Laundry Mat

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
That is a good tip.

Thankfully my cat knows better than to climb in the laundry basket and get dropped in the washing machine. One cat we had got trapped in the hot water cupboard. We heard mewing sounds coming from the cupboard.

I have put a towel/sheet over the places where my cat sleeps so she doesn't leave fur all over the furniture. Then we just shake the towel/sheet out on the lawn.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: tourist
I have put a towel/sheet over the places where my cat sleeps so she doesn't leave fur all over the furniture. Then we just shake the towel/sheet out on the lawn.
This sounds like a workable process. I can't stand pesky cat hair that gets on everything, especially my clothing.
 
Also, if possible don't have a long-haired cat.
But you can't always choose your cat. Sometimes the cat chooses you.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: tourist
Also, if possible don't have a long-haired cat.
But you can't always choose your cat. Sometimes the cat chooses you.
How true. Got an orange male tabby (Tango) and a female Bluepoint Siamese (Sugar). They are brother and sister, 11 years old. Have been with us since they were 3 months old. Both shed. Very needy cats, always need attention and affection.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: seoulsearch
My dryer broke a few years back. In that one month waiting for new dryer, I found the joy of my childhood, hanging dry by air, sun.
Now myself rarely use dryer.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tourist
Dryers use a lot of power/electricity.

However I do need a washing machine, I don't have the time to wash EVERYTHING by hand. Also I wear a lot of clothes and sleep on sheets.

Thank God for Fisher and Paykel.
 
My dryer broke a few years back. In that one month waiting for new dryer, I found the joy of my childhood, hanging dry by air, sun.
Now myself rarely use dryer.
That's a good way to go if you have the time and space to do so. I would have to install a couple poles and string some rope. I have plenty of clothespins though. I use 'em for chip clips. They come in handy.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Churchgoer
Dryers use a lot of power/electricity.

However I do need a washing machine, I don't have the time to wash EVERYTHING by hand. Also I wear a lot of clothes and sleep on sheets.

Thank God for Fisher and Paykel.
We had to purchase a new washer about 9 months ago. The old one was only 4 years old when it broke down. During the spin cycle, no matter how the clothes were arranged would start knocking like crazy and the cycle would reset to the begging of the wash cycle even though the wash cycle was completed.

We still have the same dryer that we bought at the same time as we bought the washer 4 years ago. It works OK but seems to take it's sweet time thouroughly drying the clothes.

Laundry has been a challege of mine for years.
 
We had to purchase a new washer about 9 months ago. The old one was only 4 years old when it broke down. During the spin cycle, no matter how the clothes were arranged would start knocking like crazy and the cycle would reset to the begging of the wash cycle even though the wash cycle was completed.

We still have the same dryer that we bought at the same time as we bought the washer 4 years ago. It works OK but seems to take it's sweet time thouroughly drying the clothes.

Laundry has been a challege of mine for years.
Was it a top loader or front loader?

Fisher and Paykel have one they call Gentle Annie
We don't have one, we have another model, but it's lasted for more than 20 years.

Also, our Fisher and Paykel plays the national anthem when you press certain buttons

 
Was it a top loader or front loader?

Fisher and Paykel have one they call Gentle Annie
We don't have one, we have another model, but it's lasted for more than 20 years.

Also, our Fisher and Paykel plays the national anthem when you press certain buttons

Top loader. Next time the washer craps out I'm gonna get a front loader.
 
What is your laundromat called?

The one I go to when I need to do an extra big load is called 'Bubble and Squeak'

I thought a good name for one would 'The Heavy Load'
 
Another one -'Spinning Around'

I was out today and we drove past a Hell's Pizza. Right next to it was a Laundry Heaven
 
  • Heart
Reactions: tourist
What is your laundromat called?

The one I go to when I need to do an extra big load is called 'Bubble and Squeak'

I thought a good name for one would 'The Heavy Load'
My local laundry mat is simply called Laundry Mat. I have used it a few times when my washer died last year.
 
Only thing ruining laundry is the rain or showers when you've hung out your washing on the line to dry.

I always keep an eye on the weather, but sometimes there's a freak shower or dark rain clouds looming, when it starts to spit I need to bring the washing in before it starts bucketing down, and sometimes I've been too late and I've had to make a mad dash in the rain....
 
Only thing ruining laundry is the rain or showers when you've hung out your washing on the line to dry.

I always keep an eye on the weather, but sometimes there's a freak shower or dark rain clouds looming, when it starts to spit I need to bring the washing in before it starts bucketing down, and sometimes I've been too late and I've had to make a mad dash in the rain....
The weather can at times being problematic when hanging out the clothes outside.