Kind of excited

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 17, 2018
Last week the head church lady told me she's going to a bunch of Catholic churches to try to get the young singles to join a singles group. It's going to be 18 to 25 in one group and then 26 to 40 in the other. She told me she wants me to help her run our church chapter. I just hope I can meet a good man.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Catholicism is NOT Christianity. Your profile says you're a Christian, saved at birth. I'm sorry but it's impossible to get saved at birth. You need to be at an age where you know who God is, and can confess with your mouth that He is your Lord and Savior. Babies are incapable of doing that..

Also, the bible says to not be unequally yoked. I would concentrate on
truly getting saved as a Christian, THEN focus on meeting a nice Christian guy. :) NOT a catholic guy, because once again, catholicism is NOT Christianity.

D-a-n

Jun 28, 2019
hope, you meet :rolleyes::)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Thank you blue lady bug for dependably blasting newbies right out of the gate. Such a great way to be a witness. :rolleyes:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Last week the head church lady told me she's going to a bunch of Catholic churches to try to get the young singles to join a singles group. It's going to be 18 to 25 in one group and then 26 to 40 in the other. She told me she wants me to help her run our church chapter. I just hope I can meet a good man.
One never knows... Anything is possible, including finding a good man. There are still some out there.

Jan 15, 2019
Durban
God bless you sister... Hope you find your soul mate one day. Pray about it, mediate upon the scriptures and God will lead the way. 🙏❤️

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I would say that if all goes as planned your odds of finding a good man will increase dramatically.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Thank you blue lady bug for dependably blasting newbies right out of the gate. Such a great way to be a witness. :rolleyes:
I did not "blast" her. And she's not a newbie. She's been here since April of 2018. Her focus should be on getting truly saved as a Christian. Her profile says saved at birth, which is impossible, so her focus should DEFINITELY be on getting saved.

Or would you rather I had stayed quiet and let her believe that she is saved? And possibly meet a catholic mate who she would be unequally yoked to? Now THAT would NOT be a good witness.. RollEyes.gif

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
OP, I hope you meet people. Even if you don’t find a guy to date, making friends is also a good thing!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Catholicism is NOT Christianity. Your profile says you're a Christian, saved at birth. I'm sorry but it's impossible to get saved at birth. You need to be at an age where you know who God is, and can confess with your mouth that He is your Lord and Savior. Babies are incapable of doing that..

Also, the bible says to not be unequally yoked. I would concentrate on truly getting saved as a Christian, THEN focus on meeting a nice Christian guy. :) NOT a catholic guy, because once again, catholicism is NOT Christianity.
I'm a Catholic guy who is a Christian. I've met a few peeps from other denominations that were Christian too but not all of them. The unequally yoked counsel was sound however.

K

Kim82

I did not "blast" her. And she's not a newbie. She's been here since April of 2018. Her focus should be on getting truly saved as a Christian. Her profile says saved at birth, which is impossible, so her focus should DEFINITELY be on getting saved.

Or would you rather I had stayed quiet and let her believe that she is saved? And possibly meet a catholic mate who she would be unequally yoked to? Now THAT would NOT be a good witness.. View attachment 200687
Some will beat around the bush
Some will play hypocrite
While others will get straight to the point.

OP may you find a good man. But more importantly, may you find true salvation.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
You're a good man.
SHHHH! What are you trying to do, blow my cover?! :p
OP, I hope you meet people. Even if you don’t find a guy to date, making friends is also a good thing!
I heard that! I'd rather make friends than find a spouse any day. It's always good to meet good people.

And who knows? Someday a friend may become a spouse.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
SHHHH! What are you trying to do, blow my cover?! :p

I heard that! I'd rather make friends than find a spouse any day. It's always good to meet good people.

And who knows? Someday a friend may become a spouse.
That's a logical progression with those so inclined. :)

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
There is nothing wrong with wanting to meet a good man=) (rather than bald-- oops, sori the typo, i mean bad)... I hope you meet many and have many Godly friendships.

G

Godsgirl83

I'm sure in a group like that you will meet a few good men.
And when it comes to finding a mate, well to quote out friend Eshton:
God will lead the way
Blessings!

Brandon123

May 15, 2019
Are you a catholic?

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
I know for a fact that some guys goto church just to pick up the ladies, they will even hit on married woman. So, be careful what you wish for. Some woman probably goto church to meet a guy, so the two can meet. Is church a place to go to find a mate, or a place of worship and fellowship?

Older church members have tried to hook me up with their daughter or other single woman, but I was never looking. O.k., not trying to be a prune here, but it gets old after a while. If marriage is so good, why is there a 50% divorce rate?

Anyways,

Found a website that states the three most popular places to meet a mate are....

1. Through friends
2. At work
3. At bars/public places.

So, first get a network of friends, a steady job, and finally, go out with your friends and spend money having fun. You will probably meet someone in that environment.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, if you don't want to meet a mate. Don't have any friends, don't have a job, and you can't go out, because you got no money.

https://www.bustle.com/p/the-most-p...ting-their-significant-others-in-2018-8075828

Your welcome!

1562679368473.jpeg

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Nice to hear that your church is trying to do something to create space for single believers to fellowship with each other. Be sure to let us know how things go and if there's anything we can do to support you as you take on some of the responsibilities of leadership for this group.