Let's play Bible Trivia!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Where was Rachel buried and how old was she?
I could not find the age of Rachel at her death.

Gen. 35:19 "And Rachel died, and was buried in the way to Ephrath, which is Bethlehem."
Where was Miriam buried and how old was she?
I could not find the age of Miriam at her death.

Num. 20:1 "Then came the children of Israel, even the whole congregation, into the desert of Zin in the first month: and the people abode in Kadesh; and Miriam died there, and was buried there." :cool:

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Also Issac....Gen Ch 26 (twice).
What is this? A response to who saw God? Is seeing God in dreams and visions really seeing God? The ancient children of Israel actually saw only manifestations of God (ie. pillar of cloud/fire). Here is how I put it together:

No one has seen God

Another flat out contradiction is that 1 Timothy 6:16 says "no one has seen God nor CAN see Him" but Exodus 24:11 says "they SAW God."

Well folks, if you read a little further in Exodus you will see what they saw:

Exodus 24:15-18: "And Moses went up into the mount, and a cloud covered the mount. And the glory of the LORD abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud. And the sight of the glory of the LORD was like devouring fire on the top of the mount in the eyes of the children of Israel. And Moses went into the midst of the cloud, and gat him up into the mount: and Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights."

So you see, it was just a cloud on the top of the mountain. The children of Israel also saw the Lord in a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night:

Exodus 13:21,22: "And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night: He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people."

Exodus 33:18-23: “And he (Moses) said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock: And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.”

Even Moses was only allowed an after-glance of God. If we beheld His face, I doubt it would take faith to serve Him. God requires faith from everyone. :eek:

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
What is this? A response to who saw God? Is seeing God in dreams and visions really seeing God? The ancient children of Israel actually saw only manifestations of God (ie. pillar of cloud/fire). Here is how I put it together:

No one has seen God

Another flat out contradiction is that 1 Timothy 6:16 says "no one has seen God nor CAN see Him" but Exodus 24:11 says "they SAW God."

Well folks, if you read a little further in Exodus you will see what they saw:

Exodus 24:15-18: "And Moses went up into the mount, and a cloud covered the mount. And the glory of the LORD abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud. And the sight of the glory of the LORD was like devouring fire on the top of the mount in the eyes of the children of Israel. And Moses went into the midst of the cloud, and gat him up into the mount: and Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights."

So you see, it was just a cloud on the top of the mountain. The children of Israel also saw the Lord in a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night:

Exodus 13:21,22: "And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night: He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people."

Exodus 33:18-23: “And he (Moses) said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock: And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.”

Even Moses was only allowed an after-glance of God. If we beheld His face, I doubt it would take faith to serve Him. God requires faith from everyone. :eek:
Joshua did not see some kind of a vision. He saw a man holding a sword. Similar to Abraham.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Joshua did not see some kind of a vision. He saw a man holding a sword. Similar to Abraham.
Joshua and Abraham did indeed see manifestations of the Lord. He appeared to Abraham on the plains of Mamre with two angels (cherubim) and sat and ate with them. Think about this: Does God look like an ordinary man? That is how He appeared to them. No, I think the following is more what He looks like:

Rev. 1:13-16 "And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength." :)

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I think this thread should be pinned. I think we need to encourage more bible study for ourselves and our Brothers and Sisters. I only say this, lol, because I'm a goof and I couldn't find my way back here, lol. Anyway, let's see what y'all are studying...

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Of what course and place in sequence of Priest was Zacharias?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Now it happened that while he was performing his priestly service before God in the appointed order of his division, according to the custom of the priestly office, he was chosen by lot to enter the temple of the Lord and burn incense. And the whole multitude of the people were in prayer outside at the hour of the incense offering.
Luke 1:8‭-‬10 NASB
https://bible.com/bible/100/luk.1.8-10.NASB

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Now it happened that while he was performing his priestly service before God in the appointed order of his division, according to the custom of the priestly office, he was chosen by lot to enter the temple of the Lord and burn incense. And the whole multitude of the people were in prayer outside at the hour of the incense offering.
Luke 1:8‭-‬10 NASB
https://bible.com/bible/100/luk.1.8-10.NASB
Luke 1:5

In the days of Herod, king of Judea, there was a priest named Zechariah, of the division of Abijah

1 Chron 24

The first lot fell to Jehoiarib, the second to Jedaiah, the third to Harim, the fourth to Seorim, the fifth to Malchijah, the sixth to Mijamin, the seventh to Hakkoz, the eighth to Abijah

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
What was the specific Name of God that only Jacob alone used in Scripture? Used twice.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
What name did Jacob give the place where he wrestled with the Angel?