Krazy Kwestions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
On Mondays at w*rk I scrub the oven. About every Monday when I am there later than normal somebody will ask me, "Are you still here?"

Um... How do I answer that without sounding smart-alec? "Nope, this is an optical illusion. I left an hour ago."
I was wondering...are you still here?

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
Since someone brought up in-laws: do you get some of these “impossible questions” from them?

“If my daughter/son was in a sinking car with you, would you save them first or yourself?”
“Are you gonna name your child after our family members or your family members?”

I honestly don’t know what a concerned in-law would ask...Other than that they’re asking at the core “Do you love my child? Are you good enough for my child?”
I don't have any children in laws yet but my daughter might be a bit nervous when she starts dating someone cause I'll be asking questions. 🙂

I

IFOLLOWHIM

I have asked this one...........

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Yeah it's these somewhat jarring nonsense questions that I can't help but be somewhat mean about.

If you were an elephant...would you want to fly?

???

Other than a particular film I wouldn't have any basis for an answer, and that wouldn't answer anything. Unless I created an entire cloud of lifelong observations, which would unlikely to have any utility for the particular person that asked.

People seem to be dumbfounded when I take their "whim" questions and create and entire string of nonsense from it. For me, predicated on a quest to decide whether or not "whims" have any value, but alas I haven't found an answer so. Wow. See that's why I don't engage random "whim" questions. That was just a random question that came to mind as an example to respond to the thread and since I can't determine the source...grrr...

I have found that asking. Why do you ask? usually brings up "I am just curious/wondering"...and then I have to be either be mean and say that curiosity shouldn't be idly employed (which I have found to be true). But then that brings up personal questions and I just get frustrated.

Would you rathers...are particular irksome. Just feels like a waste of energy. Like I would like to engage your nonsense to see if we can make some sense out of it...but not casually. I think waste is sin, so I avoid it. Certainly there will be some waste in our own thoughts, but I believe the Lord is excellent at waste management and repurposing to lean on him when whims present themselves.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I was wondering...are you still here?
I am always here by definition, because "here" is wherever I am.

You are not here though. You are there. If you were standing two feet away from me you would still be there. I'm the only one here who is here. Everybody else is there.

Sep 13, 2018
I am always here by definition, because "here" is wherever I am.

You are not here though. You are there. If you were standing two feet away from me you would still be there. I'm the only one here who is here. Everybody else is there.
No. I am here. LOL...

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I have a kwestion. It's not a krazy kwestion, but it's a kwestion about something I have observed that is krazy.

In RPGs, games where (traditionally) you play through a really good story, why do all these momentous events wait until you get there to happen? The castle always gets attacked right when you get there. The traveler always has a cart stuck right when you happen by to help him get it loose. The farm is always just about to be confiscated by creditors who just happen to arrive right when you are visiting.

And all these people with all these things happening to them right when you come along, are all depending on you to have the skill set that fixes all the problems. You have to make sure your character has enough strength to get the cart free, enough persuasion skill level to talk the creditors down, enough intelligence to outsmart the enemy or enough sword skill levels to fight them... I tell ya, it's a heavy load to bear sometimes. :geek:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Yeah it's these somewhat jarring nonsense questions that I can't help but be somewhat mean about.

If you were an elephant...would you want to fly?

???

Other than a particular film I wouldn't have any basis for an answer, and that wouldn't answer anything. Unless I created an entire cloud of lifelong observations, which would unlikely to have any utility for the particular person that asked.

People seem to be dumbfounded when I take their "whim" questions and create and entire string of nonsense from it. For me, predicated on a quest to decide whether or not "whims" have any value, but alas I haven't found an answer so. Wow. See that's why I don't engage random "whim" questions. That was just a random question that came to mind as an example to respond to the thread and since I can't determine the source...grrr...

I have found that asking. Why do you ask? usually brings up "I am just curious/wondering"...and then I have to be either be mean and say that curiosity shouldn't be idly employed (which I have found to be true). But then that brings up personal questions and I just get frustrated.

Would you rathers...are particular irksome. Just feels like a waste of energy. Like I would like to engage your nonsense to see if we can make some sense out of it...but not casually. I think waste is sin, so I avoid it. Certainly there will be some waste in our own thoughts, but I believe the Lord is excellent at waste management and repurposing to lean on him when whims present themselves.
Haha its my job to answer questions as a librarian and get all kinds.

The elephant one can be answered various ways, but if you dont want to get into it. Just say I dont know.
Stock answer for all questions and perfectly acceptable.

Otherwise I will refer you to Mo Willems book 'today I will fly'. Have forgotten if the elephant actually does fly in that one but the pig doesnt.

I

IFOLLOWHIM

Where are my glasses..?..............on your head!
where are my keys?..............you left them in the lock!

where did I park my car?.......should have checked lot #!
can I get an AMEN?...........AMEN!

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
I have a kwestion. It's not a krazy kwestion, but it's a kwestion about something I have observed that is krazy.

In RPGs, games where (traditionally) you play through a really good story, why do all these momentous events wait until you get there to happen? The castle always gets attacked right when you get there. The traveler always has a cart stuck right when you happen by to help him get it loose. The farm is always just about to be confiscated by creditors who just happen to arrive right when you are visiting.

And all these people with all these things happening to them right when you come along, are all depending on you to have the skill set that fixes all the problems. You have to make sure your character has enough strength to get the cart free, enough persuasion skill level to talk the creditors down, enough intelligence to outsmart the enemy or enough sword skill levels to fight them... I tell ya, it's a heavy load to bear sometimes. :geek:

The scripted life of the NPC is only to forward the main characters purpose/story line, and character development.
The real question is what were they doing before you got there, and what will they do after you leave and their life's purpose has been met? lol. They'll probably just stand there where you left them for all eternity, and they were probably doing just that before you came along and gave meaning to their lives. As for the heavy load, better get that Gameshark, the NPC's will never know anyways.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Gameshark, pfft! In the PC world we use console commands and config file editing. :geek:

Sep 13, 2018
Haha its my job to answer questions as a librarian and get all kinds.

The elephant one can be answered various ways, but if you dont want to get into it. Just say I dont know.
Stock answer for all questions and perfectly acceptable.

Otherwise I will refer you to Mo Willems book 'today I will fly'. Have forgotten if the elephant actually does fly in that one but the pig doesnt.

How about Dumbo. LOL...

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
Gameshark, pfft! In the PC world we use console commands and config file editing. :geek:
Gameshark used to be the best. I know it wont fit or work, but you could still get one and just poke it around the pc's usb ports, and pretend that your actually going to be doing something with it before using file editing lol.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
Here's one!
Dad, can we clean up after we eat?

Out of the blue!

Pretty sure he already knew the answer.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
Here's one I thought up all by myself!

How many times would you have to run a load of laundry in the dryer till it all turned to lint?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
As many times as it takes licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Seems a cliche but women who ask men 'do I look fat in this?' and the man is supposed to lie and say no hon you look wonderful in everything.

I would rather a man be honest and say yep it makes you look like jabba the hut that rubber suit.

But I wouldnt ever ask anyone that question cos I can just look in the mirror if I wanted to find out who fat I looked and save mankind from that awkward krazy kwestion.