K
Thats the flag you fly
i confirm it is definitely "Aussie"Ah. Most of the time we go by 'Aussie', but no matter.
Ah. Most of the time we go by 'Aussie', but no matter.
At the risk of repeating myself, 'American', I don't have a problem with people reading the KJV. In all caps, so it's clear
I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE READING THE KJV.
I am not 'deviant[sic]' against it at all. I don't have a problem with hymns (I even posted in a seperate sub-forum a number of hymns that I love). The problem I have is with people demanding EVERYONE should read the KJV (or for that matter, sing only hymns), and use incredibly fallacious arguments to do so. You re-ask questions that I have already furnished you with answers to, I ask you question that you don't answer. If I am defiant against anything, it's against juvenile, poorly reasoned arguments that seem more interested in attacking people than actually trying to have anything even vaguely resembling a rational discussion.
Hey, just for CC members I have the old rugged cross updated and put in language that even stupid can understand. Normally its cost 69.99. But this is limited time offer, I can put the old rugged cross in terms that you can understand and pass down to your children. But wait there is more. I will also throw in "oh how I love Jesus" for just 3 dollars more. Its in a language that you can understand and have no need of geek and Hebrew. Just trust me and if you act now in the next 30 minutes I will throw in the miracle spring water that Moses struck from the rock. For just 19.99.
No just weeding.
No, not insinuating anything sinister, but accusations are out there.Ignoring for a moment that being found in a waste paper basket doesn't really say this or that about about whether the text is valuable or not (that Tischendorf saved it at all surely shows that it is), the vellum and writing on them have been paleographically dated to the 4th century. Are you suggesting that Tischendorf rewrote the text that he found? If not, what are you insinuating by the remark that he pieced the pieces together?
Apart from translation, you mean? I think that's overkill. There might be 1 or 2 thousand variant readings between the TR/KJV and the critical text/modern translations, but almost all of those are incredibly minor. This is out of however many hundreds upon thousands of words there are in the Bible. For my sake, cna you spell out specific instances where this is very significant, based on your comparative reading of the KJV and, by way of example, the NASB?
Okay, the NASB:It depends on what you mean by right and wrong. No doctrine of the faith is especially effected by the differences. Individual verses might be right or wrong, but the number of them is so tiny it barely impinges on the unified witness of the text.
It is the most honest, most accurate,I'd question why the KJV earns the position of final authority...
No, not insinuating anything sinister, but accusations are out there.
I remember reading that Tischendorf only got part of it on his initial visit to the monastery,
and that he came back one or more times attempting to procure the remainder.
Can't give you the source. Read that a long time ago.
Okay, the NASB:
John 6:47 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life.
Two manuscripts agree that this is translated correctly.
The KJV:
John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
Five thousand manuscripts agree that this is translated correctly.
That is a blatant doctrine-of-faith issue.
There are dozens, maybe hundreds, of similar examples.
I'm picky. It matters to me.
John 6 NASB said:35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen Me, and yet do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. 40 For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”41 Therefore the Jews were grumbling about Him, because He said, “I am the bread that came down out of heaven.”42 They were saying, “Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How does He now say, ‘I have come down out of heaven’?” 43 Jesus answered and said to them, “Do not grumble among yourselves. 44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. 45 It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught of God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me. 46 Not that anyone has seen the Father, except the One who is from God; He has seen the Father. 47 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes [KVJ/TR/Maj adds here; "on me"] has eternal life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. 50 This is the bread which comes down out of heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh.”
It is the most honest, most accurate,
most complete translation we have in English,
and English is the only language I speak, read, and write.
Perhaps not at the moment of salvation, but all Christians would eventually read the Bible. I think you need to read the Bible to know what is truth and what is not. The Bible commends searching the Scriptures for truth, and I believe if the Holy Spirit is in you, you will want to read God's plain words in Scripture. What is the purpose of the Holy Spirit according to Jesus? "But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit—the Father will send Him in My name—will teach you all things and remind you of everything I have told you." (John 14:26)
I have more than one friend who was led to read the Bible after converting. I can't conceive of a Christian who does not read God's words (even though sometimes it might be hard to really knuckle down and do it!). Note, though, that reading the Bible as a Christian does not require you to be a Bible scholar or textual critic (although that can be a good thing!). God's words are fundamentally simple, you don't need a PhD to follow his written commands.
Well, I don't believe communication from God is restricted to 16th century english.
So your a dummy, can't help that. I guess some people need things simplified. What will you do with the old rugged cross or will amazing grace fade away. The bible that has stood for 1,000 years you toss away and rely on the profits of a new idiot version. May God bless you and keep you. Could you ever read the Psalms the same. I pray for those left behind me.
Taking note:
We all have our own stories in our own experiences, and can learn from one another, and taking whatever one says not as truth, but sifting all through our new hearts for confirmation from God to what is truth and what is error, do you think God will sort this out
Romans 14:4
New International Version (NIV)
[SUP]4 [/SUP]Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.
I recall one topic from a while ago where a KJV onlyist listed 20 or so priorities for Christian beliefs, and believing in KJV onlyism was ranked higher on his scale than believing that Jesus died for our sins.
So, resorting to insults and having a superiority complex akin to the Pharisees. More reasons I'll never be a KJV onlyist. There is something very (spiritually) wrong with the KJV onlyists, but I can never quite put my finger on it.
Is it possible a cult masquerading as being good? To me anything as onlyism is never God's way. if one claims onlyism, are they not claiming their own way as they see it to be?. Which is the same as just loving those that love you., hmm!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luke 6:32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them.
So are we seeing men that have been blinded by self works, now?
Um... the hymns aren't the inspired words of God?
I feel like eating an apple right now. Or maybe an orange. I don't know, they're so DIFFERENT...