latter Rain

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 2, 2011
patiently awaiting the return of Christ (that is the topic by the way, you know the Bible verses about early rain and latter rain in the OP?)

diligently studying and learning God's way (that is another topic you can start on another thread or join if you like)

then fervently sharing the good news with the world.

yes that is the great commission but the topic is the meaning of the term "latter rain" see the title?

and then comes ... THE LATTER RAIN ... (edited by Digital_Angel_316] see the concept!

love u DA hope Our Father is blessing you today :)
The quote said -- Don't be patient, but in your fervor. We have a great commission:

Right, we sow and sow and sow ... and in the time of the latter rain ... some reap.

The confusion that often arises from mixing concepts is that 'latter rain' IS a good and
valid THEME ... but IS NOT a doctrine, religion or following.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
I don't beleive its just the anchovies, theres gotta be some kind of mushrooms involved here. Its a known fact in Canada that these magical mushrooms grow wildy and abundantly in BC.

Lots of people there end up spending time in a phych-ward from over-indulgence. I figure this must have something to do with Zones issues; as she seems to honestly beleive that the millenium with Christ reigning for a thousand mortal years, has already taken place. :D

Whats really scarey is that someone like this, hasn't been banned, but has caused many to be banned, and even worse than that, there are people looking to her for advice :confused:

Good-Luck to ALL-see-ya

Forever in Christ :)
i'll come back to you shortly.

A

AnandaHya

The quote said -- Don't be patient, but in your fervor. We have a great commission:

Right, we sow and sow and sow ... and in the time of the latter rain ... some reap.

The confusion that often arises from mixing concepts is that 'latter rain' IS a good and
valid THEME ... but IS NOT a doctrine, religion or following.
alright DA what do you think "the time of the latter rain" is and will be? just to make sure we aren't misunderstanding each other?

I think it is when Jesus comes back and we get resurrected bodies. what do you think?

A

AnandaHya

i'll come back to you shortly.
can we do it on a new thread, please? thanks. He's trying to derail mine and its likely to make me madder then it has already. going to pray about it but just reading his words again just pisses me off.

A

AnandaHya

THE GREAT REVIVAL?

by Robert Shook​

The Scripture does not teach that a revival will sweep multitudes into the Kingdom of God. It teaches the opposite; that a world-wide spiritual delusion will sweep multitudes into the arms of anti-Christ.

The Lord paints the opposite picture as the one being painted by those looking for the great revival – and those claiming that it has already started. The scenario He laid out reveals that in the latter days great darkness will engulf the nations and the nominal church. This darkness will continue to intensify. He said the world would be full of false prophets and false “Christs”{anointings}. He said that deception and sin among God’s people will become epidemic and as a result, the love of many {believers} shall wax cold. We shall be hated by all nations. Some of us will be betrayed by fellow believers and put to death. Some of us will be the ones who do the betraying. We will betray other believers to save our own skin and cause them to be killed.

Yet in the middle of all this chaos and delusion, some believers will remain steadfast. These are the “elect.” It is these of whom Jesus speaks when He says that the “gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.” Even so, the days will become so evil that God will have to shorten them. For if He does not, even the elect will be deceived and all flesh would be destroyed!

How does a world-wide, end-time, “latter rain” revival and harvest fit into this picture? Not very well! The fact that God has to “shorten” the days to keep all flesh from being destroyed puts the lie to our cherished tradition.

The nations reject the testimony and kill the “witnesses” who are bearing it. They rejoice and throw a big party to celebrate the death of the “two” witnesses and the end of their testimony. [Revelation 11:3-10]

If that testimony had produced a world-wide “revival” and brought into the Kingdom a “great harvest” of sinners, then those who rejoiced over the death of the witness would be a minority, not the majority as the Word implies.

In another place Jesus asks His disciples a very shocking question; “when the Son of man cometh, shall He find faith on the earth?” [Luke 18:8] In other words, faith will be so rare, Jesus asks if there will be any left at all by the time He returns. Such a condition is certainly not the hallmark of a world-wide revival and harvest of souls.

Paul says there will be a great “falling away” not a great “revival.” He says God will send a “strong delusion” to all who love not the truth. [II. Thess. 2:3&11]

The teaching of a world-wide “revival” before the return of the Lord has left many sincere believers wide open for deception. Since we were taught to look for this revival and to be ready to participate in it when it comes, many have embraced the Brownsville phenomena, the Toronto Blessing, Promise Keepers and various other aberrations of the hour as the long awaited “revival” of the last days.

At best these movements are a deadly mixture of truth and error. Those who have not become entangled in them are still in danger of being stumbled, for when they realize that the revival they have been waiting for is not coming, many will be thrown into confusion and lose heart.

Those who believe signs, wonders and sensual spiritual experiences are proof of God’s presence are believing a lie. They are looking in the wrong direction! Both Jesus and John warned that the “spirit” that would produce the greatest “signs and wonders” in the latter days would be the False Prophet…Is anybody listening?
ok I hear you DeadFlesh and agree with the author of this article. I cut it down to highlight the main points.

Summary:

there is no Great revival. no "latter rain" as some preach but instead a grand delusion of signs and wonders people will claim is the "latter rain" or a second pentecost event or second outpouring of the Holy Spirit

but it is Blasphemy.

I believe the "latter rain" refers to the coming of Christ and the resurrection of His saints into incorruptible bodies and maturity. therefore if it is happening now Christ has returned and that is not true.

I pray that people have their eyes and ears and hearts receptive to GOD's truth and not the deceiving lure of signs wonder and false power.

U

unclefester

can we do it on a new thread, please? thanks. He's trying to derail mine and its likely to make me madder then it has already. going to pray about it but just reading his words again just pisses me off.
Don't rent this guy any space in your head Ananda. This would accomplish his mission here. Quite frankly, I long ago suspected that this "gent" has a serious drinking problem. I came to this conclusion from reading just a few of his posts. I could be wrong........but I doubt it. I've seen enough of his kind. They are easy to spot. If anything, keep him in your prayers :)

A

AnandaHya

Don't rent this guy any space in your head Ananda. This would accomplish his mission here. Quite frankly, I long ago suspected that this "gent" has a serious drinking problem. I came to this conclusion from reading just a few of his posts. I could be wrong........but I doubt it. I've seen enough of his kind. They are easy to spot. If anything, keep him in your prayers :)
lol yep that is what I"m praying:

"Dear God help me to forgive and take away the mean and unkind thoughts I'm having about this person and please show them your light before I'm tempted to knock them over the head for more ignorant comments made."

I know not very kind but that is the best I've got right now.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
yes ananda.
it will be called something like ARNOLD MURRAY, SHEPHERD'S CHAPEL AND ANGLO-ISRAELISM "how some white-anglo saxons have been brainwashed into believing they are The Ten Lost Tribes".

a little clunky but i'll work on it.

S

silverwind

okay buddy.
i didn't get it the first time.
i agree 100%
zone
Good morning, zone :)
Could you explain to me why an apostasy is mentioned AND a preaching to all nations (and then the end will come) Those two seem to be opposites... would the preaching to all nations refer to a revival or just a time when technology will reach every ear with the Gospel? This has always been a bit confusing to me.

A

AnandaHya

Hi Zone
I do not believe that there will be stronger preaching or a stronger message but stronger conviction and it is greater now than before because the population of the world is a lot more now than before. Also the Holy Spirit at Pentecost is still here.
Before Jesus can return everyone must have the opportunity to hear the message. I do not believe there will be a great revival cause Jesus said 'as in the days of Noah' and 'as in the days of lot'. How many were saved in those times? Not many so it is like that today but everyone will be convicted and have the opportunity.
alright that echoes what most people are saying on this thread so far. and yes people should read the story of Noah again if they believe in the "great revival"

hi silverwind, I know you didn't ask me but I think it means when everyone is exposed to the gospel and it will be their choice to believe or not. however I don't think it will be done all by human hands or mouth. we have that angel in Revelations that finishes the job whenever God chooses to do so.

Last edited:

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Could you explain to me why an apostasy is mentioned AND a preaching to all nations (and then the end will come) Those two seem to be opposites... would the preaching to all nations refer to a revival or just a time when technology will reach every ear with the Gospel? This has always been a bit confusing to me.
hi sw:)

well, Jesus is on the threshing floor, and is winnowing fork is in His Hand. its He Who separates the wheat from the chaff.

He said the wheat and tares would grow together until the harvest.

He told the disciples to use a dragnet when fishing and the catch would be sorted according to what kind they were later.

i think it just means that the true preaching of the true gospel will go out around the world the same way it always has (whether we use the aids of radio, www etc) - the true gospel message that Christ was delivered up for our sins, and rose again for our justification is what the nations will all hear, and then the end will come.

this matches Rev 20 and 2 Thess 2 exactly in that we have the Messianic portion of Redemptive History (from the First to the Second Advent) with a caveat right before the very end: satan's little season.

it's in that little season i believe all the apostasy (departing from the faith en mass) happens, since that is when both his deception is released and God's strong delusion comes....though for sure its happened all along in part. i guess many will fear for their lives also.
deception is the big watch word.

multitudes are receiving saving faith and are being translated from this world to the eternal kingdom through the preaching of the gospel, they are repenting of their sin and unbelief, and at the same time many are departing out the back door, not having received saving faith - for some reason they did not continue in the apostle's doctrine (which is Christ's doctrine) but went another way.

the lying signs and wonders is a big one.

but Jesus is the One Who does the keeping from deception....all we have to do is stay faithful to the message we first believed and cling to Him.

going out to enjoy the sun today.
love you.

(no vitamin spraying today LOL! - can i use it?)

Last edited:
May 2, 2011
alright DA what do you think "the time of the latter rain" is and will be? just to make sure we aren't misunderstanding each other?

I think it is when Jesus comes back and we get resurrected bodies. what do you think?

A "Season" for a husbandman is the time from [preparation and] Sowing to Harvest and
Ingathering. For mankind, this is a 'generation' or 'age'.
In the larger timeline, I agree,
there is one final harvest and ingathering (see also the Parable of the Wheat and the
Tares). It is each GENERATION *(did you not just study Generations and see some
removed from the book?)?

Galatians 6:9
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long
suffering and doctrine.

Ecclesiastes 3
1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is
planted;

Matthew 21:41

They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his
vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.

Matthew 24:44-46

44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
45Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his
household, to give them meat in due season?
46Blessed is that servant, whom his lord
when he cometh shall find so doing.

Revelation 22:2
In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life,
which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of
the tree were for the healing of the nations.

Psalm 1:3
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his
season;
his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Leviticus 26:4
Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees
of the field shall yield their fruit.

2 Chronicles 15:3
Now for a long season Israel hath been without the true God, and without a teaching
priest
, and without law.

Jeremiah 5:24
Neither say they in their heart, Let us now fear the LORD our God, that giveth rain, both
the former and the latter, in his season:
he reserveth unto us the appointed weeks of the
harvest.

Daniel 2:20-21
20Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom
and might are his: 21And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings,
and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know
understanding:

Job 38:32
Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his
sons?

Matthew 20:1 For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which
went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard.

3And he went out about the third hour,
5Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise.
6And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto
them, Why stand ye here all the day idle?

May 2, 2011
alright that echoes what most people are saying on this thread so far. and yes people should read the story of Noah again if they believe in the "great revival"

hi silverwind, I know you didn't ask me but I think it means when everyone is exposed to the gospel and it will be their choice to believe or not. however I don't think it will be done all by human hands or mouth. we have that angel in Revelations that finishes the job whenever God chooses to do so.

The "Latter Rain" (Concept/Theme, not Religion/Movement) is not the same as a 'great
revival'. Here again perhaps we are mixing the concept of an end time harvest, whatever
it's size (see also, the Parable of the sower and the seeds) with the Religion or Movement
of "Latter Rain". There may be a 'great outpouring' with little revival. That does not
contradict the concept of latter rain. The Wheat and the Tares will grow together, and in
the end -- separated, that's all.

Note also in DeadFlesh's posted article, the reference to the "Two Witnesses" and realize
that is only a part of [the] Revelation and a part of the world (here I agree with Zone, the
Two Witnesses Prophecy relates to Jerusalem/Judaism). Not many will want to hear it.

It is also true that as it was in the times of Noah, so it will be at the time of the end ...

L

Laodicea

The preaching under the latter rain must be the 3 angels messages in Revelation 14

Revelation 14:15
(15) And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
Matthew 13:39
(39) The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

So after these messages are preached is the end of the world

Revelation 14:8

(8) And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
Revelation 18:1-4
(1) And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
(2) And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
(3) For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
(4) And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Revelation 14:9-10
(9) And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
(10) The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
2 Thessalonians 2:3
(3) Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

A

Abiding

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Silverwind,
The apostasy and preaching to all nations doesnt go togather technically :)

Matthew 24 Jesus just pronounced judgement on Isreal 23:38..Behold your house is left unto you desolate.
For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is He that cometh in the name
of the Lord.

The diciples were getting a warning from Jesus as He was telling them as they were looking at the buildings and the temple that one stone will not be left upon the other. There question was simply when? And what
to look for before it hapenned. Its doubtfull the diciples even understood the church age or even His assending yet. Let alone His return.

vr.14: And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the [world] for a witness unto the nations;
and then the end will come.(old covenant, destruction of Jerusalem)

Most of the time the word "cosmos" is used for world.
Here "oichoumene" is used which means land, or Roman empire.

Luke 2:1 And it came to pass in those days that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world[oichoumene] should be taxed.

Romans 10:18 But i say, have they not heard? Yes verily, there sound went into all the earth, and there words unto the end of the world[oichoumene]

So Jesus was only talking about the destruction of Jerusalem in Matt.24 and it has been fulfilled.
The gospel was preached for almost a generation vrs 34 all had heard. The church was on its feet
70ad was fulfilled.

So there is no mandate about all nations for us. If there was Col. 1:5-6;23 say that the gospel by that time had been preached to the whole world[cosmos]

Last edited:
A

Abiding

Actually I DONT believe in a latter rain. At least not from scripture anywhere that God is gona change His position on adding to the church
daily such as should be saved(for you earlychurch wanna be's)Acts 2:47

John 4:35 SAY YE NOT, there are yet four months, and then cometh the harvest? behold, I SAY UNTO YOU, Lift up your eyes and look on the fields
for they are white already to harvest.

This verse as I think about it...the four months....and the ...Look on the fields..and all that the scriptures say...cannot believe the talk of revival
or last days anything that man invents out of his neverending desire to help God in his own way.

May 2, 2011
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Silverwind,
The apostasy and preaching to all nations doesnt go togather technically :)

Most of the time the word "cosmos" is used for world.
Here "oichoumene" is used which means land, or Roman empire.

So there is no mandate about all nations for us. If there was Col. 1:5-6;23 say that the gospel by that time had been preached to the whole world[cosmos]
* The Roman Empire aligned with the Catholic Church officially under the reign of Justinian
in 538AD.

* The Catholic Church IS the Roman Empire

* The Catholic Church is Babylon

* All other churches are harlot daughters of their whore mother

* The Catholic church is (or claims to be) "Universal" and is all over the entire world
[cosmos]

* The call continues -- come out of her my people, be not partakers of her sins and
receivers of her plagues

Matt 13:38 e.g. -- The field is the world [Cosmos]; the good seed are the children of the
kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;