Let's play Bible Trivia!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
What exactly is happening in the passage about the circumcision of Moses' son in Exodus 4:24-26?
What I think about this is that Moses came down sick and did not know why. I believe his wife was told a couple times (in a dream maybe?) to do the circumcision but she kept holding off. When it seemed that Moses could go no further, she had to act.

God did this a couple of times when He called me into ministry. He tested to see if we both would listen. One time a needed instruction given her was not heeded until she spoke up, then we had to backtrack. :)

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
H
I read that link and it looks like a bunch of tripe to me. How in the world did Pharaoh's son, a child come to be in the inn? No, it was Moses that was sick. His wife was given the answer. That tried to completely dismiss the circumcision from the sickness. No, they are related. :cool:
Honesty never encountered the sickness interpretation as of yet.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I am not satisfied with my answer. I thi
I read that link and it looks like a bunch of tripe to me. How in the world did Pharaoh's son, a child come to be in the inn? No, it was Moses that was sick. His wife was given the answer. That tried to completely dismiss the circumcision from the sickness. No, they are related. :cool:
So who is it that He, God, wanted to kill, if not Pharoah's son.

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
To who did the pre-incarnate Messiah appear in the O.T?

To be honest I can think of …. off the top of my head but I too will have to look this answer up to see if there is more than I am thinking of.... I am thinking of at least 4 different people (s)....

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

To be honest I can think of …. off the top of my head but I too will have to look this answer up to see if there is more than I am thinking of.... I am thinking of at least 4 different people (s)....
Joshua, Jacob, Abraham, Manoah’s wife, Gideon, Hagar, Moses, Aaron, Miriam (Num ch 12).....and according to Judges ch 2 the children of Israel!

Oh yes....let us not forget Exodus 24 (possibly)....!

Judges ch 2
1Now the angel of the Lord went up from Gilgal to Bochim. And he said, “I brought you up from Egypt and brought you into the land that I swore to give to your fathers. I said, ‘I will never break my covenant with you, 2and you shall make no covenant with the inhabitants of this land; you shall break down their altars.’ But you have not obeyed my voice. What is this you have done? 3So now I say, I will not drive them out before you, but they shall become thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare to you.” 4As soon as the angel of the Lord spoke these words to all the people of Israel, the people lifted up their voices and wept. 5And they called the name of that place Bochim. And they sacrificed there to the Lord.

Exodus 24

9Then Moses and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel went up, 10and they saw the God of Israel. There was under his feet as it were a pavement of sapphire stone, like the very heaven for clearness. 11And he did not lay his hand on the chief men of the people of Israel; they beheld God, and ate and drank.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
H

Honesty never encountered the sickness interpretation as of yet.
I am not satisfied with my answer. I thi

So who is it that He, God, wanted to kill, if not Pharoah's son.
Well see this happened to me. I came down sick just before taking a giant step in faith. I was prevented from going on for a while. I asked God what was happening and almost turned from my mission. Then God healed me and told me it was a test to make sure everyone was on board. Once God allowed the way forward, I knew He was behind the move. He even showed what happened to Moses was similar. Moses was the one seemingly near death.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org

Everyone that encountered God did so through the pre-incarnate Christ. Every action of God was done by Him and through Him; including creation. He was the one with the Israeli children in the wilderness (1 Cor. 10:4).
:cool:

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
therefore, behold, days are coming," declares the Lord , "when this place will no longer be called Topheth or the valley of Ben-hinnom, but rather the valley of Slaughter.
Jeremiah 19:6 NASB

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
therefore, behold, days are coming," declares the Lord , "when this place will no longer be called Topheth or the valley of Ben-hinnom, but rather the valley of Slaughter.
Jeremiah 19:6 NASB
Congratulations, you won the moment and the control. Take it away. ClapClap.gif

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Which prophet of the bible does this describe...

He lived by the Kebar (or Chebar) River after being taken to Babylon as one of the exiles.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Which prophet of the bible does this describe...

He lived by the Kebar (or Chebar) River after being taken to Babylon as one of the exiles.
Ezekiel. Contemporary of Daniel. Young guy at that time.

Ezekiel in Babylon
1In the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, on the fifth day of the month, as I was among the exiles by the Chebar canal, the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God.a 2On the fifth day of the month (it was the fifth year of the exile of King Jehoiachin), 3the word of the Lord came to Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, in the land of the Chaldeans by the Chebar canal, and the hand of the Lord was upon him there.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
My Turn!

What were the names of Goliath's four brothers?

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
My Turn!

What were the names of Goliath's four brothers?
I found reference to only one.

1 Chr. 20:5 "And there was war again with the Philistines; and Elhanan the son of Jair slew Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite, whose spear staff was like a weaver's beam." :cool:

prove-all

May 16, 2014
I found reference to only one.

1 Chr. 20:5 "And there was war again with the Philistines; and Elhanan the son of Jair slew Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite, whose spear staff was like a weaver's beam." :cool:
You’ll find the hint of Goliath’s four brothers in 2 Samuel 21:18-22. It’s clearest in the King James Version, which says that all four of the giants slain there were born to the giant in Gath (where Goliath was from ) and specifically identifies one of them as Goliath’s brother. This leads us to believe that all four were Goliath’s brothers.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Was Jesus really born on December 25th? :unsure:

Eventually we all ask ourselves this question and the answer is quite interesting.........

We might have some fun and informative chatting on this one!:giggle:

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org

Eventually we all ask ourselves this question and the answer is quite interesting.........

No, of course He wasn't. In Luke 2:8 we are told the shepherds were in the field watching their flocks overnight. They didn't do that in the dead of winter. By that time of the year there was no grazing in the fields so they kept their sheep holed up and fed them hay.

Some say Constantine set the birthday of Christ on the same day they worshipped Saturn called Saturnalia. Many of the festivities are the same as our Christmas ones. :cool:

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017

No, of course He wasn't. In Luke 2:8 we are told the shepherds were in the field watching their flocks overnight. They didn't do that in the dead of winter. By that time of the year there was no grazing in the fields so they kept their sheep holed up and fed them hay.

Some say Constantine set the birthday of Christ on the same day they worshipped Saturn called Saturnalia. Many of the festivities are the same as our Christmas ones. :cool:
Hello Deade! :love:

You are correct, Jesus was NOT born on December 25th. :)(y)

I'm thinking He was born in late September. What do you think? :)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Back then they didnt follow the gregorian calendar so he would have been born in the jewish month. It was probably around the same time though. Shepherds keep watch of their sheep all year round, plus in Israel, winters are mild. Its not like they are anywhere near the north pole.

I heard some people say Tishri, which corresponds to september, but others say he was born during the festival of dedication (hannukah) which is in winter. Which would be appropriate given that he is the Light of the World. And we do know he was born near the evening sometime. As shepeherds came soon after, and there being no room at the inn..they must have got there late.