Let's play Bible Trivia!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 8, 2018
Thank you, Deade, Mountaindude28 and Magenta! I never pondered the 3 days and nights before - I always just knew it was true and accepted it. Now, my intellectual brain has caught up with my spiritual understanding. LOL!

Much love and appreciation to all of you for enlightening me! :love:

No problemo. I am super glad that all of us helped on that. There is a lot to learn and that's why I hope those who feel called to understand G-d's word deeper, that they take it very seriously. But others can be simple to and really show the light of Yeshua amongst all forms of life! :)

Oct 8, 2018
Here's a question then. I want to see if we can go 2 for 2.

If the Passover/Pesach Seder/Meal can ONLY be eating on the NIGHT of Passover/Pesach, and Yeshua died before the night of Pesach (High Shabbat/Sabbath/Sabbaton), then what meal was Yeshua eating with his disciples? (Hint: The Greek word for "bread" is NOT translated to Matzah).

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Here’s a question I want to see people’s answers too:

Explain how you fit 3 days and 3 nights into Friday sundown to Sunday morning?
You cannot..

But you can fit 3 nights and 3 days from Wednesday sundown to Saturday sundown. :)

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Here's a question then. I want to see if we can go 2 for 2.

If the Passover/Pesach Seder/Meal can ONLY be eating on the NIGHT of Passover/Pesach, and Yeshua died before the night of Pesach (High Shabbat/Sabbath/Sabbaton), then what meal was Yeshua eating with his disciples? (Hint: The Greek word for "bread" is NOT translated to Matzah).
The Biblical day founded by God is not the same as our days.. The Biblical day starts at sundown and ends at the following sundown.. So the true Passover starts at Sundown and Jesus had His Passover meal at the correct time.. Jesus had his Passover meal on the night of Passover and then was executed on the day of Passover..

Genesis 1: KJV
5 "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
The Biblical day founded by God is not the same as our days.. The Biblical day starts at sundown and ends at the following sundown.. So the true Passover starts at Sundown and Jesus had His Passover meal at the correct time.. Jesus had his Passover meal on the night of Passover and then was executed on the day of Passover..

Genesis 1: KJV
5 "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."
Yes.

Preparing the Passover
(Psalm 41:1-13; Matthew 26:17-25; Mark 14:12-21; John 13:18-30)

7 And the day of Unleavened Bread came, on which it was necessary for the Passover lamb to be sacrificed. 8 And He sent Peter and John, having said, “Having gone, prepare the Passover for us, that we might eat it.”
9 And they said to Him, “Where do You desire we should prepare it?”
10 And He said to them, “Behold, of you having entered into the city, a man carrying a pitcher of water will meet you. Follow him into the house into which he enters, 11 and you shall say to the master of the house, ‘The Teacher says to you, “Where is the guest room, where I may eat the Passover with My disciples?”’ 12 And he will show you a large furnished upper room. Prepare it there.”
13 And having gone, they found it as He had said to them, and they prepared the Passover.

The Last Supper
(Matthew 26:26-30; Mark 14:22-26; 1 Corinthians 11:17-34)

14 And when the hour was come, He reclined, and the apostles with Him. 15 And He said to them, “With desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. 16 For I say to you that never again will I eat thereof, until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.”
17 And having received the cup, having given thanks, He said, “Take this and divide it among yourselves. 18 For I say to you that I will not drink of the fruit of the vine from now until the kingdom of God shall come.”
19 And having taken the bread, having given thanks, He broke it and gave to them, saying, “This is My body, which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me,” 20 and the cup likewise, after having supped, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is being poured out for you.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^ If Nisan 10 [per Ex12:3-6] was indeed when Jesus rode into Jerusalem on the colt (what we call Palm Sunday), then the 14th (at even) would have fallen on Thursday.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
^ If Nisan 10 [per Ex12:3-6] was indeed when Jesus rode into Jerusalem on the colt (what we call Palm Sunday), then the 14th (at even) would have fallen on Thursday.
Jesus was born 34 BC, that would make 30 AD the year He was crucified. Nisan 14 falls on a Wednesday as shown in the Hebrew calendar below. Adstar is calling the First Day of Unleavened Bread Passover like the Jews call the whole week. Passover is actually synonymous with the preparation day. The actual Feast is called the First Day of Unleavened Bread. :cool:

JewCal30.png

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Jesus was born 34 BC, that would make 30 AD the year He was crucified. Nisan 14 falls on a Wednesday as shown in the Hebrew calendar below. Adstar is calling the First Day of Unleavened Bread Passover like the Jews call the whole week. Passover is actually synonymous with the preparation day. The actual Feast is called the First Day of Unleavened Bread. :cool:
Well, I guess I'm operating under the assumption that 32ad was the year of His death due to other factors that eliminate the possibility of surrounding years to qualify (something to do with Daniel's 69 Weeks ['7 Weeks and 62 Weeks'], and what that length of time would have specifically fallen to [as Zech9:9 was fulfilling the 69th Week, along with what Jesus said that day in Lk19:41-44])… It's still too early in the day for my fog to have lifted, so I'd have to dig in deeper [into the recesses of my noggin] at a later time, lol

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org

View attachment 189198
I am sorry Adstar, you called the right day for Passover. I just reread it. :oops:

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Well, I guess I'm operating under the assumption that 32ad was the year of His death due to other factors that eliminate the possibility of surrounding years to qualify (something to do with Daniel's 69 Weeks ['7 Weeks and 62 Weeks'], and what that length of time would have specifically fallen to [as Zech9:9 was fulfilling the 69th Week, along with what Jesus said that day in Lk19:41-44])… It's still too early in the day for my fog to have lifted, so I'd have to dig in deeper [into the recesses of my noggin] at a later time, lol
When you do get time to research it, realize that to put crucifixion on 32 AD Jesus would have to been born 2 BC. That is not possible as Herod the Great died on 4 BC. He was the one that ordered the massacre of the innocents at Bethlehem (Matt 2).

Reign 37 BCE– c. 4 BCE
Predecessor Antigonus II Mattathias
Successor
Born c. 74/73 BCE Died c. 4 BCE

From Wikipedia

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
No problemo. I am super glad that all of us helped on that. There is a lot to learn and that's why I hope those who feel called to understand G-d's word deeper, that they take it very seriously. But others can be simple to and really show the light of Yeshua amongst all forms of life! :)
LOL! Mountaindude28, you go ahead and be as serious as you want, but for me - the more I go deeper in God's Word the more JOYFUL I become!!!

Isn't the JOY of the Lord our strength? :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::love:

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
What is the name the prophet that said, ".........the joy of the Lord is your strength?"

Oct 8, 2018
LOL! Mountaindude28, you go ahead and be as serious as you want, but for me - the more I go deeper in God's Word the more JOYFUL I become!!!

Isn't the JOY of the Lord our strength? :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::love:

Lol! That’s why I said those who are called to it. Did not the Pharisee Paul who knew tons studying under Gamliel not study ANOTHER 3 years after he met Yeshua? But of course this what Paul was called too! Sure he had joy but one can have joy and study and suffer at the same time! That’s what I love about Paul or Yeshua! Sure we take joy but there is tons of work to do! But everyone in the body of Mashiach does have their own role and I love those who are simple and joyful and keep it simple, as much as one who studies to know truth, because THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREEEEEEEE!!!!

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
reparing the Passover

7 And the day of Unleavened Bread came, on which it was necessary for the Passover lamb to be sacrificed. 8 And He sent Peter and John, having said, “Having gone, prepare the Passover for us, that we might eat it.”
10 And He said to them, “Behold, of you having entered into the city, a man carrying a pitcher of water will meet you. Follow him into the house into which he enters, 11 and you shall say to the master of the house, ‘The Teacher says to you, “Where is the guest room, where I may eat the Passover with My disciples?”’ 12 And he will show you a large furnished upper room. Prepare it there.”
13 And having gone, they found it as He had said to them, and they prepared the Passover.
What scripture is this? You have 4 different scriptures quoted above and then you put scripture below it without stipulating what book and chapter those verses come from????????

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I offer this web site which shows what i believe to be an accurate account of the week of the execution of Jesus..

Resurrection when

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
What scripture is this? You have 4 different scriptures quoted above and then you put scripture below it without stipulating what book and chapter those verses come from????????
My apologies. I almost always make a point to reference the passages that I place in a post, but I neglected to do so for this post (however, it does show up as LINKED in the verse numbers :) ... perhaps it doesn't show up on your end??)

Here's an article showing how Jesus would not have been baptized before 29ad, per scriptural indicators:

[quoting]

GraceThruFaith [Fri, Dec 27, 2013]

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/reconciling-daniels-prophecy-palm-sunday-follow/

Q -
In Reconciling Daniels Prophecy to Palm Sunday, you stated, “483 years of 360 days each from 445 BC brings us to 32AD.” Elsewhere, you state historical evidence of Jesus being born sometime between 6 B.C. and 4 B.C., with which my own studies concur. Luke 3:23 states that Jesus was about thirty when his ministry began. If so, then I’m having a hard time connecting the dots. If Palm Sunday was in 32

A -
In Luke 3:1 the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar is mentioned as being the beginning of John the Baptist’s ministry. Although Tiberius had authority over the Roman provinces beginning in 11AD, he reigned as Caesar from 14 to 37 AD so his fifteenth year would have been 29 AD. This is the earliest year in which Jesus could have been baptized, but is not necessarily the exact year.
Luke 3:21-23 imply that Jesus was baptized at the outset of His ministry and tell us he was “about 30”. If He was born shortly before King Herod died (4 BC) and was baptized in 29 AD He would have been 34 at the time His ministry began. Crucifixion in 32 AD would have made Him 37 at the time of His death.

John’s gospel mentions three Passovers between the beginning of His ministry and his death (John 2:13, John 6:4, John 11:55). This indicates a minimum of two years. My research into the birth of John the Baptist has led me to conclude that Jesus was born in the early fall, perhaps on Rosh Hashanah. If so, He could have been in ministry for as long as 6 months before that first Passover.
There are no clear dates in the Bible by which we can accurately measure the duration of His ministry. But by adding 6 months before that first Passover and another 40 days between His resurrection and His ascension, you could reasonably estimate the time to be something around 2 1/2 years.

Some scholars don’t believe this would have given Jesus enough time to accomplish all that He did, so they assume there must have been another Passover, not mentioned in the Bible, which would add another year to His ministry. That’s how the 3 1/2 year duration of His ministry came into existence, and by assuming Jesus was 30 when He began His ministry, they also assume He was 33 1/2 when He died.

As you can see all the calculations concerning the events of the Lord’s life are at least partially based on man made assumptions. He could have been born as early as 6BC but no later than 4BC. He could not have been baptized before 29AD but it could have been later. His ministry had to have spanned at least 2 years but could have been longer.

The truth is, no one knows exactly when He was born, when His ministry began, what its duration was, or how old He was when He died. So what you are missing is the same thing everyone else is missing; the facts concerning these milestones in the Lord’s life.

[end quoting article; bold and underline mine]

And here is the Luke 22:7-20 [blb (Berean Literal Bible)] passage I'd put in my previous post (again, my apologies for neglecting to openly reference it there :) ):

Preparing the Passover

The Last Supper
(Matthew 26:26-30; Mark 14:22-26; 1 Corinthians 11:17-34)

14 And when the hour was come, He reclined, and the apostles with Him. 15 And He said to them, “With desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. 16 For I say to you that never again will I eat thereof, until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.”
17 And having received the cup, having given thanks, He said, “Take this and divide it among yourselves. 18 For I say to you that I will not drink of the fruit of the vine from now until the kingdom of God shall come.”
19 And having taken the bread, having given thanks, He broke it and gave to them, saying, “This is My body, which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me,” 20 and the cup likewise, after having supped, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is being poured out for you.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
In Luke 3:1 the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar is mentioned as being the beginning of John the Baptist’s ministry. Although Tiberius had authority over the Roman provinces beginning in 11AD, he reigned as Caesar from 14 to 37 AD so his fifteenth year would have been 29 AD. This is the earliest year in which Jesus could have been baptized, but is not necessarily the exact year. Luke 3:21-23 imply that Jesus was baptized at the outset of His ministry and tell us he was “about 30”. If He was born shortly before King Herod died (4 BC) and was baptized in 29 AD He would have been 34 at the time His ministry began. Crucifixion in 32 AD would have made Him 37 at the time of His death.
Well 32 Ad isn't going to work as it is too far to the weekly Sabbath falling on a Monday. See below.

Nisan3792-scr.PNG

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Do you see the "warning" message that reads:

"Warning! Results for year 1752 C.E. and earlier may be inaccurate.
Hebcal does not take into account a correction of ten days that was introduced by Pope Gregory XIII known as the Gregorian Reformation"

Additionally, read this article:

http://christinprophecy.org/articles/the-jewish-calendar/

"The Jewish Calendar: What Year Is It, and Does It Really Matter?" - Dr David R Reagan

Something like a 256-yr difference

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
^ [edit to add] Something like a 256-yr difference (between what Hebcal shows, and the actual Hebrew year [as of the time of the writing of that article, awhile back... some years back])

So, I was saying that Nisan 10 [per Ex12:3-6 (the selection and following examination of the lamb)] was on Palm Sunday... making Nisan 14 to be Thursday of that week.