Lack and praying and givin

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 2, 2021
Proverbs 28:27
Whoever gives to the poor will lack nothing, but those who close their eyes to poverty will be cursed.

Matthew 5:42
Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

I've personally seen cases of people not giving when a person asks for money and their house ended up on fire. Is proverbs still apply today? I've just seen cases and even had it happen with me when I didn't give to a certain person and my wallet was lost that night.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Whoever gives to the poor will lack nothing, but those who close their eyes to poverty will be cursed.

Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

I've personally seen cases of people not giving when a person asks for money and their house ended up on fire. Is proverbs still apply today? I've just seen cases and even had it happen with me when I didn't give to a certain person and my wallet was lost that night.
Yes. The principle of giving and receiving is confirmed in the New Testament. It's one of the hardest areas of life for many. We are programmed to invest, hoard and be selfish with money. Yet even unbelievers get a buzz out of giving. Mostly it is fear that hinders us.

I've had similar experiences. The mighty man of God, Watchman Nee, describes money like snow. He said if you clamp your hand around it, money will melt away and run through your fingers. If we are quick to give, God will ensure that your needs are met.

It's OK to have money in the bank and to have all your needs met. But if we have a giving attitude, God can entrust us with more. God's economic system is not of this world. We need to be careful how we judge Christians who seem to be exceptionally wealthy. First, our judgement may be clouded by jealousy. Second, it's none of our business. It's between them and God, as the story of Ananias and Sapphira shows.

Christians like to say that Jesus is Lord. This is true, but is He my Lord? One of the sure signs that Jesus is really Lord of your life is that He has control of your wallet. I can say from experience that being free to give is a great blessing. Those who struggle do well to ask the Lord to cause them to be cheerful givers. I can also assure you that God is faithful and He does meet our every need.

Oct 2, 2021
I get my needs always met and I'm content in all circumstances. But people around me unbelievers are saying I need money in the bank in case of emergency. They don't like me giving to charities.

I'm a big believer even if your in debt you should give. I've done it and gotten out of debt because of it. I don't go to work to make money. The bible explains do not toil to acquire wealth. A few weeks back a girl called me tight because I wouldn't buy a round of drinks for people. It was $60 and I had $2000. it got payed but i made a big stink about it. Well that night my wallet got lost with all my cards and I had to pay more due to not being able to pay the parking fee to get my car out. Now I got to get a new drivers licence. I believe she might have it cause she hinted the other night that shes got her other friends Driver license in her wallet.

I believe I got cursed because of that. Ok its alcohol but bible just says to give anyways. That friend of hers I could of talked to about God. He was on drugs and going off the rails. I'm just like him in some regards and he's actually associated to criminals. I talked to him for quite awhile about what is a man. He said a man provides for his family. I agreed on that with him. The guys that were with him were bouncers and were trying to help him. They cornered me into a situation because i was been a total a hole to everyone. But I talked my way out of it. Partly was because I agreed to pay for the drinks in the first place and the girl i was with said I'm a good guy. Without her there I would probably maybe been beaten up. that same guy was a total a hole to everyone as well. but we had a chat about things.

The next day I went out giving to homeless people and I got given $100 by people. I pretty much gave it all away. This isn't done to be a good guy. I don't believe anyone is actually good. I don't care about honor. I do it solely to give them what they want and it turn it enables me to not be cursed but blessed. I also seem to have more resources because of it.

Theres some things I won't give people and that's sex. I've been in the same room as transexuals and girls and they say im frigid for not wanting to have sex with them. Gays are the same. I usually don't go home with them but get asked all the time. They have threatened to kill me as well. well I just told them I'm stuffed. they explain then they ain't going to call their boys.

I thought about it noone wants to know you if you have no money but people want to hang out with you if your got cash. Well I'm going to use money to make friends. I will give loans, give to beggers i don't care what they use it for. Even if they explain they want it for smokes and beer i give it to them.

Atm i got a few generous loans from people loaning to me. They expect repayment. Its wicked to borrow and not repay. I have repayed and will repay those loans. It isn't alot of money. But when I loan I don't care if i don't get repaid. Even if i got $5 only on me I will give it if someone asks. Then pray to God for resources. I made a decision not to pray for money but the item or service I want.
I also don't care if God doesn't give me it. I will just pray again tomorrow. Or I will pray for something else. I'm content.

I also pay 10% of any amount of money comes into my hands. Including on loans. Worked good so far.

I managed this week to think I would have to borrow on monday for petrol food and phone credit. Well I somehow got all that just searching around on the internet after asking God for these things. I got free money via crypto currency that payed for all this. I also found free food via uber eats. My sister also offered to buy me subway and I got that. She didn't want to give me a loan the other day but I gave 10% of the money i earned from crypto and then she gave me the loan today when i needed it.

Its all Gods money anyways. It just comes into my hands. I have no desire to be rich. I am allready rich. I want what i have. Not I want what i dont have that is coveting and is a sin.

If God gives me things I pray for great. If he doesn't still great. I'm learning thats the best way to be. No need to get angry at people or God because he doesn't give you what you want. I get angry at people not so much at God. Well they are Gods creation and im coveting and getting angry because I haven't asked God for those things.

Oct 2, 2021
I don't believe in prosperity theology in a sense that its the will of God for you to be healthy and wealthy. Sometimes God brings poverty to humble you. Sometimes he can even make you sick to humble you. He also exalts you too sometimes. Everything is done for the Good. Wealth is also inherited through fathers. Someone like King solomon had a father who was extremely wealthy and partly why Solomon was wealthy as well. Solomon didn't ask for money though but to lead a country in the proper way with discernment. He wanted wisdom. Proverbs is a great book.

I actually believe Covid is from God. Its a pestlience. I think its a good thing that people go back to their own countries of origin. It brings people back to God. Its a good thing there's so many languages and races. That means there's time to get people saved. Under the Anti christ I tend to believe everyone is going to united with this idea of peace. ATM there's just talk of wars and chaos and earthquakes happening all over the news. There's church leaders here wanting to borders to open so they can go get people saved in other countries or so they say. What about the people where they are? I tend to think they wanna travel themselves and enjoy themselves just from what i hear they talking about like all the scenery and food in new zealand or whatever. I'm praying for the borders to remain closed. So far they are under our state govt.

Oct 2, 2021
A good deed for a man to do is to leave a inhertience for his childrens children. That guy I met is right that a man is suppose to provide for his family. That is what a man does. I don't know if he believes in God but people who don't believe in God some of them believe this as well.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
There is a direct connection between the flesh and the spirit. If we put the need to gather money before the need to live with God in our hearts, then we die. It is sin needing repentance--turning away from--and forgiveness.

Worldly laws and ideas are at war with the laws of the kingdom of God. Our loyalty needs to be with God, not the world. We are not our own but we are God's creation. God wants our needs to be met, but we no not need that fancy house and car or those luxuries we bought on credit or borrowed money. We truly need a loving, giving spirit in tune with the Lord's spirit.

We are not to ignore the Lord as we go shopping, but take the Lord with us.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
I don't believe in prosperity theology in a sense that its the will of God for you to be healthy and wealthy. Sometimes God brings poverty to humble you. Sometimes he can even make you sick to humble you. He also exalts you too sometimes. Everything is done for the Good. Wealth is also inherited through fathers. Someone like King solomon had a father who was extremely wealthy and partly why Solomon was wealthy as well. Solomon didn't ask for money though but to lead a country in the proper way with discernment. He wanted wisdom. Proverbs is a great book.

I actually believe Covid is from God. Its a pestlience. I think its a good thing that people go back to their own countries of origin. It brings people back to God. Its a good thing there's so many languages and races. That means there's time to get people saved. Under the Anti christ I tend to believe everyone is going to united with this idea of peace. ATM there's just talk of wars and chaos and earthquakes happening all over the news. There's church leaders here wanting to borders to open so they can go get people saved in other countries or so they say. What about the people where they are? I tend to think they wanna travel themselves and enjoy themselves just from what i hear they talking about like all the scenery and food in new zealand or whatever. I'm praying for the borders to remain closed. So far they are under our state govt.

I say ---Well WannabeWinner ----You don't have to believe in a prosperity theology ----but you have to know God Does Not have a Problem with His Children living in abundance -----

as a matter of Fact Jesus said this ----
John 10:10
10 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows].

I say ---------If God had a problem with material wealth He never would have chosen either Abraham or Job or many others as His righteous people -----Abraham was very well to do and so was Job ------and after Satan took all from Job ---God restored Job with more than he had before Satan inflicted him ---

Deuteronomy 8:18
But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.

I say
God has no problem with His people having money -----it is how they use HIS money that God is concerned with -----God's money should be used to prosper His kingdom -----which is giving out the money to the poor and to others in need at the time it is needed ---

This is called Sowing and Reaping in the Spiritual realm ----God's Promise is to give the person back what They give out ----but here again there is protocol for giving out and receiving back ------like there is protocol for answered prayer ---- the protocol is laid out by God in His Word

Jesus is speaking here ------
Luke 6:38 NIV
38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

I say -----Our part is to trust God to do as He says He will do by putting our Faith in Him into action and give -----NO ONE can Out Give God -------

WannabeWinner you said --------Sometimes God brings poverty to humble you. Sometimes he can even make you sick to humble you.

I say -----Well you can believe that if you want to but this you say is False human Doctrine -----

Poverty never comes from God to humble us ----we humble ourselves freely to God as we Love him and want to please him -----God will never use a tactic to make us humble ourselves -----

God gave us free choice to choose to be Cursed or to be Blessed -----if we choose to be cursed that is on up not God ----all poverty comes under the curses that we choose in Deuteronomy 28 --wealth and abundance comes from choosing the Blessing in our lives -----which are also in Deuteronomy 28 ---both are still in effect today -----as unbelievers remain under the Curses of the law ---The Blessing comes to the Believers who receive Christ in their hearts ------

Sickness is never imparted upon us from God ----Sickness and disease comes under the Curses which we freely choose ----Health in our Body --mind and Spirit comes from the Blessings that we freely choose ---

We Humans need to start taking responsibility for OUR Choices ----and Stop Blaming God for what we bring upon ourselves ------

All God did was present Blessings and Curses ----we choose what we want to follow --------

Proverbs 4:20-22 CSB
The Straight Path
20 My son, pay attention to my words;
listen closely to my sayings.
21 Don’t lose sight of them;
keep them within your heart.
22 For they are life to those who find them,
and health to one’s whole body.

God Provided Wealth in the Old Testament ----these are just some of God's chosen with wealth ---

Abraham
Wealth was measured in a few ways in biblical times: cattle, land and actual currency like gold and silver. Abraham had all of that in huge numbers, and once even had to split some of his land with his nephew Lot because, as Genesis 13 puts it, “their possessions were so great that they were not able to stay together” (and as Biggie put it, “more money, more problems).
Isaac
Isaac inherited his father’s wealth and it continued to expand, to the point where the Philistines once politely asked him to move because he’d gotten “too powerful” (Genesis 26:16). Isaac moved, but he couldn’t seem to stop accumulating wealth. As God told him in Genesis 26:24, “I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants for the sake of my servant Abraham.”
Job
This one’s a little complicated because Job is most famous for the relatively brief period of his life in which he had nothing except misery. But that instructive season was bookended by a time during which the Bible calls him “the greatest of all the men of the east.” He held an early record for richest man in the hemisphere—a record he apparently later broke, when God gave Job back double the amount that he’d lost.

Solomon
Wisdom. Wealth. Solomon truly had it all, including a number of wives that might be charitably described as, uh, “plenty.” 2 Chronicles 9:20 describes Solomon as being so rich that silver literally lost all value. In 1 Kings 10:10, the Queen of Sheba—not exactly impoverished herself—went on a sightseeing tour of Solomon’s lands just to see if the rumors were true. His name is still associated with money today, and at least a few Crusades set out with the express purpose of finding and reclaiming his vast wealth.
Joseph
One of the Bible’s most famous rags to riches stories, Joseph was a rich kid who was sold by his brothers into slavery. Then he ended up in jail and then, well, he became the second most powerful person in the ancient world’s most powerful country, Egypt. Joseph had a head for economics and used his savvy to prepare Egypt for a drought God had warned Pharaoh about in a dream

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Colossians 3
3 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Matthew 6:19-21
19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Hebrews 11
By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; 25Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; 26Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
The scripture is clear. Those verses speak for themselves.

Oct 2, 2021
Yeah giving to the poor. We don't go to work to build wealth. We go to work to use that profit to help others and be generous to the poor. This brings wealth not from profit (work,toil) or getting interest (loans like a bank makes money).

Whoever multiplies his wealth by interest and profit gathers it for him who is generous to the poor. Proverbs 28:8

There's a pile of other scripture on this as well. Also we don't get the glory for our deed of giving to the poor. God gets the glory.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
I say ---No-- they speak what you want them to speak without the proper understanding of what they are saying and who they are speaking to -----

This scripture you quote ---in Matthew 6 ---is a continuation of the Beatitudes --the Sermon of the mount in Matthew 5 and Jesus is teaching on Money ----no where does Jesus say in that scripture your quotes for God's children not ot have money -----He says don't store up your money ---so your putting your own thinking on the scripture and your posting what you see the scripture saying and not viewing the message with the right lens ------

Jesus teaches more about money than he does heaven or hell ---Money is Satan's hook and Jesus is teaching about what one's attitude so be about money ------

So by you and others spreading this false doctrine about God's people are to be Poor and have nothing you are spreading dangerous doctrine if you don't explain that Jesus is teaching that money can lead a person to greed and to hoard money for themselves and not rely on God to give them the funds they need to live a good life and enough to give out to help those in need -----

If you believe that God does not want you to have money and material things then WHY do you have them -----Go sell all you have and live on the streets and go beg for your food ---

if you have material things and money and your telling others that Jesus says you are not to have them ==then guess what your a Hypocrite ------ Do what you preach -------

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It is the LOVE of money that is the root of evil. We are to love our Father in Heaven and all men before we concern ourselves with money.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Anyone who Loves God --Agape ---this is ---not human love -----will not hoard their money but will Trust and Do as God says in His word with their money --their money will not control them -----they will give out their money and not worry about being in lack as they trust God to give back what is given out so His people can keep sowing into His Kingdom and He gets the Glory for our giving

Many people give to get back ------when you give to the collection plate in the Church on Sunday many get a tax receipt ---so you don't mind giving cause you know you will receive some back from the Government ----this is trusting the Government for your sowing not God -------so the Government gets the credit for your return ----------Then many say --OK well I just give it back to the Church so I am sowing into God's kingdom --is it you that are sowing into God's Kingdom or the Government ----this is what i call fore selling your giving -----you give to get back and then recycle the money -----that is not scriptural at all ------

God's True giving is giving without a receipt to get back -----and relying on Him to give back --that is showing true Faith ----Belief and Trust in the unseen realm --

When God Blesses us --that Blessing is not for us ---that is for helping those in need ----it is God freshly replenishing what we give out ------

Many use the scripture -------Jesus had no where to lay His head ------to say Jesus was poor and He was a vagabond --He had Nothing ------this is totally False Doctrine -----the scripture never says such a thing -this is people taking a small piece of Scripture and making their own Doctrine out of it ------

Scripture says Jesus and the Disciples were well looked after for what they needed -----there was no lacking anything for them to do their work on their travels ----

Matthew 10 :12-13 below shows you they had a place to stay on their travels -------

12 When you go into a house, say, ‘Peace be with you.’
13 If the people in that house welcome you, let your greeting of peace remain; but if they do not welcome you, then take back your greeting.

NOTE FOLKS:
Verse 14 below --is what Jesus was trying to tell the rich man when He said He has no where to lay His head ----they may have to walk through the night to the next place -----not that He was poor and destitute and had no place ever to lay their head -----and we know the rich man chose his STUFF over following Jesus -------

and that is the meaning of this scripture posted above on post #8 --Matthew 6
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.-----

So I can show you that Jesus was NOT poor and destitute -------and He did have many places to lay His head down ----but at times when He and His disciples were refused into a town to preach --Jesus told His Disciples to do this ----Shake the dust off your feet-----and God will judge that town ------

Matthew 10

The Mission of the Twelve

11 “When you come to a town or village, go in and look for someone who is willing to welcome you, and stay with him until you leave that place.

13 If the people in that house welcome you, let your greeting of peace remain; but if they do not welcome you, then take back your greeting.

14 And if some home or town will not welcome you or listen to you, then leave that place and shake the dust off your feet.

15 I assure you that on the Judgment Day God will show more mercy to the people of Sodom and Gomorrah than to the people of that town!

I say --------So I challenge anyone to give me a scripture that says Jesus was poor and destitute ---and there fore we are to be poor and destitute --because Jesus was -----

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
I say ---No-- they speak what you want them to speak without the proper understanding of what they are saying and who they are speaking to -----

This scripture you quote ---in Matthew 6 ---is a continuation of the Beatitudes --the Sermon of the mount in Matthew 5 and Jesus is teaching on Money ----no where does Jesus say in that scripture your quotes for God's children not ot have money -----He says don't store up your money ---so your putting your own thinking on the scripture and your posting what you see the scripture saying and not viewing the message with the right lens ------

Jesus teaches more about money than he does heaven or hell ---Money is Satan's hook and Jesus is teaching about what one's attitude so be about money ------

So by you and others spreading this false doctrine about God's people are to be Poor and have nothing you are spreading dangerous doctrine if you don't explain that Jesus is teaching that money can lead a person to greed and to hoard money for themselves and not rely on God to give them the funds they need to live a good life and enough to give out to help those in need -----

If you believe that God does not want you to have money and material things then WHY do you have them -----Go sell all you have and live on the streets and go beg for your food ---

if you have material things and money and your telling others that Jesus says you are not to have them ==then guess what your a Hypocrite ------ Do what you preach -------
You need to slow down. I never said people should be poor and have nothing.

I simply quoted the scripture and that is what the Greedy prosperity gospel folks hate.

The prosperity gospel is full of greedy hypocrites who have their hearts set on nothing but riches and fame. I'm not just talking about their false preachers and false prophets either....the congregation is also full of greedy hypocrites....They sit there listening to that foolish nonsense of plant a seed...give the church a thousand and God will double/triple it back to you. While the pastors are living in multi-million dollar homes and sporting their own jets.

They're not worried about helping the poor. They're worried about becoming rich and the congregation is sitting back lusting after their riches and being misled into giving their money to those filthy money grubbers for the simple fact that they are looking for a return with interest from God.

God is not a bank and he won't be used that way. Anyone who has the mindset of give a 100 get 2000 back better check their heart and repent because they are not serving the Lord Jesus Christ they are serving mammon.

People need to study the scriptures, set their minds on things above, and stop lusting after fleshly things such as riches.

And yes, I own a nice home, have money, and material goods....but I also give to the poor...Not expecting anything back in return from the Lord.

If I went about giving for the sole purpose of expecting to receive something more back from the Lord...then I would definitely be a hypocrite.

So study the scripture a little closer and you'll find that I am simply stating the scriptural truth on this matter.

CS1

May 23, 2012

how you give should be between you and the Lord. The Lord loves a cheerful giver. BUT God doesn't need your money it is all HIS. He just wants to see who has your heart. We should not let the left hand know what the right hand is doing. Those who boast of their giving before men have their reward.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Anyone who Loves God --Agape ---this is ---not human love -----will not hoard their money but will Trust and Do as God says in His word with their money --their money will not control them -----they will give out their money and not worry about being in lack as they trust God to give back what is given out so His people can keep sowing into His Kingdom and He gets the Glory for our giving

Many people give to get back ------when you give to the collection plate in the Church on Sunday many get a tax receipt ---so you don't mind giving cause you know you will receive some back from the Government ----this is trusting the Government for your sowing not God -------so the Government gets the credit for your return ----------Then many say --OK well I just give it back to the Church so I am sowing into God's kingdom --is it you that are sowing into God's Kingdom or the Government ----this is what i call fore selling your giving -----you give to get back and then recycle the money -----that is not scriptural at all ------

God's True giving is giving without a receipt to get back -----and relying on Him to give back --that is showing true Faith ----Belief and Trust in the unseen realm --

When God Blesses us --that Blessing is not for us ---that is for helping those in need ----it is God freshly replenishing what we give out ------

Many use the scripture -------Jesus had no where to lay His head ------to say Jesus was poor and He was a vagabond --He had Nothing ------this is totally False Doctrine -----the scripture never says such a thing -this is people taking a small piece of Scripture and making their own Doctrine out of it ------

Scripture says Jesus and the Disciples were well looked after for what they needed -----there was no lacking anything for them to do their work on their travels ----

Matthew 10 :12-13 below shows you they had a place to stay on their travels -------

NOTE FOLKS:
Verse 14 below --is what Jesus was trying to tell the rich man when He said He has no where to lay His head ----they may have to walk through the night to the next place -----not that He was poor and destitute and had no place ever to lay their head -----and we know the rich man chose his STUFF over following Jesus -------

So I can show you that Jesus was NOT poor and destitute -------and He did have many places to lay His head down ----but at times when He and His disciples were refused into a town to preach --Jesus told His Disciples to do this ----Shake the dust off your feet-----and God will judge that town ------

Matthew 10

The Mission of the Twelve

11 “When you come to a town or village, go in and look for someone who is willing to welcome you, and stay with him until you leave that place.

14 And if some home or town will not welcome you or listen to you, then leave that place and shake the dust off your feet.

15 I assure you that on the Judgment Day God will show more mercy to the people of Sodom and Gomorrah than to the people of that town!

I say --------So I challenge anyone to give me a scripture that says Jesus was poor and destitute ---and there fore we are to be poor and destitute --because Jesus was -----
Much of this I agree with; however, your attitude I do not.

You went in like a bull in a china shop on your previous posts. Giving one side of the scriptures and then accusing me of saying something that I did not.

I posted the scriptures and you come back with all of that nonsense of what "you thought" I believed or said. When I posted nothing but the scriptures.

So seriously you need to slow your roll and check your attitude. That type of attitude is definetly not pleasing to God.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Colossians 3
3 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Matthew 6:19-21
19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Hebrews 11
By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; 25Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; 26Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

I say ----these are your post --you offer no explanation to these scripture ---you just quote them and then in the next post you say ----the scripture is clear in what it says ----so I think your the one who needs to explain what you mean when you post Scripture -----your using scripture out of context to support what ???????????---

So you are the one who needs to explain what you mean when you post Scripture ---

So this statement you make to me here -below ---I am throwing it right back at you ----

your Quote here from Post 16
So seriously you need to slow your roll and check your attitude. That type of attitude is definetly not pleasing to God.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
I say ----these are your post --you offer no explanation to these scripture ---you just quote them and then in the next post you say ----the scripture is clear in what it says ----so I think your the one who needs to explain what you mean when you post Scripture -----your using scripture out of context to support what ???????????---

So you are the one who needs to explain what you mean when you post Scripture ---

So this statement you make to me here -below ---I am throwing it right back at you ----

your Quote here from Post 16
Well, I'd say that should have been your first question to me. Instead of just going in half-cocked and jumping to conclusions.

If people are unable to understand scripture quoted it would be a good idea to ask the person that posted the scripture their thoughts on them instead of jumping to conclusions.

Is that too difficult?

You want to know my thoughts on it then head right back and look at my previous posts to you.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Well, I'd say that should have been your first question to me. Instead of just going in half-cocked and jumping to conclusions.

If people are unable to understand scripture quoted it would be a good idea to ask the person that posted the scripture their thoughts on them instead of jumping to conclusions.

Is that too difficult?

You want to know my thoughts on it then head right back and look at my previous posts to you.

I say to you --------that is not my responsibility to ask questions about what you post -----as far as I am concerned --If you post scripture then you should be posting what you feel the scripture is saying in your view ---you posted no comments ---so you WERE USING THE SCRIPTURE SOLELY TO PROVE YOUR POINT -----the ONUS IS ON You to Explain Your View ----it is not on me to ask questions about your view -----and that is how I see that ----Period -----

And by the way --------------------------------
I never posted my post to you or to any one ----my post was not directed at an person -----no name was mentioned --I mentioned only verse 14 in Matthew 6 Posted in post #8 -----
your name was not ever in my post ---

So you are taking my post personally which was never never directed at you in the first place --

it was a general post in regard to people saying that the Bible says we are not to have money -----which is FALSE DOCTRINE and that I will Defend ---every Time ----

This is from My post above ------

NOTE FOLKS:

So we are not seeing things in the same light ---you have your view and I have mine -----so I suggest we both need to cool off ---and let this settle -----and that is what i am going to do ---

You have a great evening

O

Oblio

Is that too difficult?

I've noticed that while not always, sometimes newer members seem to think they have something to prove, and what better way to get a leg up than to take down someone who's been around awhile. Rather un-Christ-like, if you ask me.