Let's Have A "Yousta" Conversation!

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I yousta watch a lot of those type of shows, oh David Attenborough's Planet Earth series was stellar, then
I needed a break from tusk poachers et alia so watch our plastic ocean (?), whoa! Well, so much for taking a
break from all that, as I had to pause the documentary half way through to weep for the poor birds who get
so filled up with plastic they cannot eat anything... Eh, I yousta watch netflix, but songwriting has taken over my life...
I'll just throw out some quick numbers that anyone can easily fact check for themselves before heading off to bed.

More than 20 billion plastic bottles wind up in our oceans annually, and they are not even the biggest plastic pollutants. Add to this number plastic bags, plastic straws, and the plastic rings that go around six packs of soda and beer, and you have a real-life disaster on your hands. After getting beaten about by waves, these plastics break down into microplastics, which are inevitably ingested by every type of sea creature. In fact, 100% of sea creatures that have been tested have microplastics in them. More than 100,000 marine mammals die every year due to ingested microplastics. Worse still, God only knows how much seafood is harvested from our oceans every year, and that gets eaten by humans who ingest the microplastics that are already in the seafood.

Closer to home, with every twist of a bottle cap on a plastic bottle, 500 or more particles of microplastics fall into the liquid inside of the bottle. With every twist. The average person probably twists a bottle cap a good six to ten times per bottle. Multiply that by how many bottles you drink every year, and it's a wonder that you don't look like a Barbie or Ken doll. Just squeezing a plastic bottle similarly releases microplastics into the liquid. Of course, that liquid, with its accompanying microplastics, gets ingested by humans. Doctors are increasingly linking microplastics to cardiovascular disease, cancer, strokes, infertility, diabetes, and all sorts of other illnesses. In fact, I spoke with a man just about two months ago who had to have one of his kidneys removed because of microplastics in his body. Doctors are even finding microplastics in the first poops or stools of newborn babies. This means that microplastics are being transmitted from mothers to their babies during pregnancies or childbirth. Leaving a water bottle out in the sun also releases microplastics into the liquid inside of the bottle.

The plastic bottles that wind up in our landfills take approximately 450 years to decompose, per bottle.

I would recommend that you all Google something like "microplastics illness" or "twisting bottle caps microplastics" to see this for yourselves.​
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Magenta
I'll just throw out some quick numbers that anyone can easily fact check for themselves before heading off to bed.

More than 20 billion plastic bottles wind up in our oceans annually, and they are not even the biggest plastic pollutants. Add to this number plastic bags, plastic straws, and the plastic rings that go around six packs of soda and beer, and you have a real-life disaster on your hands. After getting beaten about by waves, these plastics break down into microplastics, which are inevitably ingested by every type of sea creature. In fact, 100% of sea creatures that have been tested have microplastics in them. More than 100,000 marine mammals die every year due to ingested microplastics. Worse still, God only knows how much seafood is harvested from our oceans every year, and that gets eaten by humans who ingest the microplastics that are already in the seafood.

Closer to home, with every twist of a bottle cap on a plastic bottle, 500 or more particles of microplastics fall into the liquid inside of the bottle. With every twist. The average person probably twists a bottle cap a good six to ten times per bottle. Multiply that by how many bottles you drink every year, and it's a wonder that you don't look like a Barbie or Ken doll. Just squeezing a plastic bottle similarly releases microplastics into the liquid. Of course, that liquid, with its accompanying microplastics, gets ingested by humans. Doctors are increasingly linking microplastics to cardiovascular disease, cancer, strokes, infertility, diabetes, and all sorts of other illnesses. In fact, I spoke with a man just about two months ago who had to have one of his kidneys removed because of microplastics in his body. Doctors are even finding microplastics in the first poops or stools of newborn babies. This means that microplastics are being transmitted from mothers to their babies during pregnancies or childbirth. Leaving a water bottle out in the sun also releases microplastics into the liquid inside of the bottle.

The plastic bottles that wind up in our landfills take approximately 450 years to decompose, per bottle.

I would recommend that you all Google something like "microplastics illness" or "twisting bottle caps microplastics" to see this for yourselves.​
Well, hopefully people are trying to solve that problem.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Magenta
Well, hopefully people are trying to solve that problem.
Sure, and then others complain, we are not to use plastic bags any more, but all our food still gets plastic wrapped and packaged etc, well, change is slow, others mock the whole idea of planetary changes being caused by anything man does, like pollution? so what, the ozone layer? no probs, plastics in the ocean? birds and marine life dying? nah, that is for someone else to concern themselves with, coral beds dying off because of ocean temperature change, well, you know what they say about global warming right? It does not exist even though it is well documented, if you believe what any scientist says you are what, deceived or something? Believing Satan? Makes me wonder. We are not the good stewards we are meant to be, is what I know, and there is very little I can do about that. @passion84god thank you for your post...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Karlon
@passion84god thank you for your post...
I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news, especially on a thread that is intended for fun, but it is a topic that I am very familiar with. Maybe my comments will be a benefit to someone.​
 
  • Like
Reactions: Magenta
Well, hopefully people are trying to solve that problem.
Many people are familiar with the problem, but it is not really being rectified. Why not? In one word: money. A lot of revenue is gained through the sales of plastics, and money, as usual, rules the day in this fallen world.​
 
  • Like
Reactions: Magenta
I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news, especially on a thread that is intended for fun, but
it is a topic that I am very familiar with. Maybe my comments will be a benefit to someone.​
Lotsa deniers here. I am not much of a political person. Cannot even say I yousata be LOL
although a few events in history have rather caused me to sit up and take notice
:unsure::)
God's Word says He will destroy those who are destroying the world... Revelation 11 v 18
I yousta not believe the Bible...

 
We are both nervous 😬
15 minutes after you both meet the nervousness will subside and the excitement will start to build. We went through this and it turned out exceptional and the same will be true for both of you. At that point you can start making firm plans working towards the nuptials and your life's journey together.
 
I yousta count large sums of money. I did this for several years. Most people that worked outside of the office were very curious about what went on inside the office. They just knew all the money went into that room. It seemed like every time I'd come out of the office, while I was locking up and alarming it, at least one person would always ask me about my work in there. I wasn't allowed to talk much about it for security reasons. So I came up with a joke to quieten any questions. I'd say, "I always knew I'd have a lot of money. I just didn't know it wasn't going to be mine!"
They'd laugh and I'd walk away without further details. 🚶‍♀️💰🧐😌
 
God's Word says He will destroy those who are destroying the world... Revelation 11 v 18
I was thinking about that verse when I made my post about plastic pollution. Although I don't believe that God was specifically talking about that, there is some sort of correlation, I think.
 
I hate it when people give me plastic bottles of plain water I already have a bottle thanks but they just push them on you.

They never ask first either, they just hand it to you and don't even ask if you want it. I feel like shouting NO I don't want any plastic rubbish I am going to have to find somewhere to put it now. It was like when retail just wrapped things or put them in plastic bags and you had to constantly, constantly say no bag please I got my own. You had to push back and be rude and assert yourself.

Now they a days many who work in retail are polite and ask first before they give you something, but still that attitude persists where everything is shrink wrapped, packaged in plastic and those annoying blister packs which are a beast to open and can't be recycled. You have no choice but to accept this because the norm is everything is wrapped up. Ok for hygiene reasons, perhaps, but you know babies are ingesting plastic when they are fed from plastic bottles, and plastic cookware and utensils.

I think mothers are now aware of this, but I was fed plastic from a very young age and it's too late now. The coating inside packages is not wax, it's plastic. Bread still comes in plastic bags. They think by removing the plastic tags and replacing them with cardboard tags or making paper straws helps, but for bigger things its still soft plastic packaging in most of the food we buy. And then people inject plastic into themselves to make them look better - silicone, plastic surgery, plastic sticking plasters...

I can't think of how many plastic sanitary items I used in the past because I had no choice but to buy them. How many mothers used plastic disposable nappies? Millions. They are all buried in a landfill somewhere, still with plastic on them because someone thought washing nappies was too hard. Wet wipes flushed down the toilet and blocking drains, causing widespread flooding and sewage problems. IDK.

Nobody wants to live near a sewage treatment plant, or a landfill, so they place these things far far away from human habitation, but at the same time, ruin other places where wildlife have THEIR habitat. I'm thinking, ok but we can't all live on a mountain top and just throw our trash down the side of a mountain, creating another mountain of trash, and burying all the people/creatures that live in the valleys below.
 
I yousta be young, energetic, cheerful and helpful... For the first few weeks after my vacation last year.

That has long since worn off. I need another vacation. And I'll get one in four days, twelve hours and fifty-two minutes.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Karlon
The place where I w*rk yousta focus on making cheap food fast. Now we make the same cheap food but we try to pretend it is not as cheap, so it takes a lot longer to make now. Kinda stupid.

But I get my paycheck so it ain't my business. You wanna hobble the horse, that's fine as long as you still feed him.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Karlon
I yousta design Scripture panels. I did this one for Karlon when his brother in law passed.

Matthew5-4plus-Psalm147-3s.png

Matthew 5 v 4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Psalm 147:3He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
you are such a fine sweetie Magenta! just seeing this now. wonderfully thoughtful of you!
 
  • Heart
Reactions: Magenta
We yousta fish on the ocean but we caught more beer than fish... :unsure: 😊🤣🤣🤣

Oh! I yousta drink beer. LOL. Gave that up too...

It is truly a wonder I survived those years... Thank God for that... :love:
phunnneee about the beer. i wonder how many beers i drank in my lifetime! for a while, twas 30 to 40 drinks in pan soap of 3 to 4 hours!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Magenta
I yousta watch a lot of those type of shows, oh David Attenborough's Planet Earth series was stellar, then
I needed a break from tusk poachers et alia so watch our plastic ocean (?), whoa! Well, so much for taking a
break from all that, as I had to pause the documentary half way through to weep for the poor birds who get
so filled up with plastic they cannot eat anything... Eh, I yousta watch netflix, but songwriting has taken over my life...
we still watch david a. once in a while.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: Magenta