"Let's have a conversation"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
No, let's not!...

Genesis 3:1-3 NASBS
[1] Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, "Indeed, has God said, 'You shall not eat from any tree of the garden'?" [2] The woman said to the serpent, "From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat; [3] but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat from it or touch it, or you will die.'"

The rest is history.
The essence of our message is to be proclaimed, not discussed. In discussion, many compromises are made where human reason begins usurping God's revelation.
Lately many are falling for this tactic of the enemy, the latest being Josh Harris (Google him). Also the Emergent Church has gone down this path. It's the old Hegelian dialectic of Thesis<--->Antithesis resulting in a compromised Synthesis and is spearheading the latest apostasy in the Church.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Never heard of the guy or this church. End of conversation.
It's not just one guy, he was just a representative of what has been going on. He wrote a million dollar seller about 20 years ago about the dangers of dating (I kissed Dating Goodbye) for homeschooling groups., has now renounced Christ. https://www.christianpost.com/voice/a-letter-to-josh-harris.html

If you don't know what the Emergent Church is, well...think a hip liberal in clerical garb trying to come up with innovative ideas of interpretation to shock those who hold to biblical faith. (iow, Fundies). And don't tell me you don't know what a Fundie is...if so, end of conversation for sure.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
God invites us to reason with Him. Should we not also attempt to reason with others?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
God invites us to reason with Him. Should we not also attempt to reason with others?
We Are not God first of all.
What would others (esp unbelievers) have to offer that is better or truer than Scripture? Is not God's Word sufficient? Don't you think Christians have compromised far enough?

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
We Are not God first of all.
What would others (esp unbelievers) have to offer that is better or truer than Scripture? Is not God's Word sufficient? Don't you think Christians have compromised far enough?
I would add the Holy Spirit. When you say is not Gods Word suffient, I would add the Holy Spirit. We all need this in order to stand right with God. But I agree the Word is sustainable, man cannot live on bread alone but on the Word of God.

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the Lord,
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
They shall be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They shall be as wool.
19 If you are willing and obedient,
You shall eat the good of the land;
20 But if you refuse and rebel,
You shall be devoured by the sword”;
For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.

Thats not reasoning with God. Thats listening to God and being reasonable as to know You are living in sin and unless you become reasonable to obey God, you will be destroyed. Thats not reasoning. Theres no compromise in that. This amounts to "finding common sense". This is Gods reasoning with someone.. as described in Isaiah 1.

We are not God and we can never reason with others because we do not have the authority to judge others for whatever they are doing wrong. We can only show them the Word and what God says about it. But either way we do not compromise what the Word teaches us.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I would add the Holy Spirit. When you say is not Gods Word suffient, I would add the Holy Spirit. We all need this in order to stand right with God. But I agree the Word is sustainable, man cannot live on bread alone but on the Word of God.
Thanks for your service.
Yes, the Spirit and Word always work together, but I think you know what I meant. :)

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
Thanks for your service.
Yes, the Spirit and Word always work together, but I think you know what I meant. :)
I do by your response. Not everyone thinks the same. As much as we are supposed to be of one mind. We all are on different spiritual maturity levels. Thank you as well.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
It's not just one guy, he was just a representative of what has been going on. He wrote a million dollar seller about 20 years ago about the dangers of dating (I kissed Dating Goodbye) for homeschooling groups., has now renounced Christ. https://www.christianpost.com/voice/a-letter-to-josh-harris.html

If you don't know what the Emergent Church is, well...think a hip liberal in clerical garb trying to come up with innovative ideas of interpretation to shock those who hold to biblical faith. (iow, Fundies). And don't tell me you don't know what a Fundie is...if so, end of conversation for sure.
I suppose I could google that but no, have no idea what Fundies are. Sounds like this nut job wrote a book offering misguided advice about dating. Don't surprise me either that he was unfaithful to his wife. All of those self-righteous holier than thou types come out of the same mold. In the end it usually comes down to money.

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
I suppose I could google that but no, have no idea what Fundies are. Sounds like this nut job wrote a book offering misguided advice about dating. Don't surprise me either that he was unfaithful to his wife. All of those self-righteous holier than thou types come out of the same mold. In the end it usually comes down to money.
Lol ya me either... i dont know what a fundie is. If theres any forum to find out what exactly that is, this would be the thread.

Although it wouldnt matter. If it doesnt glorify God or serve in spreading His message I doubt it has much value. No offense to fundies lol

Dec 12, 2013
Firm believer in laying the truth bare and letting the chips fall where they fall.........I will engage and have dialogue with those that are open to learning and instruction....but when they start rejecting or arguing or denying or twisting....I will go into offensive mode and get the rake out........

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I suppose I could google that but no, have no idea what Fundies are.
i dont know what a fundie is.
If theres any forum to find out what exactly that is, this would be the thread.
A fundie is a derogatory term coined by theological compromising liberals in their attempt to shame Bible believers who hold to the basics of the Faith. (O.K.A. Fundamentalists), who hold firmly to such doctrines as a 6 day creation/ full inspiration of Scripture by God and without error/a Virgin Birth/ Incarnation/ Substitutionary atonement/ Bodily resurrection of Jesus/ His Bodily return to Judge the earth etc. I proudly wear that badge, whereas many theological liberals will scorn and mock such a stance.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
A fundie is a derogatory term coined by theological compromising liberals in their attempt to shame Bible believers who hold to the basics of the Faith.
*Fundie* being a derogatory nickname for a Fundamentalist. Every genuine Christian should be a Fundamentalist. The Bible is the sole authority for Christians, and the fundamentals of the faith (the body of Christian doctrine) are called "the faith which was once delivered unto the saints" by Jude (who exhorts Christians to earnestly contend for the faith).

Unfortunately -- and sadly -- there was a time when all Bible-believing Christians regarded themselves as Fundamentalists (when they broke away from -- or more accurately -- were driven away by theological liberals). But that did not last long enough, and the next generation became *Evangelicals*, followed by the *Neo-Evangelicals*, followed by the *Emergents*, followed by rank liberals and apostates.

Today the majority of evangelical and fundamentalist churches are making serious compromises in order to attract crowds. And all theological liberalism (unbelief) began in the seminaries and Bible schools, then filtered down into the churches. But the majority of ordinary Christians continued to remain in those churches and support them, rather than leave them to their own devices. Today, a good yardstick to determine theological liberalism in Christian denominations is to see where they stand on homosexuality and the ordination of homosexual pastors. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blessing_of_same-sex_unions_in_Christian_churches

TLC209

Mar 20, 2019
Merced, CA
*Fundie* being a derogatory nickname for a Fundamentalist. Every genuine Christian should be a Fundamentalist. The Bible is the sole authority for Christians, and the fundamentals of the faith (the body of Christian doctrine) are called "the faith which was once delivered unto the saints" by Jude (who exhorts Christians to earnestly contend for the faith).

Unfortunately -- and sadly -- there was a time when all Bible-believing Christians regarded themselves as Fundamentalists (when they broke away from -- or more accurately -- were driven away by theological liberals). But that did not last long enough, and the next generation became *Evangelicals*, followed by the *Neo-Evangelicals*, followed by the *Emergents*, followed by rank liberals and apostates.

Today the majority of evangelical and fundamentalist churches are making serious compromises in order to attract crowds. And all theological liberalism (unbelief) began in the seminaries and Bible schools, then filtered down into the churches. But the majority of ordinary Christians continued to remain in those churches and support them, rather than leave them to their own devices. Today, a good yardstick to determine theological liberalism in Christian denominations is to see where they stand on homosexuality and the ordination of homosexual pastors. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blessing_of_same-sex_unions_in_Christian_churches
I appreciate your breakdown on the term fundie. That felt like a crash course of some serious attacks on the body of Christ. All these denominations and doctrines is just too much. But the devil is behind it all. DIVISION AND CONFUSION.

The Gospel is simple. Simple enough for children to understand. We must be like children to understand these treasures. Men are the ones who complicate and arm an attack against the Church of Christ. Using false doctrines and cunning words that are pleasing to our carnal desires.

I myself would lean towards the "fundie" side of the coin. But I dont do well with labels. Im a born again Christian and thats as far as I go.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I'm wondering what we are suppose to have a conversation about?

bitmoji-20181205035021.png

Smooth

Jul 22, 2019
No, let's not!...

Genesis 3:1-3 NASBS
[1] Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, "Indeed, has God said, 'You shall not eat from any tree of the garden'?" [2] The woman said to the serpent, "From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat; [3] but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat from it or touch it, or you will die.'"

The rest is history.
The essence of our message is to be proclaimed, not discussed. In discussion, many compromises are made where human reason begins usurping God's revelation.
Lately many are falling for this tactic of the enemy, the latest being Josh Harris (Google him). Also the Emergent Church has gone down this path. It's the old Hegelian dialectic of Thesis<--->Antithesis resulting in a compromised Synthesis and is spearheading the latest apostasy in the Church.
The Bible in one sentence:
Grace through faith in Jesus Christ.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
But the devil is behind it all. DIVISION AND CONFUSION.
Not always...

Matthew 10:34-39 NASBS
[34] "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. [35] For I came to set A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW; [36] and a MAN'S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD. [37] "He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. [38] And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. [39] He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.