Learning to live without money

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 22, 2023
"When in Rome, do as the Romans do"...... Thanks brother, this is a christian forum primarily of western participation.
Your willingness to pop in and accuse of intolerance to bow in appreciation of your heritage doesn't work here, we meet in Christ, not heritage and genealogies'.
Hope to hear and see more from you, just expanded my knowledge that
Shlomo" and "Soloman" have a linguistic tie. :)(y)
Best wishes friend
May you and all held dearly - in heart and mind - by you be blessed and protected continually by the great Angels of our Father in heaven; and may your close friends lament woefully at the sound of your grief and rejoice with tears with you in your joy.
The peace and love of our Savior, Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth, BE with you.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Anyhow.... Back to the topic. There will be a lot of doing without for many soon.
I see the Walton family is selling out large holding.

Mar 22, 2023
Anyhow.... Back to the topic. There will be a lot of doing without for many soon.
I see the Walton family is selling out large holding.
A lot MORE, perhaps?
MANY already have lost what lives they have known to the series of debacles of recent years.

Many of us are unaware - that our brothers and sisters, both near and afar off, cry out for a shoulder; that they may gain even a little strength to proceed with honor.

A moment to consider the many lives destroyed, and those who lost everything - who now sleep with ancestors.

The Pain is real, the loss is disturbing unto a shattering of mental and emotional health - much of it from subscribing to 'the deceitfulness of riches'.

...blessed ARE the poor (who are rich in the things of the Kingdom), for theirs IS the Kingdom of God; truly.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Sounds like verb-o-rhea from here, if we cannot communicate in a simple succinct paragraph it is useless to the hearer.
blessings:)(y):unsure:
It's entertaining though. Kind of like watching a Shakespeare play. The Bard always was great for stretching out one thought into 17 paragraphs of florid prose.

Mar 22, 2023
It's entertaining though. Kind of like watching a Shakespeare play. The Bard always was great for stretching out one thought into 17 paragraphs of florid prose.
Ma zeh?
Ata lo mevin.
Ani lokhem shel Elohim...Emet.

Your reference has nothing to do with my Father's business; in His house are many mansions: again, all believers are NOT the same. Will you withold your love from all brethren and sistren besides those who bear your likeness?

What I speak, I share according to the authority assigned by the LORD God of my forefathers.

I love you and do forgive you. But you do Him dishonor in this moment.
(I am not seeking an office vote from you to ascend the ranks of political realms; I have no website link - that you may purchase my merchandise; I have no social media channel for you to subscribe to - that my 'popularity' ratings may be increased: i am your brother, and you reject me for all that I am.)

As the LORD God of Israel lives, He will make the meaning of this engagement known to you.

Be Well.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I can in no wise grasp that the Father has guided you to that and/or here.
goodbye oh archaic one.
best wishes:)

Mar 22, 2023
I can in no wise grasp that the Father has guided you to that and/or here.
goodbye oh archaic one.
best wishes:)
Again, beloved - Aba will surely make clear to you the true nature of this engagement.

9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and His wheels as burning fire.

10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before Him: thousand thousands ministered unto Him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

All will be settled; and Love will reign forever - truly.

Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the only begotten Son of the true and living God, comes soon.
Peace and wellbeing to all.

Tall_Timbers

Mar 31, 2023
Cheyenne WY
christiancommunityforum.com
In the developed world we used to all have gardens, root cellars and places where we dried food. We would take time throughout the year to prepare ourselves for the offseason. Each family generally had one household member working outside the home and one working at the home. It wasn't just a house, but a small enterprise that kept our family fed and cared for. We used money for many things including buying food, but over the years the ratio of how much of our food was grown and prepared by us and how much food we purchased has been shifting. Now it seems that almost all of our food is a straight up trade for money. Both parents need to work to be able to afford a home and the whole idea of self reliance has gone south.
We were primarilly an agricultural economy but as cities developed those in the cities didn't all have gardens. Now most people live in cities in the USA, anyway, and some but not most have a small garden plot.

I've spent a lot of time in the 3rd world. The poor (economically speaking) who had their small family farms had food, clothing and shelter, barely though, and little else. Those were and are content. As those people began to migrate to cities they found themselves homeless and unable to provide for themselves.

When things happen that make it so we can't purchase food we'll just have to lean on the Lord and praise Him for everything that comes our way, along with praise Him for everything negative that comes our way.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
He promises to protect His Own, we must BE His own.
blessings

Zandar

May 16, 2023

this is a really good book on the flux of civilizations. its been a while since ive read it but it touches on alternatives to our current systems and he discusses a lot about money

Zandar

May 16, 2023
One of the things he said in a speech was, 1 out of 10 didnt know who the president was which is sobering considering one of the questions on a psychiatric exam to determine if you are sane is, who is the president of the united states?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
We appear to have been given over to judgement, at least those who are not His.:):unsure:(y):coffee:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
One of the things he said in a speech was, 1 out of 10 didnt know who the president was which is sobering considering one of the questions on a psychiatric exam to determine if you are sane is, who is the president of the united states?
I don't think that Joe Biden knows who the president is either.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
I think those considering moving to the rural areas and farming are thinking there might be an economical crash foretold in Revelation 18(and other Scriptures) https://biblehub.com/interlinear/revelation/18.htm ... It's interesting to ponder this from that point of view because not only does it say that Babylons gold,silver ect.(money?) will crumble but that they will also suffer "famine" and loss of cattle,wheat,spices,fruits ect. so food substances also.

I do agree with the Scriptures you gave in that they both apply to those in the cities as also the rural areas. To me it seems an important part of the process of delivering the Gospel to both those in the cities and the rural areas that in the Revelation Jesus himself by pointing out these events unfolding at all is to reveal these events that we might not be caught off guard by them. It would probably be an frightful event to behold unfolding for some but in Jesus revealing these events to us he himself seems to have thought it would benefit us to have foreknowledge of it. Pondering this I wonder has our Lord reveled this to us and we should have confidence that we can survive this and not fear?

In the cities when these events unfold and they try to garden on their patios it will dawn on them that it will take about three acres of good arable land to feed one person. They will simply do the math,,,me,my wife and little Joey is 3x3=9 acres that I need to farm every square inch of for us to eat. They will pull out all the lawn and plant every square foot even in the ditches and still not have enough arable land to feed all the people in the cities. Then they will ponder moving to the rural areas and find the new cities that sprang up in the aftermath.
If our lot is to be martyred for following the Lord Jesus Christ,
It will happen no matter where we are living.

1 Corinthians 10:13 KJV
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

2 Timothy 2:12 KJV
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him : if we deny him, he also will deny us:

The Lord is worthy that we should follow Him, all the way.

John 15:18-26 KJV
If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
[19] If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
[20] Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
[21] But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
[22] If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
[23] He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
[24] If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
[25] But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
[26] But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
If our lot is to be martyred for following the Lord Jesus Christ,
It will happen no matter where we are living.

1 Corinthians 10:13 KJV
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

2 Timothy 2:12 KJV
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him : if we deny him, he also will deny us:

The Lord is worthy that we should follow Him, all the way.

John 15:18-26 KJV
If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
[19] If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
[20] Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
[21] But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
[22] If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
[23] He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
[24] If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
[25] But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
[26] But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Again the Scriptures you are posting about being protected or facing martyrdom for preaching the Gospel I agree with.. In light of another topic(the one in the OP) it's asking about not having access to money or inflation becoming so high we cannot afford to buy food. Anyway I do agree with the Scriptures you gave about preaching the Gospel and can travel from where I live in the rural areas to the cities to present it to those who dwell there. The issue of the OP though is still the same in that in the rural areas they grow food(crops,cattle ect.) and those in the cities do not because they don't have land to do it on. So in the end those in the cities are dependent on the food being raised and SENT TO THEM TO BUY not the other way around.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Keep in mind most who claim to be Christian aren't really but hold to an outward form denying the power.:):unsure:

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Keep in mind most who claim to be Christian aren't really but hold to an outward form denying the power.:):unsure:

When I was young me and my mother was talking about Matthew 6:26 https://biblehub.com/matthew/6-26.htm and she ask me if I thought Jesus meant the birds were to sit in the trees and power lines with their mouths open waiting for seeds and bugs to fall into it or if they realized the plants and bugs were everywhere they just needed to go look for them.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
Again the Scriptures you are posting about being protected or facing martyrdom for preaching the Gospel I agree with.. In light of another topic(the one in the OP) it's asking about not having access to money or inflation becoming so high we cannot afford to buy food. Anyway I do agree with the Scriptures you gave about preaching the Gospel and can travel from where I live in the rural areas to the cities to present it to those who dwell there. The issue of the OP though is still the same in that in the rural areas they grow food(crops,cattle ect.) and those in the cities do not because they don't have land to do it on. So in the end those in the cities are dependent on the food being raised and SENT TO THEM TO BUY not the other way around.
Correct.
And this verse in Luke 16:9 fascinated me for a long time.
(So God does not fail His children.
He provides the need of his obedient servants who are doing His will.)
Ultimately worrying about our next meal or clothing is not from God.
But ….
John 2:5 KJV
Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.

Luke 16:9 KJV
And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.

Philippians 4:11-12,14-19 KJV
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
[12] I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
[14] Notwithstanding ye have well done, that ye did communicate with my affliction.
[15] Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.
[16] For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity.
[17] Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.
[18] But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God.
[19] But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Correct.
And this verse in Luke 16:9 fascinated me for a long time.
(So God does not fail His children.
He provides the need of his obedient servants who are doing His will.)
Ultimately worrying about our next meal or clothing is not from God.
But ….
John 2:5 KJV
Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.

Luke 16:9 KJV
And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.

Philippians 4:11-12,14-19 KJV
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
[12] I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
[14] Notwithstanding ye have well done, that ye did communicate with my affliction.
[15] Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.
[16] For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity.
[17] Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.
[18] But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God.
[19] But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
pulling a geographic is not always the solution
God can be right where you are and supply what you need, even with no money.
Note that when Jesus travelled in his ministry, he did not go to rural areas he went into the cities. He did not worry about food or clothes. He had a mission.

of course, he got his disciples from fishermen. So he didnt worry about food they would always have fish. If you have fishing skills you can catch your own and dont need money for that. You MIGHT need a boat though...

people in rural areas also are subject to the seasons as urbanites are but doesnt necessarily mean they survive any better they will have hard times of want as well and its much more labour intensive and will need things from the city..like hospitals etc .living in isolation is not good for many people who are also cut off from social contacts. The govt is not ncessarily going to put a road in all the way to your home in the countryside and deliver all the things you find out you may need after all. Internet. Running water. electicity. Books to read. Unless you want to spend all day picking up and burning cowpats when the weather turns cold.

so I would say please consider that having a bolt hole or bunker in the countryside is exactly what mormon preppers might do out of fear and is not necssarily any nobler because you looking out for just yourself and your need for a bucolic lifestyle simply cos you can buy up some country land.

. Sometimes choosing to help others around you in the hard times can be the bigger blessing.