Let's play Bible Trivia!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
What was the name of the city that Lot fled to after he was led out of Sodom?

Seems more like a town but still..

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
What was the name of the city that Lot fled to after he was led out of Sodom?

Seems more like a town but still..
Zoara, the biblical Zoar, previously called Bela (Genesis 14:8), was one of the five "cities of the plain"[1] – a pentapolis apparently located along the lower Jordan Valley and the Dead Sea plain and mentioned in the Book of Genesis. It was said to have been spared the "brimstone and fire" which destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah in order to provide a refuge for Lot and his daughters.

From Wikipedia

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I was reading it through with a disconnected perspective on the language and was like Zoar means small and sort of put myself there.

Hmm...this town is tiny...that shall be it's name

or "that was a town?" it was so small!...thus, its name was "hardly" for it was easily missed ;)

Just sometimes gives me a giggle how succinct the names are.

Didn't know it was previously called Bela or also called. Ty.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I can't see where you are....I am in the US cst.....we have what is called Braums....they own their own dairies and serve hamburgers and sell groceries ....made from their dairy products....
It is their flavor they have had for decades....only once or twice have I ever found them out of it.....
Their ice cream is premium quality I would prefer over baskin robbins any day.....
Burgers are good!
😀 MO AR OK TX KS and don't know where else......?

Braums, I lived in AR, and loved that place. That's the only place I've ever had limoncello ice cream.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
True or False:
"Search and see that no prophet arises from Galilee.” (Jh 7:52)

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Incorrect. Jonah and several others were from the region of Galilee...

"several prophets came from Galilee:

• Micah was from Moresheth-gath, in Galilee (Micah 1:1).
• Elijah, of Gilead, was a native of Galilee (I Kings 17:1).
• Jonah was from Gath Hepher, in Galilee (II Kings 14:25; see Joshua 19:13).

Nahum and Hosea may have hailed from Galilee as well. "

K

KnowMe

Incorrect. Jonah and several others were from the region of Galilee...

"several prophets came from Galilee:

• Micah was from Moresheth-gath, in Galilee (Micah 1:1).
• Elijah, of Gilead, was a native of Galilee (I Kings 17:1).
• Jonah was from Gath Hepher, in Galilee (II Kings 14:25; see Joshua 19:13).

Nahum and Hosea may have hailed from Galilee as well. "
God does not error, true or false? is John 7:52 a wrong statement

K

KnowMe

Samaria was north but not part of galilee, which Galilee was known as Megiddo as well earlier times.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
So... getting back to the point of the thread...

Identify seven prophetesses in Scripture (there are more).

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Let's see...........I'll jump in with a chronological question......:unsure:

Put these events in chronological order and name the person that did them:

- knew the answer when Jesus asked, "who do you say that I am?" Kepha (or Peter)
- entered Jesus' tomb first - if this is a trick question it must have been the rich man when he bought the grave? but if not Mary² arrived there first but following the trend it must be Kepha (or Peter)
- pulled money out of a fish's mouth to pay taxes - Kepha (or Peter)....... I wish I could pay my taxes like that
- knocks at the door and Rhoda doesn't let him in - Kepha (or Peter) again
- cut off a temple guard's ear - Kepha (or Peter) AGAIN :eek::eek::eek:

GandalfTheWhite, you are correct! Great job! :)(y)

Sorry I was gone so long.....:giggle:

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I am going to ask a question!!! YIPEEE :love:

Why did God keep Israel in the desert for 40 years?

It appears we never answered this question. Well, here is the answer:

Num. 14:21-35 "But truly, as I live, and as all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the LORD, none of the men who have seen my glory and my signs that I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and yet have put me to the test these ten times and have not obeyed my voice, shall see the land that I swore to give to their fathers. And none of those who despised me shall see it. But my servant Caleb, because he has a different spirit and has followed me fully, I will bring into the land into which he went, and his descendants shall possess it. Now, since the Amalekites and the Canaanites dwell in the valleys, turn tomorrow and set out for the wilderness by the way to the Red Sea.” And the LORD spoke to Moses and to Aaron, saying, “How long shall this wicked congregation grumble against me? I have heard the grumblings of the people of Israel, which they grumble against me. Say to them, ‘As I live, declares the LORD, what you have said in my hearing I will do to you: your dead bodies shall fall in this wilderness, and of all your number, listed in the census from twenty years old and upward, who have grumbled against me, not one shall come into the land where I swore that I would make you dwell, except Caleb the son of Jephunneh and Joshua the son of Nun. But your little ones, who you said would become a prey, I will bring in, and they shall know the land that you have rejected. But as for you, your dead bodies shall fall in this wilderness. And your children shall be shepherds in the wilderness forty years and shall suffer for your faithlessness, until the last of your dead bodies lies in the wilderness. According to the number of the days in which you spied out the land, forty days, a year for each day, you shall bear your iniquity forty years, and you shall know my displeasure.’ I, the LORD, have spoken. Surely this will I do to all this wicked congregation who are gathered together against me: in this wilderness they shall come to a full end, and there they shall die.”

They didn't think they could overtake the people of the promised land.
Unbelief is the simple version of the answer Deade gave. :)(y)