LEARN IT! THAT'S AN ORDER!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Are you suggesting Jesus' pre-crucifixion blood was corrupt?
His blood was perfect otherwise his sacrifice wouldn't have had the power to atone for our sin.
Lev 17 tells us the life of every creature is in the blood. Corruption has only entered through sin.
It's bizarre to suppose Adam had no blood. It was forbidden to eat blood not to have it in your veins.

Jesus' resurrection body was flesh and bone because he was drained as a sacrifice.
We can't know positively that our resurrected bodies will be exactly the same in every detail.
None of us are or ever will be the lamb without blemish that was slain.
The blood of Jesus was not corrupt. His shed blood is a picture of getting rid of sin. Under the law, the animal would be shed of their blood for a sacrifice for sins.

The life of man is in his blood. Why? We have become mortal, corrupt. Compare the following:

Adam before the fall - 23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

Jesus in His resurrected body - 39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Our redeemed bodies - 49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. 50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Adam never ate any blood. it wasn't given to man to eat an animal until Noah -- notwithstanding what the wicked may have done before the flood.

wine is not only a type of blood, but a type of joy.
it is not insignificant that the first miracle Christ performed was changing water to wine -- nor insignificant that the reason given in the law not to eat blood is because 'the life' is in the blood. Christ is the life. He commands us to drink His blood. blood is a type in scripture primarily of life -- and so also the grape is, through representing blood, through representing joy.
Christ's body has no blood??
we will no more have blood??
the narrative of the scripture is a narrative of blood, blood, blood - the life is in the blood, the blood is given so that we may have life, the blood must be on the doorposts and lintel, the blood covers the ark -- unless we drink His blood there is no life in us: what, we'll drink it and it just *poof* disappears? He will drink the wine of the grape with us at the marriage supper, and drinking that wine and that blood is putting on incorruption.

He saw all He made and it was good. that includes grapes, and that includes blood.
it's man who has imagined many devices -- do not let anyone judge you in matters of food and drink. =|
Moses - water to blood
Jesus - water to a type of blood, wine

Yes, Adam went from an immortal body to a mortal body. Why? Blood. Blood is the life now.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Likewise also the cup after supper, saying,
this cup is the new testament in My blood, which is shed for you
(Luke 22:20)
Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works!
Let thy garments be always white; and let thy head lack no ointment!
(Ecclesiastes 9:7-8)
Jesus using the wine as a type of blood.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I wonder what is going on in 'Speak your Mind" thread? I was able to post there this morning, and now I hit 'reply' and it won't let me post anything in there??
I had that problem in other threads too. Seems bo be working now.

Jun 10, 2019
Next time I go grocery shopping I'm gonna score some Fig Newtons.
huh goes to show how long it’s been since I have gotten Fig Newtons from the grocery store, I’ve read they are not called Fig Newtons anymore since 2012,

John146

Jan 13, 2016
You have the most ludicrous beliefs more worthy of jWs or Muslims!
Adam had the same 8 pints as any human today , although he may have been taller and had a pint or two extra.
Jesus's resurrection body had to have blood in it in order to function as a human unless you think he was a 1950's Japanese wind-up toy robot.
He was wandering about in resurrection for 40 days just as he was 40 days being tempted by Satan. Moses was 40 x 2 days up Sinai with GOD.
Lots of occultists claim 40 is a special number but who cares?

Acts 15:29
29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
Can you post that Adam had blood pre fall? Thanks. Btw, Adam passed his corruptible line to Seth, and so forth. We are connected through blood. Christ had to forego Adam’s blood line because it was corrupt.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
huh goes to show how long it’s been since I have gotten Fig Newtons from the grocery store, I’ve read they are not called Fig Newtons anymore since 2012,
Oh oh. Wadda they called now? My wife has them on the list, one fig newton and one strawberry newton. I do the grocery shopping on Monday morning. They still got figs in 'em right? Maybe not the strawberry kind but that's what makes them strawberry newtons. What's a newton anywho? I think that he was the guy that invented the apple or something to that effect.

Mar 28, 2016
Now, learn the parable of the fig tree. That's an order, soldier! Our Commander did not say, "If you get a chance to" or "Maybe you should". No, Jesus Christ gave us an order to learn the parable of the fig tree. Why, what's so important about learning that parable? Because if we learn it, we understand what generation will be the final generation for us, for mankind. That's important to know, right? For those who may not know, our Beloved gave us that order in Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21. Please read it, if you never have.

The parable of the fig tree starts in the Garden of Eden and ends in the New Testament but the heart of the parable is in the book of Jeremiah. The parable goes throughout the whole Bible, but I don't believe in long posts, so allow me to just give highlights from the beginning, ending and middle of the parable. It is about the trials and tribulations of the Jewish people. The fig tree always represents Israel in the Bible.

The sin in the Garden of Eden was not about eating a forbidden apple, it was about sex. Satan was trying to compromise the Seed line of Jesus Christ, through Adam, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David . . . When Adam and Eve were seduced by the devil, their sin, their disobedience to God,had to be covered, so we have the beginning of the parable.

And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons. Genesis 3:7

Despite repeated attempts by Satan to destroy the righteous fig tree Seed line of Christ he ultimately failed after the final temptation of Christ in Matthew 4 when he told our Beloved: All these things will I give Thee, if Thou wilt fall down and worship me. Notice that Satan had the power until our Lord went on the cross and took it from him. Here is the end of the parable of the fig tree.

Jesus was hungry and He went to a far away fig tree to get something to eat. When He and His disciples got there they found it to be empty for the time of the figs was not yet. The figs were not to come for another 2,000 years, so He cursed the fig tree. Then, the next morning, they were walking past the fig tree again and Peter was astonished saying, Master, behold, the fig tree which Thou cursedst is withered away. Our Lord's answer to Peter is equally astonishing.

And Jesus answering saith unto them, "Have faith in God." Mark 11.22

Have faith in God? That is a bewildering answer to Peter unless you understand the fig tree had to be withered for the next 2,000 years so that the fullness of the Gentiles could come in. Okay, I'm not trying to confuse anyone so let me say it plainly. The Jewish people have been used in their disbelief of Christ to enlarge the tent of God to include the Gentile nations. This has lasted since the Lord walked the earth, and now what?

Now go back to those 3 chapters mentioned in the 1st paragraph of this post and understand that the fig tree is putting forth leaves and that summer, harvest time, is near. How do we know that? Because in 1948 the leaves began to return to the fig tree. If the Lord has blessed you with eyes to see and ears to hear go to the heart of the parable now, Jeremiah 24.

Now, read the heart of the parable of the fig tree and answer for yourself WHO those two baskets of figs set before the Temple of The LORD in 1948 are. Now you understand the parable of the fig tree and why This generation shall not pass.
That's the year I was born.

The gospel has nothing to do with the corruptible flesh and blood of mankind. The two baskets are the two witnesses of God .The law and the prophets .Signified by Moses and Elias . The root and good foundation of the vine.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
grapes and dried grapes are only prohibited for Jews wanting to become Nazerites for a time.
It is of no concern to us Christians. We can eat what we want apart from blood and perhaps food we know was offered to idols.
Actually, Paul mentioned that not eating food to idols was no longer in effect as well but perhaps to refrain from doing so if you are with something that actually follows that doctrine so as to not tempt them to eat and thereby commiting a sin.

Jun 10, 2019
Oh oh. Wadda they called now? My wife has them on the list, one fig newton and one strawberry newton. I do the grocery shopping on Monday morning. They still got figs in 'em right? Maybe not the strawberry kind but that's what makes them strawberry newtons. What's a newton anywho? I think that he was the guy that invented the apple or something to that effect.
From what I’ve read they were first made in Newton Massachusetts thus the name.

Yea there’s quite a few different flavors I’m going to check them out, I assume the fig flavor is still around

Jan 17, 2020
Now, learn the parable of the fig tree. That's an order, soldier! Our Commander did not say, "If you get a chance to" or "Maybe you should". No, Jesus Christ gave us an order to learn the parable of the fig tree. Why, what's so important about learning that parable? Because if we learn it, we understand what generation will be the final generation for us, for mankind. That's important to know, right? For those who may not know, our Beloved gave us that order in Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21. Please read it, if you never have.

The parable of the fig tree starts in the Garden of Eden and ends in the New Testament but the heart of the parable is in the book of Jeremiah. The parable goes throughout the whole Bible, but I don't believe in long posts, so allow me to just give highlights from the beginning, ending and middle of the parable. It is about the trials and tribulations of the Jewish people. The fig tree always represents Israel in the Bible.

The sin in the Garden of Eden was not about eating a forbidden apple, it was about sex. Satan was trying to compromise the Seed line of Jesus Christ, through Adam, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David . . . When Adam and Eve were seduced by the devil, their sin, their disobedience to God,had to be covered, so we have the beginning of the parable.

And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons. Genesis 3:7

Despite repeated attempts by Satan to destroy the righteous fig tree Seed line of Christ he ultimately failed after the final temptation of Christ in Matthew 4 when he told our Beloved: All these things will I give Thee, if Thou wilt fall down and worship me. Notice that Satan had the power until our Lord went on the cross and took it from him. Here is the end of the parable of the fig tree.

Jesus was hungry and He went to a far away fig tree to get something to eat. When He and His disciples got there they found it to be empty for the time of the figs was not yet. The figs were not to come for another 2,000 years, so He cursed the fig tree. Then, the next morning, they were walking past the fig tree again and Peter was astonished saying, Master, behold, the fig tree which Thou cursedst is withered away. Our Lord's answer to Peter is equally astonishing.

And Jesus answering saith unto them, "Have faith in God." Mark 11.22

Have faith in God? That is a bewildering answer to Peter unless you understand the fig tree had to be withered for the next 2,000 years so that the fullness of the Gentiles could come in. Okay, I'm not trying to confuse anyone so let me say it plainly. The Jewish people have been used in their disbelief of Christ to enlarge the tent of God to include the Gentile nations. This has lasted since the Lord walked the earth, and now what?

Now go back to those 3 chapters mentioned in the 1st paragraph of this post and understand that the fig tree is putting forth leaves and that summer, harvest time, is near. How do we know that? Because in 1948 the leaves began to return to the fig tree. If the Lord has blessed you with eyes to see and ears to hear go to the heart of the parable now, Jeremiah 24.

Now, read the heart of the parable of the fig tree and answer for yourself WHO those two baskets of figs set before the Temple of The LORD in 1948 are. Now you understand the parable of the fig tree and why This generation shall not pass.
Jesus says:

“And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees; When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand. So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.” Luke 21:29–31 (KJV 1900)

So he wasn't speaking about physical broken off Israel here. He spoke of many signs leading up to the end.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
The blood of Jesus was not corrupt. His shed blood is a picture of getting rid of sin. Under the law, the animal would be shed of their blood for a sacrifice for sins.

The life of man is in his blood. Why? We have become mortal, corrupt. Compare the following:

Adam before the fall - 23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

Jesus in His resurrected body - 39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Our redeemed bodies - 49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. 50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
It's hard to tell what exactly you think you are trying to teach here other than you think incorrupt, glorified bodies don't have any blood at all. Even incorrupt blood. And you think blood, veins, arteries & hearts were all made as a punishment for Adam after the fall.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
We
It's hard to tell what exactly you think you are trying to teach here other than you think incorrupt, glorified bodies don't have any blood at all. Even incorrupt blood. And you think blood, veins, arteries & hearts were all made as a punishment for Adam after the fall.
I believe Adam’s body contained living water.

Apr 3, 2019
i don't think that statement is accurate.
it has a lot to do with Genesis 3 - the first mention of figs in the scripture. that first mention is how mankind, with the death of sin infecting them, used a fig tree to try to cover the shame of their iniquity.

the fig tree is specifically mentioned in Genesis 3 apart from 'all the trees' and it's not for no reason. the fig tree represents Israel, in a specific aspect, which has a lot to do with what happened in Eden.

so if the fig tree is a type of Israel, 'all the trees' is a type here of all the other nations of earth, all the gentiles.
it is not for no reason that He specifies 'fig tree'
No, the parable itself is not about Israel as a type Skele it's about the certainty of his prophecy, that's why he said learn from the parable.

Pushing types can be specious. Are they are vine or a fig tree?

Now you could argue that Jesus' use of the fig tree in Mark 11:13 is figurative of Israel, but even then this is debatable.

(Mark 11:13 And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.)

(Mark 11:14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.)

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
I believe Adam’s body contained living water.
I get it, because of The Lord telling us rivers of living water will flow from our bellies.

Did your King James cult teach you this stuff?