Know what you missed?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019
You miss the coming of Elijah preparing the way.
You miss the fire from heaven
You miss anti-Christs return
You miss the one thing preventing anti-Christ from claiming the temple

These are just a few of the things missing from your present teaching on the End Times. Everyone of this is clearly sitting out in the open and yet completely missed. I am not a Bible scholar by any means just one of the weak and foolish thing of this world that the Lord is famous for using. Yep that is my one qualification "weak and foolish." Here is how clear these things are presented in Scripture. We are told there is a false prophet and we know that before the Messiah, yes I know He came to thousand years ago, but the false Messiah must have a prophet false or otherwise prepare the way of his coming. WE also know the prophet apostate Israel is expecting is the Prophet Elijah. The false Elijah is going to be the first one to validate that this being is the Messiah.

How will the false Elijah do this? Again we have the way clearly written He will call fire down from heaven. That we know is how Elijah proved that his God was the one true God. Using what will seem to be the very thing Elijah did the false Elijah will authenticate anti-Christ as the one true God. But there is something else that needs to be done and without anti-Christ is just another guy wanting to be Messiah and that item is fire from heaven. Any other fire is called "Strange Fire" and cannot be used in what is a very important feature the Temple. None of the beings we are dealing are God and therefore they cannot actually bring fire from heaven. The do lying sins and wonders and here comes a doozy. Anti-Christ and Christ have something in common, lightening. Both are said to be coming back as lightening. This lightening is going to be the fire that comes down from heaven for anti-Christ it will be counterfeiting the Shekinah Glory. Of course Christ is returning in the true Shekinah Glory that we are told He will destroy anti-Christ etc with the splendor of His coming. Anti-Christ makes quite an entrance. Now with the fire from heaven anti-Christ goes to the temple and claims it as his own. For 3 and a half years anti-Christ will be the Lamb who is a ravenous beast and when the time comes he will turn on this apostate portion of Israel. Then he goes on a rampage against first the apostate portion of Israel after the 3 1/2 years pass but then he turns on the faithful Remnant and the only way they can be saved is by going through a rocky red sea. The entire events of those last days so far dwarf what is the accept teaching of our time.

TooFastTurtle

Apr 10, 2019
Which part of this is missing? Most Churches I have ever visited teach this. This is the standard dispensational eschatology at display here, only thing out of the ordinary was no mention of the pre-trib rapture.

What did I miss in your post? Can you clarify to me.

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019
Which part of this is missing? Most Churches I have ever visited teach this. This is the standard dispensational eschatology at display here, only thing out of the ordinary was no mention of the pre-trib rapture.

What did I miss in your post? Can you clarify to me.
Please tell me what churches teach these things I want to go to them. I have never found a church that teaches them. I have heard churches teach the actual story of Elijah never as the false prophet in the end times. Who teaches the false prophet brings down the fire of heaven that is the Shekinah Glory. Please direct me to any church where I can get tapes on these subjects. Putting these things on this site has brought derision because they have not heard them taught. Please let me know of these most churches teaching these things. I am dying to know that I might not feel all alone when I speak to others about these things. You have really got me excited please send the names. Thanks and God bless. By the way would you like to help me make these known on the site so I don’t have to do it alone. Do you have a favorite End Times teaching that you would share with me. Thanks. I am so excited to hear from you. God bless

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Funny how people always think they have seen what everyone else has missed. So many Christian's desperate to out smart other Christian's by seeing things everyone else has missed. Believing they are somehow more well spiritually endowed.

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019
Funny how people always think they have seen what everyone else has missed. So many Christian's desperate to out smart other Christian's by seeing things everyone else has missed. Believing they are somehow more well spiritually endowed.
Well now you read my heart I better not say another word because you are the all knowing standard. Instead of coming across like a spiritual jerk address the things I said. Does a false prophet come. Will the expectation be that he will be Elijah. Is the Lord and anti-Christ coming both described as lightening / must fire come down from heaven for the temple to function? These are the things to disprove and I welcome and look forward to reading your every word of your rebuke. By the way there is a whole bunch more you can prove wrong if you really want to humiliate me. Please start with disproving first.

Does the temple need fire from heaven?

Where do they get the fire?

I got you started see your work pretty soon. Thanks and God bless.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I don't see why you would need to go to a church to be taught things that, apparently, you already know.

Sub-h nailed it. Instead of humbly asking, you asserted that most churches don't teach these things (and implied that they are therefore inferior). He merely reflected the arrogance you showed in your first post. You accused him of your error.

There's a better way.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Well now you read my heart I better not say another word because you are the all knowing standard. Instead of coming across like a spiritual jerk address the things I said. Does a false prophet come. Will the expectation be that he will be Elijah. Is the Lord and anti-Christ coming both described as lightening / must fire come down from heaven for the temple to function? These are the things to disprove and I welcome and look forward to reading your every word of your rebuke. By the way there is a whole bunch more you can prove wrong if you really want to humiliate me. Please start with disproving first.

Does the temple need fire from heaven?

Where do they get the fire?

I got you started see your work pretty soon. Thanks and God bless.
I did address the things you said. Just not in the way you intended me to. And therefore you refuse my response and attempt to challenge my ego into the argument you want, that you have come prepared for.
Perhaps a person needs to prove themselves before expecting people to accept their message? But those seeking to be above others are never willing to hold their tongue and prove their character or other qualities. They simply expect that others will be wowed by their grand spiritual insights.
I see this on the site Constantly. A never ending stream of people who have somehow seen what 1000s and millions of others have missed.
Forgive me for growing tired of people expecting me to simply accept their spiritual genius. Or to give it a chance. My days are better filled doing other things. Anything.

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019
I did address the things you said. Just not in the way you intended me to. And therefore you refuse my response and attempt to challenge my ego into the argument you want, that you have come prepared for.
Perhaps a person needs to prove themselves before expecting people to accept their message? But those seeking to be above others are never willing to hold their tongue and prove their character or other qualities. They simply expect that others will be wowed by their grand spiritual insights.
I see this on the site Constantly. A never ending stream of people who have somehow seen what 1000s and millions of others have missed.
Forgive me for growing tired of people expecting me to simply accept their spiritual genius. Or to give it a chance. My days are better filled doing other things. Anything.[/
In relation to the end times and those events you address zero.

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019
I don't see why you would need to go to a church to be taught things that, apparently, you already know.

Sub-h nailed it. Instead of humbly asking, you asserted that most churches don't teach these things (and implied that they are therefore inferior). He merely reflected the arrogance you showed in your first post. You accused him of your error.

There's a better way.
Hi Dino246, I was wondering if snwashoing to bring his mjnjon and he did. Living breathing cliches. Nice meeting you.

Heyjude

Sep 7, 2019
Not commenting on Elijah or that post, but when you say its strange some people notice other people don't, of course they do?

For instance, Romeo and Juliet. You can study Shakespeare all your life and have a degree in English Literature and still not know the meaning of Shakespeare's message. If you overlook who Roseline is, you have no idea who Romeo is or why he is so prone to "fall in love with the last girl he sees".

I didn't know that until someone pointed it out to me years ago, and they were not trying to outsmart anyone. They just had a genuine love for Shakespeare and why he wrote what he wrote. Not everyone is trying to get "one up" you know. Otherwise, what are teachers for if everyone knows everything already? You don't have to assume the worst in people in the first instance, that's all. Just sayin...

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Well, I've mentioned in past posts both the Joel 2:31 [parallel 6th Seal Rev6:12] and Malachi 4:5's "BEFORE the GREAT" reference, which I believe refers specifically to "BEFORE the GREAT [aspect of the tribulation period; i.e. 'before the 2nd half']"; meaning, [early] in the first half of the 7-yr period (that is, FOLLOWING "our Rapture/Departure"--IOW, I don't believe we ['the Church which is His body'] will see it)

Heyjude

Sep 7, 2019
I am sure some Churches teach but they don't where I live or any nearby nor ever have. Its all about worship. The USA has some great teaching services which really go into the Bible, but in England I have been on a "Church Hunt" for years and if you were a new believer, its all about Worship and Ceremony with a lot of them, but if you can find one with a good Pastor/Vicar or Preacher then you might learn something. Other than that they have Bible Study which you can join separately usually run by one of the congregation. If you were to turn up at one of these Churches, not knowing the Bible or the characters, you might have to look elsewhere to learn about them near me anyhow.

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019
Well, I've mentioned in past posts both the Joel 2:31 [parallel 6th Seal Rev6:12] and Malachi 4:5's "BEFORE the GREAT" reference, which I believe refers specifically to "BEFORE the GREAT [aspect of the tribulation period; i.e. 'before the 2nd half']"; meaning, [early] in the first half of the 7-yr period (that is, FOLLOWING "our Rapture/Departure"--IOW, I don't believe we ['the Church which is His body'] will see it)
I am sorry if I did not respond I was kind of dumped on and I was in a state of shock. Sure would like to talk with have a conversation. Could we have a conversation? Thanks. God bless

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Hi Dino246, I was wondering if snwashoing to bring his mjnjon and he did. Living breathing cliches. Nice meeting you.
I’ve read this ten times and still can’t figure it out. Guess I missed it. Lol 😆

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I am sure some Churches teach but they don't where I live or any nearby nor ever have. Its all about worship. The USA has some great teaching services which really go into the Bible, but in England I have been on a "Church Hunt" for years and if you were a new believer, its all about Worship and Ceremony with a lot of them, but if you can find one with a good Pastor/Vicar or Preacher then you might learn something. Other than that they have Bible Study which you can join separately usually run by one of the congregation. If you were to turn up at one of these Churches, not knowing the Bible or the characters, you might have to look elsewhere to learn about them near me anyhow.
You make a fair point regarding the availability of good teaching locally. I realized in the first church I attended, over 25 years ago, that I could not rely on the pastor to teach me what I needed to learn. I don't think we were ever intended to; that's part of the reason why the Holy Spirit infills and teaches us directly from Scripture.

Material that isn't standard fare for Sunday morning sermons is readily available and has been for decades, but too many people treat it like it is special, which breeds an attitude of superiority, pride, and arrogance. In turn, too many people act like they will only accept instruction from their pastor or some big-name teacher, and refuse to consider anything that a mere fellow believer offers. That just perpetuates ignorance, resentment, and division.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I’ve read this ten times and still can’t figure it out. Guess I missed it. Lol 😆
It took me a moment as well... I think he fat-fingered "Sh was going" where "Sh" is short for "Subhumanoidal".

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
I am sorry if I did not respond I was kind of dumped on and I was in a state of shock. Sure would like to talk with have a conversation. Could we have a conversation? Thanks. God bless
Just now seeing this. Sure we can have a conversation, do you mean here on the open boards (I hope). I'm willing to discuss.

Just so you know (and I've put this before), I believe "the Day of the Lord" consists of all 3 of the following:

1) the 7-yr tribulation period upon the earth (the 'DARK' portion [incl'g its 'BEGINNING,' 'MIDDLE,' 'END']);

2) His Second Coming to the earth (the 'SUN of righteousness ARISE' portion); AND

3) the 1000-yr reign on/over the earth (the 'REIGN... GLORIOUSLY' portion)

...all three aspects.

Additionally, I believe we ('the Church which is His body') will experience "our Rapture/Departure" *FIRST* before "the DOTL" will be present to unfold upon the earth (with its "man of sin" and all he will DO over the course of those 7 yrs), per 2Th2:2-3 (and this SEQUENCE stated 3x in this text, which agrees with the SAME SEQUENCE as in 1Th chpts 4-5).

And, like I said earlier, I believe the Malachi 4:5 "BEFORE the GREAT" thing would then happen "in the first half of the 7-yr period [before the mid-point]," and that "the temple of God" being referred to in 2Th2:4 would just need to be present on the earth before the mid-point [approx.], but this is not the point-in-time of "the man of sin BE REVEALED" 2Th2:9a,8a,3b (which I believe is, instead, at the BEGINNING of the 7-yr period, not its mid-point as is commonly believed).

I'll be away from my desk for a good while, but do hope to get back some time later tonight. Looking forward to any conversation. :)

P.S. Are you thinking maybe there's a "'false ' start" of sorts? (I've pondered the idea before, myself)

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019

There's a better way.
Just now seeing this. Sure we can have a conversation, do you mean here on the open boards (I hope). I'm willing to discuss.

Just so you know (and I've put this before), I believe "the Day of the Lord" consists of all 3 of the following:

1) the 7-yr tribulation period upon the earth (the 'DARK' portion [incl'g its 'BEGINNING,' 'MIDDLE,' 'END']);

2) His Second Coming to the earth (the 'SUN of righteousness ARISE' portion); AND

3) the 1000-yr reign on/over the earth (the 'REIGN... GLORIOUSLY' portion)

...all three aspects.

Additionally, I believe we ('the Church which is His body') will experience "our Rapture/Departure" *FIRST* before "the DOTL" will be present to unfold upon the earth (with its "man of sin" and all he will DO over the course of those 7 yrs), per 2Th2:2-3 (and this SEQUENCE stated 3x in this text, which agrees with the SAME SEQUENCE as in 1Th chpts 4-5).

And, like I said earlier, I believe the Malachi 4:5 "BEFORE the GREAT" thing would then happen "in the first half of the 7-yr period [before the mid-point]," and that "the temple of God" being referred to in 2Th2:4 would just need to be present on the earth before the mid-point [approx.], but this is not the point-in-time of "the man of sin BE REVEALED" 2Th2:9a,8a,3b (which I believe is, instead, at the BEGINNING of the 7-yr period, not its mid-point as is commonly believed).

I'll be away from my desk for a good while, but do hope to get back some time later tonight. Looking forward to any conversation. :)

P.S. Are you thinking maybe there's a "'false ' start" of sorts? (I've pondered the idea before, myself)
We now have anti-Christ having passed himself off as King/Messiah reigning in the temple but having been on earth before he got a taste for the finer things in life and he has an army, boy does he have an army. Recall if you will when anti-Christ came up from the Bottomless Pit/ Abyss he had as his subjects demonic locusts. These demonic locust are just one form of fallen angels the other kind is being held under the Euphrates River and all these fallen angels were those who followed anti-Christ when they left their rightful place for the daughters of men and they locked away waiting for this time of judgment. But until the Lord returns its open season on the world. Anti-Christ sends his armies out to plunder the world but not apostate Israel Israel expects a few things from anti-Christ, well actual from Messiah, she is to be rich, powerful, queen to anti-Christ's king. She is just that in Isaiah 1-5 on the day the Lord returns in His glory. By then anti-Christ hates her so much he can no longer contain himself and his little demonic army moves against the apostate portion of Israel. There will be what is known as the faithful remnant of believing Jews. Anti-Christ goes to destroy them but the return Lord, end of the final week of years, Destroying anti-Christ, the false Elijah and all their demonic soldiers with "the Brightness of His coming." Anti-Christ had this little angel Shekinah that could fool men but now the real Shekinah Glory comes and it travels like the lightening from the east even to the west and that brightness destroys the entire demonic army. One thing my husband learned in Viet Nam is to police the battlefield and so time out for a little housekeeping. All the fallen angels are placed into the LOF. With the Anti-Christ and false prophet having the best seats for a 1,000 years in the Lake. At this time Satan is removed from heaven in unbreakable chains and thrown into the Bottomless Pit to wait a thousand years until he will be loosed for a short time to deceive the Gentile nations, Gog and Magog. but before that lets look at another truly amazing events. Anti-Christ and the false prophet and every other fallen angel are in the LOF. One angel isn't and he was just chained and thrown in the Bottomless pit. While in these places they cannot exert evil influence on men. Yet men will still sin proving we are sin not just that we do sin.

These things happen before the things above took place. I will take a chance and talk about 3 demons in the fires. Satan is a trinity of evil. Just like the Holy Trinity it is made up of a father, Satan, a son -anti-Christ and a spirit the false prophet. During the Tribulation/ Time of Jacob's Trouble Satan is in heaven listening to Satan condemning the brethren day and night. Imagine the suffering of listening to that 24/7. Anti-Christ is like the Son but not being God almost like the Son. As you mentioned the satan the son was, is not now, and will be again. Christ we are told was, is and will be again." To understand anti-Christs line we must know the Christ's meaning. Christ was in the world and so was anti-Christ. Christ being omnipresent is here "is" even though He isn't here. Anti-Christ a created being can only be in one place at a time. Anti- Christ is not now because he is in the Bottomless Pit. Both the Son of God and the son of satan are coming back. Separated by the final week of years. Anti-Christ and the false prophet deceive the apostate portion of Israel, the apostate portion is killed by anti-Christ, false prophet and their demonic army. The Remnant exiting from the valley that forms when the Lord stand on the Mount of Olives and it splits in half causing an earthquake that kills seven thousand in the "great city." Anti-Christ, false prophet and their fallen angel army defeated thrown into LOF Satan the father brought down in chains looked for a thousand years. Released deceives the nations and he and his boys go to Har Megiddo for the final battle where all the Gentiles are slain and Satan the father having been defeated is thrown into the LOF where anti-Christ and the false prophet have been for a thousand years. The GWTJ is set up and all not written in the Lamb's Book of Life are judged, these are the goats, the sheep are on the Lord's other hand and the goats are cast into the lake and it is sealed. The old heaven and earth disappear with the new heaven and earth having come down and then the New Jerusalem and the Bride. The Bridegroom will then wed His Bride in the Wedding Supper of the Lamb and it will officially be party time as we celebrate not only the wedding but the Lamb's victory

.P. S. You can't call him anti-Christ he is the beast but under what it takes to be anti-Christ this beast is supremely qualified to be called anti-Christ.

Heyjude

Sep 7, 2019
You make a fair point regarding the availability of good teaching locally. I realized in the first church I attended, over 25 years ago, that I could not rely on the pastor to teach me what I needed to learn. I don't think we were ever intended to; that's part of the reason why the Holy Spirit infills and teaches us directly from Scripture.

Material that isn't standard fare for Sunday morning sermons is readily available and has been for decades, but too many people treat it like it is special, which breeds an attitude of superiority, pride, and arrogance. In turn, too many people act like they will only accept instruction from their pastor or some big-name teacher, and refuse to consider anything that a mere fellow believer offers. That just perpetuates ignorance, resentment, and division.

How you doing Dino? I agree. It always amazes me how we live in an age where so much is still available for us now, not just through Churches either. When you look back and think how people lived long ago, relying on the knowledgeable few who could read Latin (in England anyhow) and had no access to the Word as we do. Even when it became available to them for the first time, they were still at a disadvantage compared to us where it is made so easy to find. Now you don't even have to plough through big books by candlelight and because of the internet at our fingertips, all is available in seconds. Even though I love reading and love hard copy books, study has become less laborious because of the web.

It reminds me of the passage ""This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations". Its right there for anyone to see on the web, in any language, day and night and it is not hard to find information if you really want it. Even great lessons from all countries so we do not have to worry if our local Church doesn't teach what the Word says and means. The more you listen the more you learn I have found.

I do wish there was more teaching in Churches though in England. I see how so many are captivated by the teachings in some great Churches in the USA and I wonder why we don't have more teaching here in the UK. I am sure we do in some places, but I haven't found any yet and when I do they are too far away.

One pastor here when I asked him why, he said "his congregation were not interested and just used Church as a social group and couldn't wait to get to the pub afterwards". Maybe he was talking about himself. And a lot of the people I know only know some stories of the Bible through Jesus Christ Superstar and Joseph and his Technicoloured Dream Coat. (At least that is start and better than nada).