Lets get a date!!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

How about you read the entire thread and enlighten yourself? lol I think that it would all just go away if we would forgive and forget offenses and move back into a positive direction with this thread :D
Why do that when you can just do it for me ;)

S

See_KING_Truth

Why do that when you can just do it for me ;)
I don't want to bring things back up Nod. I'd rather it just be dropped right into God's hands ;) He can do a much better job of making things right than we ever will. :D

Last edited:
N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

I don't want to bring things back up Nod. I'd rather it just be dropped right into God's hands ;) He can do a much better job of making things right then we ever will. :D

Good grief.. see now i gotta read this whole thing to see whats up..

Thank you... carry on now

G

GreenNnice

Any random guy at the feed store that is God's pick for you, msamber.

:)

T

thimsrebma

What is going on here. Now I see that WHEN THE CAT'S AWAY, THE MICE WILL PLAY. and not very nicely I might add.

This thread was meant to be fun little match making session between Christian Singles from all around the world. I leave for a few hours and you guys are clawing each others eyes out.

Behave children or im gonna get the belt out. Seriously. Stop poking yiour sister with that stick and get your foot off your brother's neck.

Lets turn the attention on me then since no one else wants to get hooked up. Hook me up with some one and then tell me why.

You naughty kids!!!!!

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
What is going on here. Now I see that WHEN THE CAT'S AWAY, THE MICE WILL PLAY. and not very nicely I might add.

This thread was meant to be fun little match making session between Christian Singles from all around the world. I leave for a few hours and you guys are clawing each others eyes out.

Behave children or im gonna get the belt out. Seriously. Stop poking yiour sister with that stick and get your foot off your brother's neck.

Lets turn the attention on me then since no one else wants to get hooked up. Hook me up with some one and then tell me why.

You naughty kids!!!!!
Hi Amber, we are all wondering ourselves what got Julianna so upset. No one seems to know what happened. *sigh*

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hey hey, everyone... Sorry I've been on a little internet vacation and have missed a bit of what's been going on...

First of all, I wanted to say I'm sorry to anyone whose feelings have been hurt by this thread--Amber is a wonderful, Godly encourager and I know she never meant any harm. I read the initial post before I took my internet fast and thought, "Wow, can't wait to get back, this looks like great fun!"

I hope I won't get into any trouble here or make things worse--I apologize if this furthers any hurt feelings--that's certainly not what I want to do.

I just wanted to say, Jullianna, you are beautiful and a wonderful person. I learn a lot from what you post here, and for the record, I'm sure, no matter where life takes you, you are going to have admirers, and yes, often male :) of all different walks of life!

Personally, if we are talking about who would make nice couples here, I have to put in my two cents--I have always thought Jullianna and Stillwaters have great rapport in the forums and enjoy seeing their good-natured bantering back and forth here in the forums. I'm NOT saying they should date, I'm just saying, they have very strong senses of spiritual and real-life matters, and their talents seem to play well off each other.

As for the good people who have been trying to help me out in the romance department :D--thank you for all your thoughts!!

Concerning myself and Nuke Pooch--I'm sorry, it just wouldn't work... because he refuses to do the chicken dance in public. And you all know that's an incredibly high criteria on my list. (Hopefully everyone realizes I am just kidding...) There is also the fact that he, despite being a fantastic person, is addicted to nachos... and doesn't mind having an emergency supply of nacho components stuck in his beard for between-meal-snacking... :) I don't mind that--it's the fact that he's obsessed with nachos and I very much am not that would make us incompatible... This would make us unequally yoked, don't you know! :)

And as for myself and Zero--he said in another thread that a woman should never consider Botox or plastic surgery (I know he meant it with a good heart! He means, he will love the person for who they are, not how they look), which automatically rules me out. I haven't had either yet... but seeing as people have almost always thought I looked 5-10 years younger than I am... I may take a nosedive and consider both when people start to say I look old! :) Someone with as good of a heart as Zero would not want to be around vain little me. :)

Personally... I would want to see the First Annual 2011 NodYourHeadLikeYeah and Nuke Pooch Sar-Cast-I-Thon... NOT that they have to date or anything, but if I could see both of their senses of humor live, uncensored, and right in front of me? I would pay good money for ringside seats! :D

Thanks for the well wishes... it's good to be back. :)

N

NukePooch

I see. And I absolutely agree, so I'm pretty sure I've never commented negatively in any way regarding dating someone with children.
...and it wasn't you I was commenting on. It wasn't the way I should have written it, once again, I have opened my mouth and firmly inserted my foot. Y'all know I only open my mouth to change feet.

Sorry, Jullianna.

K

Kooper

I just wanted to say, Jullianna, you are beautiful and a wonderful person. I learn a lot from what you post here, and for the record, I'm sure, no matter where life takes you, you are going to have admirers, and yes, often male :) of all different walks of life!
What she said. :rolleyes:

T

truffleshuffle

I can't believe I just read all 6 pages of this.

Julianna, you get offended WAY WAY WAY too easily. this stuff was NOT a big deal. you really just need to get over it.

and i know im gonna get crap for being so blunt, but honestly, you can't coddle people through everything. sometimes they just have to stop being dramatic.

P

Psalm2713

I am in total agreement with Nod, seoul and kooper.....you are sooooo Beautiful Julliana and we all love you.... :)

J

Jullianna

Amber is a charming, lovely lady whom I adore and I am absolutely certain that she created this thread with the best of fun-loving intentions. She is not responsible for the harshness, prejudices and cruelty of others.

Since why I'm so upset seems to be the question of the day, I'm going to explain one more time and move on. First of all, it's extremely inappropriate to comment on who someone can and cannot date solely because of their age, unless they are underaged, which I clearly am not. It's not only none of anyone's business, it's discriminatory and hypocrital, as I said in another thread. Since I was upset enough to create an entire new thread about it, I find it difficult to understand why anyone wouldn't know what it was that was so upsetting.

On top of that, knowing full well that I was already hurt about this (she addressed the person who slammed me in a post), someone not only prolonged the topic, she dragged my son into this hurtfulness. That was way below the belt and I would have thought that another single mom would have known better, especially since I have said in several other posts that I have intentionally waited until my son turned 18 to consider my own future. In any event, someone's child is off limits for personal attack. I would have thought any human being would have known that, especially another single mom.

I thank you all for your kind words. I try to be a very loving, forgiving person; but, in spite of popular opinion, I'm human too. Since someone tried to use my child against me, it might take a little longer, especially since I have some other intense situations going on in my life momentarily. I pray that my willingness to forgive matters. In the meantime, my punchingbag has lost a little too much sand in this thread, so I'm bowing out.

I come to CC to spend edifying time with fellow believers, not for intensity, hurtfulness and drama. I would assume the rest of you do the same, so I think it would be good to let this drop now and move on. Enough damage has been done. God bless you all.

Lovingly, Didi

J

Jullianna

I can't believe I just read all 6 pages of this.

Julianna, you get offended WAY WAY WAY too easily. this stuff was NOT a big deal. you really just need to get over it.

and i know im gonna get crap for being so blunt, but honestly, you can't coddle people through everything. sometimes they just have to stop being dramatic.
You clearly don't know me. Most folks here know that I normally take poundings exceptionally well, but this one involved my child. God bless you :)

I would appreciate it if no one gave her any grief over this. Thanks!

Please let this be the end of all of this.

Last edited by a moderator:

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
You clearly don't know me. I normally take poundings exceptionally well, but this one involved my child. God bless you :)

I would appreciate it if no one gave her any grief over this. Thanks!
edited (sent PM instead)

Last edited:

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Amber is a charming, lovely lady whom I adore and I am absolutely certain that she created this thread with the best of fun-loving intentions. She is not responsible for the harshness, prejudices and cruelty of others.

Since why I'm so upset seems to be the question of the day, I'm going to explain one more time and move on. First of all, it's extremely inappropriate to comment on who someone can and cannot date solely because of their age, unless they are underaged, which I clearly am not. It's not only none of anyone's business, it's discriminatory and hypocrital, as I said in another thread. Since I was upset enough to create an entire new thread about it, I find it difficult to understand why anyone wouldn't know what it was that was so upsetting.

On top of that, knowing full well that I was already hurt about this (she addressed the person who slammed me in a post), someone not only prolonged the topic, she dragged my son into this hurtfulness. That was way below the belt and I would have thought that another single mom would have known better, especially since I have said in several other posts that I have intentionally waited until my son turned 18 to consider my own future. In any event, someone's child is off limits for personal attack. I would have thought any human being would have known that, especially another single mom.

I thank you all for your kind words. I try to be a very loving, forgiving person; but, in spite of popular opinion, I'm human too. Since someone tried to use my child against me, it might take a little longer, especially since I have some other intense situations going on in my life momentarily. I pray that my willingness to forgive matters. In the meantime, my punchingbag has lost a little too much sand in this thread, so I'm bowing out.

I come to CC to spend edifying time with fellow believers, not for intensity, hurtfulness and drama. I would assume the rest of you do the same, so I think it would be good to let this drop now and move on. Enough damage has been done. God bless you all.

Lovingly, Didi
Julianna, I am sure that Grace was just trying to find out if Liamson would date a woman with younger children...children more her own kids' age. She bascially just wanted to know if Liamson would consider someone like her too. I am really sure she did not literally mean your son. Please don't let a misunderstanding destroy a friendship. The devil would surely take pleasure in that.

Leviticus 19:17 (NLT), Do not nurse hatred in your heart for any of your relatives [brothers and sisters and Christ]. Confront your neighbors directly so you will not be held guilty for their crimes.

Last edited:
P

Psalm2713

Oh goodness....LOL...I was going to defend you by saying that english is not your first language....and that whole bit. BUT....then I keep reading down on this thread, and I see where I made the SAME misspelling of the SAME word, and english IS my first language. *shrugs* LOL I make typos ALLLLLLLL the time because I think I type faster than my brain processes, and I don't go back and proofread as I should.
I have more grave things in life that get under my skin than my own typos on a message board or forum. (if it were a professional document for work or school then of course I would be much more dilligent.)

But I just found it hilarious that my defense lacked MAJOR gusto once I saw I made the same spelling error.

Psalm2713, I think your great...and I have loved your involvement on the forums. I hope you stick around as much as you can once you come to the US and begin your studies. I am excited to see what you think of your experiences in California. Your a real sweetheart!

~Blessings!

Grace you are always encouraging and uplifting... You are awesome. You are a true Proverbs 31 woman who is called blessed. You are a beautiful daughter of Abraham carrying that promise, to be a blessing to all( Genesis 12:2-3). I have beeen so blessed through you.....It's such a blessing to get a chance to know you... you are God's grace to me and I thank God for you.
Much love,
Maggie( Psalm2713).

P

Psalm2713

From a high school perspective: there is always kids who are mean and it's not just the simple kind of mean, they may talk mean about your parents, about your hair, your age( I was the youngest in class and it was bad, apparently ), about what makes you so special that you should be modest while everyone isn't, kids who treat your personal belongings like they own it, kids who mock you and the greatest LOVE of your life( Jesus)................ they are all kinds of mean, those are a few examples.

It's always good to remember who you are at all times-including when facing not-so-nice people. Your real value is never in what people say about you, it's not in your age, it's in what God sees in you.. and you know God loves you.

Julliana you mentioned your son. I know most people consider single mothers to be in "bad" position. But you and I both know that is not true. I don't know your son, but I know He is precious, you are precious too.Just think about it..whoever gets to marry you gets two precious people to love, one as a wife and the other as a son. That's how much you are worth. You are blessed Jules and I want you to remember that at all times. When you come across people who don't think so, just ask God to open their eyes so they can see what He sees in you...

Hugs... <3 <3................. I hope that makes sense.. :)

1still_waters

Just so this won't carry on further, I'm going to close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.