Kids?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MollyConnor

How many kids do you want? I often think about this. It's weird because just a few years ago I didn't want any. Now that I'm older I would like some. I want three. Two boys and a girl. :p

Of course not until I'm married obviously.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I'm not sure how many I wanted when I was just starting out but ended up only have my daughter. She is 37 years old with 5 kids. She has 3 girls and the twins were born on Feb 1.

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

I want the same amount now that I have always wanted. Zero.

I am not the right kind of guy to be a father. I probably should have been handled like a bull calf and "taken care of" when I was about 12 years old.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
How many kids do you want? I often think about this. It's weird because just a few years ago I didn't want any. Now that I'm older I would like some. I want three. Two boys and a girl. :p

Of course not until I'm married obviously.
...but you probably will be someday. :)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Teaching kids in Children's Church is okay. When I come up with the perfect object lesson to grab their attention, when they actually listen to the lesson...

Kids of my own is not okay. They would not be okay and I would not be okay. I don't have anywhere near the patience necessary to raise kids.

Now if I met a lady and we wound up getting married, that's a different story. But I'm not going to spend a lot of mental energy thinking about that until/unless I happen to fall into that particular situation.

S

Stranger36147

No. I suppose I could change my mind later, but for now I don't want kids.

T

TemporaryCircumstances

2 kiddos.
One boy and one girl.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
When I was younger I wanted like 12 and the thought of not having them was horrifying... now I'm older...I'm OK with the possibility of not having any, or having a few.

S

Stranger36147

When I was younger I wanted like 12 and the thought of not having them was horrifying... now I'm older...I'm OK with the possibility of not having any, or having a few.
Twelve?! Were you looking to start your own nation of people like Jacob did?

mochi

May 26, 2015
I dont really like kids.. I'm OK with them but its kinda awkward for me to get near kids..
kids always trying to get your attention, and if you ignore it they will more and more nosy.. while on my side? i have no ideas what to do..awkward..

but, i definitely want kids on my own..
maybe 2 (so they have sibling and not alone).. but then, what if i cant raise them well?? but i want them someday.. but, thinking about the pain bearing and giving birth scared me as well :cool:

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
The same amount I always want.

Unless, it's twins. I would like twins. Twins would be cool.

T

Tinuviel

I come from a family of ten kids. I loved growing up that way and always wanted to top it. No more than 16, though :p. Only mildly serious about 16...but I downright love kids. I'd love a big family. My definition of big is six or more.

T

TemporaryCircumstances

The same amount I always want.

Unless, it's twins. I would like twins. Twins would be cool.
I'm the opposite.
The "twin gene" skips a generation in my family and it would be my turn to have twins. So I'm adopting

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
If I could have planned my family, I would have liked at least four children, seven at the most. I picture me and my husband being really old, at Christmas, with much family around, as we sit by the fireplace. Our children have children, and some of them have children. I rest in my heart knowing that my children can share the physical and financial burden of taking care of their parents in their old age, so that it's not hard on one.

And they also have children who will not be over burdened taking care of them when they get old. With many siblings, they have someone who will always be there for them. This world is tough enough- emotionally, financially, physically- and by giving them more siblings to help in times of need, they'll have an easier life, filled with more love.

I've given birthday parties for my child, and only the two of us were there. My kids are 12 years apart, so it's like each one was an only child. And both of them shead tears about it. They both asked me why I can't just meet a guy so they can have a dad and siblings. My son was seven, on a park swing when we talked, and I said "You know, even if I was pregnant right now, the child wouldn't be your age." Silent tears rolled down his little face and broke my heart.

In third grade my daughter won an award, not from the school, but from the state of Michigan. I was the only family at her award ceremony. A few from Church came, and that helped. But in my experience, there has always been sadness in my family's low number count.

You shouldn't have kids if you can't take care of them! But if the only consideration is how many, my advice to you is not to have an only child, give them some sibling(s), and put some more good, loving, chilristian people in this world.

"Your children will be like shoots around your table."

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2016
2 daughters and 1 son, perfer the boy to be born first to protect / watch over his sisters as well.

T

TemporaryCircumstances

2 daughters and 1 son, perfer the boy to be born first to protect his sisters.
My brothers would never protect me
It's always been big sis to go knock some sense into people
I know "big sisters" that would be willing to do anything for their siblings boy or girl