Let’s talk!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is it hard to find a partner during Covid?

• Yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No I’ve happily found someone

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Ysabel

Sep 16, 2020
Hey! Ysa here, not sure how forums work. But I’m just on here to chat about god, the Bible, and whatever else comes to mind.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Hey! Ysa here, not sure how forums work. But I’m just on here to chat about god, the Bible, and whatever else comes to mind.
Where are you from Ysa? Tell us a little general info about yourself.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Howdy and welcome to the forum. We chat about whatever here. Everything from God to chocolate to computers.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Welcome to the forum!
Some of us old married guys like to chat too. We love watching all the singles do that dance of enticing and trying to catch a romantic interest.....
And especially just talking and hanging out.

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
Welcome to the forum!
Some of us old married guys like to chat too. We love watching all the singles do that dance of enticing and trying to catch a romantic interest.....
And especially just talking and hanging out.[/QUOT

Attachments

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I have friends that are deeply avowed singles....
Marriage is not for everyone.

But that doesn't make our relationships any different. I'm happily married....
I have a pickup truck....they have a vehicle they drive.
It's not that much of a big deal....

But it is something that I have noticed is that some singles tend to be very sensitive on the subject of their singleness. It's not a detractor of their character...it's just a life choice.

RodB651

Feb 11, 2021
Don't let Covid, Monkeypox, Inflation, War in Ukraine, Taxes, Supply chain issues, or Climate change keep you from finding that someone special !!!

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
Hey, Ysa.

To your opening question, I'd say that it's hard to find a real partner at any time, but some people fortunately do.

With that out of the way, welcome aboard.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
lol.

Some of us single guys like watching it, too.
Too true! Sometimes we even place side bets.

"30 bucks says those two are going together before the month is out."

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Its probably EASIER to find your partner during covid cos you know they'll probably be staying at home just like everyone else whos got Covid.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
the Forums work by just posting stuff in threads
You can. start threads or finish them

it doesnt really matter what but usually I just try and stick go the topic of the OP or if something has asked or said something I'll just reply

they might come back and read it or they might not. Its a bit random.

I dont really talk at all much I tend to write more than I talk actually..it just depends. I can recall some phone conversations Ive had where talked an hour or so. But not people here my friends who arent on here. I dont talk to people on here cos I dont want to give up numbers and it would be expensive to call them anyway. I just write on posts

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
actually I dont think its wise to write your phone number on here and ask people to call you to talk to them
If anyones done that, I dont think so, Ive never seen it

If people ARE talking with each other I wouldnt know cos I dont eavesdrop on other peoples phones!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I have friends that are deeply avowed singles....
Marriage is not for everyone.

But that doesn't make our relationships any different. I'm happily married....
I have a pickup truck....they have a vehicle they drive.
It's not that much of a big deal....

But it is something that I have noticed is that some singles tend to be very sensitive on the subject of their singleness. It's not a detractor of their character...it's just a life choice.
Im trying to figure out what the pickup truck means...do all married people have pickup trucks?! Thats news to me. I thought it was truckies that had pick-up trucks.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
oh googled it means a ute.

well some gardeners have them but its usually tradie men that drive them or farmers. it doesnt necessairly mean they are married
I find a mini van more practical for gardening actually

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
actually I dont think its wise to write your phone number on here and ask people to call you to talk to them
If anyones done that, I dont think so, Ive never seen it

If people ARE talking with each other I wouldnt know cos I dont eavesdrop on other peoples phones!
Before we were married my wife (JesusLives) gave me her address and phone number in a PM and asked me to write or call. Fortunately, we lived only 120 miles apart. We had many long nightly phone calls and exchange of actual snail mail before we physically met. As in any prospective relationship there are calculated risks. If an enduring romantic relationship is desired eventually you have to shake the dice and let them fly. It's all in the wrists (risks).

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Don't let Covid, Monkeypox, Inflation, War in Ukraine, Taxes, Supply chain issues, or Climate change keep you from finding that someone special !!!
Nooo!!! Don't you realize that unless the government is given the power to stop all of these existential crises, we're all going to die before our time? I sweat with fear until Big Gov comes to save me...

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
so it wasnt a toll call or anything or across timezones? that was lucky. Did you call first or her?
sorry not being nosy but did you call anyone else? Or maybe she did.

do you share your home phone with anyone or was it you own mobile. I think mobile calls are expensive. I dont like talking for long on them esp when out and about.

The phone calls I like doing are when Im at home when Ive got nothing else to do. and no interruptions Which can be rare. . BecUse I share the phone its not private

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
if I tied I tied up the phone EVERY night I'd find it annoying. I wouldnt have much to talk about every night anyway.
If be like...cant talk am sleeping. zzzz

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
most of the time when i do make calls on the phone its for help, or organising something

I have accidentally run up a large bill when I got into the habit of calling my friend every day over lockdown. We were doing the daily trivia quiz. and she switched to mobile so calling wasnt free anymore.

so I stopped calling her everyday after that lol