Bible's Many Gods
The Bible acknowledges the existence of lesser gods, often referred to as "gods" in the Old Testament. These lesser gods are seen as supernatural beings or divine beings that are subordinate to the one true God, Yahweh. The Bible does not explicitly state that there are no other gods, but rather that there is only one God who is the creator of all others in heaven and earth. The Psalms and other scriptures provide evidence of this belief, with verses like Psalm 86:8 and Isaiah 44:8 affirming the existence of other gods. The Israelites, for example, were aware of the worship of pagan gods by the Egyptians, and they continued to worship Yahweh as the supreme deity. The concept of lesser gods serves to illustrate the hierarchy of divine beings and the unique status of Yahweh as the creator and ruler of the universe.
https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=8867...Hktb2YtZXhpc3RlbmNlLW9mLWxlc3Nlci1nb2Rz&ntb=1
Stack Exchange+5
Psalms, Chapter 86:
6Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications.
7In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.
8Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord; neither are there any works like unto thy works.
9All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name.
Isaiah, Chapter 44:
6Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
7And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them.
8Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.
9They that make a graven image are all of them vanity; and their delectable things shall not profit; and they are their own witnesses; they see not, nor know; that they may be ashamed.
10Who hath formed a god, or molten a graven image that is profitable for nothing?
Are these conflicting Scriptures? Or, is it simply that anyone or thing a person puts before the Lord God becomes their god?
I know the Native Americans believed in the Great Spirit (God), but they also believed in lesser gods such as animals, birds, and even land....
https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=8867...Hktb2YtZXhpc3RlbmNlLW9mLWxlc3Nlci1nb2Rz&ntb=1
The Bible acknowledges the existence of lesser gods, often referred to as "gods" in the Old Testament. These lesser gods are seen as supernatural beings or divine beings that are subordinate to the one true God, Yahweh. The Bible does not explicitly state that there are no other gods, but rather that there is only one God who is the creator of all others in heaven and earth. The Psalms and other scriptures provide evidence of this belief, with verses like Psalm 86:8 and Isaiah 44:8 affirming the existence of other gods. The Israelites, for example, were aware of the worship of pagan gods by the Egyptians, and they continued to worship Yahweh as the supreme deity. The concept of lesser gods serves to illustrate the hierarchy of divine beings and the unique status of Yahweh as the creator and ruler of the universe.
https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=8867...Hktb2YtZXhpc3RlbmNlLW9mLWxlc3Nlci1nb2Rz&ntb=1
Stack Exchange+5
Psalms, Chapter 86:
6Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications.
7In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.
8Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord; neither are there any works like unto thy works.
9All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name.
Isaiah, Chapter 44:
6Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
7And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them.
8Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.
9They that make a graven image are all of them vanity; and their delectable things shall not profit; and they are their own witnesses; they see not, nor know; that they may be ashamed.
10Who hath formed a god, or molten a graven image that is profitable for nothing?
Are these conflicting Scriptures? Or, is it simply that anyone or thing a person puts before the Lord God becomes their god?
I know the Native Americans believed in the Great Spirit (God), but they also believed in lesser gods such as animals, birds, and even land....
https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=8867...Hktb2YtZXhpc3RlbmNlLW9mLWxlc3Nlci1nb2Rz&ntb=1