Let's play Bible Trivia!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Who offered armor to David in His battle with Goliath and did He use it. Yes or no and why?

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Is Easter mentioned in the Bible? If yes, name the scripture. ;)
but put to death the Prince of life, the one whom God raised from the dead, a fact to which we are witnesses.
Acts 3:15 NASB

one of many, but are you asking the celebration of this momentous event or the reason for the celebration?
No.
Where did the Apostle Paul leave his coat?
Actually no, it isn't. Someone decided to translate the Greek pascha to Easter, but it really means Passover. :cool:
Well now, even if the Greek pascha was translated to Easter, Easter was still mentioned in the Bible. hehehee ;)

Acts 12:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.

Of course, as Christians we celebrate Jesus' resurrection as Easter.

All of you gave great answers! Deade, yours was the most insightful! Thank you! :love:(y)

YDo

Dec 9, 2018
Well now, even if the Greek pascha was translated to Easter, Easter was still mentioned in the Bible. hehehee ;)

4 And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.

All of you gave great answers! Deade, yours was the most insightful! Thank you! :love:(y)
(y):unsure:

http://www.kjvtoday.com/home/easter-or-passover-in-acts-124
Acts 12:4:

Textus Receptus: "ον και πιασας εθετο εις φυλακην παραδους τεσσαρσιν τετραδιοις στρατιωτων φυλασσειν αυτον βουλομενος μετα το πασχα αναγαγειν αυτον τω λαω"

King James Version: "And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people."

English Standard Version: "And when he had seized him, he put him in prison, delivering him over to four squads of soldiers to guard him, intending after the Passover to bring him out to the people."

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014

Bamidy Bam Bam, so yes, using passover as Deade said (agreed most insightful, dang you, wise bro), lol, and your verse Acts 12:4 brings it home. So I was right, neener, neener, but only in part, whaaaa, hahaha. < gosh my font has me emotional state all over the place, lol. Just messing Brethren, ok where are we?

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Bamidy Bam Bam, so yes, using passover as Deade said (agreed most insightful, dang you, wise bro), lol, and your verse Acts 12:4 brings it home. So I was right, neener, neener, but only in part, whaaaa, hahaha. < gosh my font has me emotional state all over the place, lol. Just messing Brethren, ok where are we?
My second book expounds on this subject. It was the Germanic Christians that first called Passover as Easter. Look in your dictionary to see where the name Easter comes from. :cool:

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Who offered armor to David in His battle with Goliath and did He use it. Yes or no and why?
It was King Saul the gave David the armor. He started to put it on but realized he had not "proved" (tested) it yet. He then decided to not wear it. Oops, cv5 beat me. :cool:

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I am still waiting on this question:
Question: What month of the Hebrew year was the first month
https://biblehub.com/exodus/12-2.htm

That depends. God specified that Nisan was to be the specified beginning of months religious calendar.
The former and now secular calendat specifies Tishri as the first month.
Noahs ark rested in the seventh month seventeenth day of the month, Nisan 17 in the religious calendar the Feast of Firstruits.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

That depends. God specified that Nisan was to be the specified beginning of months religious calendar.
The former and now secular calendat specifies Tishri as the first month.
Noahs ark rested in the seventh month seventeenth day of the month, Nisan 17 in the religious calendar the Feast of Firstruits.
Sorry....typing on my phone...

That depends. God specified that Nisan was to be the beginning of months of the religious calendar per Exodus 12:2

The former and now secular calendar specifies Tishri as the first month.

Noah's ark rested in the seventh month seventeenth day of the month, Nisan 17 of the religious calendar, the Feast of Firstfruits, the 17th of Nisan of the religious calendar.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Sorry....typing on my phone...

That depends. God specified that Nisan was to be the beginning of months of the religious calendar per Exodus 12:2

The former and now secular calendar specifies Tishri as the first month.

Noah's ark rested in the seventh month seventeenth day of the month, Nisan 17 of the religious calendar, the Feast of Firstfruits, the 17th of Nisan of the religious calendar.
Lafftur already answered this question in post #2905. We need a new question. You are on. :cool:

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Lafftur already answered this question in post #2905. We need a new question. You are on. :cool:
Yes thank you.

But I added the important detail that God announced the calendar change at a specific time and place (Ex 12:2) and for the purpose of His specified worship parameters and rituals.
Furthermore, the non-coincidental date of landing of the Ark, which of course is symbolic.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Question: how many times did Moses ascend (and descend) Mt. Sinai?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Question: what are the names of Daniels companions?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Question: what is the closest body of water (sea) during the 38 years of Israel's loitering noted in Numbers?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Question: where did the (latter) Anointing of Jesus take place?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Question: What was the length of time that Israel spent in Egypt?