Learning to live without money

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 22, 2023
If you mow them before they seed, you miss a golden part of the year.
please:

of what use to you are dandelion - if you would?

The peace and love of the Lord BE unto all.
The Lord comes soon. Amen.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
please:

of what use to you are dandelion - if you would?

The peace and love of the Lord BE unto all.
The Lord comes soon. Amen.
We were given dominion in the first chapter, not the other way around, man is a totally different order of creation that the rest..
blessings

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I didn't mow until my dandelions all seeded.
My neighbors think I am a menace to society.
Would you like a neighbor like me?:giggle::)(y):unsure::coffee:
blessings
I'm fixing to mow my front yard in a few minutes.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Perhaps a little faith, beloved:

Blessed be the Lord; for that which is impossible with man IS made possible by the true and living God:

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for Me and thee.

Also: Aba spoke, saying:

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in My name, I will do it.

Aba also did speak, saying:

7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Aba also did speak this:

27 Then answered Peter and said unto Him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed Thee; what shall we have therefore? 28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of His glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. 30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

Perhaps we might expect abundance? (yes, truly.)

The peace and love of the Messiah - Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth - BE with all.
Lord Jesus comes soon. Amen.
*snerk

What devotional inspiration website did you copy-paste that from? :p

But the Bible DOES say that the time of tribulation will be cut short for our sakes.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
Just a thought

Some people move out to a rural area because they are afraid of the future.
They grow vegetables, fruit etc.
nothing wrong with that.
But fear is the wrong reason to move to the bush.
Like we heard, we need to be where the people are.

Matthew 5:13 KJV
Ye are the salt of the earth:

Matthew 5:14 KJV
Ye are the light of the world.

Matthew 5:16 KJV
Let your light so shine before men,

Matthew 24:14 KJV
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations;
and then shall the end come.

The Lord Jesus said…..

Matthew 6:21,24-26,28,30-34 KJV
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
[24] No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
[25] Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
[26] Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
[28] And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
[30] Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
[31] Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
[32] (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek, for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
[33] But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
[34] Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Mar 22, 2023
We were given dominion in the first chapter, not the other way around, man is a totally different order of creation that the rest..
blessings
Again - the meaning of my words are lost, beloved:

of what use are dandelions to me (I now pose the question to myself)?

I eat such bitter herbs during passover, when considering the great acts of love and loyalty accomplished gloriously by the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel - the God of my forefathers; with my staff in hand and shoes upon my feet, I eat with haste each year: for we were hurried out of Egypt unto freedom.

Blessed be the Lord our God: for the decree was that our daughters were to live, but our sons were to be cast into the river to die (after the beloved midwives absolutely refused to kill the manchildren at their first breath - for they did fear the King of heaven).

Great IS the Lord. Amen.

The blessings of the Almighty God, who does live forever and ever, be with all.
Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth comes quickly. Amen.

Mar 22, 2023
Their edible, a super food https://www.masterclass.com/articles/are-dandelions-edible-raw pollinators(bees) seek them out because of this also.
Sadly, my words are often misconstrued; truly, beloved; but here:

I will repost my reply to our beloved Shittim, that there be clarity regarding this thing:

Again - the meaning of my words are lost, beloved:

of what use are dandelions to me (I now pose the question to myself)?

I eat such bitter herbs during passover, when considering the great acts of love and loyalty accomplished gloriously by the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel - the God of my forefathers; with my staff in hand and shoes upon my feet, I eat with haste each year: for we were hurried out of Egypt unto freedom.

Blessed be the Lord our God: for the decree was that our daughters were to live, but our sons were to be cast into the river to die (after the beloved midwives absolutely refused to kill the manchildren at their first breath - for they did fear the King of heaven).

Great IS the Lord. Amen.

The blessings of the Almighty God, who does live forever and ever, be with all.
Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth comes quickly. Amen.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Just a thought

Some people move out to a rural area because they are afraid of the future.
They grow vegetables, fruit etc.
nothing wrong with that.
But fear is the wrong reason to move to the bush.
Like we heard, we need to be where the people are.

Matthew 5:13 KJV
Ye are the salt of the earth:

Matthew 5:14 KJV
Ye are the light of the world.

Matthew 5:16 KJV
Let your light so shine before men,

Matthew 24:14 KJV
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations;
and then shall the end come.

The Lord Jesus said…..

Matthew 6:21,24-26,28,30-34 KJV
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
[24] No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.(
[25] Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
[26] Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
[28] And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
[30] Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
[31] Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
[32] (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek, for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
[33] But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
[34] Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

I think those considering moving to the rural areas and farming are thinking there might be an economical crash foretold in Revelation 18(and other Scriptures) https://biblehub.com/interlinear/revelation/18.htm ... It's interesting to ponder this from that point of view because not only does it say that Babylons gold,silver ect.(money?) will crumble but that they will also suffer "famine" and loss of cattle,wheat,spices,fruits ect. so food substances also.

I do agree with the Scriptures you gave in that they both apply to those in the cities as also the rural areas. To me it seems an important part of the process of delivering the Gospel to both those in the cities and the rural areas that in the Revelation Jesus himself by pointing out these events unfolding at all is to reveal these events that we might not be caught off guard by them. It would probably be an frightful event to behold unfolding for some but in Jesus revealing these events to us he himself seems to have thought it would benefit us to have foreknowledge of it. Pondering this I wonder has our Lord reveled this to us and we should have confidence that we can survive this and not fear?

In the cities when these events unfold and they try to garden on their patios it will dawn on them that it will take about three acres of good arable land to feed one person. They will simply do the math,,,me,my wife and little Joey is 3x3=9 acres that I need to farm every square inch of for us to eat. They will pull out all the lawn and plant every square foot even in the ditches and still not have enough arable land to feed all the people in the cities. Then they will ponder moving to the rural areas and find the new cities that sprang up in the aftermath.

Mar 22, 2023
*snerk

What devotional inspiration website did you copy-paste that from? :p

But the Bible DOES say that the time of tribulation will be cut short for our sakes.
I will receive your words as a compliment, beloved; that with your words, you deal playfully with your fellowservant
(for why would any flog a prince of Israel who does grieve continually at the thought of all that my people suffer at this time in the land that was given to us by promise, the land of Canaan. But many nations have gathered together to refute our right to live in the land given to us by the LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel. Many breath rancour, stating that we are racist; but we are there by command. Have they not heard what did befall us when we refused to go up and take possession? All those warrior did perish. And it was ONLY then (AFTER they did perish from the midst of the rest of our people) that His Majesty, the King of Heaven, did lead us back to deal faithfully - to go in and take possession and rest, according to His command...)

The peace and love - with joy that none can take away - of our Savior, Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the Son of God, be with all.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Sounds like verb-o-rhea from here, if we cannot communicate in a simple succinct paragraph it is useless to the hearer.
blessings:)(y):unsure:

Mar 22, 2023
I will receive your words as a compliment, beloved; that with your words, you deal playfully with your fellowservant
(for why would any flog a prince of Israel who does grieve continually at the thought of all that my people suffer at this time in the land that was given to us by promise, the land of Canaan. But many nations have gathered together to refute our right to live in the land given to us by the LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel. Many breath rancour, stating that we are racist; but we are there by command. Have they not heard what did befall us when we refused to go up and take possession? All those warrior did perish. And it was ONLY then (AFTER they did perish from the midst of the rest of our people) that His Majesty, the King of Heaven, did lead us back to deal faithfully - to go in and take possession and rest, according to His command...)

The peace and love - with joy that none can take away - of our Savior, Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the Son of God, be with all.
Truly - As the LORD lives, beloved: boredom shall in no wise be a concern of yours in times to come:
(whether for yourself or those of us who will suffer, you will lament as I lament for my kin - for all of Israel)

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

The prophecies shall in no wise fail.

May strength to endure unto the end be unto all from the King of creation; Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the only begotten Son of the true and living God, comes soon. Amen.

Mar 22, 2023
Sounds like verb-o-rhea from here, if we cannot communicate in a simple succinct paragraph it is useless to the hearer.
blessings:)(y):unsure:
Beloved, It is written:

26 Also to punish the just is not good, nor to strike princes for equity.

May peace be with all of the house of the true and living God; for such IS pleasing to our Father.

Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the Holy One of Israel, comes soon. Amen.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Where is it "written" ?..... Sounds like apostasy:unsure::unsure::)
best wishes:)

Mar 22, 2023
Where is it "written" ?..... Sounds like apostasy:unsure::unsure::)
best wishes:)
In the writtings of my ancestor, beloved elder Melekh Shlomo (King Solomon of Judah) - proverbs 17:26.

Believers are not all the same, beloved. Your mention of apostasy resounds as intolerance (of your brothers whom you know not - servants and kin of the people of Israel).

Whether least or exceedingly great, may all rejoice without ceasing in the mercy of the LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel; for the glory IS the LORD's. Yea, for His IS the kingdom, and the power. Amen.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Personally, I am not a big fan of living off the land.
I am grateful for the technological advancements which has made my live easier to live compared to my grandfather's generation.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
In the writtings of my ancestor, beloved elder Melekh Shlomo (King Solomon of Judah) - proverbs 17:26.

Believers are not all the same, beloved. Your mention of apostasy resounds as intolerance (of your brothers whom you know not - servants and kin of the people of Israel).

Whether least or exceedingly great, may all rejoice without ceasing in the mercy of the LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel; for the glory IS the LORD's. Yea, for His IS the kingdom, and the power. Amen.
"When in Rome, do as the Romans do"...... Thanks brother, this is a christian forum primarily of western participation.
Your willingness to pop in and accuse of intolerance to bow in appreciation of your heritage doesn't work here, we meet in Christ, not heritage and genealogies'.
Hope to hear and see more from you, just expanded my knowledge that
Shlomo" and "Soloman" have a linguistic tie. :)(y)
Best wishes friend

Mar 22, 2023
"When in Rome, do as the Romans do"...... Thanks brother, this is a christian forum primarily of western participation.
Your willingness to pop in and accuse of intolerance to bow in appreciation of your heritage doesn't work here, we meet in Christ, not heritage and genealogies'.
Best wishes friend
I receive all that you choose to give;

The earth is the LORD's and the fullness thereof.
Were you to sympathize with those of us who suffer for the sake of the will of the true and living God - even as you can expect to - it would be the fulfilment of the law: Love thy neighbor as thyself. We suffer and die in Israel; the glory IS the LORD's - for by faith we reside where we are commanded, that the LORD be magnified.

Many - even now - seek to blot out the name and posterity of our beloved ancestor Israel. We are deeply loathed openly.

You withold your love from your semitic brethren? what do you fear?

God alone IS good; God IS love.