KEYS TO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.....KEYS. KEYS!πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Mat.16:19 And I will GIVE unto YOU the KEYS of the kingdom of heaven!πŸ™ What do keys do? Well of course they unlock what is protected,safe,hidden away ect.ect. I want to hear about keys in your life in the word that have unlocked your faith,hope,comfort ect.ect.
In the context, I think of "Keys of Kingdom" as both membership and the ability to share the wonderful truth of salvation with others. For me personally, I think of faith and total surrender in and to the love of Jesus. He took it from there. Other resources He has given us are prayer, meditating on the written word, fellowship (like we are sharing right now)… so many things. He is so good to us.

U

UnderGrace

I was agreeing up to this sentence. Are you sure you didn't mean ' the eternal covenant God gave to Abraham'? As the one given to Moses was surpassed by a 'better' covenant according to the Book of Hebrews, Jeremiah, 2Cor etc.
Yes my mistake :)

Jul 23, 2018
In the context, I think of "Keys of Kingdom" as both membership and the ability to share the wonderful truth of salvation with others. For me personally, I think of faith and total surrender in and to the love of Jesus. He took it from there. Other resources He has given us are prayer, meditating on the written word, fellowship (like we are sharing right now)… so many things. He is so good to us.
Jesus put it in context in mat 16
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Jesus said keys were aurhority.
Thats all it says...keys are authority.
He gave them /us, His disciples,authority.
Thats what Jesus said

Jul 23, 2018
Still awaiting a response from the NAR / Hyper-Pentecostal crowd that is posting here.
Nope
They are not.
I pay little attention to them.
Doesnt mean the office is invalid anymore than shipwrect believers establish any precident for salvation.

Jul 23, 2018
Well finally, a post not assuming things. Thank you.
Besides having the oversight of the Churches at that time (e.g. 1Cor 5:1-5),
Apostolic Authority included their official writings to be as good as Scripture. Many buffoons today running around claiming they are Apostles and Prophets are not and their writings do not equal Scripture.
Nope
The Holy Spirit wrote through them.
It was not that "their writings"carried an office of authority so much so that they are "as good as" scripture.
The word of God was spoken through them in those letters.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Nope
They are not.
I pay little attention to them.
Doesnt mean the office is invalid anymore than shipwrect believers establish any precident for salvation.
Nope
The Holy Spirit wrote through them.
It was not that "their writings"carried an office of authority so much so that they are "as good as" scripture.
The word of God was spoken through them in those letters.
So are you saying that Prophets and Apostles are alive today where God speaks directly to them giving us NEW revelation? Or anyone for that matter where what they say or write is on par with Scripture?
If so, let's head back to Rome.

Jul 23, 2018
So are you saying that Prophets and Apostles are alive today where God speaks directly to them giving us NEW revelation? Or anyone for that matter where what they say or write is on par with Scripture?
If so, let's head back to Rome.
Apostle means sent.
Sent to start churches.
Any disciple of Christ may prophesy.

For example doing what Jesus did.
The woman at the well is an example where the Holy Spirit was "reading her mail"
"These signs SHALL FOLLOW those that believe"

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Apostle means sent.
Sent to start churches.
Any disciple of Christ may prophesy.

For example doing what Jesus did.
The woman at the well is an example where the Holy Spirit was "reading her mail"
"These signs SHALL FOLLOW those that believe"
Ok, you are talking about Missionaries.
I was referring to those who claim to have the same Authority of the Prophets and Apostles...big difference.

Besides, when a disciple today 'prophecies' it is not inerrant like God's Prophets and Apostles.

Mar 28, 2016
I was referring to those who claim to have the same Authority of the Prophets and Apostles...big difference.

Besides, when a disciple today 'prophecies' it is not inerrant like God's Prophets and Apostles.
The media they bring is the word of God we all have the same authority he sends thos out with called apostles If a person is defending the faith that defends them its never of there own self. Not one apostle of the 27 listed would what they did have they did not receive from God.

You are simply supporting Catholisicim. Why would as it seems venerate a person for the work God performs in them ? Why not venerate God according to His labor of love. Why puff up the apostles above that which is written ?

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Jul 23, 2018

Thayers
Definition:

1. a delegate, messenger, one sent forth with orders
a. specifically applied to the twelve apostles of Christ
b. in a broader sense applied to other eminent Christian teachers
1. of Barnabas
2. of Timothy and Silvanus

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The media they bring is the word of God we all have the same authority he sends thos out with called apostles If a person is defending the faith that defends them its never of there own self. Not one apostle of the 27 listed would what they did have they did not receive from God.

You are simply supporting Catholisicim. Why would as it seems venerate a person for the work God performs in them ? Why not venerate God according to His labor of love. Why puff up the apostles above that which is written ?

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
Strange, I'm battling with an RCC on another Forum over Sola Scriptura.
I don't puff up the apostles above what is written...
Acts 17:11 (KJV) These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Now could you give me just one example of a person living today that is giving us new revelation which is equal with Scripture...just one?
If not, then you are agreeing with me...unless you say the Pope, and then it's you who is agreeing with Rome.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Thayers
Definition:

1. a delegate, messenger, one sent forth with orders
a. specifically applied to the twelve apostles of Christ
b. in a broader sense applied to other eminent Christian teachers
1. of Barnabas
2. of Timothy and Silvanus
Missionaries fit Thayer's definition also.

Let me ask you the same question I asked Garee,
"Could you give me just one example of a person living today that is giving us new revelation which is equal with Scripture...just one? "

Mar 28, 2016
Strange, I'm battling with an RCC on another Forum over Sola Scriptura.
I don't puff up the apostles above what is written...
Acts 17:11 (KJV) These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Now could you give me just one example of a person living today that is giving us new revelation which is equal with Scripture...just one?

If not, then you are agreeing with me...unless you say the Pope, and then it's you who is agreeing with Rome.
There was none equal to scripture before the word "sent ones" (apostles) was used. Authoritative ones or venerable ones was added to the meaning destroying it purpose through the bible.

There are no new revelations .We have all we need sealed up till the end of time. That's a Catholic thing called a called private revelations . They would dare not add another chapter to the bible .Even though they claim to be the Cannon revealer authority .

Give me one example why I would hold those sent with the word above that which is written We attribute no authority to those sent. Its what they are carrying as it s written The apostles n have no authority for God choseing them to put his word in there mouth that would Balaam s Ass . Its not a messenger that contains the authority ….but the mesesge

2 Corinthians 12:6For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
There was none equal to scripture before the word "sent ones" (apostles) was used. Authoritative ones or venerable ones was added to the meaning destroying it purpose through the bible.

There are no new revelations .We have all we need sealed up till the end of time. That's a Catholic thing called a called private revelations . They would dare not add another chapter to the bible .Even though they claim to be the Cannon revealer authority .

Give me one example why I would hold those sent with the word above that which is written We attribute no authority to those sent. Its what they are carrying as it s written The apostles n have no authority for God choseing them to put his word in there mouth that would Balaam s Ass . Its not a messenger that contains the authority ….but the mesesge

For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.
Could you give me just one example of a person living today that is giving us new revelation which is equal with Scripture...just one? this is where this convo started...over authority. If you think any man today has the DELEGATED authority the Apostles had back then show me one.
Otherwise your thinking I am holding the Apostles higher than any man is just a delusion.