Ladies...here it is! What men want.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JeniBean

Nothing wrong with 'control'... if it's biblical.

[SUP]21 [/SUP]Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
[SUP]22 [/SUP]Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord...
[SUP]25 [/SUP]Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

(Eph. 5: 21-22, 25)
OH BOY, OH BOY, OH BOY...PLEASE do not open the SUBMIT can!!! AND PLEASE NOTE CONTROL doesn't equal SUBMIT!!! RESPECT equals SUBMIT!

Shawn2516

Dec 20, 2013
Shawn, coby, did you notice the part where the article is fake? As in, that article never appeared in a magazine or book back in the '50's?
Is it fake? Because this is what women are telling men these days of what they want from them. Clean the dishs, make dinner, buy her flowers, and vacuum the rug. Go to any site or forum where men are seeking dating advice or "how to make the wife happy", and those are the general responses you'll get from women. Which is fine if women want that, but if a man asks for the same thing, suddenly he is this demanding control freak virgin who dared to think women are incapable human beings. When all it really is, is reciprocity.

J

JeniBean

Is it fake? Because this is what women are telling men these days of what they want from them. Clean the dishs, make dinner, buy her flowers, and vacuum the rug. Go to any site or forum where men are seeking dating advice or "how to make the wife happy", and those are the general responses you'll get from women. Which is fine if women want that, but if a man asks for the same thing, suddenly he is this demanding control freak virgin who dared to think women are incapable human beings. When all it really is, is reciprocity.
UMMMM.....I must be missing these threads where woman are saying this. I simply seek a godly man who can financially support himself, can make me laugh and has the old fashioned values. I mean I handle everything myself including washing and waxing cars, the lawn, the pool, changing the oil, etc... So why do I need a man for anything like vacuuming my rug or making me dinner. SHOULD they choose too as they are home and I am not, great. If they are not leaching off of me and laying around playing video games then I have no issues that the rug wasn't vacuumed and HELLO simply call for a pizza if everyone is to tired to make dinner.

I would say any woman asking for these things wants respect from their husband as to what they do at home all day and acknowledgment it is NOT easy as they think. AND EVERY WOMAN deserves to feel loved and spoiled now and then with flowers. Just a gesture of hey I love you, I respect you, I find you hot goes a long way with a woman. So as a woman I guarantee if they are asking for something, the man is failing in some way and there isn't clear communication. THAT I cannot help with. Communication and GOD must be the cornerstone of a good relationship.

K

kaylagrl

View attachment 145105

• Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have be thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they get home and the prospect of a good meal is part of the warm welcome needed.
• Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you’ll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.
• Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.
• Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives. Run a dustcloth over the tables.
• During the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering to his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.
• Minimize all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer or vacuum. Encourage the children to be quiet.
• Be happy to see him.
• Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.
• Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first – remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.
• Don’t greet him with complaints and problems.
• Don’t complain if he’s late for dinner . Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through at work.
• Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or lie him down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him.
• Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.
• Don’t ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.

Hopefully yo will have learned something :cool::rolleyes:.

Hummmm lets see here...

1) Im a stay at home wife so I see no issue here. On cold winter days I make stew or some hearty meal because I know he'll need to warm up. I'm able to plan what I make. If both partners work that would be different.

2) Well my husband told me from day one he wanted me to be comfortable. He'd think I was nuts if I wore makeup every day. If you have small children there's no way you'd be able to accomplish this. Its shallow and immature. There are days I dress up but every day of the week? Nonsense.

3) Be gay? Naw don't think he'd like that at all. Interesting conversation? Don't know what that dude does for a job but my husband drags heavy boxes and fights traffic all day. We put on the fireplace and watch the news and let him chill.

4) Clear clutter,depends again if you both work or have children in the home. Not possible for everyone. Not an issue for me. We both hate clutter and keep everything in its place.

5) Have an electric fireplace :) Not a problem.

6) If you have kids in the home there is no way you're going to have quiet. If you want quiet don't have children. I don't have a brass band walking through but if the washer is on it proves Im doing my job. Hubby is smart enough to know that.

7) Always happy to see him. If I wasn't I wouldn't be here. Cant meet him,the dog beats me down the stairs every time so I gave up trying. She kisses better too.

8) His conversation is more important? Don't know,he and the dog don't tell me what they talk about.Something to do with belly rubs I think.

9) Our air conditioner broke down last year. When he walked into the garage he was up to his ankles in water.Pretty sure he figured it out himself. Some problems can wait,some can't. Thats life.

10) If he's late because of work why would you complain? If he's late because he's playing video games with his pals thats his problem. Dont have that issue,if he's late its the job or he calls. Thats what adults do.

11) He makes himself comfortable,its his home too he's not a guest. But on hard days a back-rub may be in order or feet. But I dont have kids and I work at home.

12) Neither of us are loud talkers. So we're good.

13) Ahahaha I'm still laughing! Well we don't do it that way in this house. We talk things out and make decisions together.He always says he just wants me to be happy. My parents have that kind of marriage though and have been on the brink of divorce for years.

That was pretty entertaining though!

K

kaylagrl

My husband spent many years as a bachelor.He told me "Im not marrying you because I need a housekeeper.I can look after myself.I'm marrying you because I love you" I make the meals but some nights he has meals he likes that he use to make when he was single so he makes the meal. He's great at the bbq so in the summer he makes a lot of the food. He always helps me to clean up and when I protest he says he's not helpless. He'd vacuum if I was sick or away otherwise its done when he's at work. He does a load of laundry when he comes home because he wears uniforms. So we do two loads most days. He buys me flowers because HE wants to. He insisted on buying me roses for Valentines when I told him to wait a day and they'd be cheap. In fact when we were dating he lived over an hour away from me. He'd stop in another town and show up at my door with roses. If you love and respect each other you do everything you can to make the other person happy.You put their happiness before your own. Thats what we both do and thats what mature couples do.

Jan 27, 2013
UMMMM.....I must be missing these threads where woman are saying this. I simply seek a godly man who can financially support himself, can make me laugh and has the old fashioned values. I mean I handle everything myself including washing and waxing cars, the lawn, the pool, changing the oil, etc... So why do I need a man for anything like vacuuming my rug or making me dinner. SHOULD they choose too as they are home and I am not, great. If they are not leaching off of me and laying around playing video games then I have no issues that the rug wasn't vacuumed and HELLO simply call for a pizza if everyone is to tired to make dinner.

I would say any woman asking for these things wants respect from their husband as to what they do at home all day and acknowledgment it is NOT easy as they think. AND EVERY WOMAN deserves to feel loved and spoiled now and then with flowers. Just a gesture of hey I love you, I respect you, I find you hot goes a long way with a woman. So as a woman I guarantee if they are asking for something, the man is failing in some way and there isn't clear communication. THAT I cannot help with. Communication and GOD must be the cornerstone of a good relationship.
Go to craigslist and every other post is men need to be this this this and THIS... =P Ive seen it soo many times how men get so much crap for asking the same thing of a woman as well... so just because its not you, doesnt mean its not happening =) And yes women want respect but they should also give respect and not expect only men to give it. Cause in alot of cases women ask of men things that women wont do themselves, how is that fair? And about flowers..what if youre like me and dont like flowers? then no point in giving em =P

Shawn2516

Dec 20, 2013
UMMMM.....I must be missing these threads where woman are saying this.
You say you are missing the threads but yet you admit it yourself that you want this? And i'm not talking about here, I'm talking about sites where men ask women for advice for making their significant other happy.

I simply seek a godly man who can financially support himself, can make me laugh and has the old fashioned values.
This is where men and women split. You say you want a old fashion godly man, but that very same type of man will expect of you to be a old fashion godly women, while your behavior and attributes are anything but old fashion. You cannot be a high-powered career woman and be a stay at home house mom who tends to the children. You'll spend either more time at the office or more time with the kids, but someone is going to get neglected more than the other.

I mean I handle everything myself including washing and waxing cars, the lawn, the pool, changing the oil, etc... So why do I need a man for anything like vacuuming my rug or making me dinner.
And why should a man come around? You don't need him for anything so why should he be around? I need my wife. Without her I wouldn't have goals or aspirations as much as I do now as if I was alone. You can't talk about not needing men and then expect one to just walk into your life and accept that job application. "Guess what boys, the wife doesn't need me but I said, what the heck, sign me up".

SHOULD they choose too as they are home and I am not, great. If they are not leaching off of me and laying around playing video games then I have no issues that the rug wasn't vacuumed and HELLO simply call for a pizza if everyone is to tired to make dinner.
So what if he plays video games? Are you suddenly going to nag him when he does what he wants in his own free time? You say your going to just be this cool chill-out wife, but just this sentence alone tells every-man here that your going to be one very controlling wife who ISN'T going to be okay. Especially if he loads up call-of-duty.

I would say any woman asking for these things wants respect from their husband as to what they do at home all day and acknowledgment it is NOT easy as they think.
Yes, it isn't easy. Back in 1800's. Now you have dish-washers, vacuum cleaners, washers, dryers, microwaves, and refrigerators that make cleaning life simple. When I lived alone, I had to only clean my house once every 2 weeks to keep things organized and I could get it done within 1-2 hours. I don't think your fooling men into believing that house-work is hard. Its not. Its easy, its fast, its efficient.

AND EVERY WOMAN deserves to feel loved and spoiled now and then with flowers.
Really? Every woman? Even those women that throw their babies in microwave ovens and watch them fry to death? Even the women who throw them in garbage bags and leaves them to die? How sweet. Lets get them some flowers and hold the door open for the dears.

Just a gesture of hey I love you, I respect you, I find you hot goes a long way with a woman.
If a guy asks the same thing, the same women will crucify him.

So as a woman I guarantee if they are asking for something, the man is failing in some way and there isn't clear communication. THAT I cannot help with. Communication and GOD must be the cornerstone of a good relationship.
And that right there is why many women on here are single and without mates. If the women fail to communicate their needs clearly, then its not their fault, its the man's fault. And can we reverse it? Can we say if the men are telling the women something, then that must mean the women are failing in some way and there isn't clear communication.

All i'm saying is, women are demanding things from men but if men were to demand the same things, women have a whole novel of scornful words ready to berate him for daring such a thing. I guess because "all women" deserve everything.

sharkwhales

Jan 31, 2016
Right.. the original list, real or not, seems mostly like things you do for someone you love, or things you do to serve. Granted being pushed into doing those things is not conducive to love; it's harder to treat someone as more important than yourself when they're telling you they're more important than you. But if they're telling you how important you are to them, it's easy to reciprocate in some way.

So if we cut out the statements of importance, worth, identity, then it's all good stuff. Presumably the man also has a list of things he does for the woman in his own role, that show love and service. I think part of the reasons hackles raise over this, is because many people nowadays haven't experienced what it's like when it works well, and so it's only interpreted through bad memories.

C

coby

And this is why we can't have nice things. This thread was begun as humorous. But, as always when this topic comes up, people have to start yelling at each other.

Shawn, coby, did you notice the part where the article is fake? As in, that article never appeared in a magazine or book back in the '50's?
The article may be fake but didn't you see there was a lot of truth in it? This is exactly what I got taught. Elizabeth Rice 1960 or something. Me? Obey him?
Still obey my ex but am I glad I'm free and that God changed his heart.

Me? Obey Him?: The Obedient Wife and God's Way of Happiness and Blessing in the Home by Elizabeth Rice Handford — Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

L

LiJo

I'm by no means a feminist. When I was a stay at home Mom, I took on the role of the traditional wife, I took care of the kids, the house, the bills. I was the one who got up in the middle of the night with the kids ifmtheynneeded to be fed, changed or were sick. My Ex husband came home from work and dinner was on the table. However, when the weekend came, he chose to get up in the middle of the night if the kids needed anything and woke up early on the weekends with the kids and made breakfast so that I can sleep in.

When my twins went to school I worked out of the home and the household chores were no longer mine 100%. Who ever got home first made dinner. Marriage is not a dictatorship, it's team work, both parties work together. Mutual respect goes both ways.

Utah

Banned
Dec 1, 2014
Shawn, I totally understand that men are regularly viewed with suspicion. If you're not seen as a potential rapist, you're seen as a potential paedophile (I've experienced being seen as the latter, because I worked/work with kids, and it made me ashamed for some time to be a male). At best, this world sees men as useless and adult babies. But that gives you no right to be an ass to anyone here, least of all the womenfolk. You've already pulled this crap before and it wasn't welcome back then either. Please learn to show some respect.
Its what he does best.

sharkwhales

Jan 31, 2016
The irony is, I think whoever is doing the most in the position and abilities God gave them, is the spiritual leader. I think this has always been the case even when men have had the outer role of leadership. To lead is to serve.

J

jennymae

Hmm...why don't we stop the arguments and take a deep breath...this isn't bringing us wisdom:)

L

LiJo

The irony is, I think whoever is doing the most in the position and abilities God gave them, is the spiritual leader. I think this has always been the case even when men have had the outer role of leadership. To lead is to serve.
You are absolutely correct!! Jesus lead by serving!!

D

didymos

OH BOY, OH BOY, OH BOY...PLEASE do not open the SUBMIT can!!! AND PLEASE NOTE CONTROL doesn't equal SUBMIT!!! RESPECT equals SUBMIT!
You're calling me a BOY? :eek:

:p

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
............. what just happened here?

lol

J

JeniBean

You say you are missing the threads but yet you admit it yourself that you want this? And i'm not talking about here, I'm talking about sites where men ask women for advice for making their significant other happy.

This is where men and women split. You say you want a old fashion godly man, but that very same type of man will expect of you to be a old fashion godly women, while your behavior and attributes are anything but old fashion. You cannot be a high-powered career woman and be a stay at home house mom who tends to the children. You'll spend either more time at the office or more time with the kids, but someone is going to get neglected more than the other.

And why should a man come around? You don't need him for anything so why should he be around? I need my wife. Without her I wouldn't have goals or aspirations as much as I do now as if I was alone. You can't talk about not needing men and then expect one to just walk into your life and accept that job application. "Guess what boys, the wife doesn't need me but I said, what the heck, sign me up".

So what if he plays video games? Are you suddenly going to nag him when he does what he wants in his own free time? You say your going to just be this cool chill-out wife, but just this sentence alone tells every-man here that your going to be one very controlling wife who ISN'T going to be okay. Especially if he loads up call-of-duty.

Yes, it isn't easy. Back in 1800's. Now you have dish-washers, vacuum cleaners, washers, dryers, microwaves, and refrigerators that make cleaning life simple. When I lived alone, I had to only clean my house once every 2 weeks to keep things organized and I could get it done within 1-2 hours. I don't think your fooling men into believing that house-work is hard. Its not. Its easy, its fast, its efficient.

Really? Every woman? Even those women that throw their babies in microwave ovens and watch them fry to death? Even the women who throw them in garbage bags and leaves them to die? How sweet. Lets get them some flowers and hold the door open for the dears.

If a guy asks the same thing, the same women will crucify him.

And that right there is why many women on here are single and without mates. If the women fail to communicate their needs clearly, then its not their fault, its the man's fault. And can we reverse it? Can we say if the men are telling the women something, then that must mean the women are failing in some way and there isn't clear communication.

All i'm saying is, women are demanding things from men but if men were to demand the same things, women have a whole novel of scornful words ready to berate him for daring such a thing. I guess because "all women" deserve everything.
This could be a huge argument, yet I chose not to engage as you do not know me or my life or what I have been through. YOU ARE SIMPLY LUMPING ALL WOMAN and like all woman we are not created equal. I strongly suggest that when stating certain things that can be hurtful that you know more about an individual.

Jan 27, 2013
This could be a huge argument, yet I chose not to engage as you do not know me or my life or what I have been through. YOU ARE SIMPLY LUMPING ALL WOMAN and like all woman we are not created equal. I strongly suggest that when stating certain things that can be hurtful that you know more about an individual.
Excuse me but who was it that said this, putting all women under the same line:
AND EVERY WOMAN deserves to feel loved and spoiled now and then with flowers. Just a gesture of hey I love you, I respect you, I find you hot goes a long way with a woman.
Sad-Sunflower.jpg

Respect should be given both ways and Im just getting involved because I dont see it in this little argument. I agree with Shawn on a lot of what he said and yet I am a woman myself ;]

Status
Not open for further replies.