush on... they ended up hurting me somehow, but only emotionally and in more of a girl-with-puppy-dog-school-crush-found-out-this-boy-isn't-what-she-thought kind of way. I should probably consider myself extremely blessed... especially since most of the guys I'd met had one awesome quality; they were honest for the most part.

It has come to my attention, though, that I tend to gear toward guys who have... qualities that remind me of my dad, or perhaps even both of my parents a bit... perhaps my Grandfather as well.

Anyway, if anyone is still reading this thread... I guess I do have a question.

So... it was mentioned that 30's-angst is a thing... and I am starting to believe it, as I have been angsting over things that I can't even begin to articulate yet. Buuuut....

I am curious... how different is it, when you enter your 40's? Does it get better? Do you feel God has sorted some things out by that point?

Thanks in advance.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well so far the sky hasnt fallen
maybe its just me though as God was calling me in my thirties and He was kinda like just because you are a christian doesnt mean you have to suddenly go get married just because people tend to do that in churches lol.

Moses really didnt do a lot until his forties. I dont think it depends on whether you are male or female either. when you are in Christ, those distinctions dont really matter. Your focus is on more spiritual things and how you can love others, not for anything you could gain out of it, but because thats what God wants. He sees a need, and He equips you to do something about it.

Mar 1, 2021
well so far the sky hasnt fallen
maybe its just me though as God was calling me in my thirties and He was kinda like just because you are a christian doesnt mean you have to suddenly go get married just because people tend to do that in churches lol.

Moses really didnt do a lot until his forties. I dont think it depends on whether you are male or female either. when you are in Christ, those distinctions dont really matter. Your focus is on more spiritual things and how you can love others, not for anything you could gain out of it, but because thats what God wants. He sees a need, and He equips you to do something about it.
This actually helped me quite a bit. It reminds me of something that a Christian preacher said on the radio a loooong time ago, where maybe part of the reason why it takes so long for some people's lives to get going depends on the stubbornness of the individual and how much training it requires. Like.. I don't remember the exact details, but he basically said that it took Moses 40ish years of growing up and spend 20ish years (or whatever it was) in the ministry God chose for him. And that there were other individuals in the Bible who didn't need as much time training, they started much younger and spent many more years doing things for God.

In some ways.... it really is food for thought. Especially since Jesus promises in the parable of the field workers that those who do work for God will all receive the same because of God's graciousness and generosity.

It could also be that different people are meant for different types of work. Apparently one of my former friends surpassed me very much in terms of emotional and spiritual maturity, and is well on her way to going through college and becoming a midwife, plus she is married with three kids. As for me... I seem to keep going through periods where I regress before I can advance, and my development seems to be much slower and keeps going in different directions than nearly everyone else I've known.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well sometimes its like that two steps forward, and three back.

I see a lot of children now are lagging behind (why is it called the human RACE) and have lots of struggles to even get to adulthood but there are others that dont even have a childhood because maybe their parents died or left them and they basically have to run the household and look after their siblings when they are just 7 years old. They'll leave school or drop out at 15 because they need to earn money to keep a roof over their head

And some will do this without even knowing or learning how to read, write, or do sums. I think you cant compare yourself with others all the time. We all certain struggles in life that we need to face. and its not all once size fits all in this world anyway,

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hey @Lenoralana,

Sorry to bump an older thread, but I was just wondering how you're doing?

Any updates?

I hope you're doing well. :)